AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 76 44.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 57 33.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 16.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 2.37%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.59%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.59%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.59%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.59%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-14, 18:53   Link #181
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Reading that, i was waiting for you to mention Gundam.

I'm still gonna go with what i said. He shown that he doesn't need training, nothing basic anyway.
Old 2008-04-14, 18:57   Link #182
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Reading that, i was waiting for you to mention Gundam.

I'm still gonna go with what i said. He shown that he doesn't need training, nothing basic anyway.
well we will see.

just remember, not even the hero Hikaru from the original SD Macross series was allowed to take part in a combat mission without going though training.

Yet he had many many hours as a acrobatic jet pilot.

if some dammn rookie cadet was going to be allowed into a combat sortie deliberately without some sort of combat training, then i might as well consider Nome will be allowed to have her own plane and fly about.

Old 2008-04-14, 19:03   Link #183
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post

if some dammn rookie cadet was going to be allowed into a combat sortie deliberately without some sort of combat training, then i might as well consider Nome will be allowed to have her own plane and fly about.

That sort of thing would have happened if this was Gundam Seed.

Anyways I do agree Alto needs proper combat training and good for Ozma in putting Alto in check.
Old 2008-04-14, 19:37   Link #184
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Someone is talking as they know everything about Gundam
Why do people keep using C.E. as standard for every Gundam series....
Old 2008-04-14, 19:42   Link #185
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I wasn't using Gundam C.E. as a standard for all Gundam series just the SEED series.
Old 2008-04-14, 19:53   Link #186
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquigleone View Post
I couldn't get the Gattai subs to work on Mplayer, and I don't particularly like Infinite Zero (mostly cause they keep changing the spelling of Mikhail's name depending on how it's pronounced...) anyone know how well gattai works on CCCP? Also I wonder when shinsen are going to be releasing
Considering his name is purposefully pronounced in different ways, that's an odd thing to complain about.
Old 2008-04-14, 19:56   Link #187
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy78 View Post
I for one am GLAD Ozma brought Alto down to Earth.
It was like Ozma went "I like your Guts kid, But I'm going to have to Brightslap you. It's the only language young heroes like you understand. You need more than being Gar to pilot a Valkyrie."

I was rather pleased with the Alto throwing up scene. It is a normal reaction to that sort of situation and we don't see it that often of our heroes after they get thown into combat for the first time.
Old 2008-04-14, 19:56   Link #188
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
I wasn't using Gundam C.E. as a standard for all Gundam series just the SEED series.
I was not pointing to you .
Old 2008-04-14, 20:39   Link #189
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrana View Post
it was pretty obvious. people were predicting Frontier might have some Macross 7 element in it, where singing effects alien or something like that. check out previous pages for post about this
Totally normal reaction but a bit slow when the alien chop the guy he didn`t do anything
Old 2008-04-14, 20:51   Link #190
cerrian

It's a bit early for us to discern how much legacy elements are carrying over from Macross 7. So far all we've seen are a few choice tribute scenes. Also consider that what we saw in Ranka's flashback leaves open the possibility that Ranka is somehow connected to a First Contact event which could easily allow Frontier to diverge away from 7's plot devices.
Old 2008-04-14, 20:54   Link #191
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
But luck & talent ARE basically what the majority of Gundam main pilots are about... All of the Tomino's Gundam shows (which, arguably, ARE the standards of Gundam) feature a bunch of newbie pilots beating up veterans like they're nothing, for example.

Macross IS generally free of this, with the exception of Macross 7... But that show is an anomaly anyway.
Old 2008-04-14, 20:57   Link #192
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadorna View Post
Totally normal reaction but a bit slow when the alien chop the guy he didn`t do anything
It's called Post Traumatic Stress Disorder for a reason.
Old 2008-04-14, 21:17   Link #193
ZODDGUTS

No one's mention this but anyone else think that the purple/violet hair girl classmate of Alto may have a thing for him? I mean she was staring at him in class then you see her being consern for him when the military guys showed up, yeah you can say that she may be just a friend but usually when you see stuff like that from a character it indicates that person may have romantic feelings.

Could be very wrong here...
Old 2008-04-14, 21:22   Link #194
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

lolwut? You are thinking of tossing a pilot who has zero combat time and zero type-training time into combat and expect him to do well? You must have a lot of airframes to throw away.

You'd be lucky if he even gets off the deck after the catapult shot.

Last edited by dodgethis_sg; 2008-04-14 at 21:34.
Old 2008-04-14, 22:33   Link #195
lubczyk

It feels like Macross is going harem in the 21st century. Macross Frontier seems to have an even more lopsided female to male ratio than usual.

Not that it's a bad thing, sure is pleasing to the eyes.
Old 2008-04-14, 23:53   Link #196
ZODDGUTS

Looks like I was a wrong about the girl staring at Alto she only stared at him after she heard from another classmate "that was Alto wasn't it?" Though I still wonder what's her relationship with Alto if she's concern about him a close friend? BTW... what's her name?
Old 2008-04-15, 00:01   Link #197
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
No one's mention this but anyone else think that the purple/violet hair girl classmate of Alto may have a thing for him? I mean she was staring at him in class then you see her being consern for him when the military guys showed up, yeah you can say that she may be just a friend but usually when you see stuff like that from a character it indicates that person may have romantic feelings.

Could be very wrong here...
Actually you're right. There's a relationship chart somewhere here in this subforum.

What so shocking is that Ranka has a one sided love for Sheryl in the chart.

Ranka is a bi yuri. Oh well Alto looks like girl.

Another is Alto's would be Zentrandi or should I say Meltrandi rival looks to me like a girl.

Wonder how Mikhail will take that girly man princess is scoring more girls than he is.
Old 2008-04-15, 00:18   Link #198
grss1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepiraph View Post
Episode 2 is really good, the pacing of the episode was really excellent and the art didn't suffer from episode 1 at all. Looking at the preview for Episode 3, it probably won't be that action-packed though.

Nice to see Ozma's Valkyries (An armored VF-171?), I prefer it over the VF25 so far. VF-171 looks a bit like a mix of VF-1 and VF-4 whereas VF25 reminds me of the VF21
Ahem....Ozma's VF is an armored version of the VF-25 NOT the VF-171.

The VF-171 is a derivative of the VF-17. More like an update though.

As shown so far in the series, it would seem like the VF-171 is a grunt unit. In other words cannon fodder.
Old 2008-04-15, 00:49   Link #199
DangerMouse

Who's the serious looking blond-haired character with the hi-tech hair clip towards the end of the OP (to the right of the big action scene) who's not included on the character page of the official series site yet?

Visually the design reminds me a tiny bit of the awesome Meia from Vandread with the expression and hairstyle.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2008-04-15 at 03:25.
Old 2008-04-15, 00:56   Link #200
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouta View Post
Considering his name is purposefully pronounced in different ways, that's an odd thing to complain about.
Why would it be on purpose? I thinks it's more a mistake on the japanese end of things, than on purpose, and that it should be kept standard in the fansubs
Closed Thread