AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Who's Your Favorite Mai-Otome Character?
Nina Wong 22 7.21%
Erstin Ho 11 3.61%
Mashiro Windbloom 13 4.26%
Arika Yumemiya 32 10.49%
Shizuru Viola 75 24.59%
Irina Woods 6 1.97%
Natsuki Kruger 35 11.48%
Juliet Nao Zhang 51 16.72%
Haruka Armitage 14 4.59%
Sergey Wong 6 1.97%
Tomoe Marguerite 8 2.62%
Nagi Dai Artai 7 2.30%
Miya Clochette 1 0.33%
Other (list below) 24 7.87%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-01, 11:20   Link #41
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Catgirls I'm surprised to see your vote for Nina, or perhaps I'm confusing you with someone else who initially said they disliked Nina and hoped she would die.

I'm torn between voting for Nina or Sergay... I'll vote later.
Old 2006-02-01, 11:21   Link #42
coefficientX
mayo is yummy~(‘∇’)

Although MO Nao really kicks arse but...
my love is still one and only... kaichou-sama~~~~
Old 2006-02-04, 17:53   Link #43
Rushuna
Supaa Handsome Boi

I'm a Yayoi guy, with Erstin at a VERY close 2nd.

And, no, it's not just because
Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-04, 18:23   Link #44
zeraya

Send a message via MSN to zeraya Send a message via Yahoo to zeraya
Wink

my favorite character in mai hime / mai otome is nina wong because she is evil girl and beautiful girl
Old 2006-02-04, 19:27   Link #45
Shizuru
ShizNat

1. My heart will always be with kaichou
2. Natsuki
3. Nao
4. Nina
5. Tomoe
Old 2006-02-05, 22:16   Link #46
letsall-makemistakes

Only three votes for tomoe?
Just wait till she goes into full berserk mode and her popularity will explode.
I find nina and arika boring.
If i could cast another vote, it will defintely go to nao. Gotta love the girl for her take-no-shit attitude. Put up a poll on voice actresses and i wouldnt be surprised if she topped everyone. Nao's voice is just plain awesome!!!

The seiyuu had training in bars and clubs to sound so raunchy and streetwise .
Used to like shiho but obivously sunrise doesnt want to use the full potential of maki maki maki goodness...
Old 2006-02-06, 00:26   Link #47
Nagumo
Random Translator

As of this moment, Nao is ahead of Shizuru.

Nao 27
Shizuru 25

And you know something is wrong with Natsuki's portrayal when she is behind Sergay Wong.

Natsuki 4
Sergay 6
Old 2006-02-06, 23:58   Link #48
Zilveari
Retired(?) Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Zilveari
I don't usually go with the flow and become obsessed with the main character, but Arika has become engrained in my psyche since the series began x.x She's just TOO CUTE! And that majorly pissed off look in her eyes at the end of 17 was awesome.

Plus she looks kickass in that blue getup in the new op!

P.S. I don't know anything about her, but RENA PWNZ
Old 2006-02-07, 01:40   Link #49
philip72

Wow, I never thought Nao was that popular.
Nothing at all against Nao, I just wouldn't have thought it.

That Antsy would beat out Natsuki really suprises me.
She's OK I guess, but nothing special, each to their own.

If it was my call, each show would be 24 minutes of nothing but Viola and Kruger kicking ass and...well...you know.
Old 2007-08-12, 10:16   Link #50
disney72
Going Bonklers

im a haruka fan... what makes an otome.. power, skill and GUTS!!!!! and the fact that shes with yukino was soooo funny.. i like their pair actually..

hmm is it me or natsuki likes shizuru more in this series? coz unlike in mai hime (where shizuru was the one pursuing her) it looks like its the other way around in this series... dunno.. or maybe its just my imagination..
Old 2007-08-12, 10:37   Link #51
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Wow. I didn't expect Nao to lead this poll, especially given the results of the official Sunrise poll.

(My favorite is Natsuki, by the way, followed by Nao and Haruka.)
Old 2007-08-12, 15:22   Link #52
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

My vote goes to Nagi. He's a manipulative little bastard, and a political genius way ahead of everyone else.
Also, he’s one of those villains who does not commit the error to repent of his crimes when everything starts to fall apart, suddenly converting to the good side only to die 10 minutes later saving the life of the hero of the story. A tv trope that I find truly repellent, in fact as much as I love Nagi in the anime, I hate his manga (Otome) counterpart.
Then I adore Nao (ironicly cynical), Haruka, and the sweet and obsessed Nina.
Old 2007-08-13, 21:15   Link #53
Silvx

I can't choose between Nina and Nagi :\ I guess i'm going to go with Nagi. even tho Nina / Nagi are a tie for me
Old 2007-08-14, 05:25   Link #54
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Rena-sama FTW.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
Old 2007-08-16, 04:52   Link #55
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney72 View Post
hmm is it me or natsuki likes shizuru more in this series? coz unlike in mai hime (where shizuru was the one pursuing her) it looks like its the other way around in this series... dunno.. or maybe its just my imagination..
Yes. it's semi-true. See in the Mai Otome drama CDs, it explains that Natsuki was the one crushing on Shizuru when Natsuki was just a coral. In fact she was one of Shizuru's "in-the-closet" fan girls.

Story goes, that Natsuki wanted to become her room attendant and Shizuru was aware of this. Shizuru noticed Natsuki to be a beauty that stood out from the rest but it was not enough to impress her since she thought that Natsuki was just another fan girl. As she had treated any of her fangirls, Shizuru tried to make a move on Natsuki and well...Natsuki didn't take it too well, resulting in Natsuki slapping Shizuru in the face. Shizuru perplexed by this action and thought that it was what Natsuki wanted since all her fangirls expect the same treatment. Shizuru then couldn't stop thinking about Natsuki and how different she reacted as opposed to her other fangirls. Haruka noticed that she was acting peculiar because "some coral gave her the cold shoulder" and so Haruka devised a plan with Yukino's help

Natsuki's ideal perception of the "perfect" Shizuru faded and she sorta lost all motivation to do anything. Mai had to try to cheer her up but Natsuki wouldn't budge. It wasn't until Haruka (who knew of the incident) marched right up to Natsuki and announced that Natsuki was to be her new room attendant. Shizuru, following right behind Haruka, didn't sound too thrilled about this and when Haruka noticed her reaction, she declared a battle against Shizuru. Winner takes all and the prize was Natsuki.

Seeing that Natsuki was still glum over the ordeal, made one last attempt at trying to convince Natsuki that her rightful place was with Shizuru as her room attendant. It wasn't until Mai had mentioned that perhaps "she" should become Shizuru's attendant. This doesn't sit well with Natsuki so she definitely reacts. Mai then points out that it was perhaps Natsuki's fault to for dreaming up a false image of Shizuru-oneesama and that maybe she's angry because she just thinks all her fans are all the same. Anyhow, Natsuki disagrees with Mai becoming Shizuru-Oneesama's room attendant so Mai encourages her to go work things out with Shizuru.

So during the CD track you hear running and panting coming from Natsuki who finally tracked down Shizuru. She practically (in a very raspy) voice admits her desire to become her room attendant for the "Real" Shizuru and not the image of her that she willfully constructed. Shizuru is touched by this and has a new "real" reason to fight Haruka in order to win Natsuki.

Shizuru comes out the victor of course and the rest is history.

*Phew* that was a mouth full.....sorry for making this long. I guess I remembered more than I thought LOL.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2007-08-16, 07:28   Link #56
disney72
Going Bonklers

so the natsuki kruger and shizuru viola relationship is really that complicated??!!!
where did you get it?? i wanna read it too!
Old 2007-08-18, 09:22   Link #57
Efreeta
Secret gardener

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney72 View Post
so the natsuki kruger and shizuru viola relationship is really that complicated??!!!
where did you get it?? i wanna read it too!
It's from the second Mai Otome drama CD, the translation of the script is in Apollyon's Live Journal
:
http://apollyon-0.livejournal.com/11793.html#cutid2
Old 2007-08-19, 09:30   Link #58
disney72
Going Bonklers

waaa! thank you very much!
Old 2007-08-19, 11:38   Link #59
Kazemiya

I'll Vote For

Juliet Nao Zhang ^^,
Old 2007-08-19, 12:54   Link #60
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
That Antsy would beat out Natsuki really suprises me.
She's OK I guess, but nothing special, each to their own.
It does not supprise me too much. Even though I loved Natsuki in HiME, she does not really get a lot of chances to shine in Otome. Except when she finally pulls out the big gun at the end, her role is mostly just telling the audience what is going on, or a bit of comedy relief with the interation between her and Shizuru or her and Nao.
Closed Thread