Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-02, 09:16   Link #61
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylf
Does anyone watch this show on TV? I've heard 1 comment that the font FB chose to use was hard to read when watching on TV.
I've no issue with it, had no trouble at all watching it on TV. But face it, there's always going to be a loss of quality on the TV since the TV isnt as good as a monitor, so your going to get a little fuzzyness.
Old 2004-11-02, 09:53   Link #62
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin
Spoiler:
Agreed, it is odd.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-02, 10:36   Link #63
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy
Agreed, it is odd.

Spoiler:

Some more food for thought:

Spoiler:

All in all, i think this show has some amazing potential, possibly for a second season aswell, since i dont think 12 episodes will be enough to do it justice.

On the quality issue again, i love the way FB have subbed the intor, the karaoke is just great, it isnt sprawled all over the screen.

My only pet peeve, and this is with all groups lately, is the new trend of translating titles liske onii-chan, onee-chan and sensei. I've always thought it kind of ruins the moode of the words a bit, having big brother poping up every few seconds. While onii-chan does mean big brother, i've just always thought onii chan reads and sounds better. A little thing at the top of the screen first time it comes along explaining onii chan means big bro is fine. Originally alot of groups used to do that, but the past 2 seasons or so more and more have been translating them, and i dont really like it.

Not a complaint as such, just a pet peeve of mine

Great work as usual FB, looking forward to the next release1!!!!

Last edited by Tiamat's Disciple; 2004-11-02 at 10:47.
Old 2004-11-02, 16:54   Link #64
Guppy

Quote:
Some more food for thought:

Spoiler:
All in all, i think this show has some amazing potential, possibly for a second season aswell, since i dont think 12 episodes will be enough to do it justice.
It would be nice to have a second season, but honestly I think they'd just have scheduled a 26-episode run in that case, like Da Capo did.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-03, 15:03   Link #65
crumja
AnimeONE Do-It-All

The decision of leaving certain words in Japanese and giving their meaning in an editor's note vs. translating it outright has been the subject of much debate. The choice here, imo, is the prerogative of the editors and the translators. While I would have preferred onii-chan, due to the setting, I have no problem with either.
Old 2004-11-04, 16:40   Link #66
Greenish Growth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiorichan
I finally got caught up today and I am pleasantly satisfied with how things are going.
I watched the fourth episode and I must say I'm beginning to like this series now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiorichan
However, I don't like Haruhi's bow. That thing is huge and is trying to eat her head!
If there's anything I like about this show, it's the character designs. They are very cute. I'm not bothered by Haruhi's bow. I think it suits her. It's certainly not half as large as Kiyoka's bow was in Mizuiro:

http://www.ayashii.com/mizuiro/chara.html

that was one huge bow man.
Old 2004-11-05, 20:30   Link #67
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

5 was funny as hell, and raised some new thoughts

Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-05, 21:37   Link #68
KoroshiyaX
X

I've only started watching this week, this is what I think...

Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-05, 22:22   Link #69
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Is not hentaish hehe those sisters seem to want to have an affair with his brother

another koi_kaze in the making but with better animation
what about those big boobs on Wish main characters ...nakedness ?! hehe
if they publish this in america they might have to censore the script hehe

DANGER DANGER ...INCEST HEHE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoroshiyaX
I've only started watching this week, this is what I think...

I think supernatural stuff is not out of the question for this series. Especially looking at other hentai-based anime.

Perhaps a few of the girls are kinda like guardian angels that look after him, because of what happened to him in the past.[/spoiler]

Last edited by Yamano667; 2004-11-07 at 11:45.
Old 2004-11-06, 12:53   Link #70
Ending

Quote:
So now that the first ep is out, what do you guys think?
Watched 4 episodes and thus far haven't been too impressed. For one, they use the regular, old theme: jumpy high-school guy and overly-sugarly voiced females. Seen that in several, other series already and nothing new or different in this one either. As a theme, two sisters or childhoods friends having an affair with the protagonist is interesting, but it's lacking in other areas and I got a feeling that they won't dare to take creative steps like the authors of Green Green...

Doubt I watch it again.
Old 2004-11-06, 23:15   Link #71
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Well besides the interesting underlying story, I'm simply tired of these anime where in essence, a sister is too attached and possessive of her bigger brother to let anyone else touch him. I disliked it in Onegai Twins, and I'm dlisking it now.

I'm going to keep watching, however, because at least the backstory is interesting, but Junna, Senna and Haruhi remind me almost exactly of Maiku, Karen and Miina.
Old 2004-11-07, 12:21   Link #72
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
but Junna, Senna and Haruhi remind me almost exactly of Maiku, Karen and Miina.
They sure do.
Old 2004-11-15, 08:11   Link #73
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

WOW now its getting interesting. Episode 6 was amazing

Spoiler:

arrrrgggghhhh speculation overload

This is why i hate new series heheh i have to wait for the releases, much prefer completed one so i can just go straight to the next episode hehehe

As usual froth bite did an awsome job on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crumja
The decision of leaving certain words in Japanese and giving their meaning in an editor's note vs. translating it outright has been the subject of much debate. The choice here, imo, is the prerogative of the editors and the translators. While I would have preferred onii-chan, due to the setting, I have no problem with either.
Dont get me wrong, i wasnt really complaining, its just a pet peeve of mine. I edit manga now and i always leave them in, since i feel it detracts from the setting a bit. #But like i said, its just a pet peeve of mine
Old 2004-11-15, 11:26   Link #74
LytHka
Banned

offtopic:
Err, I don't want to sound like a nag, but...

Taliesin: There's nothing graceful in giving out information, even if it's covered under the spoiler tag. Why do I say this? Obviously you haven't seen episode 07 or episode 08. I've seen episode 07, but not 08 (it's not out yet). If I were to post spoiler tags here, I KNOW some of you guys might take a peek. I know people are stupid in these things and the temptation overflows, but let's just be fellow human beings, trying not to encourage temptation.

And the spoiler tag which you posted isn't really correct (and this was not a spoiler).

BTW, episode 06 was neat. Though the show is dragging way too much. If they're going to sum up the whole thing in 3 episodes or something, might as well watch Kanon again (Kanon is a great show, too ;o).
Old 2004-11-15, 13:03   Link #75
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by LytHka
offtopic:
Err, I don't want to sound like a nag, but...

Taliesin: There's nothing graceful in giving out information, even if it's covered under the spoiler tag. Why do I say this? Obviously you haven't seen episode 07 or episode 08. I've seen episode 07, but not 08 (it's not out yet). If I were to post spoiler tags here, I KNOW some of you guys might take a peek. I know people are stupid in these things and the temptation overflows, but let's just be fellow human beings, trying not to encourage temptation.

And the spoiler tag which you posted isn't really correct (and this was not a spoiler).

BTW, episode 06 was neat. Though the show is dragging way too much. If they're going to sum up the whole thing in 3 episodes or something, might as well watch Kanon again (Kanon is a great show, too ;o).
If you dont want to read spoilers then dont reap them, simple as that. Thats what the spoilers are for, discussing things that have happened in recent episodes, speculating on whats happening that sort of thing. Thats what this thread is for, to TALK about the show.

I've said several times before, including in the above post, that it was speculation. My thoughts on where the show could be going. Am i right? Who knows, i wont know till i've seen the show, thats why its called speculation.

Posting spoilers for episodes that havent been released as a fansub yet i feel is wrong, especially if your posting 2 or 3 episodes ahead.

But ultimatly, if you dont want to know, then dont click show, simple as that. As for the pace of the show, its only just reached the halff way mark, so its got plenty of time for wrapping things up.
Old 2004-11-15, 13:32   Link #76
LytHka
Banned

Quote:
Posting spoilers for episodes that havent been released as a fansub yet i feel is wrong, especially if your posting 2 or 3 episodes ahead.
It's only your opinion then. AS is all about opinions. Some people have the gift of watching raw episodes so I'm willing to use that now. It's the show that matters, not the subs, right? (yes, I hate people who post spoilers)

Ep 07 spoiler:

Spoiler:

(childish I know, as much as posting spoilers of fansubbed episodes)
Old 2004-11-21, 03:37   Link #77
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

When I was watching the end of episode 7 I kind of jumped out of my chair as I made a wild speculation.

Spoiler:

Old 2004-11-21, 11:10   Link #78
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
When I was watching the end of episode 7 I kind of jumped out of my chair as I made a wild speculation.

Spoiler:

Thats pretty similar to what i was thinking after episode 7.
Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-25, 14:27   Link #79
Lost Souls

hmmmm the plot thickens

episode 8:
Spoiler:

I like this show, i hate 12 minute episodes though, they waste to much of the time on the opening and closing credits, even if they have damn good music
Old 2004-11-28, 21:06   Link #80
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Well, I watched episode 8, and the more I watch the more I can't stand Senna. It's pretty much established that she knows what's going down but will stop at nothing to prevent her "brother" from finding out. But why? Is it because it's too traumatic? Who knows.

Spoiler:

I'm getting more interested in the story, but I'm hoping Senna dies or something... that's if she's not already dead.