Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-26, 05:53   Link #1
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Fūun Ishin Dai Shogun [Dai-Shougun - Great Revolution]

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Plot summary: In the late Edo period, Japan faced an unprecedented crisis with the arrival of black ships from overseas. However, Japan drove away the black ships thanks to Onigami, giant robots that have existed in Japan since the ancient times. The country has remained in self-imposed seclusion from foreigners ever since. The story begins in this Japan that never experienced the Meiji Restoration.

Note:
Quote:
ILCA's Kazuya Sasahara (Cat Shit One: The Animated Series) planned the project, and Takashi Watanabe (Shakugan no Shana, Slayers) is directing it at J.C. Staff and A.C.G.T premiering next April.

Project-D is credited with the original story, and Dai Sato (Eureka Seven, Freedom, episodes of Cowboy Bebop) is in charge of the series scripts. Hiroya Iijima is adapting Shunya Yamashita's original character designs for animation. Makoto Ishiwata of Nitroplus is designing the mecha.

Chikako Shibata is the art director, and Michiyo Iriomote is the color key artist. Satoshi Motoyama is directing the sound, and Nippon Columbia is in charge of the music production.
My first reaction that I received from this series is the upcoming Nobunaga The Fool because of the fact it mixes mecha with historical influence, so I'll probably give it a chance.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 06:05   Link #2
romcom89

"....premiering next April." / (Winter 2014) Fūun Ishin Dai Shogun / öhhh, there is something wrong^^
romcom89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 06:11   Link #3
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by romcom89 View Post
"....premiering next April." / (Winter 2014) Fūun Ishin Dai Shogun / öhhh, there is something wrong^^
I accidentally clicked as Winter 2014 as it's not my intention, but thanks!
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-12-26, 06:17   Link #4
romcom89

No problem
romcom89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 06:20   Link #5
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Taki, what are you doig here?
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 08:17   Link #6
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
for a minute there i thought this was a spin-off of that 80's super robot series Go-Shogun anime or some SRW originals , didn't some Bones anime did that too? not in the plot concept but the type of genre? the one with the Karakuri robot that is crewed by a group of kids?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 08:32   Link #7
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by romcom89 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I accidentally clicked as Winter 2014 as it's not my intention, but thanks!
Fixed. Thanks for info. ^^
Old 2013-12-26, 10:32   Link #8
JKL
Kyuuketsuki

I've seen the purple shinobi character floating around as various forms of merchandise. So this is where it's from.

Quote:
Plot summary: In the late Edo period, Japan faced an unprecedented crisis with the arrival of black ships from overseas. However, Japan drove away the black ships thanks to Onigami, giant robots that have existed in Japan since the ancient times. The country has remained in self-imposed seclusion from foreigners ever since.
Yes, more revisionist history ftw! \^_^/
JKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 12:11   Link #9
bastek66

Quote:
In the late Edo period, Japan had experienced an unprecedented crisis by Kurofune (Black Ships), the ships from foreign countries. But a giant robot called Onigami, which has existed since ancient time, dispelled the Kurofune ships and the exclusion of foreigners was accomplished. The story begins in Japan where Meiji restoration in 1868 didn't happen. The tagline says, "I can be the greatest man in the world, because I am a virgin!!"
10/10 Will watch
Old 2014-03-05, 03:25   Link #10
Articalys

http://moca-news.net/article/20140305/201403051712a/01/

Cast:
Tetsuya Kakihara
Ayako Kawasumi
Yukari Tamura
Hideki Ogihara
Miyuki Sawashiro

Character key visuals (large image warning):
Images

Also lots of storyboard concept artwork at the link.

edit: ANN translated the character profiles:
Quote:
Keiichirou Tokugawa

Keiichirou grew up in a certain bathhouse in Nagasaki. Full of energy, Keiichirou grows bored of his life in Nagasaki. Having a condition where he breaks out into hives if he touches a woman, Keiichirou is still a virgin. But, little does he know, being a virgin has great meaning. His weapon of choice is a large, wooden hammer.
Quote:
Kiriko Hattori

Brought up strictly to be faithful and cold-blooded as a spy, Kiriko appears to be emotionless and inhuman. However, her highest priority is to serve the Tokugawa family and often has conflicts with Keiichirou. Her weapon of choice is Ninjutsu.
Quote:
Chiharu

Though she has the appearance of a cute girl, Chiharu is actually a half human, half magical fox with a bushy tail. Strong minded and tomboyish, she is also a little mysterious and has lived as a fugitive from justice for a long time. After meeting Keiichirou, she gradually changes and grows to like him. She knows kung-fu and her weapon of choice is nunchucks.
Quote:
Hyakusuke

Almost like a younger brother to Keiichirou, Hyakusuke unconditionally admires him and always acts together with Keiichirou. Useless at fighting, Hyakusuke is crazy about machinery and is trying to invent new machines. Even though he has no strength, Hyakusuke tries to support Keiichirou with all his might.
Quote:
Houkouin

Beautifully bewitching, Hōkōin is a mysterious woman who is extremely sensual. She is a kung-fu master and her weapon of choice is a giant iron war fan.

Last edited by Articalys; 2014-03-05 at 22:29.
Articalys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 03:34   Link #11
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
We got a lot of history and mecha this year.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 09:32   Link #12
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I'm still looking forward to watch the show and having mecha story mixed with historical elements is rarely blend well (the currently ongoing Nobunaga the Fool was especially decent from what I've seen). I hope it won't have too much fanservice given the director's recent portfolio and even though the character designs aren't my thing, they are quite well-drawn and especially fitting for the setting (except the Miyuki Sawashiro character in the last pic, she's out of place and could have starred in the upcoming Blade & Soul anime rather than this one).
MyAnimeList
Old 2014-03-05, 13:31   Link #13
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Articalys View Post
http://moca-news.net/article/20140305/201403051712a/01/

Cast:
Tetsuya Kakihara
Ayako Kawasumi
Yukari Tamura
Hideki Ogihara
Miyuki Sawashiro

Character key visuals (large image warning):
Images

Also lots of storyboard concept artwork at the link.
Wow, that's a pretty nice cast. I think it's safe to assume, going off the original key visual, that the main love triangle will be between Tetsuya Kakihara's character and the two females voiced by Ayako Kawasumi and Yukari Tamura?

Suffice to say, Kawasumi's character is quite easy on the eyes, and Tamura's looks like a cute Kitsune .

Miyuki Sawashiro's character is a Miyuki Sawashrio character all right .

I really like the Mecha design, though I wonder if J.C. Staff will go for CG or 2D for the Mecha animation?

Well, a romance/Mecha series by Dai Sato and the director of Shakugan No Shana sounds quite enticing, so I'll be sure to check this out .

Last edited by Frontier; 2014-03-07 at 14:59.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 13:48   Link #14
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Suffice to say, Kawasumi's character is quite easy on the eyes, and Tamura's looks like a cute Kitsune
To bad Yukarin playing the cutie once more. I prefer her Badass Adorable charas like Nanoha or Fear.

Quote:
Miyuki Sawashiro's character is a Miyuki Sawashrio character all right .
Damn. I wanted to write it.
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 13:56   Link #15
Frontier

Sorry .

Though I think that there's a high possibility that, despite her looks, Yukarin's character is going to also be quite competent in a fight so you might just get your badass adorable character yet .
Old 2014-03-08, 10:44   Link #16
Tenzen12

My first reaction was: "Another Nobunaga the Fool", but it seems this will have actualy some decent and possibly funy characters (plus one voiced by Myukichi!)

Well unlike former there is pretty good chance I will not drop it at least.

PS: I don't particulary mind a bit fanservice.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 10:55   Link #17
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Hope they'll give us a PV sometime soon.
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-19, 02:53   Link #18
Articalys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Hope they'll give us a PV sometime soon.
Well, here's your wish -- though it's not much to look at for now:
Articalys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-19, 07:28   Link #19
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
^ is that the OP in that trailer?......... I NEED IT NOW!!!~

looks like all the ladies wanted to rob Keiichi's virginity.....?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-19, 08:17   Link #20
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
^ is that the OP in that trailer?......... I NEED IT NOW!!!~

looks like all the ladies wanted to rob Keiichi's virginity.....?
I can easily foresee at least two girls (if not more) wanting to fall in love with Keiichiro and from the looks of it, I'd rather have love triangle over harem in this case since I can think plenty of shows that have that kind of gender ratio without (or at least so small it feels overly subtle) harem elements.
MyAnimeList

Tags
action, historical, mecha, romance