AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-30, 03:49   Link #21662
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
Is there a release date for NT 6 yet?
January 10th.
Old 2012-11-30, 21:55   Link #21663
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

THANK GOD!!!!! After how long we had to wait for NT 5 the wait for NT 6 will be a breeze. I hope we get to see the big guns in action. Also that it will be epic(ish).
Old 2012-12-02, 23:53   Link #21664
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

According to Oricon; New Testament sold a total of 686,467 copies this year- which includes last year's December so, 5/12/2011 -> 26/11/2012.

Adding that to the total number would give us 14.3 million thus far... Assuming the source hasn't included though numbers yet, otherwise it would be 13.7 million...
Old 2012-12-03, 06:58   Link #21665
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Japan's Yearly Light Novel Rankings for Fiscal 2012: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=526604
Old 2012-12-03, 06:59   Link #21666
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Yup, we have that in the light novel thread as well.

Btw, if we count both Novels as well as Light Novel, New Testament 3, Haganai 8 and Hyouka are the only non-SAO volumes in the individual sales list
Old 2012-12-03, 07:26   Link #21667
tsunade666

SAO sales is scary just by a year it sold 2.8 M. but still no where near haruhi for individual sales. The biblia series interest me but its a novel right? Aria is still strong and campione anime didn't help the novel -_- great for mahouka. Its going strong even without the anime.

Index is stuck with being above average and even for me. Its still epic but being grounded by the school setting and Touma's funny misfortune. I'm getting bored with the funny antics that I find heavy object much better. Though the new development of NT is shaping up good but still. Being in the half-way through on things is hurting it and for me its greatest weakness. It can go bloody and gore but still no matter what happen the author will find a way to return Touma to his school >_> which is funny but not practical because Touma is considered a vip celebrity in magic world but his still nothing but a normal high school boy. To others it might work as a charm I prefer if Kamachi will take it to another step but if he likes it that way then its fine. I will just enjoy the ride.
Old 2012-12-03, 07:47   Link #21668
Acer
Death to the infidels!

I would be very happy if there was a volume focused only on class Touma, something like a SS, three idiots + Fukyose = guaranteed laughs.
Old 2012-12-03, 07:55   Link #21669
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
SAO sales is scary just by a year it sold 2.8 M. but still no where near haruhi for individual sales. The biblia series interest me but its a novel right? Aria is still strong and campione anime didn't help the novel -_- great for mahouka. Its going strong even without the anime.

There is one thing to add, while Index's individual sales is about the same as the other high profile titles, it is the ONLY Light Novel series from this decade- No, from this CENTURY that has sold more than 10 million copies in total. Before the release of those numbers by oricon, Index was already sitting on 13.7 million and the only other series in that category had 20+ volumes and were written in the late 80s early 90s... And the only one to beat her is Slayers (fucking 20 million....)

Shana and Haruhi have 8.5 and 8 million total.

Kino have 7.7 million

SAO have 6.2 million

Baka Test have 5.5 million

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-12-03 at 08:00. Reason: typo
Old 2012-12-03, 08:27   Link #21670
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
There is one thing to add, while Index's individual sales is about the same as the other high profile titles, it is the ONLY Light Novel series from this decade- No, from this CENTURY that has sold more than 10 million copies in total. Before the release of those numbers by oricon, Index was already sitting on 13.7 million and the only other series in that category had 20+ volumes and were written in the late 80s early 90s... And the only one to beat her is Slayers (fucking 20 million....)

Shana and Haruhi have 8.5 and 8 million total.

Kino have 7.7 million

SAO have 6.2 million

Baka Test have 5.5 million
Haruhi has 8.5 million printed, an increase of 0.5 million with no anime/new novel in a year. Shana has 8.6 million and Index is still around 13.7 million according to the latest Dengeki release.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2012-12-03, 08:33   Link #21671
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Haruhi has 8.5 million printed, an increase of 0.5 million with no anime/new novel in a year. Shana has 8.6 million and Index is still around 13.7 million according to the latest Dengeki release.
Does it include this Oricon list ? I noticed the date says 14th Nov...
Old 2012-12-03, 08:45   Link #21672
tsunade666

Slayers has 40+ darn volumes even if the main story volumes are only 13 (if I remember it right) it got expanded for more continuation.

SAO has only half the volumes of Index. If SAO continues on this sale value. I won't be surprised if it manage to touch the sales of Index.

that's why Kamachi can't let go of Mikoto. Look at the vol 03 of new testament. Having her as a cover girl even without much from her boost the sales even though vol 04 is super crazy and vol 05 is shaping to be awesome it still didn't beat vol 03.

But still my favorite NT is vol 04.
Old 2012-12-03, 08:50   Link #21673
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Actually, since vol 3 was also released the longest, that might contribute to it's numbers But yeah, I think the initial boost from that tease helped
Old 2012-12-03, 08:54   Link #21674
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Does it include this Oricon list ? I noticed the date says 14th Nov...
Numbers from publishers, like you used, are the amount that are printed. Oricon gets numbers from 1907 bookstores across Japan (this does not include every single store) and uses those numbers to make estimates for weekly sales. These are not the total amount sold per week, so the best gauge for novels are the numbers from the publishers like I linked. They give a more accurate amount of sales (more sales=high amount of novels printed).

Old 2012-12-03, 09:16   Link #21675
tsunade666

^ the link that you've given. Redirects into a moon rune pdf. I can't understand what it says.
Old 2012-12-03, 09:27   Link #21676
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
^ the link that you've given. Redirects into a moon rune pdf. I can't understand what it says.
It's a press release for Dengeki's award. In the definition of the "Dengeki Bunko," they gave numbers of copies printed for the top franchises. I was correcting Chaos2Frozen on the numbers for Haruhi (forgot to link article) and Shana (Shana was in that pdf).

Old 2012-12-03, 20:14   Link #21677
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Slayers has 40+ darn volumes even if the main story volumes are only 13 (if I remember it right) it got expanded for more continuation.

SAO has only half the volumes of Index. If SAO continues on this sale value. I won't be surprised if it manage to touch the sales of Index.

that's why Kamachi can't let go of Mikoto. Look at the vol 03 of new testament. Having her as a cover girl even without much from her boost the sales even though vol 04 is super crazy and vol 05 is shaping to be awesome it still didn't beat vol 03.

But still my favorite NT is vol 04.
SAO got a huge boost from its anime. Although I predict that it will sell good enough after this year, I doubt it will sell as much as this year. BTW, if you look at the individual volume sales, SAO vol 1 sells the most instead of the later volume, which indicate the major spike in sales is from new reader of the series drawn by the anime instead of its recurring one, which indicate that it will most likely decrease next year when the anime ends and a major decrease in new reader happen(add to that, not 100% of the new reader this year are going to continue following the series)

As for Index OTH, looking at the individual volume sales, since it's the later volume that get sold the most, we can deduce that this sales number will continue even next year since the reader base has stabilized and the number of sales for Index series depend solely on hw many volume Kamachi is going to publish next year.

And on the subject of that list, I predict that Biblia is going to get a huge boost in sale next year, probably another 1-2 million sales(assuming the author writes at least 2 more books), since a tv drama for biblia has been announced to air on January and it will surely attract even more new reader.
Old 2012-12-04, 00:23   Link #21678
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Slayers even if you don't get a prominent role nowadays u live on my heart.

Sniff (tears).

For story wise I find .hack better... even if the last stories are kinda weird.
Old 2012-12-04, 00:34   Link #21679
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
SAO got a huge boost from its anime. Although I predict that it will sell good enough after this year, I doubt it will sell as much as this year. BTW, if you look at the individual volume sales, SAO vol 1 sells the most instead of the later volume, which indicate the major spike in sales is from new reader of the series drawn by the anime instead of its recurring one, which indicate that it will most likely decrease next year when the anime ends and a major decrease in new reader happen(add to that, not 100% of the new reader this year are going to continue following the series)
If it's a battle of attrition, SAO would lose- but because of Progressive, they could potentially milk the series for years to come.

Quote:
As for Index OTH, looking at the individual volume sales, since it's the later volume that get sold the most, we can deduce that this sales number will continue even next year since the reader base has stabilized and the number of sales for Index series depend solely on how many volume Kamachi is going to publish next year.
January (NT6) - 2 months - April (NT7) - 2 months - July (NT8) - 2 months - October (NT9) - 2 months...

Kamachi on speed.

Then in between those four intervals we'll have 1 IntelVilla, 1 HO, 1 Waltraute

I'm still waiting for the sequel of whatever it is that he finished in three days...

Quote:
And on the subject of that list, I predict that Biblia is going to get a huge boost in sale next year, probably another 1-2 million sales(assuming the author writes at least 2 more books), since a tv drama for biblia has been announced to air on January and it will surely attract even more new reader.
Lol screw Anime, jump straight to live action!
Old 2012-12-04, 00:49   Link #21680
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
January (NT6) - 2 months - April (NT7) - 2 months - July (NT8) - 2 months - October (NT9) - 2 months...

Kamachi on speed.

Then in between those four intervals we'll have 1 IntelVilla, 1 HO, 1 Waltraute
Woot! Looks like he's trying to please all the TAMnI fans. Hopefylly he doesn't work himself sick. Also, Does any one think that because he's doing 4 volumes that fast he might slow down for 2014 for TAMnI.

Quote:
I'm still waiting for the sequel of whatever it is that he finished in three days...
Same here. I want to see it too.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen