AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-10, 17:37   Link #661
jayhellnice

since i am having trouble understanding translation programs from Japanese to English does any body know if Remus gets married and what happens to varelius.
jayhellnice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 20:39   Link #662
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Spoiler for from novels:
yeah, that is what I thought too. too bad we will never see him take revenge.

edit: zwei, you should mark your spoilers for their sources. it is something that has not happened in the anime yet.

Last edited by golthin; 2009-10-11 at 02:06.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 20:22   Link #663
Feedert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhellnice View Post
since i am having trouble understanding translation programs from Japanese to English does any body know if Remus gets married and what happens to varelius.
Spoiler for Remus:
Feedert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 05:32   Link #664
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Wow, episode 25 was good. That was pretty much the classic Guin Saga which we got before Naris became the main character.
Old 2009-10-20, 12:15   Link #665
klare

yes the classic Guin saving the twins story (again)

eps 25 again proved this show is good when they show action instead of mass army battle

preview shows Istovan face off with Guin, not sure that fight can last more than 10 sec or not
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 19:34   Link #666
guyline

Hey guys, if you want to read on about what occurs in the novel, you can go to wikipedia.com and then click the Japanese link. After that, paste in "グイン・サーガ" (without quote) and it will take you to the info page in Japanese. Then, copy the url link and paste it onto google translation. This should translate the entire web page for you. Hope this helps!
guyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 20:36   Link #667
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyline View Post
Hey guys, if you want to read on about what occurs in the novel, you can go to wikipedia.com and then click the Japanese link. After that, paste in "グイン・サーガ" (without quote) and it will take you to the info page in Japanese. Then, copy the url link and paste it onto google translation. This should translate the entire web page for you. Hope this helps!
Thanks alot man, that really helped ALOT. I'll play with google a bit now, I'm so curious.
Old 2009-10-23, 15:06   Link #668
Itlandm
Porcupine

After a while, I mostly watched for the pretty pictures and the awesome ED. I have bought the ED song now so I can hear it whenever I want. There is just too much tragedy and betrayal for a pretty song like that.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 16:56   Link #669
carmolita

Does anyone know if they're going to animat a second season of guin saga?? And does narisama become evil in the novel??

Last edited by carmolita; 2009-10-25 at 18:50.
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 17:12   Link #670
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
Does anyone know if they're going to animat a second season of guin saga??
I heard if the first season did well, that they would make more.
Old 2009-10-25, 17:16   Link #671
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I heard if the first season did well, that they would make more.
Where did you hear this?
Old 2009-10-25, 17:36   Link #672
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Where did you hear this?
someone on this thread quoted the director from an interview.
Old 2009-11-08, 16:31   Link #673
ThinkTank

This is the first time I have ever had a satisfactory feeling at the end of a season that has no ending.
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 17:31   Link #674
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Loved this show awesome ending
It ended like there be an second season ..
Old 2009-11-08, 17:43   Link #675
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
It ended like there be an second season ..
Not really. It's an end with a cliffhanger, which is expected seeing as though there's much more novel material from this point.

I will say that the last episode was fantastic, and very well done. I'm glad they didn't skip out of the foreshadowing of future events, because it's better that they stay true to the source material, and not chicken out with an anime original ending. Keeping it the way it was wrote, pays a lot of respect towards Kurimoto Kaoru. Especially with that line at the end of the episode. I'm so glad that was added.

It does pain me to see this end, because i became very attached to the story, and it's characters along the way. It saddens me that i can't continue with this story, and the chances of a second season are very slim. Still i have hopes that it'll get one, or at least i'll be able to read the novels in the future. Even though i know there's no end in sight, that will not stop me.

Oh and of course, Guin's rage punch in the last episode was the best part of the whole series.
Old 2009-11-08, 17:45   Link #676
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Finally! I don't why one of the best shows of this year took two months to sub! It didn't deserve this.

Back on topic, I don't really think sixteen volumes of the novels really fitted in this adaptation. I mean, they could have reached and ended volume sixteen but I feel like we missed really significant stuff where they could have helped us understood the plot and make us fancy the show better.

As for picking up a favorite character, it's really a difficult choice between Aldo Naris, Remus and Istovan. Yes, I used to hate Istovana but judging from the spoilers I'v read, his ambitions and the way he is portrayed pretty much as the most human character in this series makes me interested in his character development and the heights his ambitions will ever reach.

Unfortunately, there just wasn't enough character development especially for the titular character - Guin. That's why I feel there will be or it's a must for a second season.

Overall I give this series an 8/10.
Old 2009-11-08, 17:50   Link #677
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It's true Guin didn't have much development, though that is expected when you think about how much novel material this series covered, and how much more there is. Next to Amnelis, Guin was my favorite character.
Old 2009-11-08, 18:56   Link #678
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's true Guin didn't have much development, though that is expected when you think about how much novel material this series covered, and how much more there is. Next to Amnelis, Guin was my favorite character.
Afik, they used 16 NOVELS worth of material for this. There is about 110 Novels out, plus the series was not even close to be over and now it is another one of those series never will be completed.
Old 2009-11-08, 18:57   Link #679
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Afik, they used 16 NOVELS worth of material for this. There is about 110 Novels out, plus the series was not even close to be over and now it is another one of those series never will be completed.
I already know this.
Old 2009-11-08, 23:59   Link #680
Cyrano
Par toutatis!

Great last episode. Many thanks to Fong the one man fansubs!!
Every season there are ton of mediocre animes with paper thin plot and crappy premise being produce and yet Guin Saga still has a gold mine of material left and no one want to produce it
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, satelight