AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Old 2010-07-09, 20:45   Link #461
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Episode was very enjoyable, I already like Haruka's character very much, she's such a fun girl xD. Also the scene with Haruka asking Tachibana for a swimsuit and expecting him to have one was pretty funny, as asking to wear his sisters . And kiss at the was surprising.

Definitely keeping the series for now, though after episode 8~9 I should get feel for the show, and other arcs to come to decide if I'll watch rest or not, since two resets should be enough to decide.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 21:48   Link #462
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Just watched the first ep., and it was very nice. Just why did they put the setting as winter now in mid-summer? That only makes you sweat more by comparison

For the girls only going fromt he info on the official homepage:
Don't like messy hair, so Kaoru is right out. Black, straight hair is the best.
Akasuji Tsukasa would be the obvious choice, seems very nice. Nanasaki Ai also seems nice, didn't see her in ep.1 though. Perhaps also Morishima Haruka.
Old 2010-07-09, 22:02   Link #463
ssme80386
Banned

I am getting bad vibes after first 2 episodes .... hope it won't turn out to be School Days 2 ...
ssme80386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 22:04   Link #464
Nijuu
Please don't hate me

OMG OMG just watched 2nd episode.
I’m loving this show!
Morishima-senpai is so cute! I usually don’t like idol characters. But she seems real! She’s cute, and seems perfect, but she also has feelings. Even if she’s a bit naive, she seems just to pretend not to know about things around her. She’s actually mature. That’s what I like about her.

Librarian girl’s voice was annoying. I think I heard it before.

This time I thought Miya wasn’t thaaat annoying. Can you imagine how’s hard to take care of your brother, to admire and respect him and then you’re treated like you’re nothing more than a college? I can understand her feelings and it’s also good to have someone who doesn’t like Haruka, just to make her human (seriously, never knew someone who’s worshiped by every single person, especially at school).

Ohhh Nanasaki. I like her. I read some chapters about her, and I think she’d be the girl that acts more like me. She’s my second favorite so far.

Kaoru is really nice too. But I must watch her arc to tell the right order. I loved the paper fight scene!

I usually immediately pick a girl and go for other routes just to complete CG gallery. But wow, what I really like about Amagami until now is that it’s REALLY hard for me to choose a favorite character. I chose Haruka because she’s the only one that I know. But others seem interesting too.
I feel really enthusiastic with this season!
Nijuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 23:21   Link #465
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Best part of ep 2 was the wad fight between Junichi and Kaoru. Dude sure didn't hold back
I was very much waiting for the book to be thrown, oh how I wanted to see that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm also a bit surprised by the lack of fanservice, 2 episodes and not a single pair of panties spotted. There was a golden opportunity during the infirmary scene, but instead they did something different: just a simple close up on Haruka's thighs, and then a small scene with her putting her socks on. I found it tastefully sexy. Too bad the feet service was minimal.
Sure was a yummy scene. I chuckled when they first showed her sleeping on the bed, I just knew we weren't going to see much of a panty, and then the socks scene, heh...... now if those were knee-socks it would've crossed the line

I was also amused how quickly the dude's eyebags just disappeared from time to time. And am I the only one to notice the neatly folded blazer on the table at the end? I refuse to believe she picked it up, folded it and walked away, with all that happening while this guy is just standing there dumbstruck /jk
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 23:21   Link #466
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nijuu View Post
...Morishima-senpai is so cute! I usually don’t like idol characters. But she seems real! She’s cute, and seems perfect, but she also has feelings. Even if she’s a bit naive, she seems just to pretend not to know about things around her. She’s actually mature. That’s what I like about her....
Well put. I think this is how I feel about her, too. She's pretty unique. Love the contradictions. Maybe those are partly what makes her seem real.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 01:41   Link #467
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

I'm really enjoying this series so far and we're only on episode 2 Morishima is extremely cute and she's appealing in so many ways. I'm usually not interested in energetic characters like her but she seems to just drag me into her pace, just like Junichi.

It's pretty funny considering she goes at her own pace and just pulls everyone in except for Hibiki who seems to be her kryptonite

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 03:28   Link #468
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Guess I'm the only one who's bored with Junichi as the main lead. Just one of those things where I can't relate at all.

I have no opinion at this point over which girl I like best, but so far they all seem interesting enough, and I look forward to learning more about them.

Oh and to an earlier comment... Bikinis ftw...
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 03:37   Link #469
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Guess I'm the only one who's bored with Junichi as the main lead. Just one of those things where I can't relate at all.
That's a shame. I actually think he's quite well written, especially when it comes to episodes like this one, and we can see how much he has grown thanks to his feelings for Haruka. It's glad we have such a male lead for such a story.
Old 2010-07-10, 03:45   Link #470
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Oh and to an earlier comment... Bikinis ftw...
I'll utilize the laws of swimsuit fitting here and just go with "What-ever-is-smexy-on-a-girl ftw"

Oh lordy, he brought a trash bin to the swimming pool area. Their holy lily grounds have been defiled!
Old 2010-07-10, 04:15   Link #471
karuroso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
That's a shame. I actually think he's quite well written, especially when it comes to episodes like this one, and we can see how much he has grown thanks to his feelings for Haruka. It's glad we have such a male lead for such a story.
I think he can improve a little more but so far, to me he's likeable and his strategy until now, would even be approved by the Keima =O
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 05:38   Link #472
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I sorta don't get the feeling that Junichi breaks cliche too much though. For some reason, a lot of harem male leads are popular with the girls almost as god ordained them.

If they want to get truly innovative about it, have a guy who is insistently being avoided by the girls. Not even the Ryuji (Toradora) where the girls figure out he's a nice guy underneath. lol
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 05:45   Link #473
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
^ Only because there haven't been many romance animes so far to my knowledge. =(
@ Everyone. What I meant from this comment was directed at:

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberasian View Post

So far, best romance story of the year, hands down.
Referring that there hasn't been many romances this year, thus making it to some people's "best romance of the year." Only as there is nothing so far released that is better. (It wouldn't take much to top this either IMO.)

Favourite characters to me goes to what's her face imouto. Anyone who says "ONII-CHAN" is a winner in my book. I wish I had a little sister about now. ;_;

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 06:46   Link #474
mangatron

phone post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
Referring that there hasn't been many romances this year, thus making it to some people's "best romance of the year." Only as there is nothing so far released that is better. (It wouldn't take much to top this either IMO.)
That's true. Especially one without [much] fanservice, this stands alone so far.

Quote:
Favourite characters to me goes to what's her face imouto. Anyone who says "ONII-CHAN" is a winner in my book. I wish I had a little sister about now. ;_;
Miya!!!! Never forget

By the way, those who have had little sister's would tell you it's no paradise. Heck, I spent a vacation at my uncle's house a few clicks back and his daughter was a bit of a handful. There's that thing where not every kid sister out there worships her big bro, and god bless the ones that do
Old 2010-07-10, 09:56   Link #475
ichobi

I think it's cheap to sell anime with a lot of fanservice. They are doing a great job keeping it limited imo. Tokimeki and True Tears don't have many fanservice and turns out to be great romance series too. I like how they keep it tasteful, at least I prefer that way.

Oh if you want strong lead character this season check out Highschool of the Dead. Dude doesn't think twice to slap his girlfriend.
ichobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 11:09   Link #476
Francismeunier
Banned

Thumbs up Episode 2

Amazing episode about Morishima! Here is what I know more about her:
-Likes to try out many things (love that in girls for variety)
-Is very kind and popular more than it appeared at first.
-Has amazing form with a great shape of hips, breasts and legs.
-Her English expressions are growing on my likes about her.
-Enthusiastic!
-Energetic and makes you feel happy!
-Loves cute things like puppies!
-Is Snow White while sleeping.
-Has main character's sister jealousy.
-Her eyes are like magnets more than before for some reason

Is that enough if that was enough you can get all these GIFs I made here: http://francismeunier.blogspot.com/2...pisode-02.html with the best moment being this for sure! I was so This moment so reminded me of the feelings I had in Clannad when Nagisawa gave the first kiss to Tomoya.....that was a nice kiss here=>

I also know you want this with a direct link to it: http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/71688f12.gif I now you want it because many of us are a little I also find Ai intro was too soon but nice. We loved also the Go! Go! Go! part here: http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/0b5dd229.gif I know I did at least. Well I will be going back to farming but I still find the fan service to be forceful a little yet I find not hardcore like in Seikon no Qwaser so it's all good in this series so far! For you all my friends GIFs want you! Easy 10/10!
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 11:37   Link #477
Megrim27

Wow, so much Morishima love. Am I the only one that thinks she's a totally self-centered flake? I was hoping Tachibana would give up on her because even if he did win her over, I can't see it as being a particularly healthy relationship, for him anyway. I didn't take her trying all those clubs as showing she loves variety, more like nothing holds her interest for more than 5 mins, shown by when she kept changing her description of what she liked in a man. That's my take on it anyway.
Megrim27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 12:16   Link #478
CWW
Lurker

I'm confused that people view her as real. She's as fake as they come. First time the guy professes his love, she rejects him without a moment of thought. Second time she's flustered all of a sudden and doesn't know what to say. What has changed her mind? Yeah, I'm not believing it.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 12:27   Link #479
woodearth
Ramen Hunter

Interesting... Morishima Haruka is listed as a Virgo even though she is acting more like an Aquarian in the show so far.
Old 2010-07-10, 12:44   Link #480
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megrim27 View Post
Wow, so much Morishima love. Am I the only one that thinks she's a totally self-centered flake?....
Being a self-centered flake is what makes her attractive, in part because she is also smart and strong beneath that. It's as if the normal world bores her, so she keeps flitting from thing to thing, feeling to feeling, idea to idea. And she seems always to be coming out with her honest, if momentary, feelings.

Her contradictions are part of what makes her seem real. Her uncertainty makes her seem real. Her switching between certainty to uncertainty makes her seem real. In screenwriting, people say that you should always have contradictions in your characters, since that makes them feel more real. Truth is always stranger than fiction. To make fiction feel more true, you have to make it less reasonable.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, seinen, shounen