Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2011-08-13, 20:28   Link #21
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
This is how you do a real animation , Takeshi Koike !!! Really the beginning till the end :O
Wish there were more stuffs like that. Hope it's not the last.
Well the plot isn't special but it was worth watching;
I agree. The plot really wasn't special at all. Man, this thing was hyped alot. From all the buzz it was getting, I thought that it'd be better than it was.

Sakuga fans must be in heaven with this title. It was really nice animation.
Old 2011-08-13, 21:05   Link #22
Forsaken_Infinity

This should be in current series hmm. Haven't found the time to watch it yet. Sigh. Life can be a bitch sometimes.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 08:39   Link #23
ookamigirl

Awesome!!! That was my first impression of this anime movie. Adrenalin filled, action pumped "street" racing with amazing soundtrack that blends in perfectly. The best part of it all is when the put the "nitro" to the test, now that are some crazy speeds!! Mind blowing, awesome adrenaline racing that keeps you glued to the screen. Although at 13th minute I had a flashback at Ganta from Deadman wonderland, the kid was a spitting image. Never mind that now. The Redline on Roboworld was a challenge JP gladly accepted, but that is one weird place and there's nothing easy about this race. Mind blowing till the very end!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 16:00   Link #24
monir
cho~ kakkoii

How come there are not more of you cool people making noise about this movie? It came out you know and there is even a fansub for it. Thank you Umee. All of you folks who are lead-footed and only abide by the posted speed limit when the cops are around the corner, you should be talking crazy in this thread while frothing from your mouth. The dude was driving a car that had 80 mm thick cylinder which can put out 35000 horse power. I mean, come on! It got a hero with awesome hairdo. It got overlords who wears black trench coat. It got a guy who needed to cry to win a brawl because crying makes him stronger. It got death ray weapon. It got immortal biological creature secretly raised. It got hot chick who actually showed balls. No, she doesn't have balls. That was a figure of speech to lament on her gutsyness. The ending song rocks! And it has speed. Crazy, crazy kind of speed. The animation is handled by Mad House who were attuned to the kind of stylistic drawing necessary to bring out the content of the movie to full bloom. I loved it so much. Some screens:

Now if you are a safe driver who is always abiding by the speed limit even at the dead of night where the traffic is virtually non-existant, (NYC doesn't apply) then you are exempt from watching this movie. Also be advised, it will increase your adrenaline level to the point you might temporarily suffer from high heart bit rate. So please don't be alarmed if you are affected by such phenomenon while engrossed in this movie. Use discretion. Ask your mom if you need to.

Also, it is imperative that you have a good sound system to enjoy the movie at its utmost effect. Popcorn is essential. Soda is not recommended. Drink water.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 16:21   Link #25
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
How come there are not more of you cool people making noise about this movie? It came out you know and there is even a fansub for it. Thank you Umee.
Well , it's a shame that this kind of animation aren't popular.
Unfortunately , it didn't sold well in japan , 1000 DVD , 2000 Blu-ray , this is poor for a movie of this quality.
Dunno for the other country , but at Paris , they'll show this movie in cinema.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 16:35   Link #26
Revenger1589
otaku against own will

Amazing movie wasn't it? It doesn't really do anything new but it does everything great. The characters, the story, the music, they all come together in one awesome package full of adrenaline.

The animation is just mind-blowing, the best I have ever seen, it makes every other animated movie look like crap. You have to see it to believe it, no words will make it justice.
Revenger1589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 17:11   Link #27
Forsaken_Infinity

This is epic to watch. But I haven't got time to watch it full yet. T_T
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 20:20   Link #28
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
How come there are not more of you cool people making noise about this movie? It came out you know and there is even a fansub for it. Thank you Umee. All of you folks who are lead-footed and only abide by the posted speed limit when the cops are around the corner, you should be talking crazy in this thread while frothing from your mouth. The dude was driving a car that had 80 mm thick cylinder which can put out 35000 horse power. I mean, come on! It got a hero with awesome hairdo. It got overlords who wears black trench coat. It got a guy who needed to cry to win a brawl because crying makes him stronger. It got death ray weapon. It got immortal biological creature secretly raised. It got hot chick who actually showed balls. No, she doesn't have balls. That was a figure of speech to lament on her gutsyness. The ending song rocks! And it has speed. Crazy, crazy kind of speed. The animation is handled by Mad House who were attuned to the kind of stylistic drawing necessary to bring out the content of the movie to full bloom. I loved it so much.
Well, it didn't do anything new. Most of what you're excited about we've seen before. The plot never explained....

Spoiler for ending:
Old 2011-08-18, 08:09   Link #29
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well , if you're talking about to make senses etc.... you're missing the ploint completely.

It's the animation , the quality of the anime , the plot is standard that's all , nothing new for the plot yes , but the animation is on the top for all things you saw until now !! And you won't be able to see it a lot when you look at the current japanimation. Takeshi had fun to make it , he just wanted to show us such brillant animation with this crazy story which fits what he wanted to do ! It's totally assumed
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 08:39   Link #30
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I really liked this film since it was quite funny and crazy. It also gave some hilariously good lines and awesome moments. Yeah it may not be the most sophisticated story but it's still pretty cool. I'd give it a 7/10.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 10:22   Link #31
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Well , it's a shame that this kind of animation aren't popular.
Unfortunately , it didn't sold well in japan , 1000 DVD , 2000 Blu-ray , this is poor for a movie of this quality.
Dunno for the other country , but at Paris , they'll show this movie in cinema.
It makes me wonder if they just didn't like Madhouse's style of animation.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 18:14   Link #32
Soviet

This was the greatest thing I have ever seen.

That is all.
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 20:03   Link #33
Kunagisa

To quote someone I know, there is only one thing you can say after you watch this.

"REDLINE WON EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING."
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 13:39   Link #34
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Those race scenes...jeez, it was orgasmic. That was some of the best animation I've seen in a long while.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 16:00   Link #35
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Definitely worth watching for the eye candy. Or should I say worth watching only for the eye candy? The plot was pretty craptastic.

I did enjoy the colorful characters and the setting, however. I like that kind of craziness.
Old 2011-08-20, 22:34   Link #36
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

The only problem with this for me is too much commentary in the middle. Other then that, the unrealistic physics and the GARness works for me.

Mcleran do make great cars
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 22:38   Link #37
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

Plot was decent. Basic setup around big feelings. It hit home for me like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

I'm not a racing/cars fan, but the themes in this movie felt familiar. Something about longing for times past and having real integrity in today's world really resonates with me.

I guess the feelings evoked by this movie are somewhat similar to reminiscing about the old days of Group B rally racing. Man vs. machine and what it takes to reign over the other.
Spoiler for Group B craziness:

Could this movie be described as cyberpunk?
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 02:22   Link #38
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarqu View Post
but the themes in this movie felt familiar
This notion (albeit slightly different) is precisely why I don't think the plot is mediocre. The very essence I got from this anime is a man chasing his dream. He was inspired by something very small, but something he grasped and worked toward. JP seemed like a pacifist in the beginning, but he grabs onto every opportunity he sees and pushes himself to the limit for the goal. He is no different than say Luffy from One Piece in this aspect.

The romanticism of all dream chasers is an unparalleled character trait for me. The ending shot of all the racers sweating their asses but with huge smiles on their faces showed no one had any regret. Having the satisfaction of consuming your very best effort for a goal can only be boasted by an extremely tiny faction of adults in real life, which only makes these fictional characters the more inspiring. I often yearn for the feeling of winning an extremely competitive swimming race back third grade, a rush and relief that I haven't felt again even after doing things that undoubtedly would impress others.

The plot doesn't need depth; it provided the stage, which the character used to deliver the theme concisely and stylishly. The resonance might not echo with everyone, but we can all agree JP is the man.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 02:47   Link #39
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Incredible piece of animation from start to finish.

As for the plot? Meh who the hell cares when you have this much fun! The script had heart as did the characters and for something like this that's all you really need!

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 19:26   Link #40
cyth
Banned

Judging from the length of posts in this thread, its simple plot and characters are most definitely a weakness. So you say "who the hell cares if it doesn't?" and I agree with you - it shows!
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, sci fi