Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-08-21, 18:34   Link #121
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I didn't get the impression Tatara is using Mako to get Shizuku. He's mainly doing this because he's pissed off Gaju treats his sister with such disdain. It's just that he tends to get carried away when he's on the dance floor.

And I'm sure Shizuku can handle herself just fine, as shown when she coldly told Tatara not to underestimate her. She's well aware of what's going on and she's been bottling up her emotions until now but she will most likely explode next week with Hyodo being here. I believe she's been using Gaju (to get back at Hyodo) as much as he's been using her. There is little doubt in my mind she never intended to pair up with him for good.
This is the feeling I get from the preview as well. I've had a feeling for some time now that Shizuku has basically been going with the flow because she's pissed off at something and this is her way of lashing out. I'm very much looking forward to next week now.
Old 2017-08-22, 16:50   Link #122
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I didn't get the impression Tatara is using Mako to get Shizuku. He's mainly doing this because he's pissed off Gaju treats his sister with such disdain. It's just that he tends to get carried away when he's on the dance floor.

And I'm sure Shizuku can handle herself just fine, as shown when she coldly told Tatara not to underestimate her. She's well aware of what's going on and she's been bottling up her emotions until now but she will most likely explode next week with Hyodo being here. I believe she's been using Gaju (to get back at Hyodo) as much as he's been using her. There is little doubt in my mind she never intended to pair up with him for good.
While it's all true, I think it's also true one of Tatara's motivations is, if not to get her for himself, to detach Shizuku from Gaju out of a weird sense of obligation to Hyodo and because Gaju's an asshole. But he completely neglects Shizuku's agency in all this. Does he talk with her about his misgivings over what is, after all, her business rather than his? No. He makes a bet. With Gaju.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-26, 21:26   Link #123
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I really wonder how the heck things are going to get resolved with Hyodo and Shizuku. Outside of her just swallowing her valid complaints and just acting like Hyodo didn't do anything wrong. I can't see that guy admitting he screwed up in not talking anything out with her.

Also kind of hope the show isn't trying to give Gaju some validation for his being a jerk.

Oh well. On the positive side it should be interesting to see Mako 'bloom' out there . Though will make for a challenge. Tatara's stamina is getting chewed up here. Naturally since he hasn't had to dance that much, that hard, in such a short amount of time. Like a lot of sports all that intense movement can really take a lot out of you.

Solid episode.
Old 2017-08-27, 11:37   Link #124
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Shizuku's character arc just got a lot more interesting. She thinks she won't be able to remain a suitable partner for Hyodo for very long because he's a genius, and she heard from his very mouth that he believes Mako can beat her. Now I get why she got so ticked off last week. Shame she didn't actually say anything to Hyodo's face like I expected her too, but it makes sense because her issues turned out to be different than I thought.

I was amused Sengoku can't handle Hyodo's mom. It's the first time he's shown weakness! To his credit, it seems like no men can remain composed around her... for various reasons.
Old 2017-08-27, 21:19   Link #125
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Wouldn't it be funny if Kiyoharu was actually eyeing Mako as a replacement for Shizuku? Tatara losing could be in his best interest.
Old 2017-08-28, 11:13   Link #126
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Wouldn't it be funny if Kiyoharu was actually eyeing Mako as a replacement for Shizuku? Tatara losing could be in his best interest.
"Funny" isn't the word I'd use...
Old 2017-08-28, 15:41   Link #127
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

We all know Kiyoharu's been eying Tatara. He's getting obsessed with the guy.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-28, 16:09   Link #128
orion

Quote:
"Funny" isn't the word I'd use...

Well.... it would solve the partner triangle we're having. Mako becomes Kiyoharu's partner and follows him to wherever. Shizuku stays with Gaju. Tatara is still in training and wouldn't get a permanent partner until later. Tatara would feel bad, but Mako gets the better partner (socially, financially and professionally). It's a win-win situation for Mako.
Old 2017-09-02, 01:07   Link #129
Pen3

In case somebody wondering what dance sport is like in Japan, here is a video of it on youtube. it looks like a real life Tatara LOL
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-03, 00:58   Link #130
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

If nothing else Tatara did a solid job with his goal there. Mako got to shine and really stand out for probably the first time as a dancer. It certainly wasn't balanced with him basically disappearing, but that wasn't the intention for that performance. They wanted to make an impact and they did. Considering Tatara's growing exhaustion it was probably the best move to make anyways. They couldn't stand out otherwise.

The yellow flower stood out there's no doubt there.
Old 2017-09-03, 13:08   Link #131
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Tatara seems to have taken the Frame and Flower concept too far, to the point there wasn't even a Frame left. It was Mako dancing by herself, as the ED itself pointed out (I like that they change it depending on the events of the ep). I agree he probably met his goal, but this isn't a path he should pursue. He's about to get a big lecture from Sengoku.
Old 2017-09-03, 16:31   Link #132
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Tatara seems to have taken the Frame and Flower concept too far, to the point there wasn't even a Frame left. It was Mako dancing by herself, as the ED itself pointed out (I like that they change it depending on the events of the ep). I agree he probably met his goal, but this isn't a path he should pursue. He's about to get a big lecture from Sengoku.
No doubt that long term that isn't a proper way to go about it. It does stand out on this rare occasion, but having one of the pair completely vanish isn't proper going forward. This situation was unique of course. The goal was to have Mako stand out. The less Tatara stood out the better for that particular mission.

I'd hope he doesn't get too much lecturing since doing things within the normal limits wouldn't have been good enough. But just a reminder that long term he needs to remain visible .
Old 2017-09-04, 02:50   Link #133
Westlo
Lets be reality

Hope they announce the next cast members soon....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-10, 12:12   Link #134
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Looks like the competition will finally end next episode. It lasted a bit too long for my taste.

All those flashbacks about Gaju were a rather poor attempt to make him look sympathetic. The fact still remains he's acted like a jerk ever since he was introduced, that he dumped Mako like trash and paired up with Shizuku partly because he finds her hot. I hope they won't tell us he was actually pretending all along in order to give Mako a wake-up call next.
Old 2017-09-10, 15:51   Link #135
Dextro
He Without a Title

Is it just me or did Tatara pull out the siscon in Gaju during this episode?
Old 2017-09-15, 19:56   Link #136
justpassingby

Unison and Mikako-shi are going to perform the 2nd OP and ED for 2nd cour, respectively [natalie]
2nd OP: Invisible Sensation
2nd ED: Swing heart direction

It's going to be a busy month for both of them, with Unison having another single a week after, and Mikako-shi having her birthday live concert about a week earlier.
Personally, I think it's going to be tough to top both 1st cour OP and ED. Keeping my fingers crossed ₍₍ (ง ˘ω˘ )ว ⁾⁾
So, who's voicing Chi-chan by the way?

Edit
Taken from2ch. The poster said it's difficult to read the names, so they might not be accurate.
Chinatsu: Akasaki Chinatsu
Kugimiya: Sakurai Takahiro
Aki: Yuuki Aoi
Chizuru: Kotobuki Minako

Looking forward to the new OP and ED next week.

Last edited by justpassingby; 2017-09-16 at 10:46.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-16, 22:17   Link #137
ArrowSmith

New girl incoming!

#15 finishing #1 was never in doubt.
#23 finishing last was also expected.

Tatara will train 100x as hard now.
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-17, 01:39   Link #138
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowSmith View Post
New girl incoming!

#15 finishing #1 was never in doubt.
#23 finishing last was also expected.

Tatara will train 100x as hard now.
Last of 7 couples in the finals is an amazing feat for a beginner. Mako even got the best partner award and beat Shizuku. It was the best result all around.
Old 2017-09-17, 06:22   Link #139
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Without getting into spoilers does anyone know if the anime as far as pacing in regards to the manga is skipping over anything or is it just progressing this fast i the manga as well?
Old 2017-09-17, 12:24   Link #140
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Tatara's interpretation of the Frame and the Flower paid off. He and Mako won their gamble. Hopefully, Gaju will see Mako in a new light now, and the latter will be more assertive.

Despite his natural talent, Tatara still has a long way to go before he can reach the top.

Tags
ballroom dancing