AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Old 2010-07-02, 19:00   Link #161
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
I swear I do not remember more than one man in KK. Wtf.
And honestly now. Considering the way Japanese (Otaku) viewers are it's unlikely any animation will try to derive from any of the staples, especially under the upcoming critism of worker pay and industry decline.

Sigh. Really makes me sad. *CRIES ON VEXX'S MANLY CHEST.*

T_T

Ah my memory is slighty returning. I remember the readers didn't like it because it didn't focus on any portion of characters for long and kept switching right? The format for more than one competent protaganist should really be a much sought after concept, but that particular case of execution was lacking in proper structure. Probably too many male characters. You only need 2 not (insert number because of memory loss) that KK tried.

I do hope someone attempts such an idea again sometime in the soon future. But I guess we're stuck with this stuff eh?

=(

Credit @ fallschirmjager

Last edited by Jin Kizuite; 2010-07-02 at 19:17.
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 19:00   Link #162
Gibber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bran206 View Post
that rejection made me laugh, the guy was asking for it , but i didn't like that girl she was such a frikking biaatch she should have been a bit more conservative about the way she interacted with him but i guess she was leading him on with the "your so nice" crap
Yeah, the way Haruka kept on teasing him and then the rejection was pretty brutal. Well, not really since the lead is kinda eh. Not sure on the resetting thing but I think it'll be much better than if they tweak the endings of each girl and mush it into one story. Though I haven't played the game yet so I have no idea but it's looking to be a nice show. Keep on imagining Hinagiku when Haruka speaks though lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
*Hugs tightly.* Finally someone who agrees with me! And what? Japanese watchers what are you thinking?! (I can say that for a number of Otaku subjects but this...)
(Facepalms)

Something like this 2 years back would of been one of my favourite animes but i'm pretty sick of these repetitive character roles by now it's much below my standard. P.S KKPR? Full title? Sounds like something i've watched.

Netherless It's something to burn my time on watching. (Sigh)
It's Kimikiss pure rouge, I'm assuming.

Also probably stupid question but does the SS mean anything?
Gibber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 19:08   Link #163
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Aww, why can't Miya get an arc. As of this episode, she's my favorite.

It was a pretty interesting first episode. The animation is pretty good, and it doesn't seem to run into the really bad problems that most poor adaptations do. Although, I have to admit, he makes that ditch two years ago sound overly dramatic.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 19:08   Link #164
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibber View Post
I'm not entirely sure on this but I think I saw as Super Sexy somewhere

Edit: actually I'm thinking the SS might not mean anything but Super Sexy I like.
Old 2010-07-02, 19:12   Link #165
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibber View Post
Yeah, the way Haruka kept on teasing him and then the rejection was pretty brutal. Well, not really since the lead is kinda eh. Not sure on the resetting thing but I think it'll be much better than if they tweak the endings of each girl and mush it into one story. Though I haven't played the game yet so I have no idea but it's looking to be a nice show. Keep on imagining Hinagiku when Haruka speaks though lol.

It's Kimikiss pure rouge, I'm assuming.

SS what? From what quote? Also the way that Haruka's character is, is pretty common in "normal" girls. Not sure if an 'idol' should be more love conscious but there are many girls who are quite "friendly" with guys and taking it beyond that doesn't exist in their minds.

However though the first two encounters were acceptable "it happens," even I was astonished when she played leap, whatever the crap that was on his back. That pretty much crossed the line of believable character to me. If she honestly didn't think that would attract any guy at the age they appear to me then blind me. I dunno what sort of bring up past could make her than ignorant for lack of better wording.

^ Lastly as someone said above. That stood up date scarring is over the top exaggeration. Someone needs to slap him.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Old 2010-07-02, 19:17   Link #166
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
SS what? From what quote? Also the way that Haruka's character is, is pretty common in "normal" girls. Not sure if an 'idol' should be more love conscious but there are many girls who are quite "friendly" with guys and taking it beyond that doesn't exist in their minds.

However though the first two encounters were acceptable "it happens," even I was astonished when she played leap, whatever the crap that was on his back. That pretty much crossed the line of believable character to me.

^ Lastly as someone said above. That stood up date scarring is over the top exaggeration. Someone needs to slap him.
If she's leading him on, like some people have suggested, then it makes sense, and it also explains why she's interacting with him so much. Plus, we need to know why she confronted him in the first place. If it really is because he seemed nice, it'll show, but I'm skeptical about that.

With the amount we know about her at this point, I don't really think you can dismiss it as, "She's an overly friendly person who just so happens to have no shame," or whatever.

Edit: Also, shame that they didn't really expand on that second guy in ef - a tale of memories. That and True Tears are the closest I've seen to a show with two main male characters.
Old 2010-07-02, 19:21   Link #167
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
If she's leading him on, like some people have suggested, then it makes sense, and it also explains why she's interacting with him so much. Plus, we need to know why she confronted him in the first place. If it really is because he seemed nice, it'll show, but I'm skeptical about that.

With the amount we know about her at this point, I don't really think you can dismiss it as, "She's an overly friendly person who just so happens to have no shame," or whatever.

She wasn't interacting with him so much if we've watched the same thing. The only encounters I remember are:

1) The guy drops his bread. Any passerby that's nice would offer to help pick that stuff up. Just so happens to be her. The "your eyes are pretty part" was a bit eh. But meh.

2) Bump in the library. Standard stuff.

Then you got to remember they didn't talk again for days / was it a week? But again as I said the part that comes next, even I dunno what to think. What age are they? That stuff was pretty, immature? Can't think of another word.

But yeah the last 10 minutes was pretty iffy. For an "idol" any of the people around that saw that much of thought she got a screw loose. Hope rumors spread soon.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Old 2010-07-02, 19:25   Link #168
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
She wasn't interacting with him so much if we've watched the same thing. The only encounters I remember are:

1) The guy drops his bread. Any passerby that's nice would offer to help pick that stuff up. Just so happens to be her. The "your eyes are pretty part" was a bit eh. But meh.

Then you got to remember they didn't talk again for days / was it a week? But again as I said the part that comes next, even I dunno what to think. What age are they? That stuff was pretty, immature? Can't think of another word.
It was guys being guys. I wouldn't be surprised if I saw guys at my school messing around like that. I personally think she had a reason to do that, but we'll see.

Protagonist-guy [I can't remember his name, but I can remember Nii-nii.] is probably in his second year, considering he remarked on the girl being a freshman and has a senpai. That'd place him around 16 or 17?
Old 2010-07-02, 19:42   Link #169
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quick Q for the VN players, is there any arcs outside of the main 6 girls? Because Vol 13 has no name attached to it from the looks of it.. and 6x4=24. No Miya (imouto) or Maya (teacher) route? If there isn't maybe they might do anime original for one of them or something... Or maybe Ayatsuji who's batting last gets 6 episodes compared to everyone else getting 4?

Hard to rank the girls considering this is going in arcs... but atm.. Morishima, Kaoru and Ayatsuji are my clear favs from the main 6.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 19:51   Link #170
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
It was guys being guys. I wouldn't be surprised if I saw guys at my school messing around like that. I personally think she had a reason to do that, but we'll see.

Protagonist-guy [I can't remember his name, but I can remember Nii-nii.] is probably in his second year, considering he remarked on the girl being a freshman and has a senpai. That'd place him around 16 or 17?
Hell Yeah, thats def "boys will be boys"
I was doing stupid stuff like that all the time at school even right up to my last year, hell maybe even for a time afterwards, yea me and my friends were pretty immature but we didn't really care
Actually reminds me we're doing leap frog once expect we weren't bending over we stood up straight trying to see if we could jump over each other, girl tried to jump over me but I stood at around 6 foot back then so lets say she didn't land so well.

School boy crush is school boy crush, it comes and goes. Her "leading" him on even for a little bit would be enough for school boy crush to bloom like wild fire.
Old 2010-07-02, 19:52   Link #171
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:

But yeah the last 10 minutes was pretty iffy. For an "idol" any of the people around that saw that much of thought she got a screw loose. Hope rumors spread soon.
You forgot the leap frog scene. I say if it was a dating sim (which it is game-wise), those are points up regardless if it was a small talk. Think of it as an easy going girl whose hard to get . Anyway, she knew that Junichi likes her and yet....guess she wants to see more from him? Ah love can be cruel sometimes.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 19:55   Link #172
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The leapfrog stuff was weird from start to finish: that high-schoolers would do it and that a girl would join in. But it was there for two reasons: to give them an oddly intimate contact, and to show her innocent and carefree attitude.

I agree with the idea that she is playing around innocently (in her own conscious mind) with (younger) guys, not thinking at all of anything further. The contrast between the guys liking picture books of women, and her liking picture books of cute dogs is meant to show her innocent attitude, I think.

She seems to be a bit of a flake in her friend's eyes, and maybe we are starting to understand why. There is no reason she should be attracted to our hero, except maybe that he's nice. Maybe someone else (older) wasn't nice to her? That's as far as I can go from one episode.

Sure, there are cliches here, but they are done pretty interestingly, I think. The collision in the library doesn't end with pantsu or shyness, but with her making use of him. The comments about his being nice and about his eyes were pretty original, in this anime context, it seems to me, considering that she is a senpai, way above him. I got the feeling that she is a queen, and can say anything, since she feels immune to the lower orders. Her whole character seemed fairly interesting, to me.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 19:55   Link #173
DarkWish
Proclaimed Perv

Send a message via MSN to DarkWish
So will the guy end up living 4ever with one girl in these type of anime?
I know evry girl will have her own arc.. but that means the guy wont ..like marry any of the girl?
Old 2010-07-02, 20:15   Link #174
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
You forgot the leap frog scene.
Thats what I refered to in my post as "the next part." Also.
Damn i've never talked so much continuously in any thread before. Eh.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Old 2010-07-02, 20:25   Link #175
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

So number of episodes is not confirmed yet?

Also...

Quote:
Thats what I refered to in my post as "the next part." Also.
Damn i've never talked so much continuously in any thread before. Eh.

Please tell me where your avatar is from
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 20:28   Link #176
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
i haven't heard anything about it but this is going to be a total guess on my part. about 24 to 26 episodes considering they showed 6 girls at the start of the OP. 3 to 4 episodes for each since two episodes seems too short for each heroine. we'll have to see next week how they handle the pacing.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 20:30   Link #177
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Sounds good. Hope it's 4 for each girl.
Old 2010-07-02, 20:39   Link #178
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Can anyone make me an avy of Morishima Haruka?
eps 1: 17:09 - 17:10
when she shakes her shoulder.

Thanks...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 20:41   Link #179
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
13 Volumes X 2 episodes, releasing 2 volumes per month aka a girl each month, 13th volume has no girl attached to it yet, which is why I just asked if any other girl has a route.

Relentless posted this on AOD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
muhootsaver posted this link on Twitter earlier today that shows that this series will be released on 13 BD/DVD volumes starting in October. Price is 7,140 Yen/volume for 2 episodes/disc, which is normal for 1-cour series, but a bit high for a 2-cour series.

On the one hand, I expected this because of the omnibus format, so splitting it up in this way allows fans to just collect the discs for the heroines they prefer without having to "collect them all". But two little surprises...

1. It's be released a two volumes/month, so for those people who do want to collect the entire show, you'll be bleeding more quickly.

2. There's a 13th disc that has no heroine's name attached to it. What will this extra disc contain?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 20:50   Link #180
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Wow, 26 episodes. Awesome.

edit: Thx for the pm, Kizuite!

Last edited by ID555; 2010-07-02 at 21:02.

Tags
romance, seinen, shounen