AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 27 32.93%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 35.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 20.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 6.10%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.22%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.22%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-15, 07:24   Link #81
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Thanks guys who pointed out where Kanata was. I do find it sweet that Konata was not only dreaming of anime, but her sweet mom as well. Aww, someone misses their mommy... XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2007-08-15, 07:32   Link #82
darksider

A bit off-topic but anyway...
One's chopstick use is definetely a major indicator of their dominant hand.
And, left-handed use of chopsticks were once considered as impolite and vulgar behavior in Japan, and in fact my father had to be ambidextrous due to such circumstances. Maybe Soujirou's as well?
Old 2007-08-15, 12:36   Link #83
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

I FINALLY got to watch 19... Didn't enjoy it as much as the last one, but it's pretty good nonetheless.

A lot of puns in this one... I'm going to have a lot of fun explaining those. While I enjoyed Tsukasa and Yutaka asking "tough" questions, it seemed to be overplayed a bit. I also liked some detail into Nanako's life... just wish they finally ask her why is a teacher using a fake accent all the time.

Hiyori is more interesting of an otaku than Kona to me... while Kona is one of those blatantly nerdy otaku with zero shame, Hiyori, like great majority of fujoshi out there, are still kinda in-the-closet. Her blushing is quite enjoyeable. I do miss Patty-chan... her otaku-ness is also fun to watch. Come to think of it, both of them are more likely to exist than Kona... a loli-looking akiba-kei girl otaku? I wonder if anyone like that really exist in real life?

Love the Akira/Kanata flash... that was unexpected and sweet. Why Akira though? Now we got her all giddy for appearing in the main story. How about a proper Kanata flashback?

The most interesting thing to me in 19 is the quick scene which Kagami caught Tsukasa waiting for someone to text back. WHO? WHO COULD SHE BE TEXTING? Not her sister because she's right there... not Kona because she never carry her phone and never replies... and why would she be embarassed about texting Miyuki? So who does that leave? Our beloved Shiraishi-sama perhaps?

LC is alright... the joke was that Akira was asking Shiraishi to kill himself, but it gets a little long. It's kinda funny when you know what they're talking about. Shiraishi said also he went to Jogashima Island as an outdoorsman... that's where the real Shiraishi filmed all those EDs.

ED - I'm beginning to think ONLY Shiraish, Kaorin, and Hiromi-chan went to Jogashima for this trip. Where are the other seiyuus? If they are there, won't they want to be in the ED fun? Yet we see the three of them all the time; Perhaps this is a KyoAni "company trip" in the guise of ED location shooting, so only Shiraishi and Hiromi needed to go, and Shiraishi invited Kaorin along because he wants to create romantic shonen memory with her. So she's added to the trip and the rest if anime history. If there are any more live action thing in this show they could really just make a dorama out of it. Also the ED song is not in Enka format this time but it's more of a traditional folk song. I must say this Shiraishi is rather talented, even thought he can't really sing.

Overall a 9 for me... now on to the Ref list...
Old 2007-08-15, 13:24   Link #84
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
LC is alright... the joke was that Akira was asking Shiraishi to kill himself, but it gets a little long. It's kinda funny when you know what they're talking about. Shiraishi said also he went to Jogashima Island as an outdoorsman... that's where the real Shiraishi filmed all those EDs.
Why? How can he bring water back if he's dead? Or is the trip that dangerous?
Old 2007-08-15, 13:25   Link #85
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
But they did that for a while, like the Yugioh parody in a previous episode.
I am starting to feel like Skane when he ranted about how some of the naysayers (I am not including you in this bunch) are conveniently oblivious of every other references that are not SuzuHaru to add more weight to their criticisms.

But yeah, on a side note, I too want to see more of Yutaka, Minami, Hiyori and Patty.
Oi, with the naysayers again..... In most realms those are called "People of differing opinion". "Naysayers" is such an elitist sounding term I find. It assumes that everybody who thinks outside the norm of the group is wrong and unhip in some way.
Old 2007-08-15, 13:38   Link #86
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Why? How can he bring water back if he's dead? Or is the trip that dangerous?
The place Akira told him to go, the foothills of Mount Fuji, is a famous for being a popular spot for people to hang themselves. It's also reportedly the most haunted place in Japan, that's why Shiraishi is scared of going alone. Basically Akira's telling him to go there and just die. When she said her last line of LC "You have already crossed the line of death", that's what she was talking about.

Read this article:

http://www.seekjapan.jp/article-1/76...ds+of+Mt.+Fuji

Last edited by AVPlaya; 2007-08-15 at 15:04.
Old 2007-08-15, 14:59   Link #87
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Poor sensei...

It was an OK episode...Not quite as enjoyable as 18 was. The first half had more then a few parts that felt a little ho-hum while the second half was more enjoyable overall it felt like it was playing the same joke just with a slight variation over and over heh.

As for L*C...ehhh...ummm...Yay for the info about having a guest next episode ,so as to not make me feel I just wasted my time by not skipping ahead to the previews for the next week...I guess? Honestly I really do get the joke by now...Akira is bi-polar and hates Shiraishi...How many times do they think its entertaining to bludgeon the viewer with these facts? *sigh*

I know its hard to keep a virtually plot less show interesting for 19 episodes, but I couldn't shake the feeling that this one had a serious lack of variety. Still cute and with a great spirit of fun though.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2007-08-15, 17:34   Link #88
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Poor sensei...

It was an OK episode...Not quite as enjoyable as 18 was. The first half had more then a few parts that felt a little ho-hum while the second half was more enjoyable overall it felt like it was playing the same joke just with a slight variation over and over heh.

As for L*C...ehhh...ummm...Yay for the info about having a guest next episode ,so as to not make me feel I just wasted my time by not skipping ahead to the previews for the next week...I guess? Honestly I really do get the joke by now...Akira is bi-polar and hates Shiraishi...How many times do they think its entertaining to bludgeon the viewer with these facts? *sigh*

I know its hard to keep a virtually plot less show interesting for 19 episodes, but I couldn't shake the feeling that this one had a serious lack of variety. Still cute and with a great spirit of fun though.
What's all this about a guest?
Old 2007-08-15, 17:49   Link #89
Ashlotte
Clockwork

? I may be delusional but im almost certain akira said near the very end they'd have a guest on L*C...She said it in a very exaggerated cutesy style so I might have mistaken it...Kinda already deleted the episode so I can't really go back to the scene hah...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2007-08-15, 19:08   Link #90
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
? I may be delusional but im almost certain akira said near the very end they'd have a guest on L*C...She said it in a very exaggerated cutesy style so I might have mistaken it...Kinda already deleted the episode so I can't really go back to the scene hah...
Yes she did talk about an exciting guest for the next LC.
Old 2007-08-15, 20:27   Link #91
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Yes she did talk about an exciting guest for the next LC.
It'll probably be Aya Hirano. Who else would they have that could be construed as exceptionally "exciting" by the writers in relation to the viewers desires.
Old 2007-08-15, 20:31   Link #92
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

This episode felt nice to me, because I see myself in Hiyori. From the whole 'personal touches that no one else notices' to the occasional 'crazy things popping up in the head' when hit by inspiration and all.

Especially the face-making part. I recall my teacher asking me if I was okay, since I was grinning to myself sheepishly when I was drawing something enjoyable from my mind. And lol, I NEVER put my real name during bowling games either, though I don't use character names too. Nicknames I feel familiar to though.

I don't draw yuri though. In fact, I rarely draw girls since I tend to make them look boyish more than actually looking like girls. And I favor writing as much as drawing.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-08-16, 03:06   Link #93
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

EP 19 References Part I

This time I'm not going to split out cultural and otaku. But there are just too many items here, so I'm probably going to split it into 3 posts. This here is the first post. If you can help add to it, please do so!

Spoiler for Long Post! Unhide to view:

Part II coming soon!

Last edited by AVPlaya; 2007-08-16 at 12:21.
Old 2007-08-16, 08:13   Link #94
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
It'll probably be Aya Hirano. Who else would they have that could be construed as exceptionally "exciting" by the writers in relation to the viewers desires.
My money's on Clerk Tomokazu, ala Tomokazu Sugita, ala Kyon.

Or maybe they'll have Taniguchi in the studio, which is essentially the same person.
Old 2007-08-16, 08:23   Link #95
Claymore_Obsessed

maybe there will be real life Minoru? can a Twin Minoru Attack cause trouble to Akira-sama?

(I'd be happier if they choose the Aya route, ideed ^^ )
Old 2007-08-16, 11:28   Link #96
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
This time I'm not going to split out cultural and otaku. But there are just too many items here, so I'm probably going to split it into 3 posts. This here is the first post. If you can help add to it, please do so!

Spoiler for Long Post! Unhide to view:

Part II coming soon!
I spent so much time trying to make sense of Juon that I guess I forgot to be scared. Japanese Horror relies more on the "It happens and it's scary" concept then the more often seen "This is why it happened and now you know why you should be scared" concept of western movies. In all honesty I don't think they care though. Watching Japanese Horror is like watching B-Movies with something of a budget.

As for expertly applied censoring, wasn't that pretty much the same thing they do with Hayate No Gotoku or so I hear, with the bleeping and censor bars, only horribly exagerrated. It sounds more like a joke than applied skill.

Last edited by kj1980; 2007-08-17 at 13:07.
Old 2007-08-16, 12:15   Link #97
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
As for expertly applied censoring, wasn't that pretty much the same thing they do with Hayate No Gotoku or so I hear, with the bleeping and censor bars, only horribly exagerrated. It sounds more like a joke than applied skill.
A joke like my comment about it... I was being sarcastic about the expertly applied part neh.. Kaioshin-dono is a really interesting person; you know what, if there was an anime with you as a character, I would definitely watch it.
Old 2007-08-16, 12:41   Link #98
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
A joke like my comment about it... I was being sarcastic about the expertly applied part neh.. Kaioshin-dono is a really interesting person; you know what, if there was an anime with you as a character, I would definitely watch it.
Why does this give me a feeling of Deja-Vu.....

I'm in for a world of trouble again aren't I.
Old 2007-08-16, 13:31   Link #99
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya
...Due to possible licensing issue, L*S could never reference Gundam out-right, even though you can tell they're dying to do so. Finally in this episode they can't wait much longer so they let it all out, hoping that their expertly applied censoring skills will avoid Bandai lawsuits....
Since they actually credit "Gundam Ace Publishing Dept." in the end-credits, I wonder if it has all been squared with the rights-holder and the censoring is just for fun, and to prevent having too blatant an ad for another company's product in a KyoAni show.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-08-16, 13:52   Link #100
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
Hello.
Today I finally watched the episode. To my mind it's among the best ones, I voted 10.
AVPlaya
thanks a lot for listing the references.
Personally I'm not into Gundam thing so that part was a little confusing to me.
Also I wanted to ask about Kagami keeping her goldfish in a pond. I guess its more of a japanese style to have a garden with a pond. Does it work ok? I mean taking care of fish. As for me I live in an apartment block and I have a fish tank. So here beside food one needs an air pumb, a water filter and it is also recommended to add fresh water regularly.

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
Closed Thread