Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-03-21, 17:28   Link #41
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toukairin View Post
Finally, the moment that was long expected has arrived.

Spoiler for Chapter 497:

Next week should see the conclusion of the manga. It's a real shame that we won't be able to see a full arc on the Olympic campaign.
The wait sure has been a very long one. There are times I wished this to happen a lot earlier than this. I'm still glad that they did.

I read that the author wants to add a sequel to Get Backers, and thus why Area no Kishi is ending soon.

Last edited by LKK; 2017-03-21 at 18:51. Reason: edited quote
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-29, 22:38   Link #42
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

So, it is all over.

Chapter 498 (FINAL)

Spoiler for Chapter 498:

I will not lie when I say that the ending was rushed, as it is the case for several mangakas out there. The confession and the kiss are fine where they are in the timeline of the previous chapter, but those should have marked the start of a new adventure to discover.

There was plenty of time and space to create a full arc that would have covered the entire tournament the last chapter referred to. With the 2018 FIFA World Cup coming just around the corner, writing about a tournament would have been a good way to cash in with the growing interest in international men's football.

It has been a nice ride, but there could and should have been more.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-29, 23:44   Link #43
Kazu-kun

I feel like they dropped the ball with Seven. After she lost in the world cup (to Germany I think), I thought she was gonna bounce back and have a rematch at some point, but it never happened. That was pretty disappointing.

Overall, it was a pretty mediocre manga. It wasted like 100 chapters in characters nobody cares, and neglected the ones we did care about.
Old 2017-03-29, 23:53   Link #44
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I feel like they dropped the ball with Seven. After she lost in the world cup (to Germany I think), I thought she was gonna bounce back and have a rematch at some point, but it never happened. That was pretty disappointing.
I don't think we are alone to share that feeling. Considering that the next big tournament after the Women's World Cup usually is the Olympic tournament, the window was already there for a rematch between Nana and that German duo. And whoever says Olympics also means U23 men's teams competing in their own tournament in parallel to the women's tournament. Kakeru and his friends should have seen plenty of action in there as well.

The fact that the author forgot about the Olympics is extremely disappointing. It was a missed opportunity of epic proportions. I also wanted to see Kakeru and Nana go home with gold medals around their necks at the very end.
Toukairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-30, 12:50   Link #45
ImperialFlameGod8190

I'll be honest i was into Area No Kishi early on but let's be honest soccer stories aren't exactly the most enthralling thing and the only mystery IMO was how long till he confessed and well that's that.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-30, 13:38   Link #46
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
I'll be honest i was into Area No Kishi early on but let's be honest soccer stories aren't exactly the most enthralling thing and the only mystery IMO was how long till he confessed and well that's that.
I beg to differ. Captain Tsubasa and Giant Killing did a great job depicting various aspects of soccer before Area no Kishi arrived.

When Area no Kishi arrived, a few concepts were promising though. For instance, I was interested in knowing how Kakeru would have to deal with his own personal pressure of carrying out his dead brother's dreams, how Kakeru would have to deal with the constant comparisons with his brother when virtually everyone is making those comparisons, and what kind of difference a very talented female player/protagonist would make in helping the protagonist grow.
Toukairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-30, 18:53   Link #47
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toukairin View Post
I beg to differ. Captain Tsubasa and Giant Killing did a great job depicting various aspects of soccer before Area no Kishi arrived.

When Area no Kishi arrived, a few concepts were promising though. For instance, I was interested in knowing how Kakeru would have to deal with his own personal pressure of carrying out his dead brother's dreams, how Kakeru would have to deal with the constant comparisons with his brother when virtually everyone is making those comparisons, and what kind of difference a very talented female player/protagonist would make in helping the protagonist grow.
fair enough i guess to me sports stories are just dull granted i gave P.O.T and Kuroko's basketball a chance for a while

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote