AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 117 75.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 12.99%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 6.49%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.30%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.65%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-30, 14:32   Link #201
VentAileron

Mmm, the ending doesn't really feel like...an ending. Maybe I was wrong expecting something more grand. It's a kind of similar ending like Lucky Star, but since Lucky Star was less story driven than K-ON! it didn't feel odd, but here it feels like the story is meant to go on and was also set up like that.

Yeah that has to be it. I think that the four main characters going to the same university kind of ruined a proper ending. But all things considered, it was very hard to make a good ending, since Azusa's situation took all the attention away from what I still consider the main cast. And...well a comedy is hard to end by definition.

EDIT:
Why did some of the words ('comedy' and 'proper') turned up as dictionary search results when I looked at my own post while logged out? O_o

Last edited by VentAileron; 2010-09-30 at 15:10.
Old 2010-09-30, 14:35   Link #202
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Perhaps it isn't the end.
Old 2010-10-01, 07:09   Link #203
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VentAileron View Post
Mmm, the ending doesn't really feel like...an ending. Maybe I was wrong expecting something more grand. It's a kind of similar ending like Lucky Star, but since Lucky Star was less story driven than K-ON! it didn't feel odd, but here it feels like the story is meant to go on and was also set up like that.
Of course it is xD When high school ends, one's life isn't over. K-ON! is about realism. It'd be way off if they gave K-ON a full "proper" tie-everything-together type of ending.
Old 2010-10-01, 08:33   Link #204
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Thumbs up

Wonderful ending. It didn't feel all tied up, but it wasn't left hanging either. I wanted to see more, but saw it as an appropriate cap of their High School lives.

I remember my graduation day, we didn't spend even 10 minutes lamenting leaving the school. We couldn't wait to go meet at a restaurant and have a meal with all of our friends, then it was on to an awesome summer, where a few of us had planned a trip of graduates to go together to the beach... it was like any other end of term, we couldn't WAIT to get away from the place. No sentimentality. The friends we had from other grades, we saw all summer too, except that they were going to have to go back to school, while we went on to work, college, etc...

In K-On! the four girls have a huge new goal ahead and will likely be excited to move forward towards college. They will see Azusa from time to time and Ritsu will probably concoct some plan to get her into the same university as they are in, so finishing High School, while somewhat melancholy, is hardly the end. Its only a step into the future. As the audience we can only hope they will continue on with the band. If all of the albums and videos are any indication, they do continue. I never saw any of the songs and videos for OPs and EDs of the show as anything other than the girls working professionally as a band post-High school. If we are fortunate to see the continued adventures (daily silliness?) of these 5 girls, I sure hope it's about life as professional idols! (K-On version of Josie and the Pussycats anyone? )

Great series!

Last edited by Mughi; 2010-10-01 at 08:43.
Old 2010-10-02, 02:16   Link #205
Rhythm

I loved the ending, the lyrics from their song to Azusa was meaningful and very heartfelt. Great way to end it, performing together after school for the last time. One of the best animes.
Old 2010-10-03, 14:31   Link #206
wingman32x

Good ending to a great series. Season 2 was so awesome. They just did everything a lot better than season 1 IMO. The song for Azusa made me tear up a bit. That was a really sweet thing of them to do. Azusa finally breaking down was well done. Overall, this episode gets a 10. The season gets a 9, and the overall series gets an 8.7.
Old 2010-10-06, 23:42   Link #207
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Would crying through the song "We got to meet a lovely angel" still count as Manly Tears?

Sure, was smiling through it all, cos there was simply so much love for their adorable baby sister and all , but... ah darn it I REALLY don't sound like the way a twenty nine year old man should, do I?
Old 2010-10-07, 06:36   Link #208
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Would crying through the song "We got to meet a lovely angel" still count as Manly Tears?

Sure, was smiling through it all, cos there was simply so much love for their adorable baby sister and all , but... ah darn it I REALLY don't sound like the way a twenty nine year old man should, do I?
If one of your heartstrings weren't tugged during Tenshi no Furetayo, then you are not human.
Old 2010-10-15, 15:35   Link #209
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

The episode was overall good, but I dunno I had expected something a bit more for the episode where the graduation, so in a way it reminded me of mine in that it was really hyped for something that turned out well ordinary, so I can't take that much off it for that, so I'll give it a 9 for this episode since it still was enjoyable.
MAL
Old 2010-10-15, 16:06   Link #210
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

A very touchy episode indeed, love the song (especially the lyrics) and all of the senpais sing
but I agree that it doesn't feel like an ending even though it is supposed to be the "last" episode.

In fact, I feel that it is somehow similar to the 9th episode of season 1. You know... where Azusa first joined the Keionbu and can't stand their slacky attitude. Then at the end of the episode she came to the club room and cried, then the seniors perform to cheer for her.

I also notice that somehow the BGM that plays when Azusa starts to cry in the club room is kinda off for the atmosphere IMO... but that would be good to dampen the sad feeling of watching this episode

Also love their first photo given to Azusa.. although I think they should use the other since Ritsu only got her forehead exposed ^^;
Old 2010-11-01, 11:25   Link #211
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Also love their first photo given to Azusa.. although I think they should use the other since Ritsu only got her forehead exposed ^^;
Ritsu is kinda like Mike from Monsters Inc: Always gets covered up but still happy that at least his outline gets shown.