AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-07-05, 16:17   Link #1
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Littering

Does it piss you off? Do you simply ignore it? Or are you a GOD DA-... Relax..

I don't litter, and it pisses me off when i see people litter, Today I saw 6 glass beer bottles at the park. I almost took one and threw it at the person's house who left it there.

I don't get all mad about it if it was just a kid, But if I see a adult, throwing a beer can out the window of their car or what ever. It's enough to make me want to slash their tires.

What do you all think about it?

Honestly I think anyone over the age of 13 that litters should be forced to pick up trash for a year of community service. I'm incharge of cleaning the park around my work and I just loose my cool when i see beer cans/bottles in areas where kids play, or streets.
Old 2012-07-05, 16:19   Link #2
Ruby Princess

I don't like littering either, but one year for a single instance of littering seems quite excessive to me.

If you see someone littering at a park or somesuch, I would recommend that you follow them around doing the same dance as the Persona 4 protagonist in your avatar, and tell them that you won't stop following them and dancing until they go back and pick up their trash.
Ruby Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 16:23   Link #3
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Princess View Post
I don't like littering either, but one year for a single instance of littering seems quite excessive to me.

If you see someone littering at a park or somesuch, I would recommend that you follow them around doing the same dance as the Persona 4 protagonist in your avatar, and tell them that you won't stop following them and dancing until they go back and pick up their trash.
I could easily do that dance, But I think taking that beer can with my trash pickers and tossing in their yard would be better.

Fine, I guess 1 year is too much. How about it goes up every time you litter something dangerous like beer bottles.
Old 2012-07-05, 16:26   Link #4
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

I HATE IT. I hate it so much. I really want to go up to people who litter and smash their face in. I'm not joking. I sometimes pick up litter when I stroll around in the park near my house. I really hate it. Pollution is bad. It really gets to me when people act as if it was no big deal. I always think of the people that pick up rubbish and litter for living. It really makes me sad.
Old 2012-07-05, 16:29   Link #5
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

I am currently working as a cleaner for my summer job in my university. The rubbish they leave in public is enough to make me want to strangle them. Two days ago, I came across something utterly disgusting. It's quite unspeakable. I am used to cans, tissues, bottles, but to come across that came as a shock. There's a freaking rubbish bin in each room and then a big one outside each house. But no, they just refuse to use the bin. Is it that difficult to lift the dainty finger of theirs to throw the rubbish at an appropriate place?

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 16:37   Link #6
Akka

Same as most people above. Littering is just something that drives me mad, especially as it usually requires only to move 50 metres to find a bin can. The lazyness and selfishness of some people is truly infuriating.
Akka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 16:43   Link #7
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
It drives me up the wall when I see smashed glass bottles on the floor of the park where I walk my dog. Why must drunkards throw the glass bottles at the floor? Does it make them feel good?
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 16:50   Link #8
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
My littering is a contradicting and inconsistent pattern. There are unjustified scenarios where I find litter okay. But generally, I don't litter. I get self conscious about it. And I also pick up obvious litter to dispose whenever I see them.

Most commonly, bus litter. I pick up litter if they're near me, and i take it with me when I get off so I can throw them in a bin.

The trash I don't care about is domestic litter and those at a large social event. Like a concert or a festival. The litter is part of the attraction XD
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 16:54   Link #9
Alchemist007
*Author

I dislike littering, but it doesn't bother me as much as it used to long ago. It's a world, shit ends up places regardless.

This is not to say that I litter.

Last edited by Alchemist007; 2012-07-05 at 17:12.
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 17:11   Link #10
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I always put wrappers and stuff in my pocket and other junk until I find a trash can. I hate littering and I'm pretty iffy when it comes to recycling.
Old 2012-07-05, 17:24   Link #11
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

Wait until you own a house or some property, then littering will really piss you off. I live in a rural area, but the amount of trash that ends up on the side of the road in front of my house is astounding. Every week I have to pick up cans, bottles, fast food bags, etc. The worst is when someone dumps an entire bag of trash on the side of the road and the bag gets torn before I can get it to it (or else dogs tear into it). Combine that with people that like to shoot up or knock down mailboxes (a favorite of rural hillbillies), and there are times when I want to just sit on my porch with a shotgun and wait for these clowns.

The littering that really gets to me though is tire dumping. I own a piece of land that doesn't border on any road, and last year I found that someone had dumped eight tires on it. Cleaning up the trash in front of my house is bad enough, but disposing of tires is a bitch (and costly). One of my neighbors had it even worse: someone had dumped over 50 tires on his property! The entire county was having a problem with illegal dumping of tires and even drums of toxic waste. The culprits were never caught, but it seems they've gone away since I have not heard any stories about it this year.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 20:09   Link #12
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I wanted to just throw my drink away. When I walking home from work. But I couldn't find the will to do it, so I brought it all the way back home. What does that say~
Old 2012-07-05, 21:03   Link #13
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

i do not like littering at all, i always try to avoid it as much as possible, i can't do a very big thing or job to help the earth and all, but at the very least i can do this much to keep the place pollution free, i always stuff trash and wrappers in my pocket till i find a trash can,

Even now there are candy wrappers in my backpack better go and throw them in the trash can
Old 2012-07-05, 22:56   Link #14
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I wanted to just throw my drink away. When I walking home from work. But I couldn't find the will to do it, so I brought it all the way back home. What does that say~
Mean's you're a decent human being, if its unavoidable i understand, but its never unavoidable to throw a beer bottle into the streets or any where.
Old 2012-07-06, 00:27   Link #15
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 04:43   Link #16
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I hate it with aaaaall my heart. Street litter is actually not a big deal here, because people usually know what happens if they litter around with the strong winds we get, and the 40+°C have caused enough fires by negligence to have the community and the police directly involved in dealing with this matter.

What really ticks me off is indoors littering, caused exclusively by my father. Plastic covers from cig packs, all kinds of papers just tossed on the floor, ashes from the ashtray he never empties by himself scattered on the table where I'm supposed to EAT! Well, time to clean up...again.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 05:05   Link #17
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

what if you live in a country where there are almost no trash can on the street everywhere? in my country, i heard someone who lived in a foreign country for a long time was called stupid for asking where is the trashcan when he was trying to find one to throw his trash.
Old 2012-07-06, 06:38   Link #18
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
what if you live in a country where there are almost no trash can on the street everywhere? in my country, i heard someone who lived in a foreign country for a long time was called stupid for asking where is the trashcan when he was trying to find one to throw his trash.
Or you live in a city where there's overflowing trash cans everywhere and the garbage management goes on strike at any moment for any amount of time.

Spoiler for Welcome to Toronto (2009):

It's still overflowing when they're not on strike.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 07:23   Link #19
Lenaisian
The Undead Summoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krytonis View Post
I HATE IT. I hate it so much. I really want to go up to people who litter and smash their face in. I'm not joking. I sometimes pick up litter when I stroll around in the park near my house. I really hate it. Pollution is bad. It really gets to me when people act as if it was no big deal. I always think of the people that pick up rubbish and litter for living. It really makes me sad.
D'ya know that was my former way of living? Good thing that you have sympathy for the likes of me (well, the past me) and others as well? I will thank you for that.
Old 2012-07-06, 07:49   Link #20
sneaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
In my country thrash cans are all around the cities, but people throw their trash everywhere anyways. Not just the poor, even people in suits and university students.
Interestingly the rural areas tend to be very clean. In some areas the neighbors will start talking about you behind their backs if they didn't see you on the weekly "clean the street day" or if they think you did an improper job.
Even worse than the littering itself is that many people don't regard it as a big deal. There were articles about the high fines in Singapore (as posted by SaintessHeart. Urinating in lifts seems to be surprisingly cheap...) in the press here and the comments showed many people find the fines way too high for "just littering". Many even said something along the lines of Singapore being "too sterile". Being "orderly" seems to have become a stigma for some people and they feel the need to publicly distance themselves from it as to not look "lame" or old-fashioned.
sneaker is offline   Reply With Quote