AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon - 2006 - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 133 70.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 43 22.75%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 5.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.06%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.53%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-07, 06:55   Link #141
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Well, the hair color does match, and it's possible that the elder sister matured earlier, plus...

Spoiler:

What'cha think?
Old 2007-01-07, 07:09   Link #142
Merridew

I think the eyes look the same. The two in the flashback have dark eyes with a blue light coming from within them, and Kaori in the first episode has that same colour.
Old 2007-01-07, 07:12   Link #143
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Too much reading into just a single scene.

If anything, it's just foreshadowing Shiori's tale.
Old 2007-01-07, 07:17   Link #144
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
Well, the hair color does match, and it's possible that the elder sister matured earlier, plus...

Spoiler:

What'cha think?
Good job for noticing that.
Spoiler for the other pair of siblings:

Last edited by Kinny Riddle; 2007-01-07 at 07:27.
Old 2007-01-07, 07:25   Link #145
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Careful, Kinny. We're sliding dangerously into spoiler territory here. You don't want to be docked rep by our esteemed fellow FPB now, would you?
Old 2007-01-07, 07:28   Link #146
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

All i would like to say is that the age gap between the two is just 1 yr...Shiori couldnt possibly be that underdeveloped..just not possible.
Old 2007-01-07, 07:29   Link #147
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Careful, Kinny. We're sliding dangerously into spoiler territory here. You don't want to be docked rep by our esteemed fellow FPB now, would you?
I don't need you to tell me that, I was already editing the post BEFORE your post when the site failed to load, as typical to all users affected by the Taiwan quake internet traffic jam.
Old 2007-01-07, 07:44   Link #148
Ascaloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
Spoiler for toxic's spoiler:
Careful, toxic. FPB is on the prowl, and he's trigger-happy when it comes to docking rep; if in doubt, put it in spoilers. As for my answer to your statement...

Spoiler:

Last edited by Ascaloth; 2007-01-07 at 08:01.
Old 2007-01-07, 11:07   Link #149
nani
Dreamer
*Artist

Nice job, KyoAni! An excellent episode.

Nothing new to say except a minor rant. I am pleasantly surprised to find that Sayuri's story is covered and then (unpleasantly) surprised to find her story last for 1/4 of an episode . I know she's not the main heroine, but covering her story in less than 10 minutes is very rushed. Given that there are a total of 26 episodes, surly KyoAni can spare a bit more time?

Spoiler for game material which is left out:

Quote:
As for my answer to your statement...

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-07, 11:10   Link #150
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nani View Post
Spoiler for game material which is left out:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-07, 11:14   Link #151
Skane
Anime Snark

Time management issues, I guess. After all... we still have Shiori, Nayuki and Ayu left to cover. With only 10-12 episodes left( and Mai's arc is not done yet!), the schedule is pretty tight.

Sacrifice one of the main heroines for a sub-heroine? Not going to happen.

Frankly speaking, I am thankful that they decided to show Sayuri's story at all( even if it is not the whole nine yards).

Cheers.
Old 2007-01-07, 11:17   Link #152
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Like i've said before - any part of Sayuri's story is needed for the completion of Mai's. So its understandable that she'd get this much air time, its just that some of us wanted more when there is more to be told.. though its not always needed.
Old 2007-01-07, 11:27   Link #153
Ascaloth

Don't lose heart, mates!!! We can still expect OVAs from KyoAni.

EDIT: And, I just realized something. When was the last time we saw fanservice in this rendition of Kanon? As far as I can remember, that would be all the way back in Episode 1 with Nayuki and her pretty little bra......and that's it. KyoAni's series has been pretty clean up to now.

Kanon sure has come a long way from it's h-game days.
Old 2007-01-07, 12:27   Link #154
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Careful, toxic. FPB is on the prowl, and he's trigger-happy when it comes to docking rep; if in doubt, put it in spoilers.
It would seem I've become notorious
At least it's good to see that I'm doing some good, although nothing that's been said recently, short of when Shiori got sick, I'd count as a spoiler. Now, if it had been said what her illness was, what caused it, or how serious it was, then yeah, I wouldn't have been too happy. But showing the two sisters in the background? How can it be a spoiler if it was in the episode, guys?
Although I do appreciate the consideration, there's no need to walk on eggshells
Old 2007-01-07, 13:07   Link #155
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Thank you FPB....seeing all these warning posts kind of freaked me out.

K..one doubt...in the end..how did Yuichi feel the presence of the second monster...arent they invisible to him. Only Mai can feel them right. Yuichi in the last scene turned around because he felt a second monster encroaching upon him from behind...
Old 2007-01-07, 16:07   Link #156
Devil Doll
My name? But my name is..

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
K..one doubt...in the end..how did Yuichi feel the presence of the second monster...arent they invisible to him. Only Mai can feel them right. Yuichi in the last scene turned around because he felt a second monster encroaching upon him from behind...
Even Sayuri reacted somehow when the monster attacked her. Seems these visual distortions aren't that "invisible" after all. (The question of the visibility of these demons caused the biggest confusion for me in this series so far, and it was the main reason why I was very hesitant about liking this series until episode 12.)

As for Sayuri... half an episode for her but five for Makoto is a pity. I'd trade one fox for one episode about Sayuri's parents... "do that for me" at Kazuya's sickbed was all we got to see about their attitude, plus one line at the grave. And if they were so graphically explicit about Sayuri's blood in the present, then why not in the past?

We know Shiori attended school on the first day of the school year, so her condition at this point in time apparently must have been good enough to make this a plausible decision.
Old 2007-01-07, 16:17   Link #157
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Doll View Post
As for Sayuri... half an episode for her but five for Makoto is a pity. I'd trade one fox for one episode about Sayuri's parents... "do that for me" at Kazuya's sickbed was all we got to see about their attitude, plus one line at the grave. And if they were so graphically explicit about Sayuri's blood in the present, then why not in the past?
Well, I think that Makoto was the main reason for this remake, as I've heard people talk of the '02 series saying that they really didn't have time to care about Makoto at all. Still, I do think they could have spent maybe one episode less on it; it does drag a bit from the point when Yuuichi starts staying home with her until episode ten.
Like has been said before, we've got ten episodes left. Be glad you got any Sayuri at all this time around :P
Old 2007-01-07, 16:56   Link #158
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Don't lose heart, mates!!! We can still expect OVAs from KyoAni.
I don't think KyoAni will have to move into that direction as I saw from their past two series: Suzumiya Haruhi and FMP 2nd Raid. There were a lot of concern as well from the fans at episode 12 of FMP 2nd Raid, as to how the show will have a satisfactory closure in the one remaining episode. Similar concerns were expressed for SH as well. With this many episodes left for this series, KyoAni may even snick in a filler episode because there are just too many episodes to work with.
Old 2007-01-07, 19:19   Link #159
Raniie

Indeed, the FMP: TSR is a good example of KyoAni's work. That last episode was extended a few minutes more than the other episodes to be able to bearly fit nearly everything in. I don't think we'll see such a problem here, but if in any event we do, I'm sure KyoAni will take the appropriate measures to explain what's needed to be explain, while pleasing the fans at the sametime. We also did get an OVA for TSR, too.

Anyway, back on topic, anybody notice the re-used frame in this episode? The same exact scene happened on episode 08 at 05:55 re-appeared in episode 14 at 05:40. I thought that was kinda interesting..

Last edited by Raniie; 2007-01-08 at 08:17.
Old 2007-01-07, 20:38   Link #160
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

I strongly doubt there would be any filler, given the current break-neck pace of the developments, and the sheer amount of material left to animate. If anything, I think it is an indication that they are running out of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raniie View Post
~ Anyway, back on topic, anybody notice the re-used frame in this episode? The same exact scene happened on episode 08 at 05:55 re-appeared in episode 14 at 05:40. I thought that was kinda interesting..
Throughout Kanon, there has been tons of reused layers and frames. Many of the CGIs also get recycled( the tram being an obvious example), with their skins just changed.

The thing is, KyoAni spaces them out and/or uses them for comedic effect, so the viewer does not get the feeling of the 'Slideshow Effect', unlike some anime series where they whore the same scene over and over, and over, and over, and- etc... again.

Cheers.