AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 54 41.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 27.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 15.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 8.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.88%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.78%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.55%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.78%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-29, 03:57   Link #41
potchip

Funnily, the producer character from ep8 just about trolled the anti-Kirino camp everywhere. I mean...he parodied the haters perfectly:

Him: nah the character are totally unrealistic, the setting doesn't make sense, I mean how can viewers like a 100% tsun and 0% dere main character?

REALITY: I hate Kirino why does Kyousuke put up with all this BS I mean I hate her guts that's the only reason I watch this series so that I can fuel the Kirino hate!

Oh..wait....if Oreimo was about the typical brotherly-sister sibling family drama....you get..... 俺の妹がこんなに中二病わけがない
Old 2010-11-29, 04:08   Link #42
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
lol. Sorry, this episode earns a 1. Sure anytime Kuroneko is on screen it's good, but Kirino was like a -9 to this episode's rating.

Yeah. Admitting the faults of your anime does nothing for me.
Uh, what?

The fact that the author dared use make the little sister character a tremendous jerkass is actually one of the things I like about this show. I also found it the lampshading hilarious because an eroge gave her a taste of her own medicine.

Yeah, it would be great to see her character develop a bit... but let's face it, this adaptation is covering up to the end of volume five at most of an ongoing series. Toradora ended at ten volumes and it's not exactly a super long runner by light novel standards, so we're probably not even halfway into the planned plot.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Old 2010-11-29, 04:17   Link #43
laksmkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Yeah... the meta-humour in this episode had me completely giddy. I normally prefer the dramatic episodes of this show, but this may be my single favourite episode thus far.

As for the "eroge system requirements" bit... just about everything is higher than a normal eroge, but the 1080P display requirement really takes the cake.

The way the transition to Kureneko's house occured had me thinking that it was a scene from Kirino's eroge initially... that's how different Kureneko is without her gothloli outfit. That said, I was wondering why they would have used Kana Hanazawa even thought she already played Kureneko... so when I figured out it was Kuroneko, it made a lot of sense. She talks differently when she adopts her persona too, I guess.

I was thinking the same thing as you. I didn't realized she was kuroneko. As the episode itself I give it 10 out of 10. I was laughing so hard to see VN chara was acting the same as Kirino.
Old 2010-11-29, 04:26   Link #44
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

I found this episode to be highly entertaining out of all the other previous ones so far. We get to see everyone's true personalty and it was...shocking.
Spoiler for True Personalities....:
Old 2010-11-29, 04:55   Link #45
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
I knew Kuroneko had a sister, but I didn't know she had two of them.
It was forseen since there is "NekoSis" written by the same author that has.... interesting characters. Still, I never thought it would come out in this way.
Old 2010-11-29, 05:14   Link #46
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
I saw the required specs of the game she bought... and i checked my pc specs... kinda worries me if all the new games in JP are gonna be as hardcore as that..
What do you mean hardcore, what ancient computer do you have ? For the game Kirino bought you would need '' Pendulum 4 '' processor ( Pentium 4 ), and 1,5GB ram? and 8GB HDD space .. It didn't even talk about the processor speed or graphic cards.

This episode was .. okay. Nothing too special, Kirino annoying as always .. Seeing Kuroneko on normal clothes at her home felt really weird indeed.
Old 2010-11-29, 05:17   Link #47
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Parallels cleary drawn between Kirino and the VN sister...

Though I have to admit, was hoping for her to realise that. :/
Old 2010-11-29, 05:46   Link #48
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
Parallels cleary drawn between Kirino and the VN sister...

Though I have to admit, was hoping for her to realise that. :/
Didn't you notice? She did
Old 2010-11-29, 06:20   Link #49
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Drop the series then. I mean, your Kirino hating is getting more mindless every single week.
Personally, I'd like for Reckoner to stick around, as he at least provides a different perspective on this anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
Funnily, the producer character from ep8 just about trolled the anti-Kirino camp everywhere. I mean...he parodied the haters perfectly:

Him: nah the character are totally unrealistic, the setting doesn't make sense, I mean how can viewers like a 100% tsun and 0% dere main character?

REALITY: I hate Kirino why does Kyousuke put up with all this BS I mean I hate her guts that's the only reason I watch this series so that I can fuel the Kirino hate!
The people who dislike or hate Kirino's character are watching this series for the other characters (and perhaps the sadly fading hope that Kirino might actually develop into a more likable character). It has nothing to do with "fueling the Kirino hate".

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Uh, what?

The fact that the author dared use make the little sister character a tremendous jerkass is actually one of the things I like about this show.
Just because something is daring does not make it good. It would have been daring for Clannad to end off by having its entire cast die in a nuclear explosion, the end. Perhaps as a way of trolling people who expect a show of its nature to have a happy (or, at worst, bittersweet) ending.

That would not have made Clannad's ending a good one, though. And fully removing a huge, key part to what makes a tsundere appealing to many people is similarly daring, but also not necessarily good.

Quote:
I also found it the lampshading hilarious because an eroge gave her a taste of her own medicine.
True, but like a couple other people, I wish that had impacted her a bit more.
Old 2010-11-29, 06:25   Link #50
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Nice nod at Kirino bashers, right down to the 'ridiculous heroine' and tsun/dere ratios....

It was fun to watch them going about their routines - Kirino's imouto-con goes from cute to slightly creepy, Kuroneko's sister was adorable, a glimpse of Saori's real appearance almost gave me a nosebleed.

Kirino wrestles with being more dere with Kyousuke, but fails in the end... oh well. Glad they haven't forgotten Ayase too.
Old 2010-11-29, 06:58   Link #51
paladinenvec

It was a Good episode from kuroneko side ,another self that was interesting to watch she it's a caring Onee sama and even if she hates meruru , she put put the dvd of meruru so her sister can watch it, and well i was surprised too that Kyosuke called Kuroneko he just wanted to have a talk with someone. On the Kyosuke Kirino's side it was funny how she it's getting pissed with an eroge were the character it's like herself xDD, the siblings discussion was fun to watch.
Old 2010-11-29, 07:28   Link #52
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
we were close to see Saori's true indentity, DAMMIT!!!
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2010-11-29, 08:01   Link #53
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinataShou View Post
Ep9

Spoiler for :
A cute little sister finally appears! Now the title of the series makes sense.

I enjoyed this episode a lot. More Kuroneko is always good, it was very interesting to see the way she acts in her household. She's a very kind and caring older sister. I would have liked to see her interact a bit with older little sister as well. Oh and I know you're poor, Kuroneko, but you could still clean that kitchen stove, you know...

Kirino was very entertaining this time. It was delicious to see her get a taste of her own medicine. Her complaints were absolutely hilarious, most of them were exactly the same as ours (sometimes word for word ). Good to see even she finds herself insufferable. And, hmm~ shouldn't one take a shower after the ero scene instead of before?

I didn't expect Saori to be an oujo-sama. Even her speech was completely different. Now that I think about it, out of the three friends, Kirino is the only one that doesn't have an alternate "persona". Interesting.
Old 2010-11-29, 08:09   Link #54
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

For some damn reason all the files I'm getting the whole day are corrupt. Oh well I'll watch it tomorrow.
Old 2010-11-29, 08:23   Link #55
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Kyosuke should have recorded her and black mailed her with it.

Oh and someone made this:
Old 2010-11-29, 08:26   Link #56
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
now for some reason Saori reminds me of Nogizaka Haruka from Nogizaka Haruka no himitsu but more less of a closet otaku
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2010-11-29, 09:21   Link #57
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

lol, Kirino getting pissed on that Rinko girl was hilarious. "she's 100% tsun and 0% dere!"

Kuroneko's sister is unbelievablely adorable. and Kuroneko is freakin' moe too.

Kirino creeps the shit out of me. her reactions were too disturbing, I think she seriously got an orgasm from the "onii-chan" part. also going to the shower before finishing the eroge scene for some... business. o_0
Old 2010-11-29, 09:25   Link #58
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Best part: Kuroneko being a dependant sister, caring for her younger siblings and doing housework!
Shocking part: Saori .. seriously... I didn't expect her to be an ojou and her way of speaking changes too ..
lolol part: Kirino with her eroge ecstasy
Old 2010-11-29, 09:41   Link #59
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
The people who dislike or hate Kirino's character are watching this series for the other characters (and perhaps the sadly fading hope that Kirino might actually develop into a more likable character). It has nothing to do with "fueling the Kirino hate".
Yeah, I can personally vouch for this, at least this is exactly the case for me. Like with Endless Eight, the rage has finally subsided only replaced with a sense of tiredness, and I still cling to that last glimmer of hope so that she'll one day develop...Oh, and for the other characters as well, like in this episode I'm watching primarily for the Kuroneko scenes, when Kirino is being a jerk towards Kyousuke as usual I pretty much fast forward/skip the scene (seriously, kicking him for pointing out that she drops her panties? She dropped it herself, he's only truing to help and doesn't even touch it...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
True, but like a couple other people, I wish that had impacted her a bit more.
Yeah, count me in as well, I suppose the whole lampshading is rather humorous, but it's ultimately pointless. I know that it's just filler, but still, this just makes it seems trollish (woah, that's a real word?) from the anime staff. Perhaps it's too subtle for me too notice, but I really don't see her seeing herself in Rinko even for a bit. I mean, maybe I could take it if Kirino realizes it for a second, yet either derisively dismisses it or refuse to accept that she's the same as that. I'm not expecting a huge turnaround in behavior, but really, just a little change...

And wow, Kirino is acting really creepy there with the game. Really, not just licking her lips when she saw the little sisters, but to the point where she recorded the game saying I love you, rolling in her bed replaying over and over in joyful glee, as well as her reaction when the H-scene comes...At least she doesn't fap to it, or all her argument just go down the drain.

And for all her talk of "2D is 2D, I won't mix it up with 3D!" the whole pausing her screen just to rant at Rinko makes the statement pretty suspect. I mean, I've been emotionally invested in a story before too (won't have such a strong reaction towards Kirino if not) but I never pause the scene just to rant at her (I do it here instead)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Kyosuke should have recorded her and black mailed her with it.
Well, not a bad kind of blackmail, but I suppose it's kinda useful for leverage for whenever she's acting too far (which is 90% of the time). Also, I really hope that at least he recorded her interactions with that tsun little sister, for her to really see that she's the same thing she really hates. Too bad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Oh and someone made this:
Woah, very nice, like a real wife making a dinner for her husband after coming home from work. Really, the last few episodes makes me edge toward Kyousuke and Kuroneko...if this is Pokemon Fandom, they'll be OlderSiblingShipping, I guess, between Brosuke and Kuro-nee-ko (I apologize for the pun).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
And, hmm~ shouldn't one take a shower after the ero scene instead of before?

I didn't expect Saori to be an oujo-sama. Even her speech was completely different. Now that I think about it, out of the three friends, Kirino is the only one that doesn't have an alternate "persona". Interesting.
Well, she did take another shower afterward...Or, if she's Keima Katsuragi, not only did he take baths before and after, he evens do that during...Although I'm not sure whether he's ever played eroge or just regular galge. In any case, I don't see him as one to pursue the ero scenes anyway, just the ending

And although Kirino doesn't have an alternate "persona" as you said (dammit, now I'm thinking of them going and fighting in TV land) for me the difference of her in school/work (like with Ayase) and with anime/imoutoge/Kyousuke is bipolar different enough to constitute as an alternate persona.

Also, my prediction that Saori is actually really rich is proven! I didn't expect her to be that much of an ojou though, that was really a complete change from her usual otaku attire...looking at the next episode title, it seems that the maid outfits will come into play right away? Can't wait to see her full face, especially in a maid outift, along with Kuroneko too (I really has brushed Kirino aside, huh?)
Old 2010-11-29, 09:53   Link #60
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Epic episode

Kirino playing that eroge was just awesome:
http://yfrog.com/ehshot0757jx

This time Kyousuke has no right to complain about the "abuse" he gets from Kirino, because it's 100% self-inflicted. Instead of going over, taking part in Kirino's fun and saying something like "Your new eroge seems lots of fun, can I have a look?", he's banging the wall and bitching loudly. I would be annoyed at that as well

Good to see Kuroneko out of her gothloli outfit for once. Even better to see Vagina-chan without her awful uber-geek outfit and get to know that she's actually a rich ojou-sama. Probably she's just using that uber-geek outfit as a disguise. I'm already curious of the cosplaying next week, maid uniforms and other stuff. There was already a nice preview of what to expect