AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-10, 17:18   Link #21
james0246

I know he "removed" the air, but I am confused if he actually took the air from their lungs, or simply formed a barrier around their bodies which prevented new air from going in (additionally, it is possible that he simply made the gases inert rather than "removing" them). The suddenness of the collapse seems to indicate an actual "removal" of air from an object, but if Caesar could set-up certain 'void' spaces ahead of time, that would also explain the suddenness of the attacks.

That being said, depending on Caesar's ease at moving foreign gas molecules, Luffy could simply use Gear 3 on his lungs, then beat Caesar into submission before all of his air runs out. Of course, this depends on how far Oda is willing to go with Caesar's power.

Additionally, a big hint as to Caesar's power was seemingly given this chapter: it seems he only affects line-of-sight
Old 2012-07-10, 17:20   Link #22
Rainbowman

A new gas weapon? Is CC planning to auction it or something?
Old 2012-07-10, 19:47   Link #23
hero147

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I know he "removed" the air, but I am confused if he actually took the air from their lungs, or simply formed a barrier around their bodies which prevented new air from going in (additionally, it is possible that he simply made the gases inert rather than "removing" them). The suddenness of the collapse seems to indicate an actual "removal" of air from an object, but if Caesar could set-up certain 'void' spaces ahead of time, that would also explain the suddenness of the attacks.
I have a feeling Luffy would come up with something stupid like Mizu-Luffy, only this time he would plug his nostrils and mouth so that Caesar couldn't remove the air from his lungs. Just a theory though.

But I do wonder, humans are capable of moving their muscles/creating energy without oxygen so Caesar's move wouldn't be an "insta-kill" rather it would put a time limit onto the fight. Time runs out = K.O. Luffy, kind of like how the Moria fight ended.
Old 2012-07-10, 22:15   Link #24
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Luffy doesn't look too bothered to be honest.
Old 2012-07-10, 22:48   Link #25
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
you mistaken. he "changed" rather than "removing" it. he increased the oxygen (or hydrogen or other flammable gas) to make large explosion. he can also change oxygen level by removing it from certain area (probably replace it with CO2 or other gas) so people like luffy go faint

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post

There's still oxygen up that high, only just less concentrated. So the Straw Hats shouldn't of had any problems breathing as long as they stayed within the planet's stratosphere.

well normal person technically die at that high without any oxygen tank or such.

then again OP have different logic. thought i like to hear Oda explanation. like skypeia is actually a dome or such

Old 2012-07-10, 23:00   Link #26
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

The prediction was probably already made but I'm gonna say it anyway. I think the shadow figure at the end of this comic is Eustace the Kid.
Old 2012-07-10, 23:59   Link #27
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreGon45 View Post
The prediction was probably already made but I'm gonna say it anyway. I think the shadow figure at the end of this comic is Eustace the Kid.
It's pretty obvious it was Kid, the other shadow(s) with the curly short hair and the long hair and katana sword are up for debate.
Old 2012-07-11, 00:03   Link #28
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
It's pretty obvious it was Kid, the other shadow(s) with the curly short hair and the long hair and katana sword are up for debate.
In b4 Kaidou
Old 2012-07-11, 00:31   Link #29
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
you mistaken. he "changed" rather than "removing" it. he increased the oxygen (or hydrogen or other flammable gas) to make large explosion. he can also change oxygen level by removing it from certain area (probably replace it with CO2 or other gas) so people like luffy go faint
I don't think we've gotten enough info yet to say that Caesar can actively change the molecular structure of the gases around him. It is one thing to be able to utilize all the gases around you in unique ways (moving specific gases to different areas, collecting other gases together, etc), it is something else entirely to be able to actively change the molecular/atomic structure of the various gases (e.g. changing Hydrogen gas to Nitrogen gas, etc).
Old 2012-07-11, 00:35   Link #30
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

This is One Piece.

If CC can create hydrogen, it would be by drinking water and farting out H2s and O2s from his ass.
Old 2012-07-11, 00:49   Link #31
ronin myael
lost ronin

another break just when things are starting to really heat up?! damn! but i won't complain. maintaining a weekly manga is serious business. i've read bakuman, after all.

this is one of those chapters that just makes you want to read the next one. i am becoming more and more impressed by cc. the guy is not only psychotic, he is ambitious too!

it was nice seeing eustass kidd again, even though he only managed to show up as a shadowy figure.
Old 2012-07-11, 00:49   Link #32
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
This is One Piece.

If CC can create hydrogen, it would be by drinking water and farting out H2s and O2s from his ass.
Again with the farting.
Old 2012-07-11, 03:16   Link #33
game2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
What a chapter. How Caesar took out Luffy & co. is confirmed.

It just get more and more interesting. All of these other pirates coming to the island will be pretty exciting. It will be interesting to see if the newcomers will have an active or passive role, i.e. saboady vs. war for ace.

Is the person smoking a cigar in the last page...Crocodile with Mr. 1??
Hair and body build are off, so no. It's not like he's the only person in OP that smokes.
Old 2012-07-11, 05:30   Link #34
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
I don't think we've gotten enough info yet to say that Caesar can actively change the molecular structure of the gases around him. It is one thing to be able to utilize all the gases around you in unique ways (moving specific gases to different areas, collecting other gases together, etc), it is something else entirely to be able to actively change the molecular/atomic structure of the various gases (e.g. changing Hydrogen gas to Nitrogen gas, etc).
Well, Devil Fruit abilities always seem to create unlimited mass and energy, so its possible for Caesar to literally produce stuff out of thin air.

Like how unlimited amounts of magma, smoke, sand, wax, poison etc. can be created out of nothing, CC can probably create unlimited amounts of gas from nothing.

Even if CC cannot make air molecules disappear, he can probably fill lungs with everything but oxygen to remove it.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2012-07-11, 08:16   Link #35
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by game2007 View Post
Hair and body build are off, so no. It's not like he's the only person in OP that smokes.
I'm well aware that the hair and body build are different. We haven't seen Crocodile post time skip. There is also a glass of wine, which I can't remember whether Crocodile takes.

Its a guess. I do think Crocodile would be a broker, has a side-kick, smokes cigars. It could be a new character as well.
Old 2012-07-11, 08:20   Link #36
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
It's a broadcast..I highly doubt they are coming in person to Punk Hazard.
Ya not all of them. I would not be surprised if Kid shows up near the end.

Impressed that the underground network is so connected, being able to provide live video streams of a PH to the brokers and all.

Really want to see if the marines have an under cover pirates in various important crews.
Old 2012-07-11, 08:42   Link #37
paradox13
zzz

Does anyone have any idea what Law may have wanted to do or investigate before he bumped into Vergo?

He said he wanted 'Monet's help' with something..and he looked pretty serious about it. Then again Law always looks pretty serious.
Old 2012-07-11, 09:19   Link #38
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

lot's of breaks for oda recently...
Old 2012-07-11, 09:21   Link #39
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Does anyone have any idea what Law may have wanted to do or investigate before he bumped into Vergo?

He said he wanted 'Monet's help' with something..and he looked pretty serious about it. Then again Law always looks pretty serious.

I'm pretty sure he was just trying to distract her so Chopper can go ahead and do his thing. For all we know, Law probably intended to knock her out or something before Vergo's arrival....

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
lot's of breaks for oda recently...

Well, he IS kind of working on a movie again, remember. Recall the last time he went on a bunch of breaks was around the time when he was working on Strong World....

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-07-11 at 09:45.
Old 2012-07-11, 09:49   Link #40
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

When he was working on Strong World, he had seven breaks that year.
He had eight breaks the following year, but that was largely due to the four weeks break of time skip.

This year he's working on even more projects such as film Z, stage play, etc.
I expect his breaks to be 8~10 this year.

OP   Naruto   Bleach   HxH
1997   0
1998   0                     3
1999   0     0              15
2000   0     2              13
2001   1     2       0      16
2002   2     3       0      18   
2003   3     1       0      10
2004   3     3       2      26
2005   3     3       2      17
2006   4     1       0      44
2007   4     1       0      40
2008   4     2       1      28
2009   7     1       1      47
2010   8     3       3      28
2011   5     0       1      31

Last edited by aohige; 2012-07-11 at 10:01.
Closed Thread