AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2010-12-16, 23:54   Link #641
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Didn't read the fic about CoEF and don't know much of Touhou but I found a pic that can be used(?) on the fic.
Spoiler for Remilia and Touma:

There is another one about Sakuya and Touma on a different style.
actually, that is a fanart used for a nicovideo vid about Touma visiting the Scarlet mansion. I THINK it's kind of like a VN format.

@Flere: Well those scribbles are just going to last until I am getting a Tablet(?) and a few books on photoshop xD. Have u seen my sketch for Komoe yet?
Do you have a plan on doing a sequel, or are you ending the whole thing with the epilogue?

@tsunade: We could use some charisma break. lol xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 00:00   Link #642
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Erm... Anybody here good at describing clothes ? I sort of need some help for a particular part of outfit
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 20:10   Link #643
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
@Flere: Well those scribbles are just going to last until I am getting a Tablet(?) and a few books on photoshop xD. Have u seen my sketch for Komoe yet?
Do you have a plan on doing a sequel, or are you ending the whole thing with the epilogue?
I'm planning on ending the whole thing with the epilogue, but maybe leave a slight 'sequel hook' just in case I want to write a sequel when the whole Index series is over.

And yes, I've seen your sketch for Komoe.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 08:25   Link #644
Zakoo

Hi guys, my imagination is a bit at loss si I would like your help.

Let's say you have the power Ars Magna ( the same as the alchemist ) and you fight Accelerator. how would you fight him ( and kill him if possible ) ?

However there's some conditions :

First his power is enclenched, that's a one vs one duel.

Second, you can't kill him by saying "Die" just like Aurreolus did for Himegami ( because you hate him a loooot and you want to make him suffer a lot ).

I don't ask the the literraly sentance like " You freaking albino, be attacked by a multi directional attack" ( That was a joke ! ) but just the general ideas.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 08:38   Link #645
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Hi guys, my imagination is a bit at loss si I would like your help.

Let's say you have the power Ars Magna ( the same as the alchemist ) and you fight Accelerator. how would you fight him ( and kill him if possible ) ?

However there's some conditions :

First his power is enclenched, that's a one vs one duel.

Second, you can't kill him by saying "Die" just like Aurreolus did for Himegami ( because you hate him a loooot and you want to make him suffer a lot ).

I don't ask the the literraly sentance like " You freaking albino, be attacked by a multi directional attack" ( That was a joke ! ) but just the general ideas.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Well, just like with Aurrelous, you can ask for a pistol and start shooting bits off him. Or you can go for the 'Fly into the air and be de-skin'ed.' like with what happened to Stiyl.

Accelerator can't re-direct magic. He can negate it (kind of) by volume 22, but even that is iffy at the best. So... it goes as far as your imagination can take it.
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 08:47   Link #646
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I would think... That we should First analysis how Ars Magna works in the first place. Which means digging through the second volume for all the little details that the anime didn't show us.

As always, every seemingly broken powers would slowly reveal their weakness in the details.
Old 2010-12-18, 08:50   Link #647
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Spoiler for This is for you Mr. Flere821:

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 21:34   Link #648
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Spoiler for This is for you Mr. Flere821:
Thanks

And as for Ars Magna, as far as I know it's changing reality with your own version of it (and yes, it's kinda like Academy City's 'personal reality'). Except the process of obtaining it would take a normal human a few centuries to just chant the incantations. In the novels Aureolus made the students of Misawa Cram school do the chanting, increased the chanting speed by 120x (using the theory of 'Gregorian Chant) - and he obtained Ars Magna. And as espers kill themselves when trying to do magic most of the students there have already died at least multiple times (and the brought back to life) during getting Ars Magna.
Old 2010-12-18, 22:01   Link #649
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
And as for Ars Magna, as far as I know it's changing reality with your own version of it (and yes, it's kinda like Academy City's 'personal reality'). Except the process of obtaining it would take a normal human a few centuries to just chant the incantations. In the novels Aureolus made the students of Misawa Cram school do the chanting, increased the chanting speed by 120x (using the theory of 'Gregorian Chant) - and he obtained Ars Magna. And as espers kill themselves when trying to do magic most of the students there have already died at least multiple times (and the brought back to life) during getting Ars Magna.
Does that make it a channeling spell? Does Ars Magna require the students to constantly chant?

Even if he can change reality, there seem to be some limit to it, otherwise he wouldn't be hold up in his building...
Old 2010-12-18, 22:08   Link #650
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Does that make it a channeling spell? Does Ars Magna require the students to constantly chant?

Even if he can change reality, there seem to be some limit to it, otherwise he wouldn't be hold up in his building...
After finishing the incantation the spell/skill would be complete, so no constant chanting is necessary. Ars Magna is just like any other spell, except the incantation is so long it's extremely impractical.

And as for limitations... well the anime shows he can't create anything he cannot imagine (eg a vampire, and has to use Deep Blood to draw one out). And that anything he thinks about will become reality, so if his mind wanders he'll probably kill himself by accident.

And as a aside, Aureolus' building was commented on by Index, saying it's pretty much like a Pharoah's tomb with all mana inside killed off artificially.
Old 2010-12-18, 22:22   Link #651
Miraluka
Banned

Found more of them, still can't find the other version of Sakuya, well I hope with these will be enough...

Spoiler for SUDDENLY!!!!:

P.S.: To think I didn't read said fic yet I hope to read it some day.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 22:31   Link #652
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Wow, I never realized how much fans Collapse of Eastern Fantasy has.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 22:56   Link #653
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Because it's Index + Touhou. A combination that just screams epic.
Old 2010-12-18, 23:37   Link #654
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Okay seeing as how Christmas is pretty much around the corner, I've spent the last few days locked in my room trying to come up with a holiday fic.

It's a four chapter story, this is the first chapter.

Majutsu no Kurisumasu

Hopefully, I'll finish this before Christmas Eve...
Old 2010-12-19, 00:25   Link #655
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Okay seeing as how Christmas is pretty much around the corner, I've spent the last few days locked in my room trying to come up with a holiday fic.

Majutsu no Kurisumasu

nice slice of life/ comedy chaosfrozen more power to you ..... ( hope there's more deredere from Touma's female acquaintances ( hopefully Kaori and Misaka )
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 08:40   Link #656
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:

Majutsu no Kurisumasu

Nice. I hope to see Kaori and Itsuwa as well. And maybe Team ITEM too.
Old 2010-12-19, 10:49   Link #657
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I don't want to get your hopes up, but I'm not confident in portraying [ITEM]...
Old 2010-12-19, 21:16   Link #658
Flere821
Lurker

The Suzumiya Haruhi + Index crossover had another chapter out today - pretty good IMO:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5900096/14/

EDIT: and after reading the Christmas fic, is this after Index finding out about Touma's memory loss? (Granted, Dec 25th is after WW3 when Fiamma told her... just checking)

Though IMO this series probably won't even get to Christmas in-canon, seeing how much stuff happens on a weekly basis.

Last edited by Flere821; 2010-12-19 at 21:29.
Old 2010-12-19, 21:56   Link #659
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

EDIT: and after reading the Christmas fic, is this after Index finding out about Touma's memory loss? (Granted, Dec 25th is after WW3 when Fiamma told her... just checking)
Yes it is, I figure that since it'll have an actual date attached to it, I should at the very least try to include some stuff.

Most other's I can ignore, but Index learning that Touma lost his memories is a big deal... Plus it helps me move the story.

Quote:
Though IMO this series probably won't even get to Christmas in-canon, seeing how much stuff happens on a weekly basis.
It would be a shame, I want to see more festivals in Academy City.

They've mentioned in Volume 10 when talking about the Night Parade that it's not as popular/grand as Christmas or Valentine's... Makes me wonder now...
Old 2010-12-20, 08:21   Link #660
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Chapter 2 of my Christmas Special is done.

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction