AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-12-10, 11:01   Link #2981
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Send a message via MSN to Nadeor
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinseiTom View Post
Long time lurker, and I don't know why I did it.... but I think I managed to get the Chinese patch. One of the links on that page (the jshare one) eventually led to me downloading a 27.7 MB zip file with 海猫鸣泣之时 出题篇.exe and an arc3.nsa file.

Would this be what you are looking for?

http://www.mediafire.com/?xiyqxjyjtzj
I believe that's possibly the Patch
Good work, kudos to you, and thanks
Nadeor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 14:10   Link #2982
ShinseiTom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeor View Post
I believe that's possibly the Patch
Good work, kudos to you, and thanks
It's amazing some of the things you'll distract yourself with when you don't want to study...
Anyway, you're welcome. I'm all-for people getting to read Umineko in some form or fashion. What language it's in doesn't matter in the end, as long as the story (and in this case, arguments) gets across. Since I can't read Chinese myself though... I hope it's the right one.

Now I'm just waiting for the release of EP5. Looking forward to it, whenever it drops!
ShinseiTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 20:43   Link #2983
Number1-Syaoran-Fan
Your's In Gold, Beatrice

OK I probably sound like a total noob, but I heard about people getting Umineko on their DS and I was just wondering how they connect their DS to their PC?

"I... I really like your bow."
Number1-Syaoran-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 21:00   Link #2984
Bocom
Rare postage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1-Syaoran-Fan View Post
OK I probably sound like a total noob, but I heard about people getting Umineko on their DS and I was just wondering how they connect their DS to their PC?
They use flashcarts designed to run homebrew software. These usually use microSD cards to store and read data. To write to and read from a microSD card, you'd need either a microSD card reader or a microSD adapter that makes the card fit inside another port, for example a microSD-to-SD card adapter and then use it in a SD card reader.
Bocom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 21:38   Link #2985
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
So, of the 25 people who downloaded my "rename oggs" file, how has it worked?
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 09:35   Link #2986
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Thanks, Shinsei, but it's not working even when I put it into the folder of my game. It says "Cannot open boxfile". Is there some special way I'm supposed to apply the patch?
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 10:28   Link #2987
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Send a message via MSN to Nadeor
Hmm...have you installed EP4 correctly?
Oh perhaps, check your system if it meets the standard settings of EP4, install anything you need to install

Anyways, here's EP5 chinese translation patch in case if anyone wants it
http://bbs.acgol.cn/viewthread.php?t...extra=page%3D1
please scan w/ your Anti-Virus software after download
Nadeor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 11:03   Link #2988
aurr
Kalulu sorceress - lvl 4

Hello! I'm mostly lurking here, but...
Christmas is going to come soon, and I thought I could get EP4 with English patch as a present. But, I have a problem. If I would set my computer language to Japanese, aftr installing the game, how Witch Hunt wrote, how can I set it back to Engliish, without knowing any Japanese? I haven't done something like this before, so I'm clueless.
...You can set it back, right?
I jus tthought, if someone could guide me to this, before I try to get the game and fail miserably... Please, someone, who has installed the game, help me a bit?
Sorry, if this is in the wrong place, I just thought that Q&A would be the even wronger, and it seems that you can post here any problems with getting the patch.
Thanks in advance!
aurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 11:08   Link #2989
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Yup, I played with the English patch with no problems, and it opens fine in Japanese as well.
Old 2009-12-11, 11:14   Link #2990
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

None of the links for EP5's patch are working either. Ugh.

Although the FAQ question about EP5 being edible was pretty amusing though.
Old 2009-12-11, 11:25   Link #2991
LaplaceNoMa

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurr View Post
Christmas is going to come soon, and I thought I could get EP4 with English patch as a present. But, I have a problem. If I would set my computer language to Japanese, aftr installing the game, how Witch Hunt wrote, how can I set it back to Engliish, without knowing any Japanese? I haven't done something like this before, so I'm clueless.
I jus tthought, if someone could guide me to this, before I try to get the game and fail miserably... Please, someone, who has installed the game, help me a bit?
Sorry, if this is in the wrong place, I just thought that Q&A would be the even wronger, and it seems that you can post here any problems with getting the patch.
Thanks in advance!
You don't need Japanese MUI, you need just the Japanese locale. It won't change the language of your system so there won't be any problems.
LaplaceNoMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 11:47   Link #2992
DKnight768
Mii~

Quote:
Thanks in advance!
You only have to change "language for non unicode programs". The system will remain in english, only some stuff will change (for example slashes in paths will be replaced by the yen symbol, at least that's what happens in my computer). Your system won't be in Japanese.
DKnight768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 12:47   Link #2993
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

You only need to do that for the installation. Once the game is properly installed, you can switch the locale back to english and then start onscripter-en.exe of the patch

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 13:07   Link #2994
Workworkwork

Quote:
Thanks in advance!
Everything's still in English besides yen replacing slash, as Jan-Poo said.

Make sure you switch it back though if you intend to play foreign games from other countries. I had a huge headache trying to get something to work before I realized I just needed to switch the locale back.
Workworkwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 16:22   Link #2995
Aigis

Not to sound like a complaining brat, but was episode 2 half-assed, or do I have an old translation, or what?
[I patched the version that includes all four episodes]

I've been reading it for two hours now, and I think I saw at least half a dozen mistakes.
Comparatively, episode 1 was absolutely flawless and very well written. [And explained]

Kind of a small complaint, I guess, but after being spoiled by episode 1, it's kind of hard to go back to stuff like forgetting "have" after would, etc.
Aigis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 16:27   Link #2996
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

We went back and made heavy revisions on EP1. The first two games were done before the team was fully assembled, so a lot of us weren't on board at the time (including myself). So... yeah, you have an old translation, but there isn't a newer one--there just hasn't been time. And with people clamoring for their EP5 fix (soon to be followed by cries for EP6), is that really so surprising?
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 16:28   Link #2997
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I guess you've got the last patch because originally episode1 was the one with the most errors. I've never read the newest patch of Ep1 but since it was recently corrected you are probably noticing the differences.

Strange though because I don't remember many errors in Ep2...

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 16:36   Link #2998
Aigis

No, I'm certainly not blaming you, I really appreciate the effort that went into this. [Honestly, it's a boatload of text and localization problems]

Thanks for the clarifications though. It's not a big deal, and the errors aren't that frequent, it was just something that really hits you after Episode 1.

Thanks again for the fantastic work.

Also, to the above, the errors I've seen were a missing word twice or so, and some weird use of punctuation.
[Again, no biggggie]
Aigis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 22:41   Link #2999
ShinseiTom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
Thanks, Shinsei, but it's not working even when I put it into the folder of my game. It says "Cannot open boxfile". Is there some special way I'm supposed to apply the patch?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeor View Post
Hmm...have you installed EP4 correctly?
Oh perhaps, check your system if it meets the standard settings of EP4, install anything you need to install

Anyways, here's EP5 chinese translation patch in case if anyone wants it
http://bbs.acgol.cn/viewthread.php?t...extra=page%3D1
please scan w/ your Anti-Virus software after download
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
None of the links for EP5's patch are working either. Ugh.

Although the FAQ question about EP5 being edible was pretty amusing though.
Ok..... well I went ahead and tried again:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/j2ntty...7;丁.rar
I got this, once again, from the j-share link, since it's the one that always works.

That's the file I got. Inside is 海猫鸣泣之时散ep5汉化补丁.exe and 自述文件.txt. Hope this helps some...
ShinseiTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 01:42   Link #3000
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Thanks for your help, but this time it's "unable to open archive file". D:

Tags
translation