AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-18, 21:47   Link #221
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

It seems a little odd that anyone would say that if Lelouch hadn't had Geass, then Shirley would have 'won.' Since if this were the case, Lelouch would have only met C.C. briefly as a child and Kallen he would have known only in passing (and she would have died at Shinjuku). Basically, it's like saying that if there were no competition, Shirley would have 'won.' I have nothing against Shirley, and this argument doesn't exactly make Shirley sound like a viable competitor. It's like saying, 'Shirley would have won if she had had no one to compete against.' Well, geez, anyone can win if they're not playing against anyone.

At any rate, why talk about Lelouch not getting Geass. It's like saying, 'If the series hadn't happened, then ShirLulu would be a reality, but no one would care, because the series wouldn't exist.' (Problem is, if Lelouch hadn't gotten his Geass, wouldn't he have died in the ghetto anyway?)

Final note: it wasn't until Lelouch Geassed Shirley in the 1st season that he realized how much she had meant to him. Before that, he was too focused on his goal of destroyihg Brittannia and making a world for his sister to notice that much. This goal would have been the same whether or not he had Geass, so unless he was able to royally screw up Shirley's life w/o Geass's help, I would say LuluXNobody would be as likely as ShirLulu if you really waned to take this scenario to it's conclusion.

youngde, signing off.
Old 2008-12-18, 21:57   Link #222
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

You know what, I agree with everything you just said. I totally forgot what was Lelouch's mindset in the beginning of the series. Good points.

Off topic
I'm still amazed that the people who still post about CG . I was thinking myself and a few others would still be in this forum.
Old 2008-12-19, 04:22   Link #223
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

I'm not sure if I should post it here.

I was thinking something about Gino. I read somewhere some time ago but I can't remember. It was about Gino who came from a noble family used to have a lover who was a maid or a status which is a lot lower than he was. Due to incompatibility of their status, they are forced to separate (didn't think something good happened to the girl). Gino who is heartbroken joined the KoR with his exceptional piloting ability and left his family. His cheerful sunshine personality is just a mask. How true is it?

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Old 2008-12-19, 04:40   Link #224
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post

I was thinking something about Gino. I read somewhere some time ago but I can't remember. It was about Gino who came from a noble family used to have a lover who was a maid or a status which is a lot lower than he was. Due to incompatibility of their status, they are forced to separate (didn't think something good happened to the girl). Gino who is heartbroken joined the KoR with his exceptional piloting ability and left his family. His cheerful sunshine personality is just a mask. How true is it?
I read that, too.
I also read that it's part of the novels and not "canon", even though it can be considered as such because it doesn't directly contradict the anime.
I like the "he left his snobbish family" part (mainly because it gives him a bit more depth), but the rest is definitely too... cliché for my taste. xD
Old 2008-12-19, 04:41   Link #225
Levy
differently sober

Pink I've heard about this too but I can't remember where - maybe are the famous novels, in which case, let's wait for Lie, that seems to have read them. The part about Gino having a lonely and sad childhood is there, IIRC, but no mentions of the girl at least in the summaries I've read.

If you wanna know my opinion, though, I hope the part about the girl is not true. Sounds so much like bad fanfiction XDDDD;;;;

Edit: Nogi... we are DA OTP!(OT3?). We just can't help it!! XDDD
Old 2008-12-19, 04:42   Link #226
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post
If you wanna know my opinion, though, I hope the part about the girl is not true. Sounds so much like bad fanfiction XDDDD;;;;
I love you. xDD
Old 2008-12-19, 05:06   Link #227
Lie

Quote:

Its from the novels, but its junk.
The show contradicted it with Luciano and Gino's talk, Gino's nickname would contradict the background as well.
It is also from the same novels that kinda ship Gino -> Anya.
This is the same source that said Marianne was a good, loving mother.
Old 2008-12-19, 05:08   Link #228
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Pink I've heard about this too but I can't remember where - maybe are the famous novels, in which case, let's wait for Lie, that seems to have read them. The part about Gino having a lonely and sad childhood is there, IIRC, but no mentions of the girl at least in the summaries I've read.

Edit: Nogi... we are DA OTP!(OT3?). We just can't help it!! XDDD
I can't remember what happened to the girl. Something bad happened right? If this is true, Gino is a sympathetic guy. I don't think he will be able to forget the girl easily. That fit into his all dull and serious expression in the OP. Unfortunately, he didn't have enough screentime to allow us know more about him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie View Post
Its from the novels, but its junk.
The show contradicted it with Luciano and Gino's talk, Gino's nickname would contradict the background as well.
It is also from the same novels that kinda ship Gino -> Anya.
This is the same source that said Marianne was a good, loving mother.
What is Gino's nickname? I know how to differentiate what is junk or what is not. Don't worry.
Gino X Anya doesn't fit to me. Anya is not 'mature' enough to think about romance and Gino is probably not able to have any new relationship for the time being assuming the events in the novels happened.
As for Marianne, I feel that it is really hard to say. Many of the characters admires Marianne. Just exactly what Marianne had done is admirable to gain so much respect from so many characters like Jeremiah, Bismarck, Cornelia and even Lelouch before Turn 21 events. She could be a loving mother until the time she decided to prioritize the plan she and Charles had.

Old 2008-12-19, 05:09   Link #229
Lie

Quote:
I can't remember what happened to the girl. Something bad happened right? If this is true, Gino is a sympathetic guy. I don't think he will be able to forget the girl easily. That fit into his all dull and serious expression in the OP. Unfortunately, he didn't have enough screentime to allow us know more about him
The girl was kicked out, and left on the streets.
He runs away from home and joins the military. (Never understood why he doesn't go after her.)
It is a nice background but just has to much in conflict with the show. His personality doesn't make sense, if he had that kind of past. His talk with Luciano and the nickname the Vampire gives him, doesn't make sense.
Old 2008-12-19, 05:14   Link #230
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
LOL Gino is teh 総攻め/sou-seme in the show.
*peeks at all the promo arts with GinoXLulu, GinoXSuza, GinoXRolo and so on and so forth*
Fangirls can practically pair him up with anyone...
Old 2008-12-19, 05:15   Link #231
Lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
LOL Gino is teh 総攻め/sou-seme in the show.
*peeks at all the promo arts with GinoXLulu, GinoXSuza, GinoXRolo and so on and so forth*
Fangirls can practically pair him up with anyone...
I've pretty much come to the impression that his only purpose was shipping bait.
Loli bait, yaoi bait, normal bait, more yaoi bait, more loli bait, more normal bait, bait everyone in ashford, even table bait.
Old 2008-12-19, 05:21   Link #232
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
The girl was kicked out, and left on the streets.
He runs away from home and joins the military. (Never understood why he doesn't go after her.)
It is a nice background but just has to much in conflict with the show. His personality doesn't make sense, if he had that kind of past. His talk with Luciano and the nickname the Vampire gives him, doesn't make sense.
If that is the case, I don't really understand. Did Gino really like the girl? Gino could have been locked up in the house until he was able to escape? (I kind of think that the girl died in the street and Gino found out about it). His personality will make sense if he doesn't want anyone to know about his true past by covering up past at all.

I don't know much about his and the vampire talks. Did he change after the event of him and the girl? I don't know. His all serious look in the OP really make me curious about him.

Quote:
I've pretty much come to the impression that his only purpose was shipping bait.
Loli bait, yaoi bait, normal bait, more yaoi bait, more loli bait, more normal bait, bait everyone in ashford, even table bait.
I will like it of all that above is his masks. His true personality was never reflected and shown on screen due to his past. Gino is another character who is underdeveloped.

Old 2008-12-19, 05:31   Link #233
Lie

Quote:
If that is the case, I don't really understand. Did Gino really like the girl? Gino could have been locked up in the house until he was able to escape? (I kind of think that the girl died in the street and Gino found out about it). His personality will make sense if he doesn't want anyone to know about his true past by covering up past at all.

I don't know much about his and the vampire talks. Did he change after the event of him and the girl? I don't know. His all serious look in the OP really make me curious about him.

I will like it of all that above is his masks. His true personality was never reflected and shown on screen due to his past. Gino is another character who is underdeveloped.
It would work, but I think you are taking the novels way to far. They aren't canon or even based on anything within the show. They are what the writer 'believes', there is no input on them from the actual staff.
In the novel, Gino is implied to be a prodigy of KMFs quickly earning a high rank.
But in the Anime, his title is Silver Spoon Knight (from Luciano). You don't get that title if what happened in the novel were true to his Anime persona.
If it is his real background, then you can somewhat understand some of his actions. But not others. His desire to purge the Japanese seems oddly placed. Then again... he was pretty poorly handled in the Anime in general. This may have been his intended character depth but we just never got it. We never got any of the relationship between him and Anya in the novels, either.
Old 2008-12-19, 05:38   Link #234
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
It would work, but I think you are taking the novels way to far. They aren't canon or even based on anything within the show. They are what the writer 'believes', there is no input on them from the actual staff.
In the novel, Gino is implied to be a prodigy of KMFs quickly earning a high rank.
But in the Anime, his title is Silver Spoon Knight (from Luciano). You don't get that title if what happened in the novel were true to his Anime persona.
If it is his real background, then you can somewhat understand some of his actions. But not others. His desire to purge the Japanese seems oddly placed. Then again... he was pretty poorly handled in the Anime in general. This may have been his intended character depth but we just never got it. We never got any of the relationship between him and Anya in the novels, either.
Yeah. I know. We just need to have his character to be more developed. If not, he is a just a 'sunshine' character up for decoration beside the 'sour' Suzaku as implied by CLAMP.

Silver Spoon Knight definitely make sense if we just watch the anime in general (we should).

Old 2008-12-19, 05:41   Link #235
Lie

Quote:
Yeah. I know. We just need to have his character to be more developed. If not, he is a just a 'sunshine' character up for decoration beside the 'sour' Suzaku as implied by CLAMP.

Silver Spoon Knight definitely make sense if we just watch the anime in general (we should).
Silver Spoon Knight to me implied that he had his way laid out for him because of his family, not his skill.
But in the novel, he runs away from his family, and earns it with his skill.
So I think there is a bit of a problem there.
It's a shame but I think I kinda agree with what Blotty was wondering, Gino's character may have just been put there to make CLAMP happy and be an ornament for 'gloomy' Suzaku.
Old 2008-12-19, 05:46   Link #236
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Silver Spoon Knight to me implied that he had his way laid out for him because of his family, not his skill.
But in the novel, he runs away from his family, and earns it with his skill.
So I think there is a bit of a problem there.
It's a shame but I think I kinda agree with what Blotty was wondering, Gino's character may have just been put there to make CLAMP happy and be an ornament for 'gloomy' Suzaku.
Yup, that is what I thought. Surely, he had some decent skills for him to gain his position as a KoR. Why would Charles give him that high a position if all he has is the noble status in his family? I will say he earned the position but yet give people an impression that he was too laid-back, and get all hyped up and 'naive' about common people lifestyle since he led a luxury life. Why did he join the military? Just for the sake of having fun? Not quite.

Poor Gino . His purpose as an ornament was gone when Suzaku joined Lelouch.

Old 2008-12-19, 07:44   Link #237
sparkle_14310
Black King x Red Queen

Quote:
Yup, that is what I thought. Surely, he had some decent skills for him to gain his position as a KoR. Why would Charles give him that high a position if all he has is the noble status in his family? I will say he earned the position but yet give people an impression that he was too laid-back, and get all hyped up and 'naive' about common people lifestyle since he led a luxury life. Why did he join the military? Just for the sake of having fun? Not quite.

Poor Gino . His purpose as an ornament was gone when Suzaku joined Lelouch.
Yeah sorta though after Suzaku left a lot more people became fans of GinoxKallen
Old 2008-12-19, 08:07   Link #238
Levy
differently sober

quick question: Lie, the girl from the novel was japanese or not?
because the rumor I read about said so, but that's reaaally bad fanfiction. XDD

Anyway, I agree with the fact that tormented background doesn't suit the Gino we saw in the anime.
Old 2008-12-19, 08:25   Link #239
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
quick question: Lie, the girl from the novel was japanese or not?
because the rumor I read about said so, but that's reaaally bad fanfiction. XDD

Anyway, I agree with the fact that tormented background doesn't suit the Gino we saw in the anime.
Yup she was; That's one thing who pushed some people to say "Gino is attracted by japanese woman >>> Kallen x Gino !"
It was kinda cliche, so I never took this one seriously.
Gino needs a better BG -_-

Old 2008-12-19, 08:32   Link #240
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle_14310 View Post
Yeah sorta though after Suzaku left a lot more people became fans of GinoxKallen
Am I the only one who was a GXK fan until Suzaku joined Lelouche?