AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-11-13, 06:21   Link #7241
Fandal

So what she has in common with Hayate is she has all the characteristics Used Can mentioned. In addition to that, bad luck just follows her wherever she goes. Yet at the same time, she's as powerful and strong idol with the abilities that equal that of the higher level characters to be successful? (Mikado, Athena, etc?)

I remember someone a while back a theory saying she was Hayate's and Athena's child. What kind of kid do you get when you mix the personalities of Hayate and Athena together?
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 07:32   Link #7242
Used Can

I don't think Luca is from the future though, since she is, apparently, a well-known figure in the present. She may have gone through situations similar to Hayate's, and their physical resemblance is just to make them even more similar.

Also, is it me, or is Luca the first female we've seen to have been injured to the point of bleeding?
Old 2010-11-13, 13:05   Link #7243
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

i'd laugh my ass off if suddenly Luca eventually becomes Hayate's pick at the end...i dont know why...just saiyan
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 13:25   Link #7244
Used Can

It'd make you wonder which one is Hayate, and which one is the girl.
Old 2010-11-13, 13:53   Link #7245
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
It'd make you wonder which one is Hayate, and which one is the girl.
Luckily Luca doesn't appear to be able to play the part of a counter-trap.
Dress up as a male and pull the part off well.

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 14:07   Link #7246
New/Old
Old to the New

Quote:
she had nothing buy 12 yen on her
It can't be just a coincidence that both Luca and Hayate were left with twelve yen and a huge debt.
Old 2010-11-13, 14:22   Link #7247
GlassesLady
dat apple

I'm pretty sure Yukiji was left with only 12 yen once. Hata just seems to like the number 12.

Anyway, Luca's situation is reminding me of a dirt-poor idol from another series....

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 14:48   Link #7248
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassesLady View Post
I'm pretty sure Yukiji was left with only 12 yen once. Hata just seems to like the number 12.
Quote:
Originally Posted by New/Old View Post
It can't be just a coincidence that both Luca and Hayate were left with twelve yen and a huge debt.
Hayate and Luca: 12 yen and a huge debt. Wasn't Hayate left with 12 yen when he was kicked out of the mansion for three days as well?
Yukiji: 12 yen (while waiting for payday) and had a huge debt in her past.
Wonder if Hina-tan and Yukiji survived on 12 yen while they were handling that debt?

Yea, Hata's lucky number is probably 12. Is Hayate's harem going to number twelve in the end before he chooses one? We're nearing that point too @.@

... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Old 2010-11-13, 22:58   Link #7249
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Maybe he plans to run the series for 12 years
Old 2010-11-13, 23:20   Link #7250
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
Yea, Hata's lucky number is probably 12. Is Hayate's harem going to number twelve in the end before he chooses one? We're nearing that point too @.@
Yep, Hayate is going to have 12 harem members, one for each zodiac sign. Once he collected all of them the path to the royal garden will be reopened.
Old 2010-11-13, 23:48   Link #7251
Used Can

Maybe Hata went through financial hardships at some point and he had nothing but 12 yen on him. Now, he's reflecting this experience through his characters.
Old 2010-11-14, 02:10   Link #7252
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Yep, Hayate is going to have 12 harem members, one for each zodiac sign. Once he collected all of them the path to the royal garden will be reopened.
Except if there's a Fruits Basket reference, in which case he'd have to find his 13th for it to end. Or maybe he's already found the 13th in Athena (alternate personality of Midas) and just needs to complete the set?
Maybe that's why the power of the gods was kept from Mikado and the other two, they didn't have the required 12 relationships?
*cackle*

Old 2010-11-14, 03:59   Link #7253
Used Can

Yukariko must have been quite the madam.
Old 2010-11-14, 04:43   Link #7254
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Yukariko must have been quite the madam.
And no one knows it better than Wataru's mom.
Old 2010-11-14, 12:00   Link #7255
GlassesLady
dat apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
Maybe he plans to run the series for 12 years
In which case, assuming that the series ends on Christmas Eve, means that one month inside = one year outside. Which means that if we're right about 12 days in the Royal Garden = one day outside, the RG runs on real time.
Dayum.

Old 2010-11-14, 13:10   Link #7256
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassesLady View Post
In which case, assuming that the series ends on Christmas Eve, means that one month inside = one year outside. Which means that if we're right about 12 days in the Royal Garden = one day outside, the RG runs on real time.
Dayum.
ten no koe (narrator) confirmed to being in the royal garden
Old 2010-11-19, 04:03   Link #7257
aeromono

I'm not sure where this is going, hopefully this won't turn into another story about a budding mangaka duo (hell we already have a cocky kid as rival like in Bakuman).
Frankly I thought we were going to see something awesome since Nagi realized her own limits and started to focus on her study. Aspiring scientist? Enterprising entrepreneur? Then it's back to drawing doujinshi and being an otaku again.
Perhaps this arc is supposed to be a parody of Bakuman (minus the actual jokes), perhaps it is to introduce Luca... I just hope the author is not intending to get serious with this mangaka plot line and make that Nagi's actual career, though Hayate's words are ominous ("People who give up on their dreams will always be cursed by them").
aeromono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 05:33   Link #7258
Mentar
Banned

My secret hope is that Luca is destined to become Nagi's "match". The Flash-forward from the beginning of the arc (Nagi running away in tears cursing Luca) seems to indicate that this arc is going to be about the story between Nagi and Luca, and this chapter almost has "Nagi falling in love" kind of vibes.

At the least, my fears that we get yet ANOTHER female lead pining after Hayate (we would need that as much as a bathtub needs front spoilers) are put to rest a bit...
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 12:21   Link #7259
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

I get a feeling from the past few chapters that Luca is going to become Hina-tan's rival instead of the rival to Nagi that we all thought she would become at the start of the arc.

Luca seems to be an idol (even seeming to have some sort of manager?)
Hinagiku could probably easily become such.

Old 2010-11-19, 19:20   Link #7260
GlassesLady
dat apple

Umm.... I'm not really sure what sort of logic your using to deduce that Hina is likely to become an idol any time soon. If it's just 'she could easily become one', that could apply to a lot of other characters as well, so I'm not sure why you'd decide on her. She doesn't even seem to have a significant role in this arc. There's really no logical connection here.

Tags
comedy, shounen