AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-06-23, 22:04   Link #321
Utsuro no Hako

So 43 is one of those chapters that manages to inflict maximum humiliation on Tomoko in just a few pages. I'm not a big fan of the stuff with her brother -- seems too much like otaku pandering -- but the last page makes up for it.

And if anyone hasn't been paying attention in the anime thread, there's a Tomoko Nendroid that's going to be bundled with the sixth volume of the manga. CD Japan also has a bonus poster available with the ED single.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 07:53   Link #322
SidVicious
Anime addict

Chapter 44 is out.
Old 2013-07-06, 08:16   Link #323
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

That was a nice chapter, mostly because there were no real super embarrassing and awkward moments like in most other chapters.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 08:55   Link #324
Utsuro no Hako

And people complain that there's no progress in this series. Tomoko's first year was all about discovering her shortcomings. Now she's coming to terms with them and learning to cope -- and as a result she's actually having meaningful interactions with people. Sure, apart from Nemo they're all older than herself and mostly outcasts themselves, but first year Mokocchi would've hyperventilated and run to the bathroom the moment that guy sat down near her.
Old 2013-07-06, 09:54   Link #325
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Well, I somehow missed the d*** chapter, but the only Funnie funny part was when Tomoki told Tomoko to step back, then shut the door in her face ! That was great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
And people complain that there's no progress in this series. Tomoko's first year was all about discovering her shortcomings. Now she's coming to terms with them and learning to cope -- and as a result she's actually having meaningful interactions with people. Sure, apart from Nemo they're all older than herself and mostly outcasts themselves, but first year Mokocchi would've hyperventilated and run to the bathroom the moment that guy sat down near her.
that's a good point =03. A good development is so subtle, that you can't even perceive the changes in a character. That's how it is in real life; you slowly integrate what you've learned into your daily life one piece at a time. I really quite liked the characterization between the two, even though it was so short-lived. It was surprising to see her actually continue the conversation by asking 'is work hard?'. Makes me think if she found some anime-loving friends, it might help her get along, but I don't ever see that happening in this manga since the central theme that makes this manga popular would be eliminated.

On a totally awkward tangent, that guy might have been the one to show Tomoko a d***...in some doujin somewhere.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 09:28   Link #326
hamazura
whatever

lol its keep funnier and funnier
1st year kuroki is alienated, 2nd year she is... how do i call this... gossip subject? Indirect bulliying? Either way is lol
even though nemo is very kind, kuroki just blew away all of her oppurtunity to live school live nornally
Dat fail joke, dat second f-cup joke, and dat di*k in the cellphone was a total fail lol
I hope the anime adaptation reach this part (or maybe they will end this before kuroki's second year? )
Old 2013-07-19, 10:17   Link #327
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That "prank" was just sad
Old 2013-07-25, 12:25   Link #328
Utsuro no Hako

Chapter 6 of the spinoff is out ... at least, that's what it claims to be, though it seems like the set-up to some really weird doujinshi. I mean, we have Yuu going commando, getting a facial from Mokocchi and expressing bizarre views on the subject of pee, not to mention Komiyama's oversized nipples.
Old 2013-08-02, 20:37   Link #329
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
... Honestly, I hope Kotomi slaps Tomoko or gets back to her somehow for those middle school days. I like this direction of story alot and it should have a resolution.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 23:28   Link #330
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
... Honestly, I hope Kotomi slaps Tomoko or gets back to her somehow for those middle school days. I like this direction of story alot and it should have a resolution.
I hope Komiyama and Tomoko become friends, now that might make this story more interesting.

Also I think Komiyama might maybe be the one who hugged her in that school festival wearing that... what was it again? I forgot anyways you know what I mean.
Old 2013-08-03, 01:53   Link #331
Utsuro no Hako

The introduction of Komiyama to the main series is awesome, especially her face at the end. It's great to see that deranged freak-out expression on someone else's face for a change. And it's a nice reminder that as pitiful as Mokocchi can be, she's still a total bitch.

Also interesting that there's a fourth girl introduced in this chapter. I presume this will tie in to an upcoming chapter of the spin-off.
Old 2013-08-03, 07:46   Link #332
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
I hope Komiyama and Tomoko become friends, now that might make this story more interesting.

Also I think Komiyama might maybe be the one who hugged her in that school festival wearing that... what was it again? I forgot anyways you know what I mean.
That was that president girl I believe. Komiyama has always disliked Tomoko and this is the first time they've seen eachother since entering highschool.
Old 2013-08-03, 09:23   Link #333
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Is it me, or have the chapters been awfully short recently =02?

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 09:26   Link #334
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Oh hey, it's that girl from the spin-off that Tomoko treated like shit. Didn't expect to see her here. I'm hoping she'll have her revenge against Tomoko.
Old 2013-08-03, 09:40   Link #335
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Is it me, or have the chapters been awfully short recently =02?
Yeah, I think the normal pattern is to alternate long and short chapters, but the last two have been under ten pages. I wonder if the manga-ka are getting overwhelmed. Not only are they doing this series and the spin-off, but they have a third one going as well:

Old 2013-09-07, 04:48   Link #336
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for c47:
Old 2013-09-07, 05:20   Link #337
hamazura
whatever

is there anyone who still feel pity for her? well, im not, i actually want her to take moar suffering and suicide. especially after this chapter
Old 2013-09-07, 06:53   Link #338
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Are you guys serious? Komi-something only started getting all friendly when she saw and got a crush on her brother, she literally only changed and tried to become friends with her to get closer to her brother.

Tomoko's no saint but I rather not have a friend who is only my friends to get closer to my sibling.
Old 2013-09-07, 08:14   Link #339
Riltz
⌂ Vulcan 300 ⌂

it's kind of fun but tomoko was right, she was after her brother D after all
Riltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 10:04   Link #340
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Facepalm!
You idiot! She just wanted to be your friend!
Now you made her your enemy again!
I agree as long as you're talking about Komi-something. Trying to get close to someone not because you like them but because you want to use them is far, far worse than anything Mokocchi's ever done. Tomoko's completely justified in getting upset, though she may've gone a bit overboard at the end.

Tags
comedy, slice of life, yuri