AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody - episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 157 46.87%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 88 26.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 57 17.01%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 6.27%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 1.79%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.30%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.30%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 1.19%
Voters: 335. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-21, 12:55   Link #41
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Now to find out if the episode was actually good or not. Cause the new ending is kind of meh.....
Missing the old one already?

Old 2009-05-21, 13:00   Link #42
Kyanme
suzuya_luvrx666

Send a message via AIM to Kyanme Send a message via MSN to Kyanme
I liked the new ED. I don't think you can top Hare Hare Yukai, ever, so I'm glad they didn't do a new dance. (Now watch, if there's a new OP, it'll contain dancing. )

I don't understand moonspeak, but I honestly was floored by this episode. Not just for the "new episode euphoria"; the animation, art, voice acting, even the BGM held my attention the full episode. If the rest of the new episodes are as enjoyable as this one was, then it was well worth the wait and trolling.

That said, can't wait for the soundtrack already. I loved all of the music so far, though the ED will have to grow on me. Then again, I didn't like Bouken Desho? or Hare Hare Yukai as songs, either... /lynched!

Now the agonizing wait for subs. :C

tumblr | i don't have any other links to post here, whoops
Old 2009-05-21, 13:02   Link #43
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Missing the old one already?
It just kind of sounds like the Saki ending to be honest.....only with less cracked out animation. Not that it's awful or anything, I just kind of expected them to push it to the limit because this is supposed to be like the "return of the goddess" or whatever it is that other people are always saying. Then again they lost the guy that did all of those dance openings so I can't say I'm surprised at the change in style much and really it's sort of refreshing.
Old 2009-05-21, 13:03   Link #44
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by topboy View Post
haruhi,yuki look same as 1st season but mikuru is look weird :
It looks like the Lucky Star art style sneaked in there somewhere. Also, I'm only comparing it to Lucky Star because I don't know the actual term for it (it's more pronounced in K-On).

I base this mainly on the shape of the mouth (and the slight deformation of the face to be more "puni puni") and the blush pattern: in the first season, the blushing is more uniform across the face, while it seems more concentrated around the nose region here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
"Faith manages"
I agree completely.
Old 2009-05-21, 13:07   Link #45
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

For the character designs, I find everyone looking shorter than before lol

For the girls, their hair has gotten bigger, so they're heads look even bigger than before.

For guys, especially Kyon, he just seemed to have a shorter body, maybe because of larger hair volume as well.

But as long as they're animated and moving like they used to, there's nothing bad.

EDIT: lol, I've quoted a few times "I find your lack of faith disturbing.", to those unfaithful ones. They've been going "lol Haruhists" at me for 3 years.

Haruhists should have faith in Haruhi-sama, not Kadokawa or Kyoani.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-05-21, 13:09   Link #46
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
But still, f*ck you Kadokawa for such an elaborate trolling.
Keeping this under wraps for so long, the small leaks of information, the fact that nobody really knew until a few minutes ago. They shouldn't be hated for that. To pull off something on that level for a company makes them earn my respect.
Old 2009-05-21, 13:11   Link #47
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Keeping this under wraps for so long, the small leaks of information, the fact that nobody really knew until a few minutes ago. They shouldn't be hated for that. To pull off something on that level for a company makes them earn my respect.
Of course I knew that. I should add a LOL behind that sentence so people don't actually treat that seriously.

(I keep forgetting some people just don't get the Brit dry sense of humour with its generous usage of the f-word)
Old 2009-05-21, 13:11   Link #48
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyanme View Post
That said, can't wait for the soundtrack already. I loved all of the music so far, though the ED will have to grow on me. Then again, I didn't like Bouken Desho? or Hare Hare Yukai as songs, either... /lynched!
Weirdly, I fell in love with Hare Hare Yukai the first time I heard it, but Bouken Deshou Deshou took several episodes before I saw it as more than Just Another Song. I'm not entirely sure why; it could be the chord progression or something.

Tomare currently feels like BDD did: Just Another Song. It's not bad as such, but I'll need to listen to it more before I can pick out all the musical flourishes which are inevitably in there.

(I should mention that I liked Lucky Star's Motteke Sailor Fuku because I thought the bass line was hilariously complicated.)

EDIT:
x invariably
o inevitably

I need more sleep.
Old 2009-05-21, 13:14   Link #49
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Of course I knew that. I should add a LOL behind that sentence so people don't actually treat that seriously.

(I keep forgetting some people just don't get the Brit dry sense of humour with colourful use of the f-word)
Understood. My mistake.
Old 2009-05-21, 13:14   Link #50
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

It's funny how Kadokawa redeemed itself in only 20 minutes. After all these years, all this trolling. I was there in the first row, I saw it, still... it's so hard to believe!
Old 2009-05-21, 13:18   Link #51
Peanutbutter

My 25 mins of bliss is complete. I don't know whether it's better than sex though cause I'm still a virgin.

Spoiler for BLR:
Old 2009-05-21, 13:38   Link #52
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

The Goddess returns! And may she bring Kyonko & Itsuko into reality!
Old 2009-05-21, 13:43   Link #53
Semantics
Ahhh, the irony.

I'm a bit giddy from watching the ED alone. Though, it could be due to the dual onslaught of its epileptic nature AND the news that Haruhi's finally back. Yippeeeeeee!

I loved the running. And nobody does hair like Kyoani. Nobody.
Old 2009-05-21, 14:00   Link #54
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Art was... well, it was pretty crap, relatively speaking. ED isn't really that great either.

Otherwise the episode was excellent. But the art quality was one of the main draws in Haruhi for me, and so...

7/10.
Old 2009-05-21, 14:49   Link #55
dark-kyon

wow waiting sub version of coal guys.look his web is funny.

http://coalguys.com/
Old 2009-05-21, 14:54   Link #56
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Quote:
wow waiting sub version of coal guys.look his web is funny.

http://coalguys.com/
Well...

http://oresama.pl/
http://www.ggkthx.org/
Old 2009-05-21, 15:00   Link #57
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

So then, is the SHiN-gx Fansubs file a fake? They don't have it on their website, nor is it on their tracker.
Darn you, K-On!, for making me skeptical about everything now!
Old 2009-05-21, 15:06   Link #58
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Well I decided to forgo all the formalities and such and put up a first impression of this episode over on AH.

Loved the music by Lantis (they're starting to feel a bit like the Vangelis of the anime industry.....okay maybe not that good), but the pacing of the episode and what story events got the most time spent on them left me a touch cold in terms of reaction having already read the novel. Not enough to make this a poor episode or anything though, just not enough to make it a great one.
Old 2009-05-21, 15:18   Link #59
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

It feels like the 'good o' haruhi', then something that feels over-amazing that can't be describe with words. It's a good episode, reminds me why I liked Haruhi from the first place.

If I haven't read the novel before hand, I'm sure this episode would be much better. I remember reading this part during school time, and I wanted to read more of it, so I read it in maths.
Old 2009-05-21, 15:42   Link #60
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Pardon me whilst I bask in the light of an unfamiliar universe.... one in which there's a new Haruhi episode.

Haven't seen it yet but perhaps later this evening...

Almost to the day when I was notified that my Nagato shipped.... o.-