Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-01, 14:39   Link #721
blueinuyasha
look up thats me the sky!

Send a message via Yahoo to blueinuyasha
la corda d'oro
i dont like that anime but every ones seems to recomend it becouse they relly like it
sure it does have good animation but i still dont like it.
Old 2008-08-02, 00:23   Link #722
ZoomZoom
Hiatus
*Graphic Designer

A few I dislike are:

Inu-Yasha- It was cool when I was 10.
Naruto- Seems to be the kiddies new Pokemon, I was at a book store and saw these two 8 year olds rambling on about it, that's a huge turn off for me. I have given it a chance before, and I still found myself bored with it.
Death Note- I don't know I just never got into it.
One Piece- It honestly...annoys the hell out of me, everything about it is horrible in my eyes.

Last edited by ZoomZoom; 2008-08-02 at 01:28.
Old 2008-08-02, 05:30   Link #723
Ermes Marana

I'll be the first one to mention Naruto and Inuyasha. Everybody seems to love those shows, which I'm sure is why they haven't been mentioned yet. But I hate them.

Fate/stay Night is also pretty terrible, but I don't think anyone actually likes it.

Kimagure Orange Road still holds the crown as the worst show that everyone else likes.
Old 2008-08-02, 05:44   Link #724
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
One Piece- It honestly...annoys the hell out of me, everything about it is horrible in my eyes.
Really?
I Hated it From The Start..But After Few ep I Love it more Than any Show ..It Really Funny
Maybe you Should Give it another Chance After Seen All The Characters
Old 2008-08-02, 13:47   Link #725
Zhaozhou

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
^
Cowboy Bebop was Sunrise, not Bones.
Studio Bones was founded by personnel of Sunrise. They were assembled as a group at the times of Escaflowne (which I loved ). The movie of Cowboy Bebop is not by chance a coproduction with Sunrise. At the time I read some interviews about them choosing to become an independent group. In this sense, Cowboy Bebop could be counted as Bones' true first project.

Quote:
Samurai Champloo was from a different studio I don't remember.
I was wrong on this one I thought director Watanabe sticked with them.

(the studio is Manglobe)
Quote:
(Figures those two are the ones you seem to dislike less.)
Now that I checked their list, I can say that I appreciated Ouran Host Club. I can't stand shoujo manga chara directly, but luckily anime normalize it a bit. So, no original chara and basically no original story. I can like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
FMA an action anime? Well, maybe the anime version is one, but the manga story is definitely not one of those. Besides, in FMA canon, clapping hands to do alchemy is unusual; most alchemists have to draw the symbols before transmuting. It's part of the setting.
Drawing circles is even less cool than clapping hands, unless you are called Giotto In one of the episodes where he was a kid he drawed a circle to transmute a rose into a band which he used to stop a sword. That just stretched my willing suspension of disbelief a bit I think authors should have tried to make alchemy an alternative (with drawbacks) to conservative but reliable methods instead of making even more powerful than in the manga.

And yes, I talk about the anime, because the forum is about anime
Old 2008-08-02, 15:16   Link #726
FuKkaTsUyA

Without any hesitation I will say :
1 Code Geass ( Too overrated, at first it was promising but what's after(WHAT 's GOING ON ? Gosh !! so boring)...)
2 School Rumble ( I though it was supposed to be a comedy ?)
3 Pokemon ?

And for the fun ( I don't even think people have heard about it) : http://www.gamekult.com/blog/exelen/...h+Musashi.html
Old 2008-08-02, 15:22   Link #727
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermes Marana View Post
I'll be the first one to mention Naruto and Inuyasha. Everybody seems to love those shows, which I'm sure is why they haven't been mentioned yet. But I hate them.
Wrong

Quote:
Fate/stay Night is also pretty terrible, but I don't think anyone actually likes it.
Wrong again, but yeah, the anime was pretty bad. >__>
Old 2008-08-02, 17:21   Link #728
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuKkaTsUyA View Post
Without any hesitation I will say :
1 Code Geass ( Too overrated, at first it was promising but what's after(WHAT 's GOING ON ? Gosh !! so boring)...)
Maybe at The Start Was Kinda Boring ...but Give The anime another Chance It Really Awesome
Quote:
2 School Rumble ( I though it was supposed to be a comedy ?)
you Really Don't think it Funny Show ..That Really Surprised me
Old 2008-08-02, 17:26   Link #729
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Actually, Code Geass is the same from start to finish. If you don't like it at first, you won't.
And School Rumble is apparently an all-or-nothing comedy series, with me being one of the few in the middle.
Old 2008-08-02, 17:43   Link #730
nines
I much prefer the 2d

One Piece - i got as far as to where there was some reindeer than was tiny then got all bulked up and theyre out on some desert with it trying to make rain out of powder....

Suzumiya Haruhi - ....just so pointless i almost killed my self half way threw the 1st epi x.x

Death Note - Blah its like some 7 year old wrote it, its bland boring as hell and the plot is just stupid x.x only kool thing in it was L and well yea <.<
Old 2008-08-02, 17:53   Link #731
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Suzumiya Haruhi - ....just so pointless i almost killed my self half way threw the 1st epi x.x
Skip the first episode, watch the second one through the rest. Watch first episode.
Old 2008-08-02, 17:58   Link #732
FuKkaTsUyA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
Maybe at The Start Was Kinda Boring ...but Give The anime another Chance It Really Awesome
I dropped it in the first season maybe the 8/9 episode even though I heard about the cliffhanger at the end of the season 1 but I will wait ending the current one for take it over !

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
you Really Don't think it Funny Show ..That Really Surprised me
You aren't the one thought , I, myself was really surprised because everyone seemed to like it but honestly I couldn't go on at the end of the first five or more episode I don't remember well.
Nothing made me laugh at all,( I don't even remeber the name ) The big guy who wanted to be with the girl, wasn't funny but more a weirdo for me which was a little entertaining ; maybe the scene with the girl who can't leave the WC because the guy she likes is in front of and she takes the plunger to come down but except that I didn't laugh hard like I did with gurren lagann or sumomo.
Maybe you have an epic scene in mind which is really funny but I didn't find one .
I don't know why but people like it ,looks like I am an exception
Old 2008-08-02, 18:12   Link #733
Kari Izumi

NEON GENESIS EVANGELION!

I seriously DO NOT see how this show became a must-see for every anime fan. Yeah, it's supposed to be a mind fuck, but Iwas bored at best and annoyed with Shinji's emo angst and everyone's flippin' daddy issues. Jerry Springer, much?
Old 2008-08-02, 18:39   Link #734
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhaozhou View Post

Drawing circles is even less cool than clapping hands, unless you are called Giotto In one of the episodes where he was a kid he drawed a circle to transmute a rose into a band which he used to stop a sword. That just stretched my willing suspension of disbelief a bit I think authors should have tried to make alchemy an alternative (with drawbacks) to conservative but reliable methods instead of making even more powerful than in the manga.

And yes, I talk about the anime, because the forum is about anime
Well, the major characters can do alchemy without either doing claps or drawing. Roy's flame alchemy is one (and the anime is blatantly different on this issue; in the manga, he can freaking hydrolyse water into its component elements, meaning that as long as his gloves are not wet, using water on him will backfire horribly.) Armstrong is yet another guy.

Now, in the FMA manga, there is a rival technique to alchemy (alchemy =Renkinjitsu , the other is Rentanjitsu). So, yeah, I tell people who don't like the anime to try the manga. Way better stuff going on there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari Izumi View Post
NEON GENESIS EVANGELION!

I seriously DO NOT see how this show became a must-see for every anime fan. Yeah, it's supposed to be a mind fuck, but Iwas bored at best and annoyed with Shinji's emo angst and everyone's flippin' daddy issues. Jerry Springer, much?
Again, try the manga first. Sadamoto Yoshiyuki's adaptation is a bit different, but the art is really good. Also, the gist of the storyline is there. Oh, and Shinji tried to punch his father.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuKkaTsUyA View Post
I dropped it in the first season maybe the 8/9 episode even though I heard about the cliffhanger at the end of the season 1 but I will wait ending the current one for take it over !

You aren't the one thought , I, myself was really surprised because everyone seemed to like it but honestly I couldn't go on at the end of the first five or more episode I don't remember well.
Nothing made me laugh at all,( I don't even remeber the name ) The big guy who wanted to be with the girl, wasn't funny but more a weirdo for me which was a little entertaining ; maybe the scene with the girl who can't leave the WC because the guy she likes is in front of and she takes the plunger to come down but except that I didn't laugh hard like I did with gurren lagann or sumomo.
Maybe you have an epic scene in mind which is really funny but I didn't find one .
I don't know why but people like it ,looks like I am an exception
CG is one of those series where it's better to read the summaries/words on the series, and then pinpoint the episodes that you want to watch. Things doesn't heat up until ep. 22 in R1, and ep 13 in R2.

As for School Rumble, well, I never did give it a try. Can't comment.

Inuyasha and Naruto: Plenty of people love the manga-canon parts, but hate the fillers, and why shouldn't they?
Old 2008-08-02, 23:44   Link #735
anime ronin
death by animeoverdos X_X

[QUOTE=nines;17749good like h65]
QUOTE]

lol i pray u didnt just watch the 1st epi and said "okay im done", the 1st ep did kind of annoy me but if u did do that i highly suggest you watch ep2... other than that as far as my opinion goes on suzumiya haruhi, i liked it, but everybody seems to LOVE it like it was the best thing ever created... it was pretty average to me

PIRATES DOCKING 6!!! GIANT ROBOT SOLDIER!!! BIG EMPEROR!!!
Old 2008-08-04, 03:34   Link #736
Solidus1321

Send a message via Yahoo to Solidus1321
I would say 2 from my list that I find people like and I dont are
Naruto and Ghost In the Shell.
Old 2008-08-05, 09:15   Link #737
J..

I really don't like One Piece. I don't see why some people like it. I thougt it was okay at first but after a while I grew tired of it. And I didn't really like many of the characters. The only characters I like was the Sanji and the dude with the three swords....
Old 2008-08-17, 18:49   Link #738
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Actually, Code Geass is the same from start to finish. If you don't like it at first, you won't.
And School Rumble is apparently an all-or-nothing comedy series, with me being one of the few in the middle.
Actually I was pretty bored by season 1, while entertained sometimes probably the parts that people called bad plot twists or whatever. but man I like love the second season it's just fun to watch & well it does have a little boring but it's nothing compared to first seasons's boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhaozhou View Post
Fullmetal Alchemist had some decent chara design because it wasn't originally BONES, but it didn't interest me enough. I mean, he claps his hands, touches something and then he trasmutes things. It doesn't sound that cool for what tries to be an action anime. I've seen more original powers.
What a silly reason for FMa. um, they sorat explain why, it's cause he's like so good and pwns at alchemy (not being serious here...) I dont' like it cause it's 51episodes, no seriously, if it was like 13 or 17 or just anything less than 51 it would've been so mcuh better. instead we get so many filler eps trying to drag this crap out for 51 eps & the last 10 eps was just like so hard to care - it was like 10 different characters/groups going around doing s*** that may or may not be relevant to the plot. I'm literally asking or trying to not think about it but I'm just like why is that person mad at that person or why is there a war or how is that relevant to anything or why the hell is fight dragged out 5 million eps or why the hell didn't you do that int he first place so the fight isn't dragged for 5 hours or why did they go there(no seriously, that's how dragged out it was, i can't help but forget or start to not care) or why the hell is this show so long (Damn I forgot the other questions but they were valid fer sure). actions scenes didn't do anytihng, if anything they shouldn't haven't been there or been truncated like 1/1000000000 of whatever the length of each fight was. That show, I don't hate but damn it's overrated. There's nothing special about it at all. really average. Well there was enjoyment in there somewhere but parts that bother me toooo

jeez why are so many people hatin on haruhi, yeah it's overrated as hell but to me boring is AZUMANGA DAIOH... Don't hate it but I don't like it either.
Old 2008-08-18, 00:02   Link #739
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

There ought to be a rule that when an anime gets a mention in this thread for more than twenty times, its time is up and no more mention shall be made, because now it's no longer an "anime you hate but everyone seems to like," and it's no longer cool and different to be hating on it.

Like, seriously.

Drop it with the CG hate, the Haruhi hate, and the NGE hate, please. Those shows have long since passed the threshold of hyped-so-much-nobody's-ever-heard-a-bad-word-on-it and went on to become what could simply be put as "controversial" shows. You're no longer cool for hating on it, so I suggest you move on and hate on something else. My suggestion? Honey & Clover is still relatively unscathed. Try that instead. There's like one ANN review flaming it and there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth in return, so you know.

*general "you"
Old 2008-08-18, 02:24   Link #740
Ermes Marana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
There ought to be a rule that when an anime gets a mention in this thread for more than twenty times, its time is up and no more mention shall be made, because now it's no longer an "anime you hate but everyone seems to like," and it's no longer cool and different to be hating on it.

But the entire point of this thread is for people to prove they are cool and different because they hate Naruto and Inuyasha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Drop it with the CG hate, the Haruhi hate, and the NGE hate, please.

Agreed on Haruhi and NGE, but CG can always use a little more hate headed its way. Call me sentimental, but every tiny bit of dirt shoveled onto CG's rancid corpse gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling.

The fact that it doesn't fit the thread title is a minor technical detail.

Last edited by Ermes Marana; 2008-08-18 at 02:35.
Closed Thread