AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-08-26, 11:20   Link #101
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Apparently, Eva's living under the alias "Ms. Yukihime" here. Kinda a fitting name.

Also, they're living in the school's staff room. So poor

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 11:26   Link #102
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Touta. The chapter is mostly about him, though the PoV sometimes shifts to Eva. Such as in this scene, wherein we learn that just like Negi, the MC was hit with a heavy tragedy in his earlier years.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Renegade334; 2013-08-26 at 11:39.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 12:21   Link #103
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

For those who want the lowdown on the chapter without hunting for raws (with a few details clarified by a friend).

Spoiler for Summary of events:

You know, Eva makes for a very nice oneesama

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2013-08-26 at 12:35.
Old 2013-08-26, 12:24   Link #104
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
It is interesting that Eva did treasure her friendship and the time she spnd with her classmates. That friendship did change her I guess.

On the oher hand, she is still a shotacon. Makes me wonder, is Touta related to the Springfield family since Eva only interested in Springfield.
Spoiler for Chapter 1 raw:
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 12:35   Link #105
chaosprophet

A quick translation by me of the Eva monologue, which is the first three pages (page 1-2 are the first two ones in this post, and page 3 is the one posted here):

Spoiler for ch1pg1-3:

Now my theory considering those 3 pages, is that this story will be about immortality, and I guess all those characters on paqe 3 are or will become immortal. On first two pages Eva comments about how being immortal is actually something bad, worthless. And then on last page as she is facing the others characters she says this is a story about people who became such a worthless thing.

This would also give meaning to the title. A theory posted in AQS Forums is that UQ is supposed to be the sound for Yuukyuu (悠久) which means eternity (kinda like how people use QB to refer to Kyuubei because the sound of the letter and the word matches). In that sense maybe the title means it's a story about those who are "holders" of immortality, which means those who are immortal.
Old 2013-08-26, 12:42   Link #106
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

... heh, someone's already confusing Eva for Ayaka, though it's an easy mistake considering that sometimes, Eva in this manga does look resemble Ayaka, especially when she's wide-eyed and happy. Also, considering the like for shotas

Last edited by LoweGear; 2013-08-26 at 12:53.
Old 2013-08-26, 12:57   Link #107
chaosprophet

Something funny coming from the boys talk on the beginning. For some time there was a lot of discussion in Negima forums about immortally, one being people asking how could have Negi died on the Asuna sealed timeline and if Eva could die. Here on a discussion about it the boys comment that even with 不老不死 (perpetual youth and longevity / immortality) someone can still die (in this case likely be killed), while one that won't die no matter what is 不死身 (Invulnerability).

On ch342 page 12 of Negima, when Albiero comments about what Negi obtained he uses the first term, 不老不死, and in a way that says that's also the case with vampires.
Old 2013-08-26, 13:01   Link #108
bludvein

So Eva makes the MC a vampire as some sort of desperation move? Then they depart for the magic world and thereby kick off the plot?
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 13:09   Link #109
bones

Does that mean that Negi is not really dead after all, considering that he's conveniently absent from the group photo of Eva's dead friends
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 13:19   Link #110
Amigal
mm... sounds tasty...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Amigal
Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
Does that mean that Negi is not really dead after all, considering that he's conveniently absent from the group photo of Eva's dead friends
No , considering he does not have invulnerability. It is possible for him to die.
Old 2013-08-26, 13:24   Link #111
bones

No, it's possible for him to be killed not die, also you're missing my point.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 13:30   Link #112
Dargor
Welp

The only one that can survive bodily destruction was the lifemaker, and it still didn't pan out for him in the end. Though looking at how fast these people can recover, its practically a moot point.
Dargor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 13:51   Link #113
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargor View Post
The only one that can survive bodily destruction was the lifemaker, and it still didn't pan out for him in the end. Though looking at how fast these people can recover, its practically a moot point.
I guess the biggest point to how hard it is to kill someone like Eva and Negi is the mix of both that very quick regeneration and the sheer power they have. Even without regeneration it would be really hard / needs someone really strong to deal a death blow to characters like that. With regeneration it means you probably needs to be quite stronger than then to be able to kill them, especially considering they could just try to run away too if things get too complicated.
Old 2013-08-26, 14:08   Link #114
ChronoReverse

Colour me interested. Eva as the mentor character has me worried though, vampiric regeneration notwithstanding.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 14:12   Link #115
Dargor
Welp

The only thing that I can think of is that the regeneration must have some kind of limitation, both to keep a work bearable and common sense. If all vampires and what not have this trait, they'd probably be a big problem unless there's a trick to it. That and the fact that we've only seen Negi and eva take a single big hit per fight.
Dargor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 14:15   Link #116
Amigal
mm... sounds tasty...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Amigal
Trick might be that it consumes a lot of stamina/magical power to regenerate.. The heavier the wound the more it consumes. At least I think so
Old 2013-08-26, 14:24   Link #117
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargor View Post
The only thing that I can think of is that the regeneration must have some kind of limitation, both to keep a work bearable and common sense. If all vampires and what not have this trait, they'd probably be a big problem unless there's a trick to it. That and the fact that we've only seen Negi and eva take a single big hit per fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigal View Post
Trick might be that it consumes a lot of stamina/magical power to regenerate.. The heavier the wound the more it consumes. At least I think so
Well way back on the end of Kyoto arc Eva did say that she couldn't die from normal things like normal weapons, and also that healing a damage as big as the she received is quite tiring. So yes, it likely consumes a lot of magic energy / stamina and isn't something they can just do without a limit.
Old 2013-08-26, 14:38   Link #118
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Negi, Asuna and Ayaka are missing from the third picture, Ayaka is sill alive so that leaves Asuna and Negi who is supposed to be dead.
Thus everyone else is dead for real-not-faking-it?

Old 2013-08-26, 14:38   Link #119
Kadi
知識の探求者

I'm not impressed yet.

Spoiler for ch 1:
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 14:43   Link #120
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
Negi, Asuna and Ayaka are missing from the third picture, Ayaka is sill alive so that leaves Asuna and Negi who is supposed to be dead.
I don't see Zazie or Mana either.

And if Negi is still alive, most likely Chacha as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
Thus everyone else is dead for real-not-faking-it?
i think only the pure-human types are dead.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love