AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-12-14, 02:16   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 568 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

It's a new week, so that means new Naruto spoilers...which are now released....

Quote:
-Kyuubi's name is revealed!

-Naruto is eaten by the Yonbi...but they become friends and the beast spits him out...

Last edited by james0246; 2011-12-26 at 09:46.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 07:41   Link #2
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Spoiler for 568:
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 07:48   Link #3
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Spoiler for 568:
Spoiler:
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 07:53   Link #4
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-12-26, 07:56   Link #5
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-12-26, 08:00   Link #6
HasuMasu
*Artist

What the hell...that was weird chapter.

Wait wait, so does Shukaku have another name besides Shukaku?
Old 2011-12-26, 08:01   Link #7
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

One tailed Wonder Weasel.
Old 2011-12-26, 08:05   Link #8
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
What the hell...that was weird chapter.

Wait wait, so does Shukaku have another name besides Shukaku?
Maybe Shukaku is his name. Normally, he probably would just be called the one tail.
Old 2011-12-26, 10:34   Link #9
HasuMasu
*Artist

So Shukaku is the only one prior to these events that has been called by his real name, wow.
Old 2011-12-26, 10:47   Link #10
Ero-Senn1n

Many chapters ago they told that Shukaku was some priest or something like that, i can't remember well. So from then on i was wondering if all of these 9 chakra demons were once real people, who were then given 9 parts of the 10-tails' chakra, and then they became immortal and had super-human powers. But in exchange their soul was then bound to the immortal chakra and their real bodies thrown away. Or maybe they were originally not humans but summon animals of the sage of 6 paths. Anyway, it's clear that mere chakra cannot have emotions and intelligence, that is personality, and we see that each tailed beast has one. And it seems clear that they fear that once the chakra is reunited into the 10-tails they will cease to exist. Even if existence is so painful they probably choose to exist instead of dying.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 11:43   Link #11
Shining Celebi
a

Here's another example of Kishimoto retconning - instead of saying tails don't determine power, now he's saying the bijuu had personalities and intelligence all along, unlike what Akatsuki said earlier.

But it was a great chapter, I always wondered why only Shukaku had a name.
Shining Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 12:03   Link #12
ksho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Celebi View Post
Here's another example of Kishimoto retconning - instead of saying tails don't determine power, now he's saying the bijuu had personalities and intelligence all along, unlike what Akatsuki said earlier.

Nah....they were only referring to the 3 tails.

He's apparently the slow one of the group.
ksho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 13:02   Link #13
Kallen4life

Kurama, hmm

i can live with that
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 13:20   Link #14
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Or maybe they were originally not humans but summon animals of the sage of 6 paths. Anyway, it's clear that mere chakra cannot have emotions and intelligence, that is personality, and we see that each tailed beast has one. And it seems clear that they fear that once the chakra is reunited into the 10-tails they will cease to exist. Even if existence is so painful they probably choose to exist instead of dying.
very cool idea! I hope this is what the story will reveal.

really great chapter! I wonder if Son Goku (naruto version lol) was once the king of the monkey summoning tribe and Enma took over for him? similar to the frogs on mount myouboku the apes live at suiren caves?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 14:11   Link #15
christinemarie
Crazy One

Quote:

Similar to the ability of a certain anime character who can wielding seven fire dragons (that requires their recognition and acceptance before they could lend power), with one tsundere fire dragon (similar to Kurama, the Kyuubi)

Since we already know Naruto's bloodline, he probably resembles the Sage of the Six Paths himself.

Next year Naruto manga becomes more interesting with this situation.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 14:35   Link #16
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Similar to the ability of a certain anime character who can wielding seven fire dragons (that requires their recognition and acceptance before they could lend power), with one tsundere fire dragon (similar to Kurama, the Kyuubi)
The main difference though is that, this certain unnamed character was aware of the dragons and wanted their power almost from the start, while in Naruto's case, this only started happening now, in what could be the penultimate arc of the manga. Build up speed is important!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 15:31   Link #17
Xion Valkyrie

Friend no Jutsu is the strongest jutsu for sure.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 16:07   Link #18
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Now Kyuubi will go from shy to jealous that he's not enough for Naruto. Probably angry afterwards, then become a psycho bitch. Naruto will end with nice boats everywhere.
Old 2011-12-26, 17:11   Link #19
Tomislav

Wow, I went trough 568 chapters only to find out that in fact Naruto is no more than a Dragonball side story? I hope at least that Enma could be revived, I liked the summon of the Thrid. And yes, friend no jutsu rulezzz...
Old 2011-12-26, 17:31   Link #20
neshru

Quote:
When did Akatsuki even say that? It was always pretty obvious to me that the one-tail and eight-tails bijuu had a personality...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Anyway, it's clear that mere chakra cannot have emotions and intelligence, that is personality, and we see that each tailed beast has one.
Why is it so clear to you? It's the Naruto world, everything is possible when it involves chakra. And again, we've seen from the past interactions that bijuus definitely are intelligent beings who also have a personality.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote