AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 117 68.42%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 17.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 7.60%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 2.92%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.58%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.58%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.75%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-19, 00:22   Link #321
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
You guys forgot they have the option to call the NUNS from Earth as well. Of course I implied that, but I have to point out it seems...
Leon has already vetoed the idea of calling in support from Earth, with the implication that he can't rather than won't. The secondary hidden agenda of the attack is recoup his losses/cover up his misdeeds, so more likely than not, getting an outside force to intervene will bring up lots of unpleasant questions, and that fleet might not be guaranteed to be on his side.

Not to mention Earth might not be keen to involve itself in a war of annihilation with a race of beings that can fold space perfectly at will. They even turned down Max Jenius' similar request for assistance against the Protodevlin.

The last time they used DEs as planet busters against the Vajra at Gallia IV was completely uneffective as well, and that was a surprise attack.

Last edited by glyph; 2008-09-19 at 00:36.
Old 2008-09-19, 00:22   Link #322
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Well there is the matter of pride...

Pride huh?
I think it's better to have Vajra gone for good than some stupid pride thingy!!!
I don't think Vajra can survive a supernova...

Anyway Leon saw some destroyed buldings on a screen, were they image of the wrecked colonies or buldings on the planet?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
Leon has already vetoed the idea of calling in support from Earth, with the implication that he can't rather than won't. The secondary hidden agenda of the attack is recoup his losses/cover up his misdeeds, so more likely than not, getting an outside force to intervene will bring up lots of unpleasant questions, and that fleet might not be guaranteed to be on his side.
I was talking from a military POV... not survival/political POV...
Old 2008-09-19, 00:22   Link #323
aneeshadc

@ golthin
Thnx for the klan monologue translation.

And I dont think Sheryl was hoping for a confession at all, you do realize she believes alto loves ranka. That's why she wants him to save ranka so that alto can make his final choice b/w the two of them properly. I think she was touched when he says that he's realized that he's not flying alone anymore or something to that effect & maybe this even gave her a bit of hope that she had a real place in his heart somewhere. So she wanted a real decision from him again after all the fighting was over & all three of them were safe. But she was already prepared to give him up. A confession was not what she was looking for there, IMO.

Also, I like that he said "wait, sheryl, I..." much better than "But" because there's more protest in that than there would have been in a "but".
Old 2008-09-19, 00:23   Link #324
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

All i have to say is i'm not liking how this series is ending so far...

it's like.. oh btw Sheryl is related to the Nomes (even tho we already guessed so)

it seems that the character of Sheryl really has become very unimportant except for being there and having some physical connection to previous Macross series...
I really liked the character development when she found out she was going to die and she sang for all those ppl in the shelter. But they seem to really be going in the wrong direction here afterwards...
Old 2008-09-19, 00:29   Link #325
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
absolutely fucking blown away

sheryl won.....amazing
great battle scenes

Id vote a 15/10 if i could, the whole songs plus scenes was incredible, the cliffhangar GAH THIS IS AMAZING

sheryl divebombing into the stage basara style was incredibl
Old 2008-09-19, 00:35   Link #326
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post

Not to mention Earth might not be keen to involve himself in a war of annihilation with a race of beings that can fold space perfectly at will. They even turned down Max Jenius' similar request for assistance.
As I and another fic author has surmised Leon wouldn't want a NUNS investigation especially if will involve the likes of the VFX-Ravens or Dancing Skulls.

Leon didn't just hijack a Battle section he hijacked an entire colony for his ambition to rule the galaxy.

If what he had in mind came to be we are going to see Varuta level of war production.

He's going to make it spin that Earth and the rest of NUN abandoned them.

In a way Leon is a military hawk version of Lynn Kaifun.
Old 2008-09-19, 00:37   Link #327
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
2 things

top gun music ftw

was that a macross galaxy cruiser? the vajra were ignoring it.
Old 2008-09-19, 00:41   Link #328
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCL View Post
2 things

top gun music ftw

was that a macross galaxy cruiser? the vajra were ignoring it.
Grace hacked Ranka thus hacking the Vajra.
Old 2008-09-19, 00:42   Link #329
aneeshadc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukiyomi View Post
All i have to say is i'm not liking how this series is ending so far...

it's like.. oh btw Sheryl is related to the Nomes (even tho we already guessed so)

it seems that the character of Sheryl really has become very unimportant except for being there and having some physical connection to previous Macross series...
I really liked the character development when she found out she was going to die and she sang for all those ppl in the shelter. But they seem to really be going in the wrong direction here afterwards...
Just out of curiosity, what direction did you want her character to be taken in ?
Old 2008-09-19, 00:42   Link #330
Wesley84

If the SMS couldn't nail Leon, I don't see what he has to fear from the NUNs.
Old 2008-09-19, 00:43   Link #331
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Grace hacked Ranka thus hacking the Vajra.
Ranka is seeing something different that what is actually happening! Alto saw the same thing she is seeing when the earing connected him with Ranka!
Old 2008-09-19, 00:44   Link #332
Paul Hausser
Colonel General

Quote:
Thing is, I hate Grace. I hate the whole "Imainvinciblehacker"-thing. I hate her theatrics, I hate her motiviations. I hate how she's basically forcing everyone to gang up on and bring her down. She's taking the end boss thing way to literally.

Any character that relies on hax mind-controlling abilities needs to be dragged out into the street and shot. Actually convincing someone, coercing someone, making them do what you want without subjigating their very being, that's what makes a good villian. The less hax the better.
There are very few characters who can pull it out well. Anime is known for lack of subtlety in this department. Last time I saw something like this was in... "Monster"?
Old 2008-09-19, 00:45   Link #333
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Hausser View Post
There are very few characters who can pull it out well. Anime is known for lack of subtlety in this department. Last time I saw something like this was in... "Monster"?
I think Rau Le Cleuze counts as well.

Otherwise, I agree. That's why they should abandon subtely all together, and have more minions. Grace doing everything herself is just silly.
Old 2008-09-19, 00:49   Link #334
Paul Hausser
Colonel General

Quote:
I think Rau Le Cleuze counts as well.

Otherwise, I agree. That's why they should abandon subtely all together, and have more minions. Grace doing everything herself is just silly.
Well, I'd say Kawamori has read "Ghost in the Shell" a bit too many times. Still, if O'Connor is inspired by the Awakened Major, she's sorely lacking when compared to the original.
Old 2008-09-19, 01:00   Link #335
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
If the SMS couldn't nail Leon, I don't see what he has to fear from the NUNs.
The NUNS under his command no.

But the military pricks on Earth yes.

It has been 8 years since somebody tried a coup on Earth. And that was a high ranking UN Spacy officer.

Nobody will forget that Wilbur Garland hijacked the Macross 13 Battle 13 to take control of Earth by force.

That what Leon is planning, take over Earth and the rest of the NUN with his new weapons and anti-fold lag technology.

Remember what one of his stooges said to Grace "There can only be one ruler of the galaxy."

Now he can't tip his hand yet handling the main NUNS fleet until he has accomplished controlling the Vajra homeworld.
Old 2008-09-19, 01:05   Link #336
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
In a way Leon is a military hawk version of Lynn Kaifun.
Oh, God. Please, NEVER EVER remind me of that name ever again. Already I hated Minmay, BUT this guy was a real piece of trash from start to finish.
Old 2008-09-19, 01:05   Link #337
Wesley84

Quote:
The NUNS under his command no.

But the military pricks on Earth yes.

It has been 8 years since somebody tried a coup on Earth. And that was a high ranking UN Spacy officer.

Nobody will forget that Wilbur Garland hijacked the Macross 13 Battle 13 to take control of Earth by force.

That what Leon is planning, take over Earth and the rest of the NUN with his new weapons and anti-fold lag technology.

Remember what one of his stooges said to Grace "There can only be one ruler of the galaxy."

Now he can't tip his hand yet handling the main NUNS fleet until he has accomplished controlling the Vajra homeworld.
Ah, I thought you meant for what he'd done on Frontier. He's probably untouchable for everything he's done there though, unless they capture Grace's head.
Old 2008-09-19, 01:14   Link #338
MaiHikari

Thoughts on the episode:

Spoiler for 24:

Animation: 10
Plot: 8 (good to learn of Sheryl's origin, but repeated plotlines with Ranka flashbacks)
Romance: 10 (for Sheryl x Alto scene)
Music: 9 (don't be late was good but DYRL was rather anti-climatic)
Overall: 10

Last edited by MaiHikari; 2008-09-19 at 01:25.
Old 2008-09-19, 01:25   Link #339
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
Thoughts on the episode:

Spoiler for 24:

Animation: 10
Plot: 8 (good to learn of Sheryl's origin, but repeated plotlines with Ranka flashbacks)
Romance: 10 (for Sheryl x Alto scene)
Music: 9 (don't be late was good but DYRL was rather anti-climatic)
Overall: 10
emotionless anti-climatic? I thought it was pretty good lol.
Old 2008-09-19, 01:31   Link #340
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

moral of the story: never touch or even try to hurt Jesus Yamato's sisters.

And I was right on the money for even predicting that something like GSD ep 28 would happen....