AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 29 14.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 20.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 18.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 38 18.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 5.39%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 11 5.39%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.96%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 3.92%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 24 11.76%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-27, 07:28   Link #221
Hobbit
. . .

So, that's my opinion:

Well, Suou's dream (and Shion too, I think) was to live with her family a happy life. So he created this new Earth. But he couldn't go there because Izanami absorved his "ghost". That's probably part of the deal, whatever it may be.

He also manipulated the memories of the ME network and the "doll system". Now, I think bones got too emotional. If the meteor fragment was broken, why would Suou remember Hei and Shion (that origami in the shape of a blue star and the red one)? So Suou miss her twin, but the parents don't miss their son?

July probably didn't recognizes Suou. It doesn't make any sense (not that it need make any).

Yin body was standing still when Hei touched her in the chest. So she was out of her comatose state. I don't think that Hei was going to kill Yin because:

- He wanted to kill Izanami, not Yin. It was made more clear after Golgo told him that Yin at first constrained Izanami and put herself in a comatose state.

- Hei called "white Yin" of ... Yin. What Izanami said with "it's not too late?". Too late for what? Kill her and stop the process? After he told Suou that she wouldn't need a gun to where she was going? If killing her wouldn't not stop the process, why would he kill her anyway?

In my opinion, Izanami told him that it was not too late to save Yin. Izanami herself was already mergerd with Shion's ghost/Izanagi's power and could make a new body for her/him (the little devil brat that resembles Yin-Izanami and Shion-Izanagi).
Maybe with the death of Yin, the birth of this new being could be stopped, but after Yin said to Hei to kill her he gave a smile of defeat. How would he kill the woman that he already lost once, when he thought that she was evil? She was right in his front willing to be killed and stop Izanami's plan.

Bones will not shoot at her own foot. Why would her kill Yin? Evebody is crazy to get the OVAs and learn what happened with Yin...

Suou was the motivation for Shion, and for her sake he gave himself to Izanami. In the end, Izanami/Yin and Izanagi/Shion where the main characters of the plot. Suou was the main character of the show, but for now she don't have anymore significance for the show.

Yin was just a host for Izanami, that's why it was a so called pregnancy.

And I agree with much of what stuopidget and nightengale said.
Old 2009-12-27, 07:38   Link #222
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Unlike some studios, Bones never really tightly defined the pseudo-science behind the Gates, the Contractors, or their powers. I mean, who ever would have predicted a Contractor who could recreate the whole world, and populate it with people, just using the info from the first season?

As for Yin, do take note that the Izanagi/Izanami myth does not end well, with the death of Izanami and the literal introduction of Death into the world at Kagutsuchi's birth. But fret not, as it's likely the myth is simply a template used by Bones in the plot, so it's possible that Hei chose the Third Option again like in Season 1.

Or he could have fried her and ended her misery. In either case, an announcement for another iteration will probably come up next year...
Old 2009-12-27, 07:52   Link #223
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Wow, like I said, you probably were not around for stuff like Paranoia Agent, or more recently CLANNAD ~ After Story's ending. This is understandable compared to those, which literally required cross-referencing by the people who did know and bashing in the heads of people who refused to understand despite having the clues right in front of them.
I'm glad I wasn't around. Simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zewi
And if you read further ahead in this thread, a lot of people explained what happened in this episode multiple times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei
Yet no one listens. Which is a shame, since it's clear as day.
Ok first maybe you misunderstand, because I understood the basics of the episode.

What I'm; (although I don't know about the other people that said they didn't get it) is that most of it felt so rushed and random at the time.
It felt like what was in the episode was thrown in and we're just suppose to accept it. It's a problem when there has been alot of inconsistancies in this short as pie season.

Some stuff for thought that came up while watching that made me feel it's random:

Why was Augest 7 alive? He should of just stayed dead being an episodic boss that died when he showed up.
- Obviously the director wanted to expand july's character, but magic man as medium showing up episodes later is sloppy as poo. There was alot of other ways this could of been done.
- Also if CIA and forgot who FBI? If they were working together, then this part seemed like it was chucked in to give season 3 more options.
Trying to link together loose ends at the last episode surgesting Gen fisted Augest to death back then to fool Hazuki and Co.
They should of just brought in a new Agent (explaining him S3), since they "apparently" only made a deal to save themselves with the American's now, and not when Magic man supposely died.

Appearance of two Yin's for about a minute felt out of place. This moment was so brief, is why it didn't fell like it fitted. Even if it makes sense (sort of) that Yin is a different soul than Izanami, or whatever other reason people came up with like Shion clone.
I mean, simply Hei could of killed Black Yin or whatever as he didn't have any contractor powers to suicide himself at the time. Counter-future-arguement for white yin.

Shion could clone a whole world as well as billions of people? That's kinda overpowered, seeing as he could still talk for a bit to Shou and not die instantly. *Dramatic effect*

Why did Earth 2.0 fly away? Also they explained clones can't retain memories, so everyone there has meteorite cores?

Which raises the question. Why did Yin just break that core? There was no point.
She could of just deflected the bullet Shou was about to shoot, or made Shou suicide. I guess they opted for more drama even if it doesn't make sense / randomly inputted.

Shion's deal, something.

They already met up, yet somehow there's still "time" for Hei to end it. Wot?
Didn't explain how meeting up would form the new being. Just that meeting up would spell d-o-o-m.

Golgo showing up like Rambo at the end, even though he was with Hei the whole time and he's not even scratched (Obviously has he ever been) surgesting when did they get into a fight to have your clothes torn up that badly?
You have to admit him showing up like that was pretty lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
I looked around at other forums and polls, and it's more liked than disliked. It's not because the story wasn't entertaining, but because they feel it was really a pointless season made solely for profit, since some of us expected at least a closure or maybe some questions answered.

So... if you don't expect anything, you'll like it?
I mean the thing is, for a series like this it pits you expect something from it. I can totally understand if it was some Harem like Kampfer, but this series already has a season 1.
There's just so much they could of done to make it better in the season as a whole.
(Eg: Play up Tanya more before she died seeing as she was alive for a long ass time)

My Final thoughts, is that I really really wish this was 24 episodes than 13. That would of improved alot. But I guess DtB was turned into a short term money making ploy with an obvious season 3 coming. (with DVD only episodes you have to buy) God damn greedy companies milking shit for more than it's worth.

Maybe I should avoid BONE made animes. Soul Eater ending adaptation wasn't to my liking either reading the manga beforehand. Sigh.

Alas I think this will be my last post, and also try to forget this season even happened over night. (Also forgets this thread's existance and thus unable to reply.)

P.S while I might not of enjoyed the series much, I did like reading what others wrote about it. But I guess that's true with other anime shows and their threads. *Smiley face*

Credit @ fallschirmjager

Last edited by Jin Kizuite; 2009-12-27 at 08:09.
Old 2009-12-27, 07:54   Link #224
Hobbit
. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Unlike some studios, Bones never really tightly defined the pseudo-science behind the Gates, the Contractors, or their powers. I mean, who ever would have predicted a Contractor who could recreate the whole world, and populate it with people, just using the info from the first season?

As for Yin, do take note that the Izanagi/Izanami myth does not end well, with the death of Izanami and the literal introduction of Death into the world at Kagutsuchi's birth. But fret not, as it's likely the myth is simply a template used by Bones in the plot, so it's possible that Hei chose the Third Option again like in Season 1.

Or he could have fried her and ended her misery. In either case, an announcement for another iteration will probably come up next year...
Fry her is a valid choice too. But doesn't seen like that. But again, it's a valid possibility.

Seens to me that the "birth" of the little brat indicates that Izanami's plan worked. And I don't believe that Hei has the guts to kill Yin.

Last edited by Hobbit; 2009-12-27 at 07:54. Reason: spelling
Old 2009-12-27, 08:08   Link #225
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
It's the mindset I have whenever I watch shows. Too high an expectation will ruin ANYTHING. So I don't. Then again you probably don't know me as much as some of the other posters here.

I'm old in the hobby too (almost 2 decades as an anime watcher), so I have more patience ahaha. If you don't think this makes any sense, then I dare you to watch Paranoia Agent.

As for not liking this iteration, and doggedly refusing to see reason, well, it's your opinion. You had vastly different expectations than I did, and had a dislike for uncertainties, while I, as an old hand who happened to be taking a Postgrad in Creative Writing, enjoyed this immensely, as it's writing that makes a person think (and Ryuusei no Gemini is looking like a very nice subject to use Post-Structural Criticism on). Having few revelations isn't that bad, in my view.
Old 2009-12-27, 08:13   Link #226
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
*Before he forgets and goes to sleep* ^
If you read I see what people are saying. I posted peoples reasons that were there in my arguement above and why it doesn't make sense or could of been done better, should of been done another way. Obviously some are blank because who can really answer why Earth flew away?

Of course it's all opinion. Also is it too late for Merry christmas? =/ How was the weather in philippines? *Is Fili* I'll be coming back there again next year.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Old 2009-12-27, 08:36   Link #227
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

I was disappointed in this ending. I liked this season up to this point
Old 2009-12-27, 09:03   Link #228
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:

Some stuff for thought that came up while watching that made me feel it's random:

Why was Augest 7 alive? He should of just stayed dead being an episodic boss that died when he showed up.
- Obviously the director wanted to expand july's character, but magic man as medium showing up episodes later is sloppy as poo. There was alot of other ways this could of been done.
- Also if CIA and forgot who FBI? If they were working together, then this part seemed like it was chucked in to give season 3 more options.
Trying to link together loose ends at the last episode surgesting Gen fisted Augest to death back then to fool Hazuki and Co.
They should of just brought in a new Agent (explaining him S3), since they "apparently" only made a deal to save themselves with the American's now, and not when Magic man supposely died.
Genma was in it with the CIA and MI6 so August 7th's death was faked to throw off S3.

Quote:
Appearance of two Yin's for about a minute felt out of place. This moment was so brief, is why it didn't fell like it fitted. Even if it makes sense (sort of) that Yin is a different soul than Izanami, or whatever other reason people came up with like Shion clone.
I mean, simply Hei could of killed Black Yin or whatever as he didn't have any contractor powers to suicide himself at the time. Counter-future-arguement for white yin.
Hei couldn't kill Hazuki. So killing Izanami without powers isn't exactly feasible.

With powers, Izanami would have just killed him. So Izanami pitied him, made it easy and gave him White Yin to kill. Killing White Yin kills also Izanami. She gives him a chance to do what he should have done in the beginning and decrease any guilt from killing her or from bringing on the Apocalypse by not killing her.

Quote:
Shion could clone a whole world as well as billions of people? That's kinda overpowered, seeing as he could still talk for a bit to Shou and not die instantly. *Dramatic effect*

Why did Earth 2.0 fly away? Also they explained clones can't retain memories, so everyone there has meteorite cores?

Which raises the question. Why did Yin just break that core? There was no point.
She could of just deflected the bullet Shou was about to shoot, or made Shou suicide. I guess they opted for more drama even if it doesn't make sense / randomly inputted.

Shion's deal, something.
Sh*t is about to hit the fan. It's in Earth 2's interest not to be around like keeping the fact that they are a copy a secret, not wanting to get caught up in the destruction, etc. No, everyone there doesn't have a core. In fact, they didn't retain all their memories. They are an alternate existence with Suou having a feeling that something's not quite right (like in Dark City). Suou isn't normal just like Dark City's protag. I'm betting she retained something about old Earth.

Maybe that was part of the deal with Izanami for everyone to have the ability to retain their memories. They prob couldn't pull it off totally without her help.

Suou is the only one left that can help Hei mentally if something goes wrong. She's the ace up the sleeve for whatever is left in the Mitaka document. A light of hope in the dark path that he treads now. Plot insurance.

*In fact, this part reeks so much of Dark City, that people should watch this title imo.*

Quote:
They already met up, yet somehow there's still "time" for Hei to end it. Wot?
Didn't explain how meeting up would form the new being. Just that meeting up would spell d-o-o-m.

Golgo showing up like Rambo at the end, even though he was with Hei the whole time and he's not even scratched (Obviously has he ever been) surgesting when did they get into a fight to have your clothes torn up that badly?
You have to admit him showing up like that was pretty lol.
Yes, that meeting did spell doom. It was a done deal for a while now. That scene was the reunion that should have happened. Yin gave him her wishes so if he did fry her then he wouldn't be guilty for the rest of his life and any appearances would not mean we get Hobo Hei again. Fry or not fry is left up to the viewer until season 3 is announced.

*And before anyone groans, The Princess and the Frog pulled something similar. It worked for them.*

Golgo wasn't with Hei the whole time. There was a firefight with the CIA going on as Hei was trying to get to Izanami. Hazuki and Genma was also fighting after Hazuki killed off a squad.

Quote:
I mean the thing is, for a series like this it pits you expect something from it. I can totally understand if it was some Harem like Kampfer, but this series already has a season 1.
There's just so much they could of done to make it better in the season as a whole.
(Eg: Play up Tanya more before she died seeing as she was alive for a long ass time)

My Final thoughts, is that I really really wish this was 24 episodes than 13. That would of improved alot. But I guess DtB was turned into a short term money making ploy with an obvious season 3 coming. (with DVD only episodes you have to buy) God damn greedy companies milking shit for more than it's worth.

Maybe I should avoid BONE made animes. Soul Eater ending adaptation wasn't to my liking either reading the manga beforehand. Sigh.

Alas I think this will be my last post, and also try to forget this season even happened over night. (Also forgets this thread's existance and thus unable to reply.)

P.S while I might not of enjoyed the series much, I did like reading what others wrote about it. But I guess that's true with other anime shows and their threads. *Smiley face*
Hopefully, you'll come back after a break. I liked the ending.

Last edited by orion; 2009-12-27 at 09:44.
Old 2009-12-27, 09:09   Link #229
Ramp
Router

Very disappointed with the ending, for a show as good as this it deserved better.
Old 2009-12-27, 10:42   Link #230
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Okay assuming that...

Dark Yin = Izanami
White Yin = Old Yin

1) It's White Yin who asks Hei to killed her
So how exactly does this make it any better? If it was dark Yin who asks to be killed, you can make a valid argument that white Yin is still alive because only dark Yin would have been killed. But this makes it even more likely that white Yin was also destroyed because it was her (and not her Izanami counterpart) who asks to be killed

2) White Yin returns to her old body, Black Yin is destroyed
For this to happen, you have to completely ignore 1 where it was white Yin who asks to Hei to kill her.

Even assuming that is the case, the Gate takes equal compensation. And no matter how you look at it, even Dark Yin and Suou combined is NOT nearly equal to White Yin in Hei's POV, as Dark Yin is exactly what Hei wants to get rid of (and thus not really important to him) while Suou is important to Hei, but not nearly even close to being a romantic relationship like white Yin was. After all, White Yin means the entire world to Hei.

Unless people are suggesting that Hei's wish is for white Yin to go back to her normal body, and the compensation for this would be the inevitable loss of the entire world? Now that is more plausible, because it still fulfills the conditions of Izanami dying but Kagutsuchi is still born to wreak havoc upon the world. So in essence, the start of armageddon really was brought about by Izanami and Izanagi meeting, because them meeting was the entire reason why Hei would've made that wish to bring about the world's destructor as a side effect.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2009-12-27, 11:29   Link #231
cleo

I have serious doubts that Dark spirit = Dark Yin / Izanami

i.m.o. it's either
. Izanagi
it seems strange to me that, while both Yins & Shions body are lifeless, there are 2 spirits of Yin ('good' Yin + Izanami) and that Izanagi is nowhere around.
. the Personification of the Gate
- both Shions and July's spirit are being sucked into it
- it says: "I granted his wish"
Yin/Izanami might be capable of a lot of things, but granting wishes is not her department a.f.a.i.k.
Old 2009-12-27, 11:40   Link #232
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Okay assuming that...

Dark Yin = Izanami
White Yin = Old Yin

So how exactly does this make it any better? If it was dark Yin who asks to be killed, you can make a valid argument that white Yin is still alive because only dark Yin would have been killed. But this makes it even more likely that white Yin was also destroyed because it was her (and not her Izanami counterpart) who asks to be killed
The whole "kill me" conversion was with Dark Yin. White Yin only put her hand on his shoulder and said his name.
Old 2009-12-27, 12:15   Link #233
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Physics has a good point in that the white collar belongs to white yin, though. But to be quite frank, I think that put more holes in his theory than it plugged, precisely because it is the old Yin who specifically wanted a death wish and not Izanami.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2009-12-27, 12:41   Link #234
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Physics has a good point in that the white collar belongs to white yin, though. But to be quite frank, I think that put more holes in his theory than it plugged, precisely because it is the old Yin who specifically wanted a death wish and not Izanami.
Someone else had a good point that if he killed Yin, the ending doesn't really make sense. If Yin tells him that its not too late to stop her/it from happening, then why did it happen at the end if he killed her? Doesn't make sense does it? White Yin and Black Yin felt like they were talking together, finishing each other's sentences, and Yin's desire was to stop Izanami (Golgo told us that that was why she fell into a coma). I would think that she's telling Hei to kill her to stop the cataclysm but it happened anyway. I don't think she just wanted to die, why would she?

I'm also confused on July and his wish. He wished to be with Suou, does the soul-sucking mean he had his spirit taken to the new world? He does seem to remember Suou. I'm just a little confused by it because if that was his wish, him not remembering her doesn't seem like a fulfillment of his wish.
Old 2009-12-27, 13:31   Link #235
Battler-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby View Post
Am I the only one who found the Hei x Suou moment very touching? I know Hei is special, but arent contractors supposed to be not able to lie? He obviously knew they wouldn't be together.
No , not at all.
1. She is just a copy/doll
2. She is still alive
3. She didn't contribute much anyways

-> absolute wayne

In season 1 she would get 2 episodes and that's about it.
Old 2009-12-27, 14:12   Link #236
elyK

Overall I can say that I very much liked season 2. It seems like the scope of DTB is getting bigger with the creation of the destroyer, a second Earth, as well as another gate. Maybe BONES is trying to turn DTB into a franchise? It seems like there will (and should) be a third season; if so what would the projected time table be for a third season to be green lit and produced, etc...?
Old 2009-12-27, 14:13   Link #237
Hobbit
. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
What Izanami said with "it's not too late?".
Thinking more about it, probably Izanami was asking Hei if he doesn't wanted to go to the new Earth. As a doll, it might be that she was the one sending the "oberver ghosts" to that dolll network.

Quote:
Why would he kill Izanami? At least, it appears that he agrees with a new Earth where contractors could live as human beings.

Quote:
Well, he was Izanagi. Amber travelled through time, Bai could turn normal humans into contractors...

Quote:
Probably he made a copy of the super computer. You're just want too much of a show that always was poor in answer up until now.

Quote:
Which raises the question. Why did Yin just break that core? There was no point.She could of just deflected the bullet Shou was about to shoot, or made Shou suicide. I guess they opted for more drama even if it doesn't make sense / randomly inputted.
That was not her deal with Shion. After all the trouble to make a new Earth would Shion kill Suou? I'm saying it because I believe that Izanami and Izanagi merged. Probably Hei's powers was stuck there.

Quote:
They already met up, yet somehow there's still "time" for Hei to end it. Wot?Didn't explain how meeting up would form the new being. Just that meeting up would spell d-o-o-m.
We dn't know the amount of time required to gather all the "souls" into the new Earth. The new being was formed by the merge of the Izanami and Izanagi. "Black Yin" was a bodiless form of life, and Shion's body was totally destroyed.
Regarding time, it's possible that if Hei was able to kill Yin before Izanami/Izanagi could totally separate from Yin and create a new "self", all this "doom" thing would be stopped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Hei couldn't kill Hazuki. So killing Izanami without powers isn't exactly feasible.

With powers, Izanami would have just killed him. So Izanami pitied him, made it easy and gave him White Yin to kill. Killing White Yin kills also Izanami. She gives him a chance to do what he should have done in the beginning and decrease any guilt from killing her or from bringing on the Apocalypse by not killing her.
I don't think that Izanami would give up on her plan, or Shion/Izanagi on the new Earth that he made for Suou. We can just made up some possibilities about Izanami significance in the making of the new Earth (as you said below). Probably Yin showed up by herself.

Quote:
Suou is the only one left that can help Hei mentally if something goes wrong. She's the ace up the sleeve for whatever is left in the Mitaka document. A light of hope in the dark path that he treads now. Plot insurance.
Hei liked Suou in a fraternal manner. But that was it. His aim was always been Yin/Izanami, that's why he refuses to go to the new Earth when Izanami asked him.

Quote:
Yes, that meeting did spell doom. It was a done deal for a while now. That scene was the reunion that should have happened. Yin gave him her wishes so if he did fry her then he wouldn't be guilty for the rest of his life and any appearances would not mean we get Hobo Hei again. Fry or not fry is left up to the viewer until season 3 is announced.
I agree with you, we must wait for S3, and it's kind obvious that it will come. But, if Him fried her, it doesn't make sense the new being awakening.

Quote:
There's no reason for Izanami to ask Hei to kill her. It would be much more easy take control of a contractor and herself finish the job. Yin asked it for Hei because she was never an evil character, and so she doesn't want me held resposable for the awakening of this new evil. And again, if we have a new being, it's clear that Izanami/Izanagi marged and build it.

Quote:
2) White Yin returns to her old body, Black Yin is destroyed
For this to happen, you have to completely ignore 1 where it was white Yin who asks to Hei to kill her.
A I said, Izanami couldn't be destroyed.

Quote:
while Suou is important to Hei, but not nearly even close to being a romantic relationship like white Yin was. After all, White Yin means the entire world to Hei.
I agree.

Quote:
So in essence, the start of armageddon really was brought about by Izanami and Izanagi meeting, because them meeting was the entire reason why Hei would've made that wish to bring about the world's destructor as a side effect.
kill Izanami probably means loose the one he loved like an woman and the one he loved like a sister, who was living in a happy world with her family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleo1 View Post
Izanagi
it seems strange to me that, while both Yins & Shions body are lifeless, there are 2 spirits of Yin ('good' Yin + Izanami) and that Izanagi is nowhere around.
Well, we really don't know how Izanami ended inside Yin. And in th end, what is Izanami? Izanagi was just a codename for Shion, as Amber foretold his actions and S3 took action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleo1 View Post
the Personification of the Gate
- both Shions and July's spirit are being sucked into it
- it says: "I granted his wish"
Yin/Izanami might be capable of a lot of things, but granting wishes is not her department a.f.a.i.k.
I think it's her part in the deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
I'm also confused on July and his wish. He wished to be with Suou, does the soul-sucking mean he had his spirit taken to the new world? He does seem to remember Suou. I'm just a little confused by it because if that was his wish, him not remembering her doesn't seem like a fulfillment of his wish.
When she said that she granted his wish, she is talking abou Shion's wish. Unless it was a desire from Shion, or Oirelle's weird twin dolls doing, don't think it is possible for July to remember Suou. But maybe Bones just got too much emotional, don't really know and for a S3 don't think it will be important, but lets be patient and see.

Well, this season just gave us more questions than answers. But, after all, it really created a great mood for the upcoming OVAs and a S3. A great final with the right OST, congratulations to Bones.
Old 2009-12-27, 14:39   Link #238
Kallen4life

who's 2 voices were that with the super-computer in the end ?

only new Suo and July are on the copy-Earth ? rest we see is all original ?

would Earth 2.0 have Gates ?

who did the back-from-the-dead Mr. Mage work for ? Japan? July worked for the same people as him from the start - to help with the Suo's memories experiment ?

soo they have that killer-kid now + Tokyo is overrun with USA forces and yet still Misaki seems happy ? :O .. well, she did get to see Hei .. man, she must really like him

Hei walking with Yin in cosmos - WTF ?!

the whole Black/White Yin is ambigious on purpose IMHO amd irrelevant to a point (the killer-kid did come to be, Shion's plan worked, Hei is still kicking, whether Yin is - we'll see in S3)
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2009-12-27, 16:28   Link #239
orion

If Yin is still alive and comatose, she only has 14 days left to live anyways imo. If she lived, she took part in the "birth" of Kagutsuchi and contributed to the death of Old Earth. Killing her would have been the kindest thing to do imo.

Plus, if she was alive, he would have wrapped her in his coat imo.

So which sky do you think he is walking under? Old Earth or New Earth? Misaki's epilogue said that she never saw him again.

Being an optimist, I root New Earth. Suou having a feeling that someone is watching over her comes true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
No , not at all.
1. She is just a copy/doll
2. She is still alive
3. She didn't contribute much anyways

-> absolute wayne

In season 1 she would get 2 episodes and that's about it.
The whole season is about Suou and Hei. Saying she didn't contribute is so off base it's ridiculous. She's not a doll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby View Post
Am I the only one who found the Hei x Suou moment very touching? I know Hei is special, but arent contractors supposed to be not able to lie? He obviously knew they wouldn't be together.
No I found it touching and my favorite scene in the episode. The Hei awakening scene/music is second.

Edit: The Hei x Suou scene was as good as the "final money shot scene" in The Princess and the Frog. Hei gave Suou a proper send off imo.

And you never know. Suou is feeling that someone is watching over her. It could be him.

Last edited by orion; 2009-12-27 at 19:07.
Old 2009-12-27, 17:15   Link #240
Kallen4life

I also wonder if Hazuki survived that fight - if she did she's one badass mother

although, they'd show her if she did

although, no corpse -> she can be back for S3
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Closed Thread