AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2018-08-23, 12:07   Link #101
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I don't think a lot of players actually scrapped any of the AR team, at least, not that often (mostly thanks to the auto lock turned on by default and the collection aspect). That said, I'm not surprised if some of them scrapped the likes of M14 or G36 in hope of having more cores for 5* dummy link.
And while I'm not surprised some of them just focus on 5* because of the usual mobage mentality, a lot of them play favorite and rush dummy link/power leveling for mid/low tier characters just because they like them, e.g. Kar and Suomi.

The thing is that while information is readily available in CN, KR and EN, it isn't like they are proficient with these languages at all, so veterans advice and the likes are hard to come by for them unless they know actual JP players who played the CN or KR versions or can read the aforementioned language.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2018-08-23 at 12:20.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-23, 19:38   Link #102
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post

The thing is that while information is readily available in CN, KR and EN, it isn't like they are proficient with these languages at all, so veterans advice and the likes are hard to come by for them unless they know actual JP players who played the CN or KR versions or can read the aforementioned language.
I doubt most players in EN are proficient in Chinese either, yet we're still far better informed, and I really doubt that there aren't at least a handful of Japanese players proficient enough in Chinese and/or English to be able to look up the available guides.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-24, 06:31   Link #103
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I never said there aren't, but the point is that the language barrier is a pretty big deal in Japan, moreso when you have the usual issues when it comes to anything related to China and Korea. Meanwhile, I never implied the majority of the EN community can read Chinese or Korean, but there were definitely much more translation around.

When GF was released in KR, there was a very sizable english community around the game, and you could get reports and guides in English before the EN release (in fact, I could find them quite easily at that time and tried the game in KR but gave up at a certain point). But in Japanese? It was beyond scarce in that regard. The game only gained traction in term of information coverage once the game actually got released in JP. But even during the period when the game was announced, you could barely find any basic guide for it. It was mostly some random dudes making niconico video about event boss like Gaia, but outside of that, it was not the norm.

So the vast majority had to rely on usual websites like gamewith, that don't always have all the basic information.
Old 2018-08-25, 10:34   Link #104
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Well it's boss bullying time where defeating them once gets you masks that you can use in exchange for certain items and a kimono for Kalina.
Old 2018-09-05, 08:55   Link #105
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

DJ Max crossover.

Old 2018-09-06, 09:16   Link #106
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

SAR-21 soon

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-06, 09:48   Link #107
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post

SAR-21 soon
Funny thing. A Singaporean artist drew what his version of SAR-21 would look like for GF months ago.
Old 2018-09-06, 20:37   Link #108
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I've never seen as much enthusiasm about a new gun before in GF as there is with SAR-21, especially among the SG community. Just hope that the rest of her is as good as her preview suggests.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2018-09-10, 12:53   Link #109
Tenzen12

Tomorow we are getting RO! I really looking forward teaming her up with M16!
Old 2018-09-11, 06:16   Link #110
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Cute

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-11, 08:13   Link #111
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

SAR-21 glasses look like they were photoshopped on the original picture for some reason. They are so out of place.

Done with Cube on JP. It was much easier than I expected. I wonder how crazy it would have been if the event was similar to what CN players had, since they apparently didn't have any night battle equipment back then, so that must have been a miss festival.
I'm just missing PSG but I frankly don't want to bother farming E4, simply because chasing after Ouroboros is a PITA.
Old 2018-09-11, 09:12   Link #112
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So the Japanese version had a PV for Operation Cube.

Funny how the english version doesn't have a PV whenever a new event is coming.

Also, Singaporeans are having a blast that one of their nation's guns is now in the game.
Old 2018-09-11, 12:55   Link #113
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

so salt to see that PV because of
1. at that time, I'm not strong enough to even do the 2nd operation cube map
2. I'm not playing in JP server
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-12, 20:37   Link #114
devilo96

Im planing to save up combat data in eng ver
Now my question how many combat data and core to make mod 3 ?
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-13, 00:12   Link #115
Tenzen12

2* need 60 cores, 4* need 120 cores and you will need 9k reports, (4,5k with married doll.) regardless of rarity.
Old 2018-09-13, 00:58   Link #116
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I just heard RO635's lines for the first time taking her out on 0-2 runs... is she trying to be Kamen Rider W?

Old 2018-09-14, 15:40   Link #117
Tenzen12

I am moved T_T. After seven chapters AR team finally got leader. Ro is one they both needed and deserved. Shame ST AR15 isn't with us to see this though ...
Old 2018-09-20, 08:02   Link #118
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I am moved T_T. After seven chapters AR team finally got leader. Ro is one they both needed and deserved. Shame ST AR15 isn't with us to see this though ...
According to people who played on CN and TW servers, not really. RO isn't that good at strategic decisions either.
Old 2018-09-20, 12:33   Link #119
Tenzen12

She proved to be very good in these and she always make sure have veteran or two on her side and listen their advice as she aware of her own greenness. She is perfect example of "skilled but naive" commander. All considered she is on pair with rest of AR team (except M4 who has all ROs flaws but non of her strenght)

Of course we didn't see her full performance, but even just with chapter 7 and chapter 4N we got see enough of her character and skill to give her stamp of approval, even considering occassional mistakes given by unavoidable lack of experiences.
Old 2018-09-20, 19:53   Link #120
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
She proved to be very good in these and she always make sure have veteran or two on her side and listen their advice as she aware of her own greenness. She is perfect example of "skilled but naive" commander. All considered she is on pair with rest of AR team (except M4 who has all ROs flaws but non of her strenght)

Of course we didn't see her full performance, but even just with chapter 7 and chapter 4N we got see enough of her character and skill to give her stamp of approval, even considering occassional mistakes given by unavoidable lack of experiences.
If you don't mind spoiler, then go to this link on reddit
/r/girlsfrontline/comments/9furbh/who_is_the_smartestcunning_strategist_among_the/

Among them is someone who played on the CN/TW server and outlined why RO isn't actually a good commander and is only starting to get over her issues.

As the guy put it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EX-Xecty said
RO actually performs kind of poorly tbh. She suffers heavily from inexperience, heavily misunderstanding her subordinates a lot (especially SOP) and mission priority (which is why AR-15 called her a failure of a command doll). These are not qualities in a military leader.

Tags
girls with "guns", ios, mobage