AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2007-08-24, 07:26   Link #241
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
whenever it does come out it's going to be great. And October is going to to (I believe) one of the greatest months this year for new series coming out.
My thoughts exactly. This fall season will be EPIC. I just found out that Genshiken 2 is coming out, and we still have Haruhi, Gundam, SnS and a handful of other very awaited-for series. Downside is that Lucky Star, Nanoha and other good shows will eventually end, but that's a reality we can't escape.

Quote:
I just finished a run of Season I, and now I can't wait for Season II... It's is living up to the hype. Now I'm probably going to read the novels as well.

I've always thought the name Shana has a Western source, but I was pleasantly surprised that it came from the name of the main Buddha of Shingon Buddhism, Vairocana. Shana was named after the Primordial Buddha of the Glorious Sun. That's just super cool. Guess I should not be surprised to see Sanskrit used as the rune in those Jizaihou.
Welcome to the sensation

As far as her name goes, yeap, you're right on the spot. Unfortunately, though, in my language ( portuguese ) "Shana" has the same pronunciation as a pretty foul and nasty word - the reason why I'm probably not naming my dog that anytime soon( All my dogs have names that start with "S", and I wanted to keep this tradition ) - my mom and grandmother would probably snap if I said that out loud.

On a second note... Is anyone a bit bothered with the character design in that preview? I've probably brought this up before, but all we had at the time were scans, so having a set opinion would be difficult. All in all, I think the new lineart they chose is too "Laid-back" in my opinion. How I would define that, I don't know, it's just the feeling I get. However, I do feel like the first season's art was much more appealing.

[ You do need to realize that I have to complain about something when all I'm doing in life is wait for this series to come out, right? ]

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 07:44   Link #242
AnimeL0ver
Just call me ojisan

Send a message via MSN to AnimeL0ver
Then zero you mind list up some new anime appearing this fall? well i know haruhi, shana and lucky star is gonna be new (lucky star is released) and by the way what channel they usually air animes in Japan? TV Tokyo or Dentsu?
AnimeL0ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 12:38   Link #243
Suzumiya Haruhi
Destroying the balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeL0ver View Post
well he is for his cold and heartless attitude >< but hey don't u guys realize that 1 special character only apears for 1~4 episodes in a row then they disapear? this is what i hate in the anime and i hope they fix that problem in the 2nd season!!!
That's because the anime wasn't close to being finished in the original series.

They'll probably appear again in the second series.

The Otaku Spot - My anime & manga reviews, musings, and pointless rants...

Last edited by Suzumiya Haruhi; 2007-08-24 at 19:11.
Suzumiya Haruhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 12:40   Link #244
suguru
京都 ikitai~

There's a pretty comprehensive list of fall anime here, along with the channels they air on and links to their websites:
http://www.andrewlb.com/fansub/pukiwiki.php?Fall%202007

No Haruhi this fall since Kyoani's going to be airing Clannad instead...still, overall I'm optimistic this fall is going to be really good. No air date for Shana II yet, but I'm hoping it'll be early in October rather than later in the month, just to minimize the wait
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 16:29   Link #245
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
We see some new characters, I'm hoping they throw in Khamsin, he deserved more screen time as he is my fav character
Yes. he deserved to be respected since he is one of the most experienced flame haze. But, I am a bit disappointed that in final few episode in the anime, when Shana, Wilhelmina and Marjorie were in the fight in Seirei-den, he sat out of the fight. We know he is a tuner, but can't at least he lend a helping hand?
alvinkhorfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 17:07   Link #246
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Probably he could have. But he's got bad aim, so maybe it's just as well he didn't.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 04:53   Link #247
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post
There's a pretty comprehensive list of fall anime here, along with the channels they air on and links to their websites:
http://www.andrewlb.com/fansub/pukiwiki.php?Fall%202007

No Haruhi this fall since Kyoani's going to be airing Clannad instead...still, overall I'm optimistic this fall is going to be really good. No air date for Shana II yet, but I'm hoping it'll be early in October rather than later in the month, just to minimize the wait
O.o;; I think I see Maple Story in it... Anyway, this fall is gonna be a good one, SnS 2 and Clannad (dunno if Clannad is good or not but it looks promising and I like both other Key's works)

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 09:48   Link #248
LastPerson

I'm seriously looking forward to this one.

I loved the first series.
LastPerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 11:07   Link #249
EXEs
Hallelujah...

Yeah same, I hope the show more YujixShana moments eh?
EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 14:01   Link #250
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXEs View Post
Yeah same, I hope the show more YujixShana moments eh?
and by the end they can be together.
Old 2007-08-25, 14:22   Link #251
LastPerson

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
^___________^
LastPerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 14:48   Link #252
Phoenix14
Clannad

Quote:
That would be great.
Phoenix14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 15:34   Link #253
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Quote:
That would be awesome, but i guess I feel sorry for Yoshida, meh, I always liked shana more
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 16:34   Link #254
Suzumiya Haruhi
Destroying the balance

Yoshida will be with Ike?

Of course, then I'd feel sorry for Hirai (the original one)...

The Otaku Spot - My anime & manga reviews, musings, and pointless rants...
Suzumiya Haruhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 16:51   Link #255
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
They better end it like that, I don't want love triangle ending.
Old 2007-08-25, 17:12   Link #256
alvinkhorfire

We all know that Yuji is obligated to fight alongside with Shana because when they are together, they are much stronger up against the Tomogara. But to choose which girl that he loves most (Shana or Yoshida), that is a totally different thing. It is up to him to choose Shana or Yoshida, but most of us (including me!)here would like him to choose Shana instead.

When in the final episode in the anime, when Yuji offered to die with Shana when she performed Tenpa Jyousai, I think that at that point, Yuji loves Shana a bit more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzumiya Haruhi View Post
Yoshida will be with Ike?

Of course, then I'd feel sorry for Hirai (the original one)...
It is a pity that Ike does not know that the original Hirai Yukari likes him. What to do?

Yoshida will be with Ike? Let's see if Ike is brave enough to express his feeling to Yoshida first.
alvinkhorfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 08:15   Link #257
Prim8
Kaichou
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Yoshida will be with Ike? Let's see if Ike is brave enough to express his feeling to Yoshida first.
I hope she'll be with Ike so Yuji and Shana can be together. I'm not too fond of Yoshida. She annoys me to no end.

I hope to see more Wilhelmina de arimasu
Prim8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 08:48   Link #258
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
More Shana...this is truly great.

Yoshida annoys me as well. As for Yuji and the little Flamehaze, I want to see a KISS this time.
Old 2007-08-26, 09:08   Link #259
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
Ah yes, a kiss would be wonderful.

I also think Yoshida is a bit annoying.
Oh and i hope the fights in SnS2 will be.. more exciting. Not just run-and-swing all the time.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 09:37   Link #260
UPR

yes a kiss is what we all deserve God I hope we get one. This is already one of the great series made that would put the icing on the cake.

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, sequel, shounen, supernatural