AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-22, 00:44   Link #201
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy
yeah i mean a romantic relationship

also..another question...how many years does the 8 novels span...in the time in the anime
Something does develop between Haruhi and Kyon but they aren't admitting it lol

8 novels span not years but only around 7-8 months.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-06-22, 00:50   Link #202
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Something does develop between Haruhi and Kyon but they aren't admitting it lol

8 novels span not years but only around 7-8 months.
wow what the heck...so that means the anime is starting at the beginning..and ending at the end..but basically just skipping a whole buncha stuff in the middle? doesn't that mean that if there's another season...and they still use material from the novel..that the episodes will be slotted (timeline-wise) in between the various episodes of season 1?

it makes me sad to think that there's no "real" ending or conclusion to the story..with an explanation of why mikuru and the people from her time can't go back further in time than the 5 years ago or whenever it was that the huge explosion of data began (the thing that yuki talked about)...and explanation about all those other unanswered questions
Old 2006-06-22, 00:55   Link #203
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
wow what the heck...so that means the anime is starting at the beginning..and ending at the end..but basically just skipping a whole buncha stuff in the middle? doesn't that mean that if there's another season...and they still use material from the novel..that the episodes will be slotted (timeline-wise) in between the various episodes of season 1?

it makes me sad to think that there's no "real" ending or conclusion to the story
Actually this show isn't really going to end at the end lol

Someday in the Rain, despite being the furthest part of the story, is treated as a normal episode, while the ending for Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu, novel 1 would be the real ending.

Watching this show chronologically won't make more sense than watching it in its rearranged episodes lol. In fact the show being rearranged this way, had made better story development.

EDIT: And yea, if there are other seasons it will be in between

Old 2006-06-22, 01:09   Link #204
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Actually this show isn't really going to end at the end lol

Someday in the Rain, despite being the furthest part of the story, is treated as a normal episode, while the ending for Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu, novel 1 would be the real ending.

Watching this show chronologically won't make more sense than watching it in its rearranged episodes lol. In fact the show being rearranged this way, had made better story development.

EDIT: And yea, if there are other seasons it will be in between
wait..why would the end of novel 1 be the actual chronological ending....if there are an additional 7 novels and possibly even more coming...are the additional 7 novels placed in between the beginning of novel 1 and the ending of novel 1?

so in that case..does that mean that there won't be an anime episode of suzumiya haruhi that is the actual chronological ending episode?
Old 2006-06-22, 01:35   Link #205
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
This is because Novels 1, 4, and 7 are the only ones that follow chronological storylines. The other novels are just amassed short stories that add character development or little clues that are referenced in future novels. And there won't be a 'true' ending to the series, as the novels are still being written.
Old 2006-06-22, 01:36   Link #206
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX
This is because Novels 1, 4, and 7 are the only ones that follow chronological storylines. The other novels are just amassed short stories that add character development or little clues that are referenced in future novels. And there won't be a 'true' ending to the series, as the novels are still being written.
well i hope ONE DAY in the future..there'll be a "true" ending..with everything explained
Old 2006-06-22, 04:10   Link #207
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Send a message via Yahoo to Truth-kun
Quote:
Actually, the current season of SHnY is mainly based on the first volume of the same name. The other episodes that were scattered among the other volumes of the novel were merely used as a character development episode (not my original opinion, I got it off somewhere in the boards). The anime selected good chapters from the novel that didn't give away important plot points to the whole Haruhi Suzumiya story.

So knowing this, we are really to expect another season, and probably another arc from a different volume of the novel.
Old 2006-06-22, 14:51   Link #208
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Hmmm, I need some help translating this, my Japanese skills are too weak lol, all I can make out is that the director is talking about the 'secrets' of the episode arrangements and the DVD release of Asahina Mikuru no Bouken.
Spoiler for pic:

Old 2006-06-22, 18:25   Link #209
bayoab

Quote:
Hmmm, I need some help translating this, my Japanese skills are too weak lol, all I can make out is that the director is talking about the 'secrets' of the episode arrangements and the DVD release of Asahina Mikuru no Bouken.
Not really a secret, but that is part in red is just the comment that the series is being released chronologically beside adventures of mikuru disc 00. The rest just talks about the series being broken up, nothing important.
Old 2006-06-23, 00:25   Link #210
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab
Not really a secret, but that is part in red is just the comment that the series is being released chronologically beside adventures of mikuru disc 00. The rest just talks about the series being broken up, nothing important.
Hmmm I see thanks, I guess I was able to read and understand it lol, I thought there's something really big in there that I couldn't catch.

Old 2006-06-25, 08:27   Link #211
Lost

Has anyone seen the 00 DVD extra? May I know what its about?
Old 2006-06-25, 09:13   Link #212
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Has anyone seen the 00 DVD extra? May I know what its about?
I've seen it and the extras are the credit-less open and close with a preview of Yuutsu 1 done by Yuki.
Old 2006-06-25, 09:37   Link #213
Lost

Oooo thanks! Something like a music video for the OP and ED
Old 2006-06-25, 10:51   Link #214
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
Quickie answer

Spoiler:

Next Question

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-25, 11:32   Link #215
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichy
Next Question

Spoiler:
Spoiler for short answer:
Old 2006-06-25, 15:31   Link #216
CaiSter21

for some reason i though that this anime was aiming to be a 26 eps long season, but i just recently checked ANN and saw that it is only 14 eps long

does this mean that they left some major parts out from the novel?
Old 2006-06-25, 15:46   Link #217
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaiSter21
for some reason i though that this anime was aiming to be a 26 eps long season, but i just recently checked ANN and saw that it is only 14 eps long

does this mean that they left some major parts out from the novel?
The anime is named Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu is the title of the 1st novel, currently theres 8 novels and still going.

Basically, the main story of the anime is only covering the 1st novel. The 1st novel has 7 chapters, which is compressed into 6 episodes in the anime. 8 other episodes are 'fillers' taken from the other novels. The reason for doing such and then rearranging the episodes is to provide optimum character and story development.

Old 2006-06-26, 09:01   Link #218
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
@ eMpTy265: Thank you ^^

And now the most important Questions of all:

How old is Haruhi?
Height?
Weight?
Measurements?

Old 2006-06-26, 09:09   Link #219
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichy
@ eMpTy265: Thank you ^^

And now the most important Questions of all:

How old is Haruhi?
Height?
Weight?
Measurements?

The only thing that's certain is Haruhi's age, 16.

Here are my estimations:

Height = 160 ~ 165cm, probably closer to 160, which is still quite tall for Japanese girls.

Weight = 43 ~ 45kg, an average weight

Measurements = around 32~34/20~22/34~36, in inches, because I don't know about measurements in cm lol

Old 2006-06-26, 13:41   Link #220
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

well.... cm:inches is 2.54:1 but your 3-size numbers seem a bit high as does your height for her. I haven't been able to find official measurements for any of the girls but Suzumiya comes just below Kyon's shoulder. If Kyon is typical height for japanese teen male, he's probably 5'8" if he's lucky (172cm). I' guess 5'-5'2" (about 157cm) for Suzumiya since she tops out at his shoulder.
3-size measurements are correspondingly smaller. Given what we've seen of her she seems fit but not overboard in size. Using my wife as a reference (she's japanese and 4'11") I'm going to guess 32-20-33 in (81-50-83 cm). Weight-wise I'm estimating 105lbs (47kg) mostly because of her muscle tone otherwise I'd knock off a couple of kilos.

Mikuru *looks* to be about 3cm shorter but an extra couple of centimeters in the hips and about 5-8cm extra in the boobage making her probably 152cm and 86-52-83. She'll have to watch herself when she gets older (though it looks like she's doing a fair job of doing that ).

Obviously these are guesses but based off of typical heights for japanese teens and using my real world examples as reference (wife, my son's teacher, my instructor, wife's relatives, friends).

They're all small and cute, aieee...