AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-01, 20:07   Link #1
malvado

Anime like Naruto, Bleach

Sup guys im searchin for fihting animes. Ive already watched: Naruto, Black cat, FMA, Mai Hime, Bleach, Ninja scroll, Kenichi, Berserk, hellsing, trigun, DBZ(GT) and im now downloadin Death Note and Get Backers. Im searchin for anime with a good storyline and if possible a little supernatural. Can someone please come up with some suggestions?
Old 2008-01-01, 20:35   Link #2
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
One Piece, Kekkaichi...
Old 2008-01-01, 22:48   Link #3
tbl
Affably Evil

Busou Renkin is quite like Bleach
Rurouni Kenshin - Kenshin is a lot like Vash, it's set in Meiji Era Japan. Whilst not supernatural, the sword fighting is close.
Code Geass - Arguably the best anime of 2007.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2008-01-01, 23:10   Link #4
Kikaifan
Blazing General

D. Gray Man seems to be a popular shounen show. I've, uh, never watched it though...

Darker than Black has excellent fight scenes and a supernatural plotline but it's not really as 'shounen-flavored'.
Old 2008-01-02, 00:10   Link #5
gummi
Chi~~

I watched the first ep of D.Grayman and to me it just to seemed to be a rip off of Bleach. People fighting these soul/soulless creature mods (things in between alive/dead) meh.. whatever. I may be wrong but it does seem popular as above poster said but for me it was a little boring and too much a copy in my mind.

That rant aside (yes I know I only watched one ep so ignore the above writing).

I recommend Tengen Toppen Gurren Lagann or however you spell it. Ive watched the first few eps and it doesn't seem like its going to be a typical shounen Dbz, Naruto, Bleach *bad guys get strong, you get stronger beat them, then you meet another strong guy who's way above you but somehow you get stronger and end up beating him.. etc ... etc... although that seems to be what you are looking for..
Other recommendations although I'm sure you've seen them and may already have mentioned that fact One Piece, Cowboy Bebop, and Samurai Champloo.

Just ignore this whole post
Old 2008-01-02, 00:39   Link #6
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
Fate/Stay Night has a lot of fighting, supernatural themes, and good plot and character development. I highly recommend it.
Old 2008-01-02, 00:46   Link #7
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

I second Code Geass, 7th recommendation for CG of the day. Seriously the best action oriented series of 2007.
Old 2008-01-02, 01:03   Link #8
tbl
Affably Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danky View Post
I watched the first ep of D.Grayman and to me it just to seemed to be a rip off of Bleach. People fighting these soul/soulless creature mods (things in between alive/dead) meh.. whatever. I may be wrong but it does seem popular as above poster said but for me it was a little boring and too much a copy in my mind.
It's similar in a way, but still original enough. It's good and well worth watching.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Closed Thread