AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-06-20, 21:58   Link #3961
Who

I think the technical term for it would be a friendly rival? He is trying to one up (perhaps one-up is a bad term because of the negative connotation but I can't think of a synonym at the moment) Haruto like in the case with the dish he ordered taking two days, but didn't really take it badly when Haruto saw through it.

Personally, I think their friendship took a hit since the whole revelation (through their eyes) about Eba being Haruto's ex was let out, but it was more of a glancing hit and there wasn't really any damage done due to Kazama's easygoing nature and Haruto being patient. Pretty much agreeing with what's been said but looking at it from another angle.

In any case, this was a pretty nice chapter.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-21, 00:35   Link #3962
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
I think the technical term for it would be a friendly rival? He is trying to one up (perhaps one-up is a bad term because of the negative connotation but I can't think of a synonym at the moment) Haruto like in the case with the dish he ordered taking two days, but didn't really take it badly when Haruto saw through it.

Personally, I think their friendship took a hit since the whole revelation (through their eyes) about Eba being Haruto's ex was let out, but it was more of a glancing hit and there wasn't really any damage done due to Kazama's easygoing nature and Haruto being patient. Pretty much agreeing with what's been said but looking at it from another angle.

In any case, this was a pretty nice chapter.
so right now.....
verdicts are....
Eba: still unknown.... but the hammer is starting to wane....
Kazama: so guys... what shall it be?
Haruto: some says hes a wuss for getting close with the enemy.... but others think.... its a..... your thoughts?
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-21, 08:34   Link #3963
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Eba: I used to be a huge fan of hers, but now I can't stand her. Between the personality change from cheerful and bubbly to the fact that she has no qualms about lying to Haruto and doesn't trust him, I've come to realize... there's just much better girls out there. No matter what reasons she has right now, unless it's something HUGE, like her being forced to do this under threat of death, I won't be happy with her ending up with Haruto. Honestly, I can't really see what either of them sees in her or why they'd go so far to get her. Other than being cute, she's become quite a horrible person, even if she thinks she's doing a good deed.

Kazama: I like him enough, but pulling a "I'm dying" card to get a girl feels cheap. Not only is it unfair to the girl, but he'd have to know that it wouldn't be real. He ranks up there complete moron, but he seems to be pushing Eba away a bit now that he knows more of the truth (and the fact that she's been hiding a ton of crap from him, too).

Haruto: The man's an idiot pure and simple. Putting a guy he's barely known for a week or two on the same level as his girlfriend is extremely hard to accept. Him going after Eba after what she's done is even more mind-boggling.

Maybe it's just that I prefer a bit more realism in my mangas as I get older. I just can't understand this whole Tokyo arc from a rational point of view. Yes, I know emotions cloud logic, but even emotionally, Haruto right now would be doing his best to get away from Eba after finding out she's been lying to him and that's he not actually her most important person. Kazama, as well, considering all this stuff she hasn't told him... like the fact that she had a boyfriend at all. Even if I was dying, I'd never try to take a girl from the guy she loves, and her not even mentioning it to him while he was first asking her out throws even more doubt on Eba.
Old 2010-06-21, 09:24   Link #3964
Mentar
Banned

Eba's not a "horrible" person. She's a fairly simple person with a very kind disposition. A bit naive, but she's got no malicious bone in her body. That's how everybody save Rin is seeing her in the manga, and as a reader, I'd concur. But it's obvious that she'd be a terrible match for many readers in this thread, who display an extremely self-centered interpretation of relationships.

Likewise, Haruto is no "idiot". He is shares alot of traits with Eba, which makes him much more compatible. Instead of donning a selfish "how could the do that to ME??" perspective, he's rather concentrating on "what made HER do this?" and "how can I win her back?" - in short, he's in love. Simple as that. Kazama _is_ a likable guy, so why should he feel emnity towards him? After all, it seems obvious that he didn't know that Eba wasn't unattached when he asked.

With a bit of life experience under my belt, I must say that I find these characters fairly _human_ and likable. And seeing with how much scorn and ridicule people are treated who display a certain amount of gentleness and a LACK of "I ME MINE" mentality saddens me a bit. If any of them were among my friends, I'd wish them the best.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-21, 09:46   Link #3965
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Welcome to the human race, but the way you're portraying people who don't like Eba is quite unfair. You're making everyone out the be thoroughly selfish for thinking of only themselves and NOT thinking of the other person. What if you're wife cheated on you with another guy? Would you wonder why she did it and then say "I'm going to get her back", despite her not wanting you to? As I've mentioned before, that's an open invitation for the people of the world to walk all over you. You need to have some self-preservation and getting hurt by someone you love and reacting negatively to it is quite human. It doesn't make people selfish or bad at all.

I can understand where people want to be gentle, but personally in this situation, I think the characters are acting very unrealistically. Eba may not be purposely hurting people, and in her mind she may think she's doing the right thing, but a person can still be horrible without being malicious. I've seen many people throughout history who thought they were right and doing something for the greater good, but they ended up hurting people.

Believe me, I've had quite a bit of life experience myself. Not quite as much as you, but quite a bit more than most people on these boards. I've learned to look at both sides of things and accept other people's views, even if they don't agree with my own.

And I can feel enmity towards Kazama for basically guilting her into going out with him. Even if he's dying, that's quite a cowardly and horrible thing to do. Yes, you can sympathize with him, but if it were me, I'd never put another person in that position. It's just selfish and cruel to them.
Old 2010-06-21, 10:25   Link #3966
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Welcome to the human race, but the way you're portraying people who don't like Eba is quite unfair. You're making everyone out the be thoroughly selfish for thinking of only themselves and NOT thinking of the other person.
Okay, so let's look at the analogy you gave. It indicates alot.

Quote:
What if you're wife cheated on you with another guy?
Eba was never married to Haruto, she was merely _dating_ him long-distance. Also, she didn't cheat on him, but rather she dumped him and then got together with Kazama.

These obvious differences between your analogy and reality are supposed to emphasize an aspect of betrayal which wasn't there. And it's screaming "HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?". Just as I said. "ME".

Quote:
Would you wonder why she did it and then say "I'm going to get her back", despite her not wanting you to?
Naturally I would want to understand why she did it. Of course, what else? It seems that you would consider it a natural reaction to curse her and wish her the worst, but if you're _really_ in love, that's not the natural reaction. It's rather to get back the person you love. If you don't even have this impulse, you're not loving her. You're loving yourself, and hating her for doing you wrong.

Quote:
As I've mentioned before, that's an open invitation for the people of the world to walk all over you. You need to have some self-preservation and getting hurt by someone you love and reacting negatively to it is quite human. It doesn't make people selfish or bad at all.
It's perfectly fine to come to the conclusion that after knowing what led to things, and after understanding the whole situation, you decide to stop your pursuit and leave it be. However, it's also perfectly fine to say "I still love her and want to try to get her back". Your emphasis is on the "HOW COULD SHE DO THIS TO ME? UNFORGIVABLE!" perspective, Haruto's emphasis is on "SO THAT'S WHY. CAN'T HELP IT, I STILL WANT HER BACK". He doesn't see her as evil/horrible', so why should he stop pursuing her, especially since she's visibly unhappy in her current situation, and might easily have a change of heart - at the very least, in 1 year?

Quote:
I can understand where people want to be gentle, but personally in this situation, I think the characters are acting very unrealistically.
The situation is very unusual, but that's in the nature of manga material. It's not impossible. And if you haven't had a friend who pursued a girl he loved to some extremes, then that's sad. I have. More than one. And have been in a variation of Haruto's shoes myself, even though I didn't go quite as far.

Quote:
Eba may not be purposely hurting people, and in her mind she may think she's doing the right thing, but a person can still be horrible without being malicious. I've seen many people throughout history who thought they were right and doing something for the greater good, but they ended up hurting people.
But who are you criticizing? So Eba decided to break up what she saw as a faltering brief LD relationship and care for a terminally ill friend she owed. She discouraged Haruto to a degree of not even replying to him. If he gets hurt due to moving to her in pursuit and seeing her again while she cannot respond to his feelings, is that Eba's fault?

Yes, you often hurt people inadvertedly. THAT'S LIFE. That alone doesn't make anyone "horrible" though.
Old 2010-06-21, 10:54   Link #3967
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Eba: I used to be a huge fan of hers, but now I can't stand her. Between the personality change from cheerful and bubbly to the fact that she has no qualms about lying to Haruto and doesn't trust him, I've come to realize... there's just much better girls out there. No matter what reasons she has right now, unless it's something HUGE, like her being forced to do this under threat of death, I won't be happy with her ending up with Haruto. Honestly, I can't really see what either of them sees in her or why they'd go so far to get her. Other than being cute, she's become quite a horrible person, even if she thinks she's doing a good deed.
We still don't know the course of events that led to Yuzuki going out with Kazama. I think after she saw Haruto with Nanami, she decided it was best for Haruto to stay with a girl like Nanami and have herself support Kazama. I don't think we'll ever find out the true order of events because it doesn't really matter to Haruto (although I would like to know myself).

Quote:
Kazama: I like him enough, but pulling a "I'm dying" card to get a girl feels cheap. Not only is it unfair to the girl, but he'd have to know that it wouldn't be real. He ranks up there complete moron, but he seems to be pushing Eba away a bit now that he knows more of the truth (and the fact that she's been hiding a ton of crap from him, too).
If he had known about Yuzuki and Haruto, he would not have done it.

Quote:
Haruto: The man's an idiot pure and simple. Putting a guy he's barely known for a week or two on the same level as his girlfriend is extremely hard to accept. Him going after Eba after what she's done is even more mind-boggling.
No one is perfect, nor is love. Seo's recurring theme is love no matter what. Despite any shortcomings the heroine has, the protagonist will unconditionally love them.
Old 2010-06-21, 11:03   Link #3968
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Okay, so let's look at the analogy you gave. It indicates alot.

Eba was never married to Haruto, she was merely _dating_ him long-distance. Also, she didn't cheat on him, but rather she dumped him and then got together with Kazama.

These obvious differences between your analogy and reality are supposed to emphasize an aspect of betrayal which wasn't there. And it's screaming "HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?". Just as I said. "ME".

Naturally I would want to understand why she did it. Of course, what else? It seems that you would consider it a natural reaction to curse her and wish her the worst, but if you're _really_ in love, that's not the natural reaction. It's rather to get back the person you love. If you don't even have this impulse, you're not loving her. You're loving yourself, and hating her for doing you wrong.

It's perfectly fine to come to the conclusion that after knowing what led to things, and after understanding the whole situation, you decide to stop your pursuit and leave it be. However, it's also perfectly fine to say "I still love her and want to try to get her back". Your emphasis is on the "HOW COULD SHE DO THIS TO ME? UNFORGIVABLE!" perspective, Haruto's emphasis is on "SO THAT'S WHY. CAN'T HELP IT, I STILL WANT HER BACK". He doesn't see her as evil/horrible', so why should he stop pursuing her, especially since she's visibly unhappy in her current situation, and might easily have a change of heart - at the very least, in 1 year?

The situation is very unusual, but that's in the nature of manga material. It's not impossible. And if you haven't had a friend who pursued a girl he loved to some extremes, then that's sad. I have. More than one. And have been in a variation of Haruto's shoes myself, even though I didn't go quite as far.

But who are you criticizing? So Eba decided to break up what she saw as a faltering brief LD relationship and care for a terminally ill friend she owed. She discouraged Haruto to a degree of not even replying to him. If he gets hurt due to moving to her in pursuit and seeing her again while she cannot respond to his feelings, is that Eba's fault?

Yes, you often hurt people inadvertedly. THAT'S LIFE. That alone doesn't make anyone "horrible" though.
I'd considering someone coming into my life, turning it upside down, forcing herself on me (she did with that kiss), saying she's going to "make me fall for her" and succeeding, accepting my confession only to suddenly dump me by a letter without any decency to tell me to my face or even return my call to say it's over, a betrayal. Not on par with someone I love cheating on me, of course, but it still fits. Obviously, trying to compare them one for one-- it'd be like trying to compare someone who stole a candy bar to someone who committed murder and giving them the same punishment-- but it's still a betrayal. She was the one who initiated the whole thing and then she decides to change her mind. It almost makes her seem like she was toying with him. I don't believe she was, but I can understand why some people have that view. She came into his life, made him fall for her and then gave up as soon as things started to get a bit rough.

I've been in love before. I've been betrayed. I've been really hurt by it and I was angry. I had every reason to be. It was a natural human emotion so please don't tell me I wasn't really in love because I didn't go out of my way to find out why she did it. I was hurt deeply and though I did want to help her (she had a relapse of drug abuse at the time), I never once thought that I'd want her back after what she did. I couldn't trust her again. But saying that I wasn't really in love is very wrong point of view and, no offense, but also a bit conceited. People are different and react differently to situations. I've never once said that you're way is wrong. I just don't agree with it myself and I am aware there are people who go out of their way to get back the women who've hurt them. I personally don't think it's worth it, but that doesn't make my view wrong either, just different.

As for the final part, I am criticizing Eba for the reasons I mentioned in the first paragraph. Not responding is the worst thing she could have done. Breaking up by letter and then cutting off all contact like that, how could she not think that he'd believe something is wrong with all the times she's already gotten herself in trouble? Ignorance (and in her case, some rampant stupidity) isn't an excuse. And anyone with common sense would have told Kazama the first time that she was seeing someone else.

@DragoZero: I understand that we don't know all of Eba's reasons yet. But I'm not holding my breath for anything really good, either. This is Seo we're talking about. The king of slow. As for Kazama, he may not have pulled the dying card if he knew about Eba and Haruto, but the fact that he played it at all is wrong. Even if I was dying, if someone had rejected me multiple times, I'd at least suspect there was another guy and I'd definitely know that she didn't want to go out with me. I would never guilt her into it because that would be very selfish and mean to them, especially if they did like someone else. As for Haruto, I know that's Seo's theme, but I also don't think it's a great theme. Sometimes, it pays to chase after someone, but there are times when it's better to move on, especially when there are much better girls waiting for you elsewhere. I swear, in a Seo manga, the heroine can be a murdering psychopath who sleeps around and Seo would make the main character pursue her.

And there's also some other things that seem weird. If there's no big reason behind actions, like many think... then why would her family not know about Haruto (except for Rin it seems). Her mom didn't seem aware they were ever going out. And why not tell Kazama that they were dating when they first started dating? Was she ashamed of him? Or was he just not important enough to mention? If there isn't some other big reason for her secrecy, then that right there casts doubt on her character and is one of the reasons I dislike her.

Last edited by KLGChaos; 2010-06-21 at 11:15.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-21, 13:26   Link #3969
H23

Now Haruto just sounded like a Grade-A douche in the beginning of this chapter...

"Yo - You weren't doing anything weird, were you?"

The shit?? Even if Eba only went out with the guy because of pity, you shouldn't be surprised if he snuck in a kiss or two (with or without Haruto around), or maybe even if he was laying the smacketh down on her in the hospital bed since she technically is his girlfriend!
Old 2010-06-21, 13:48   Link #3970
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
so right now.....
verdicts are....
Eba: still unknown.... but the hammer is starting to wane....
Kazama: so guys... what shall it be?
Haruto: some says hes a wuss for getting close with the enemy.... but others think.... its a..... your thoughts?
Eba: Personally, the harshest thing I can say for her is that she's an idiot, but teenagers rarely have common sense. It's strange for me to not hold any hate, because I was involved with a girl like her back in high school, except the guy who was also in the picture was the exact opposite of Kazama. What she saw in him, I have no idea (and that's as far as I go with trash talking someone behind their back). I was furious, humiliated and all sorts of stuff, but now that I look back, she was wrecked with indecisiveness, like Eba (I talk to her friends too and they told me these things a year after I graduated... like I needed to know). I don't hold any "hate" for Eba. Do I think she went about things in a less than admirable way? Yeah, like not being direct as others have said, but I'm more or less neutral about her. I do prefer the other girls but I've seen worse, in both fiction and real life.

Kazama: I'm not too sure on this guy. If it were any other (normal) guy, I'm pretty sure they would've told Haruto, "tough luck, bro". But I realize everyone's different and Kazama is no exception. Is it the mentality of someone who supposedly has one year left to live? Probably not. Most people I've known who suffered terminal illness were depressed, even with loved ones at their side. All in all, putting the whole triangle thing aside, he is likeable. Even with the whole love triangle thing, he's not being a dickhole (or realistic, if you want to put it that way) and saying "eff off, Haru, she's my girl now".

Haruto: I feel as though I can relate to this guy to a certain extent. character is admirable. Stubborn? Yes. Flawed? No one's perfect. But he tries to takes everyone involved into consideration, even if the reward benefits him most. The tomatoes, the pep talk to Eba in the most recent chapter and just accepting Kazama's requests. It's likeable. I've seen people call him a doormat, pussy, wuss and everything, but I disagree. Being one of those three (or all) would be more along the lines of accepting that Kazama is Eba's boyfriend, and Haruto only aspiring to be Eba's "eunuch" and Kazama's slave chef. Instead, what he's gone and done is tread the line between being a "doormat" and "asshole". It's a small zone where many people don't fit into because as individuals, we tend to look out for ourselves mostly, even if it is subconscious.

tl;dr? Eba's okay, Kazama's a bit too cheerful for a dying person (good mindset, though), Haruto's pretty damn mature and tolerant.

Of course, you're all free to disagree but I see them that way cause well... I was raised by my parents to try and focus on the good qualities of people and be tolerant of them.

@H23: Yeah, it was slightly OOC for Haruto (or not? I forget how many snide comments he made in the beginning of the series) but I doubt he'd go beyond a few of those sniping comments here and there. Well, actually, declaring war on Kazama is going beyond but I mean, now that he's already gone and declared it, that's pretty much the most rudeness I see coming from him which is minor in my opinion.

Last edited by Who; 2010-06-21 at 14:55. Reason: few grammatical mistakes here and there and added something
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-21, 19:37   Link #3971
Dorsai

I didnt read this forum for a while... And now here is less nonsense then always... Its good thing But still more then it should be ;/

Quote:
I think it would be awesome if we find out that Yuzuki actually denied Kazama of all of his advances. That would be a good indicator of how she truly feels.
Lol you still doesnt know her truly feelings? You really read this manga?;p

Quote:
forcing herself on me (she did with that kiss), saying she's going to "make me fall for her"
It was in few first chapters... Then she doesnt know how strong Haruto fallen for Nanami, because she moved to this town few days earlier... See what she did when she reveal this... Haruto doesnt fallen for Eba because she force him to do this, it was more subtle...

Quote:
There we go. This is when Seo is at his best -- when he takes his romances nice and slow. This chapter, the Hiroshima chapters, and Loveplus Rinko Days are all great because you see the subtle progress.
Exactly... Last chapters was really entertaining... Some good funny moments, some good dialogues between our heroes and a lot things between the lines...

Last edited by Dorsai; 2010-06-21 at 19:54.
Dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 04:06   Link #3972
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
I'd considering someone coming into my life, turning it upside down, forcing herself on me (she did with that kiss), saying she's going to "make me fall for her" and succeeding, accepting my confession only to suddenly dump me by a letter without any decency to tell me to my face or even return my call to say it's over, a betrayal. Not on par with someone I love cheating on me, of course, but it still fits.
The latter sentence is what I was I wanted to point out. Eba didn't "cheat" on him. I find betrayal a bit strong, but in this context, I can accept your reasoning.

Quote:
Obviously, trying to compare them one for one-- it'd be like trying to compare someone who stole a candy bar to someone who committed murder and giving them the same punishment-- but it's still a betrayal.
It's a very airy definition of betrayal though. Like a kid who's telling her parents that she wants a piano, but then loses interest in it. By your reasoning, that would be "betrayal", too. Isn't it a bit strong a word for that?

Quote:
She was the one who initiated the whole thing and then she decides to change her mind. It almost makes her seem like she was toying with him. I don't believe she was, [...]
THIS is important. She certainly wasn't, I agree.

Quote:
but I can understand why some people have that view. She came into his life, made him fall for her and then gave up as soon as things started to get a bit rough.
And this is where I think you're not treating her fairly. She didn't "give up" because she couldn't bear the strain of the LD relationship any longer, and left for greener pastures. She "gave up" because she felt that she owed Kazama, and that his death wish superseded the flailing LD relationship. So, she didn't escape a rough situation, she consciously shouldered a responsibility which would _guarantee_ to be painful and draining, and which would definitely end in catastrophe.

Whether or not this choice was "right" or not is beside the point. She exchained something strained-but-good (the LD relationship) against something painful and horrible (staying with Kazama till his death). And at least I credit her bigtime for shouldering this load, even if I'm seemingly the only one on this board who thinks like that.
Old 2010-06-22, 04:22   Link #3973
triple-s83

Quote:
She "gave up" because she felt that she owed Kazama, and that his death wish superseded the flailing LD relationship. So, she didn't escape a rough situation, she consciously shouldered a responsibility which would _guarantee_ to be painful and draining, and which would definitely end in catastrophe.
well i wanna clear apoint here

if you mean she left hiroshima because she owed kazama thats wrong

cause kazama didn't tell her while she was in hiroshima about his illness,he knows that she returned to tokyo after while of her return,in that time he told her about his illness (the dying monkey card)
she said that in ch.91,and that she wanted to tell him that alot happened while she was in hiroshima
i think she want to tell him about haruto with out hurting him,but he was faster to tell about his illness.

so the reason of her returning to tokyo is still unknown,it was asudden descision

even after she is getting more close to haruto she decided to return to tokyo?!!

i think there is another reasons will show up soon.
triple-s83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 06:00   Link #3974
KLGChaos
The Shermain

@Mentar: Well, there's a difference between losing interest in a piano and losing interest in a person. A piano is an object without feelings.

As for her leaving for Tokyo for Kazama, that wasn't the case, as triple said. She didn't know about his illness until after she returned. She went back because her family issues cleared up.

I still think Eba seeing Haruto with Nanami is a big sticking point, which is where the whole "she gave up because things got rough" comes in. You may say Eba is a strong person who's shouldering a lot, but I see it as the exact opposite. She's an extremely weak person in my eyes. She ran away from her family problems when she was a kid, she ran away from them when she came to Hiroshima and then she just ran away from Haruto (and into someone else's arms) as soon as there was some strain on the relationship. I'd call giving someone a break-up letter and avoiding all contact definitely running away. She's just unable to confront her problems.

I don't believe she's just with Kazama because he's dying, but also because it's in her nature. She gets herself into trouble and is too weak to handle things herself, so she uses others, probably unwittingly and without meaning to, to escape from these problems. She used Haruto in Hiroshima (though he was partially responsible for some of it with his nature) and now she's using Kazama.

Now, I'll admit, she may not be "horrible" like I said, but I definitely see her as a weak, childish and somewhat selfish person. She's the same as she was when they were kids and I feel she definitely needs to grow up. Kazama wanted Eba and used the dying card to get her... Something tells me he probably didn't even need to go that far as I think she would have gone out with him, regardless just to escape any hardships she had with Haruto.
Old 2010-06-22, 07:21   Link #3975
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple-s83 View Post
well i wanna clear apoint here

if you mean she left hiroshima because she owed kazama thats wrong
No, she decided to return to Tokyo before she learned about Kazama's illness. But when she decided to turn to Tokyo, she was NOT dating Haruto. That came much later.

Quote:
i think there is another reasons will show up soon.
Maybe, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Old 2010-06-22, 07:24   Link #3976
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Now, I'll admit, she may not be "horrible" like I said, but I definitely see her as a weak, childish and somewhat selfish person. She's the same as she was when they were kids and I feel she definitely needs to grow up. Kazama wanted Eba and used the dying card to get her... Something tells me he probably didn't even need to go that far as I think she would have gone out with him, regardless just to escape any hardships she had with Haruto.
That is quite intriguing. But without a sympathy angle, like him dying and wanting a girlfriend to support him in his final months, the entire situation would have been changed.

I really do hope that, in regard to Kazama, that all he really needed was a transplant and since there is no donor in site he has concluded that he will die. This way we can have a miraculous, perfectly timed, donor appear.
Old 2010-06-22, 07:27   Link #3977
triple-s83

Quote:
Something tells me he probably didn't even need to go that far as I think she would have gone out with him, regardless just to escape any hardships she had with Haruto
well maybe what you said is true but

i don't think so she will go out with kazama even if he didn't told her about his illness

you see she was rejecting him since middel school,if she uses others like you said she would dated kazama from middel school cause he was staying with her when her problems gets hairy with her familly,and she kept rejecting him

she like him as afriend not alover,as i say before there another reasons

maybe when she saw him holding hands with nanami she gaveup and thinks that he is still have afeelings for nanami,with another unknown reasons for her to get back to tokyo.

all i want to say is that she still loves haruto and she decided to gaveup on him after she saw him
holding hands with nanami,i think she was going to tell him about kazama cause at that time i think
kazama told her about his illness,but she decided to write aletter instead after what she saw with afarwell kiss to the persone she really loves and think he has feeling for another girl

i think its all amisunderstanding situation with some unknown reasons.
Old 2010-06-22, 07:42   Link #3978
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
@Mentar: Well, there's a difference between losing interest in a piano and losing interest in a person. A piano is an object without feelings.
Yes, but you're construing things as if her early interest in Haruto would constitute a lifelong commitment, and not following up on the interest a betrayal of that. This is really overblown in my point of view.

Quote:
As for her leaving for Tokyo for Kazama, that wasn't the case, as triple said. She didn't know about his illness until after she returned. She went back because her family issues cleared up.
Yes. But is doing so a "betrayal" of sorts? Haruto did NOT give any indications of wanting to date her before the train doors were about to close. When Eba decided to return, Haruto and her were NOT an item.

Quote:
I still think Eba seeing Haruto with Nanami is a big sticking point, which is where the whole "she gave up because things got rough" comes in. You may say Eba is a strong person who's shouldering a lot, but I see it as the exact opposite. She's an extremely weak person in my eyes. She ran away from her family problems when she was a kid, she ran away from them when she came to Hiroshima and then she just ran away from Haruto (and into someone else's arms) as soon as there was some strain on the relationship. I'd call giving someone a break-up letter and avoiding all contact definitely running away. She's just unable to confront her problems.
Actually, I agree with alot of what you're writing here. Generally, she's a nonconfrontational type. Generally, when pressured, she doesn't fight back, she bends. The "ran into someone else's arms" is really off, though. It's clear how difficult things were for her, and how much she is struggling. She didn't decide to be with Kazama for her own enjoyment, or because this was easier. Absolutely not. She's consistently shown as crestfallen. If you disagree, please give references.

Quote:
I don't believe she's just with Kazama because he's dying, but also because it's in her nature. She gets herself into trouble and is too weak to handle things herself, so she uses others, probably unwittingly and without meaning to, to escape from these problems. She used Haruto in Hiroshima (though he was partially responsible for some of it with his nature) and now she's using Kazama.
Feels very unconvincing to me. We know that she fended him off in the past. We know that she said that she recognizes that it was due to Kazama that she changed for the better, and that she feels an obligation towards him for it. So when he pushed his presumed deathwish on her, she was unsure what she should do. It took her seeing her BF holding hands with his former love interest to come to the conclusion that obviously he didn't consider their RL relationship as very important before she decided that in the end, Kazama's plea took precedence.

That's how the story was told, and it's making perfect sense. You're arguing against the presented facts.

Quote:
Again, you're contradicting the facts presented by the story. Why would she go out with Kazama without the death wish when we know that she was still wavering WITH the death wish? Why don't we stick to the story like it's told, and interpret things based on it?
Old 2010-06-22, 07:54   Link #3979
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple-s83 View Post
well maybe what you said is true but

i don't think so she will go out with kazama even if he didn't told her about his illness

you see she was rejecting him since middel school,if she uses others like you said she would dated kazama from middel school cause he was staying with her when her problems gets hairy with her familly,and she kept rejecting him

she like him as afriend not alover,as i say before there another reasons

maybe when she saw him holding hands with nanami she gaveup and thinks that he is still have afeelings for nanami,with another unknown reasons for her to get back to tokyo.

all i want to say is that she still loves haruto and she decided to gaveup on him after she saw him
holding hands with nanami,i think she was going to tell him about kazama cause at that time i think
kazama told her about his illness,but she decided to write aletter instead after what she saw with afarwell kiss to the persone she really loves and think he has feeling for another girl

i think its all amisunderstanding situation with some unknown reasons.
I don't think Yuzuki thinks that Haruto still had feelings for Nanami. I think she saw that she had them for him, meaning he would still have someone if she left him. I also think she realized how hard would be to have a long distance relationship with a guy who has a girl that likes him closer than she is. She thinks she did what was best for both Haruto and Kazama. And that is what is saving her character right now.
Old 2010-06-22, 08:19   Link #3980
triple-s83

Quote:
I don't think Yuzuki thinks that Haruto still had feelings for Nanami. I think she saw that she had them for him, meaning he would still have someone if she left him. I also think she realized how hard would be to have a long distance relationship with a guy who has a girl that likes him closer than she is. She thinks she did what was best for both Haruto and Kazama. And that is what is saving her character right now.
well you are right,and i believe she is regreting what she did now after she known that haruto came to tokyo for her
the last chapter,she looked surprised when haruto told her how her smile saved him so many times in the past.

thats why she is so gloomy and look very sad and smile like she is troubled with something
i think she want to say to haruto "i am sorry" for what she made him go throught and for her being selfish.

but she don't know when and how to say it.

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life