AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 11 17.19%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 46.88%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 23.44%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 7.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-21, 05:56   Link #41
keke

I'm very interested in Rika's death in chapter 2.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-21, 17:43   Link #42
Rasuberi
Give me things to draw!!!

Send a message via AIM to Rasuberi
Quote:
Originally Posted by keke
I'm very interested in Rika's death in chapter 2.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Old 2006-07-22, 18:17   Link #43
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Very intresting episode i will admit that it did make me a little sad. First Akasaka's wife dying was a shocker but thank goodness the child survives. i dont want to imagin that man if he would have lost them both i think that would be it for his sanity i am surpised he held it together as well as he did.

Rika knowing the future and knowing that she was going die was one of saddest things iv seen so far this chapter. having to live knowing you know when your time is up plus everyone elses. I was surpised when she asked for help she seemed so vulnarable then. There has been much speculation over weather you can change your destiny/Fate. That is a very hard question to answer. Some think that even knowing your future will already change it. While others beleive that no matter what you do its pre-destined i think Rika did not like this idea. Even if you think Rika changed her destiny in some way, we could never tell because that could have been part of her destiny as well. Im convienced that there is just no way to tell

I also think that Rika was allowed to have this knowledge if the whole town was doomed there would be no one around to tell the story i think that Rika's real purpose was to meet Akasaka so that he could tell the story after she and the town were gone the same for Oishi. So basically everyone had a role to play weather they wanted to or not it was destined. but thats just my theory im still unsure of a few things. Such as Keiichi surviving but no mention of him in this episode. i know how Oishi survived so im clear on that one.
Old 2006-07-22, 19:15   Link #44
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasuberi
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-22, 20:20   Link #45
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
Very intresting episode i will admit that it did make me a little sad. First Akasaka's wife dying was a shocker but thank goodness the child survives. i dont want to imagin that man if he would have lost them both i think that would be it for his sanity i am surpised he held it together as well as he did.

Rika knowing the future and knowing that she was going die was one of saddest things iv seen so far this chapter. having to live knowing you know when your time is up plus everyone elses. I was surpised when she asked for help she seemed so vulnarable then. There has been much speculation over weather you can change your destiny/Fate. That is a very hard question to answer. Some think that even knowing your future will already change it. While others beleive that no matter what you do its pre-destined i think Rika did not like this idea. Even if you think Rika changed her destiny in some way, we could never tell because that could have been part of her destiny as well. Im convienced that there is just no way to tell

I also think that Rika was allowed to have this knowledge if the whole town was doomed there would be no one around to tell the story i think that Rika's real purpose was to meet Akasaka so that he could tell the story after she and the town were gone the same for Oishi. So basically everyone had a role to play weather they wanted to or not it was destined. but thats just my theory im still unsure of a few things. Such as Keiichi surviving but no mention of him in this episode. i know how Oishi survived so im clear on that one.

there are quite a few visual novels out there that follow a similar design as higurashi..in that each arc or branch is a parallel universe unto itself...so it's just as likely that in this parallel universe, either keichi died as well, or he never ended up in the town to begin with
Old 2006-07-22, 23:15   Link #46
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy
there are quite a few visual novels out there that follow a similar design as higurashi..in that each arc or branch is a parallel universe unto itself...so it's just as likely that in this parallel universe, either keichi died as well, or he never ended up in the town to begin with
That would make since considering how the over all story and the chapters are presented. I guess if you think that Keiichi was never in town this chapter makes more sense thanks for the info. Either way this series has made my list of animes that i will always remember.
Old 2006-07-23, 03:03   Link #47
Alu
Guide my hand...

Well this arc compleatly twisted my mind.. to say the least ^^
I'd now better spoil tag this though

Spoiler for a couple of speculations:

In the end I belive that most arcs clearly gaved us alot of answers that where used to compleat the previous ones.., altough this despite raising then alot more Other questions ^^
I have a feeling that the next 2 answer arcs will be more or less the same.., but hopefully by the end we can more or less view the big picture.

I'm truly loving this anime.., I've almost forgotten about every other
Old 2006-07-23, 04:15   Link #48
solwyvern
▲wight
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alu
Well this arc compleatly twisted my mind.. to say the least ^^
So youve finally caught up. True, true, I was left baffled in the same way.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alu
I have a feeling that the next 2 answer arcs will be more or less the same..,
I want to believe otherwise. =o
The next arcs after all, are the answer arcs. It should more explain the previous episodes and clear up on some things.
Old 2006-07-23, 04:23   Link #49
Alu
Guide my hand...

@ Solwy : For Keiichi's last scene in Watanagishi-hen...
Quote:
Originally Posted by solwyvern
Spoiler:
I belive that
Spoiler:

By the way Solwy.., as things are going.., don't be surprised if I end up asking you to drop the Rozen Maiden vectors and make one for a Mion wallpaper ^^, or..., ups.. I guess I just did
Old 2006-07-23, 09:06   Link #50
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

I still think people are thinking way too deeply into the twin thing, but whatever.

The logical camp took a serious blow from this last arch. Unless Rika overhead something at one of the family meetings (very possible), then there are some seriously weird things happening. I'm also finding it a bit harder to keep attributing "Oyashiro-sama mode" to a temporary psychosis of some sort. Unless there's something in the water other than that toxic gas, I'm not sure how nearly everyone in the town can drop into that creepy trance
Old 2006-07-23, 20:12   Link #51
lifestorm2

I wonder......where is Takano? I don't see much difference in the known characters (and it's only about 5 years before the other arcs), so....where is she? =O
Old 2006-07-25, 16:30   Link #52
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Some really odd thoughts came to mind while watching this and some of the
other arcs:

If, in the end, the town is effectively DESTROYED by a lethal volcano gas,
how does that please Oyashiro-sama? Wouldn't that being be out of
the omnipotent being business then? What good is being an omnipotent
God with no beings to be God to?

If s/he requires occasional sacrifice, eliminating the town (which this
being/god/demon) supposedly values, to the point of KILLING people
who LEAVE the town or threatens it (dam builders anyone?) it doesn't
make sense.

So, my feeling is - Rika may very well have been possessed or had
some telekinetic power as was Shion/Mion (not really sure but I think
it's possible Shion was the evil one and Mion may very well have been
a sweetiepie caught in the crossfire of her sisters machinations, we just
don't know clearly yet).

There's multiple things happening here. And I don't completely buy that
the whole kit and kaboodle was supernatural happenings. I suspect 1/3rd
was humans (drugs, hypnosis, mental illness), 1/3rd may very well have
been supernatural events (rika? mion? shion?) and 1/3rd we just don't
know.

Show is driving me nuts.

Spoiler:

Last edited by aliensporebomb; 2006-07-26 at 14:20.
Old 2006-07-27, 18:05   Link #53
NykylaiHellray

I am confused by this chapter, please correct me if I am wrong, but I heard this was a prequel to the last three, but doesnt this contridrict the other three?

Spoiler:

Though I have worked out somthing. There seems to be four main factors at work

Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-27, 18:32   Link #54
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NykylaiHellray
I am confused by this chapter, please correct me if I am wrong, but I heard this was a prequel to the last three, but doesnt this contridrict the other three?

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-27, 18:38   Link #55
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

[QUOTE=NykylaiHellray]I am confused by this chapter, please correct me if I am wrong, but I heard this was a prequel to the last three, but doesnt this contridrict the other three?

Spoiler:

You're on the right track, but thinking differently.

Here's a hint so that you can discuss your theories in the general discussion thread:
Which parts are similar, and which parts are different? And if different, why?
Old 2006-07-27, 18:44   Link #56
LostBlue
祭囃子

Quote:
Originally Posted by NykylaiHellray
It might be better thinking that each chapter is its own possibility in the world of Higurashi. While some chapters might be very similar to others you got to sort out the details of what makes each chapter unique. If something is similar in all the chapters... well... you have something constant going on. If something only happens in one chapter than you have a variable in the formula. If you have an event that repeated itself in a few chapters you got to figure out why it doesn't happen in the other arcs.

When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth =)
Old 2006-10-08, 21:46   Link #57
Chibi_Faerie
Challenging fate head on!

Question question~ *Raises hand*

For Rika's 'Predictions'
Spoiler:

Was just rewatching the series and got to this part, so was curious and thought I'd mention it.
Old 2010-02-27, 01:52   Link #58
OkamiNoKaze

Hmm, wouldn't it be interesting, if the Nurse that befriended Akasaka's wife was Takano?
Old 2010-02-28, 20:54   Link #59
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Takano was at the Irie clinic during Himatsubushi. (She's not mentioned by name, but she's definitely visible in a few panels of the manga, back when Akasaka was looking for a phone.)
Closed Thread