AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 119 Rating
Perfect 10 11 16.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 26.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 30.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 10.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 9.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.54%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.54%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-26, 20:04   Link #1021
carbontaxes

Beyond that, given that Raki can either sense or not-sense Youma, he is on the battlefield now. For those that guess he's human..give him one grave injury and he's dead. It's just a weird needless situation that could be taking place without Raki. I can appreciate re-introducing a character, but then he's swinging his claymore-level sword and this screams bad decision to me.

And what's more is that if Yagi decides to show us that he's a human being, then really Raki cannot be touched even given all the monster-death-swings going on all around him right now, and all that's about to come. There's plot armor, then there is just gross.

I'd rather just Yagi says he's hybrid now, rather than magically save his human ass from the obvious death he would otherwise be guaranteed. Either way it's bad.
Old 2011-10-26, 20:09   Link #1022
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbontaxes View Post
I think a lot of people need to revisit the Raki/Pris/Renee town scene now... it's not just about saving pages. Dude wasted a Youma like a claymore and it wasn't about time compression. And it was clearly remarked upon.
I must have made 100 posts saying that it is stupid seeing raki as a human ( and therefore he is a claymore ). Now I am simple saying that it can be also a trick to save pages. No 1 can say for sure right now

We don’t need to do that. Just go where he is fighting with the twins. In 1 image he makes his arm and sword to disappear just like flora would have done. The twin is also fighting half awakened at this point and made 4 attacks ( in just 1 image).
Old 2011-10-26, 20:10   Link #1023
Nixl

Wait a second, I thought he wielded a broad-sword, not a claymore. I need to reread that.

However, I am not so sure I agree Carbontax. So far Raki has just fought weak Yoma (note not the type Claire fought in the Church) and measly MiBs. We have yet to see him fight a claymore( as an adult) or the "monster-death-swings." It feels rather premature to state a plot armor just yet, especially in the context to the rest of the cast. I would assume by your words that Claire has even greater plot armor since she has gone over the limit repeatedly, Priscilla did not even touch chibi Claire just because, and then she was dissolved/cut in two by the Destroyer and we know she will survive or come back.

I do not think Raki has passed the threshold of being saved repeatedly like Claire has across multiple arcs. Considering Claire was saved by Teresa, Raki, Irene, Jean, Galatea, Miria, Helen/Deneve, and will probably be saved again once she exits the blob.
Old 2011-10-26, 20:16   Link #1024
carbontaxes

Nixl what I'm saying is that Raki is on the battlefield regardless. If you were to look at the physical combat he is capable of, as well as Renee's own thoughts of what Raki can do, you would really just assume he's a hybrid now. Broadsword vs. Claymore weapon- does it matter at this point. Obviously it is not a Claymore because those are only issued via the Organization.

I guess Yagi can just write it that Raki and the trainees are without reach of the zombies and future AO-zombies, but idk I know you guys are fine with Raki and really I'll just let the Raki thing go now.
Old 2011-10-26, 20:24   Link #1025
Nixl

When you mean battlefield are you thinking that Raki will fight the FOs, awakened or not, in a serious match? I am not trying to nitpick, but I think I know what you are saying, but I want to be sure. I do not think many are expecting him to dodge a serious strike from a claymore (except maybe Clarice lol) and especially an awakened FO. I could see Roxanne toying with him akin to what Ophelia did, but that is the most I would expect. I know Ryus made an informative post about Raki's eye color appearing gray-ish and veins appearing around his wounds where the rods were inserted. If you have not read it, I think you would find it a good read. If I find it I'll post the link later.

To be perfectly honest, I would argue that Raki's role thus far in this arc is really to take care of the human minions of the organization. Thus, sparing Miria or any other claymore from having to break their code and kill humans. The idea of Miria killing humans was made into a giant deal earlier in the arc when she cut down Tabitha. As of now, Miria or the ghosts do not seem to have to worry if Raki is stealing the midgetmores, the very future of the organization. Without the next generation they are essentially screwed in certain respects. They have not a single warrior left for not one, but two generations.

edit: Gf callin', night fellas.
Old 2011-10-26, 20:56   Link #1026
Ulquihorror

do you think in the future, we'll see a claymore survive decapitation? I mean Cynthia survived all her limbs and internal organs destroyed and we have so any talented healers. If there is a claymore that would be able to accomplish such a feat, I think Deneve is a perfect candidate. Can't wait for that scene

It would also be creepy if a claymore head could be kept alive if someone is aligning yoki with it. Imagine a bodyless Deneve analysing a situation while Cynthia aligns herself with deneve's head, lol
Old 2011-10-26, 22:28   Link #1027
Falcor

Send a message via MSN to Falcor
^^ I can foresee limao's next CHB chapter....
Old 2011-10-27, 07:16   Link #1028
malperd

Hi there fellow claymore fans. I missed a couple of chapters and was wondering, what the hell happened to Clare? I saw a pic of her entangled in some kind of fleshy super-powered ball and I had no idea what was going on

Claymore Live Action Project

Lets Make It Happen!
Old 2011-10-27, 07:59   Link #1029
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by malperd View Post
Hi there fellow claymore fans. I missed a couple of chapters and was wondering, what the hell happened to Clare? I saw a pic of her entangled in some kind of fleshy super-powered ball and I had no idea what was going on
Couple chapters? Its been a whole year since Clare was in the series, but whatever I wont judge people skipping the arc, too badly

Spoiler for You really should read chapters 100 through 105 but if you choose to skip it... :
Old 2011-10-27, 08:49   Link #1030
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbontaxes View Post
Nixl what I'm saying is that Raki is on the battlefield regardless. If you were to look at the physical combat he is capable of, as well as Renee's own thoughts of what Raki can do, you would really just assume he's a hybrid now.
The soldiers in Rabona were able to organize and injure an Awakened being. The problem is explained by Renee and implied even in the early chapters, that the advantage Claymore have over humans is not simply speed or strength, but that they can sense which being is a normal human or a Yoma disguised as one.

The reason why the attack on the Awakened in Rabona failed was largely because the humans couldn't strike the right points (for example, they made the strategic error of assuming the human body was more important than the tendrils that connected it to the main body), and even then it wasn't like the Ghosts knew right away either. Remember that it took the more talented Yoki readers like Galatea to tell the others where to strike to flush out the main body.

We've seen numerous examples in the story of how sensing ability varies greatly depending on the person. It might even be possible if you wanted to stretch things a bit to suggest that humans could develop a very mild ability to sense yoki. This could probably be explained as a sort of sixth sense, like being uneasy around certain people. Since most of the mechanics about the biology of Claymore and Yoma are not really explained, it's anyone's guess really.

Raki clearly beefed up over that seven year period but he also had training from one of the strongest warriors on the island, Isley. We don't know how difficult the training was, but we do know that it was enough to fend off two amateur Awakened while injured and he was able to tell they were just testing him. We also know the human force inside the Organization is weak, and it is clear they never planned for an internal rebellion. So plot armor or not, he comes in handy and gets a moment of cool.

As for who will live and die, that's always hard to tell. Plot armor exists for the moment just to keep the story moving, but I think most of us would agree that most of the characters are living on borrowed time. Any of them could die at any moment, without warning. A few have cheated death quite a few times as it is.

On the other hand, I personally don't expect too many more deaths, at least from the main cast. The rebellion is a crucial climax of the story, and what is left after this is basically the Blob and whatever comes out of it. With Riful, Dauf, Luciella, Isley, Beth, Alicia, and the Organization gone, the field of "big bads" has shrunk considerably.
Old 2011-10-27, 09:35   Link #1031
Gooral
Banned

I don't expect any deaths of the ghosts at this point to be honest. Even if there is such death I doubt it will affect me in any way knowing that she was borrowing time anyway (as you've put it) and should have died earlier. Actually, I'm hoping that some of them will die (Helen, Deneve, Miria, even Cynthia although she has the best character of all Claymores I've seen, with exception of Jean maybe, she's a saint basically) but chances of that are close to zero unless Yagi will suddenly decide to do a bloodbath and kill everyone in one fell swoop.
As for Raki, to me he also looks overpowered for a human. Even with youki sensing and with hatchets or axes I doubt humans would be able to do what Claymores did to Agatha. They wouldn't have enough strength to do it unless Agatha's armor was practically nonexistent. After all even if they've had strength the metal the axes were made from could not be strong enough.
Old 2011-10-27, 15:18   Link #1032
Nixl

If Deneve makes it through the entire story without dying I will be shocked. I always thought she was marked for death from the beginning. As much as I dread saying this, I think Galatea also may die eventually. Although, for some reason I just do not think Raki, Claire, Yuma, Miata, or Mira are going anywhere or at least they will last until the very end.

So long as Yagi does not pull a Blue Seed ending or an FMA manga ending I think I will be satisfied.
Old 2011-10-27, 15:26   Link #1033
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Well, we know that Yagi has shown definite favoritism -- how else do you explain Helen and Deneve surviving all their ridiculous encounters and Riful surviving for as long as she did (she was someone I was back-and-forth on whether or not she was even going to die at all for a time).

I feel however that Gooral is right at this point; with the amount of deaths that have happened, I find it unlikely that anymore people whatsoever will die for awhile; especially the Ghosts. I had always believed that at least one would die sooner or later, and it looked many times that that would happen, but given how many others have perished; it would be shocking if that actually happened at this point.

As for Raki, it could very well be that he isn't human anymore to appease people who say he's overpowered; Ryus made such a good artistic analysis of his eyes, It would be almost disappointing if he was still an ordinary human after that -- at the same time though, I'd be disappointed myself that such a route was taken when I had always hoped he would remain an ordinary human. If he really is a hybrid of some sorts at this point, that means we only saw one real chapter where we saw him really in action (as a human) :/
Old 2011-10-27, 15:39   Link #1034
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
If Deneve makes it through the entire story without dying I will be shocked. I always thought she was marked for death from the beginning. As much as I dread saying this, I think Galatea also may die eventually. Although, for some reason I just do not think Raki, Claire, Yuma, Miata, or Mira are going anywhere or at least they will last until the very end.

So long as Yagi does not pull a Blue Seed ending or an FMA manga ending I think I will be satisfied.
After Galatea survived Rabona, I kind of put her in the no worry zone when it comes to potential deaths.

If I was Yagi, I'd have Yuma survive everything, just for the lols, since she's practically her own meme; one he seems well aware of.

Pretty sure Raki and Claire survive.

I'd think Deneve having her stupidly crazy regen powers coupled with being able to awaken and come back means she's gonna stick around. Forever.

But, as TheRussian put it earlier, having Deneve die and Helen turn into a depressed, snarky drunk bitch would be awesome. I don't think that's going to happen though.
Also, cake.
Old 2011-10-27, 15:47   Link #1035
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
I find it unlikely that anymore people whatsoever will die for awhile; especially the Ghosts. I had always believed that at least one would die sooner or later.
Tabitha

Tabitha is a little useless so i wouldn't mind very much if she died. Or maybe she could sacrifice herself to save Miria, or something like that.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-10-27, 16:03   Link #1036
carbontaxes

Since we're taking guesses atm, I have a feeling Gala will die. Eventually one or more of these zombies (awakened probably) is going to get to meandering around Rabona. I have a feeling this battle is going to be one of the best of the series, like top 3. Clarice I'm guessing will die first which will make Miata even more insane than she already was. Gala, if she dies will of course be a very dramatic ending probably up there with Jean. And then you have the Destroyer right outside the city issuing a youki beacon.
Old 2011-10-27, 16:14   Link #1037
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
After Galatea survived Rabona, I kind of put her in the no worry zone when it comes to potential deaths.

If I was Yagi, I'd have Yuma survive everything, just for the lols, since she's practically her own meme; one he seems well aware of.

Pretty sure Raki and Claire survive.

I'd think Deneve having her stupidly crazy regen powers coupled with being able to awaken and come back means she's gonna stick around. Forever.

But, as TheRussian put it earlier, having Deneve die and Helen turn into a depressed, snarky drunk bitch would be awesome. I don't think that's going to happen though.
Even though Deneve has that crazy regeneration rate, I feel that is precisely why she will die. Her situation is so good that it seems likely that it must fail eventually. Also, a raging Helen would be entertaining as well. That and, if I hear another wedge analogy or battle explanation from Deneve I may just cry.

@Claymore How can one kill Tabitha? It would be like killing a rock or some dirt. Surely background art does not feel pain or character development....
Old 2011-10-27, 16:19   Link #1038
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
Tabitha

Tabitha is a little useless so i wouldn't mind very much if she died. Or maybe she could sacrifice herself to save Miria, or something like that.
Nah; Tabitha is growing on me....besides; if she dies, how else will she actually , you know, grow and develop?

You can argue that she (currently) serves little purpose - well, she'll serve even less in death. It's just become an extremely long-term question of "when" - because every single time it looks like opportunity is shining on Tabitha to step up, be a leader, or just plain do something, it doesn't happen. She needs a Yuma moment(s) of her own.

Heh, Deneve is alright; she just needs to stop being 'Dr.Deneve'

Last edited by Shiek927; 2011-10-27 at 18:09.
Old 2011-10-27, 16:50   Link #1039
carbontaxes

Funny how everyone jokes about Tabitha just because it's the popular thing to do, and yet they consistently have stricken the Agatha fight from their minds.
Old 2011-10-27, 18:09   Link #1040
Dark Night

How are Claymores made again? A piece of [normal] Yoma flesh stuck into them, in probably a process we don't know yet.

Raki had pieces of the two most powerful (by far) Awakened Beings stuck into him for some time. Depending on how Yoma flesh and blood interracts with a human's, it's possible something from Priscilla might have rubbed off him. But if that were the case, you think he'd comment on his new found ability to jump that high or his turns of strength and speed. Still undecided anyway.

On dying, I'm not sure Galatea will see the end of the manga, though I'd like her to. And Yagi being Yagi, I dread the moment even Miria, Helen and Deneve might fall. And even more so for Cynthia. She doesn't seem particularily important to the plot, yet I really like her, though for reasons still obscure to me.
Closed Thread