Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-15, 23:49   Link #41
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
I paused the thing at that point and I lol'd at the shameless plug.

Well, crazy Magneto sh*t confirmed. I guess I'll have to watch this now since I made that comment earlier.
Episode 2 was kinda slow, but we got a pretty cool opener so I guess you can't complain. We get a little background on Ma-chan this ep, and I can't wait to get the full story on her recruitment. Lol, she has quite a handful for a senior partner.
Yuma was looking kinda plain after her pretty badass intro in the first ep. I mean, damn, it looked like she could start something with you at anytime. I wonder if she's Type E enough to don the conveniently form fitting powersuits.
Bit of reference to the last episode of Code E, and establishes a bit on the foundation Chinami and co. are up against.
Ah, and additionally...
Spoiler:
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 16:27   Link #42
Molenir

Quote:
Indeed, it was bad. The catchy OP was misleading - I was expecting an at least decent ROD copypasta, but instead got a bad, actionless high school romance.
I have to disagree myself. I liked the show. I thought the lack of action, despite the OP was a good thing. It turned the show into more of a slice-of-life genre show which I enjoy rather then giving action for the sake of action. To be honest, after watching the OP, my immediate thought was that it was similar to ROD, which sucked ass. Great idea implemented with pathetic nonsensical cartoonish villains. I'm really hoping that Mission E doesn't veer too closely towards ROD. It looks good so far but the more and stronger the villains, the worse the show tends to be.

On another note, I too am wondering about the fate of the twins from Code E. One of the reasons I liked them, was that they seemed to be there just to add humor as well as a hint of drama.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 11:23   Link #43
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
I have to disagree myself. I liked the show. I thought the lack of action, despite the OP was a good thing. It turned the show into more of a slice-of-life genre show which I enjoy rather then giving action for the sake of action. To be honest, after watching the OP, my immediate thought was that it was similar to ROD, which sucked ass. Great idea implemented with pathetic nonsensical cartoonish villains. I'm really hoping that Mission E doesn't veer too closely towards ROD. It looks good so far but the more and stronger the villains, the worse the show tends to be.

On another note, I too am wondering about the fate of the twins from Code E. One of the reasons I liked them, was that they seemed to be there just to add humor as well as a hint of drama.
Eh, to each their own. I liked the cartoony villains - they were just as believable as super paper powers. My only qualm about ROD was it was trying to be EVERY GENRE IN EXISTENCE (conflict between content vs. style I guess). Kurata, you screwed up there.

I was particularly surprised by the twins when they were first introduced, partially because I thought they were a goofy ADULT pair, as opposed to being students around the same age. They put the fun in the show, and I wonder where they'll stand in this series.

Also, moar crazy magneto stuff.
Old 2008-07-22, 15:10   Link #44
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The fact no one subs this proves how unpopular this is...

Spoiler for ep3:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 17:40   Link #45
Quikbeam

i've been looking forth to this show since i heard it being announced. sadly though, no groups want to pick it up for subbing.
Quikbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 00:07   Link #46
kureizero

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
The fact no one subs this proves how unpopular this is...

Spoiler for ep3:
Spoiler:
kureizero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 01:49   Link #47
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Question: how exactly does the Code-E (called "Code-Ex", for some unknown reason) manga fit into the continuity? Does it take place between Code-E and Mission-E, or is it just another version of the Code-E (anime) story?
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 05:15   Link #48
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
Question: how exactly does the Code-E (called "Code-Ex", for some unknown reason) manga fit into the continuity? Does it take place between Code-E and Mission-E, or is it just another version of the Code-E (anime) story?
It seems that CODE-EX is supposed to be 2 years after CODE-E.
I haven't bought it yet (planning too) though, so this is just information I've found before.

Also might as well use this post to point out, but there is a novel out for CODE-E too, titled "CODE-E ~Harukanaru Sasayaki~".
Click here to look

It is seperate from the actual series, focusing on a TYPE-E girl, 澪 (Mio?), who can read people's thoughts through electric currents in people, and how she fears touching people like her lover and childhood friend.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-07-25, 08:19   Link #49
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
It seems that CODE-EX is supposed to be 2 years after CODE-E.
I haven't bought it yet (planning too) though, so this is just information I've found before.
Ah, I see. *hopes somebody gets around to scanlating it sometime within the next year or so*

Quote:
[...]who can read people's thoughts through electric currents in people[...]
...They stole my idea! XD

(But seriously, I came up with a similar concept in the past. Except it was for a fairly-quickly-scrapped Naruto OC. XD)
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 01:18   Link #50
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Geh, bad raw for 3 was baaaaad.

Spoiler:

Eh, kinda lost its touch with this episode. Not very exciting but contained an important revelation.
Also, great scott, keeping some bat as a pet. Those things can be rampant with disease.
Old 2008-07-28, 15:06   Link #51
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Steam, begone!

Spoiler for ep4:

Old 2008-08-04, 14:20   Link #52
Zelda1

Well, I guess I'm in the minority here for really liking CODE-E. I thought the characters were interesting, the power unusual, and the laid back approach actually appropriate. I really liked the first episode of Mission-E mainly to see Chinami kicking ass and taking names. I hope oom keeps up with it because they did a great job on the subbing.
Zelda1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 14:35   Link #53
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Why did Ink from Moetan appear in this episode...?

By the way, Ma-chan really is becoming a good tsukkomi character~

Spoiler for ep5:

Old 2008-08-04, 20:00   Link #54
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Quote:
Why did Ink from Moetan appear in this episode...?

By the way, Ma-chan really is becoming a good tsukkomi character~

Spoiler for ep5:
There were a few other recognizable characters in that cosplay thing too. Komugi and Namco's Valkyrie made me smile. Just had a chance to flip through it briefly, but yeah... boo cliffhanger.

Edit: And a (S/M)ion too.

Last edited by aroduc; 2008-08-04 at 21:45.
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 10:52   Link #55
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
There were a few other recognizable characters in that cosplay thing too. Komugi and Namco's Valkyrie made me smile. Just had a chance to flip through it briefly, but yeah... boo cliffhanger.

Edit: And a (S/M)ion too.

Hmmm, I guess the Hatsune Miku reference wasn't enough for them, eh? I'm guessing this is going to be a more blatant pattern for other future anime.
Old 2008-08-11, 15:39   Link #56
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Yuma's lack of appearance...

Spoiler for ep6:

Old 2008-08-15, 21:13   Link #57
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Anyone know who are those 2 people always at the end of the episodes. The live people...
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 15:19   Link #58
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Err...... What was with that part in the end...? ( o_o)

Spoiler for ep7:

Old 2008-08-18, 16:24   Link #59
golthin

Quote:
The official website updated.

http://avexmovie.jp/lineup/mission-e/

Spoiler for some notes on main characters:

Aaa, Sonomi ga! Sonomi ga! *sob*
Spoiler for about sonomi:

Sonomi
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 18:27   Link #60
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Quote:
Err...... What was with that part in the end...? ( o_o)

Spoiler for ep7:
Yeah... I'm pretty sure that I didn't see that one coming at all. It's just... bizarre... and confusing.
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, supernatural