AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2008-06-28, 13:52   Link #1
Ending

PunkBuster Problems

Hello all,

I recently ran into problems with PunkBuster, which is an anti-cheating program, and apparently it's caused by a missing PnkBstrB.exe service. The result is that I can't play the game (Enemy Territory: Quake Wars) because it kicks me out the minute I try to enter to a PB-enabled server.

Anyone here got a PB-enabled game (Battlefield, Call of Duty, Quake, Raindow Six, etc)? If so, could you navigate to c:\windows\system32 and send the "PnkBstrB.exe" to me? Or if you got a better solution, I'm all ears. The tools from Evenbalance.com didn't work and I got the latest drivers.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 14:03   Link #2
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

I had the exact same problem with CoD4 but have you tried to manually/automatically update it?
Otherwise, you said their site didn't work for you, are you sure you checked the correct area of the site?

It was so long ago I did this so I don't really remember. If this really don't help I guess I could send it to you.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 14:18   Link #3
Ending

Quote:
have you tried to manually/automatically update it?
Yup, that's what I said: I downloaded the setup, re-install, and update tools from the site and it still refused to install PnkBstrB.exe. It's not even listed in services or located in the system folder like it should.

If you got the file, you can send it to wordplay.ea AT gmail.com. Just no virii, since I would hate to utterly destroy it with a soon-be format

**Edit**

Didn't work. Damn, I'm stumped. The program simply refuses to work, so ETQW got shafted. I can't even crack the program since I have a paid account. Seriously bad software. But thanks for sending the file, AtomicoX.

Last edited by Ending; 2008-06-28 at 15:48.
Old 2008-07-04, 18:36   Link #4
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
Update your Motherboard, Video card, Sound card (If you have one) Drivers.

MotherBoard driver update fixed it on my old computer.

United Leecher Front.

Save your Love ones from Disease.
Folding@Home Team Animesuki
Kurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 07:12   Link #5
Ending

Actually, I formatted my whole comp a few days ago and worked after that. I think the reason why it stopped working was the fact that there are three kinds of patches for the game: server, client, and "1.0-1.5." I probably took a wrong one, so it messed up the PB files stored outside the game-folder (so deleting the game wouldn't help).

Too bad I still found the game bad and trashed it the following day.
Old 2008-07-06, 19:01   Link #6
JaLooNz
Longtime Member

Install pbsvc.exe, and run pbsetup.exe to update Punkbuster.

Then run the game as a administrator.
JaLooNz is offline   Reply With Quote