AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-06-12, 20:20   Link #121
Wandering Soul

I've seen some theme park attractions that use similar techniques, never a theater though. No wonder stage plays seem to be popular.
Old 2021-06-13, 11:13   Link #122
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Was thinking of picking this up. Synopsis isn't much help tbh since it tries its hardest to be cryptic and vague.

How is it? Do y'all recommend?
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-13, 12:21   Link #123
silenceblade

I am having a hard time understand Aqua's personality. Before he became twisted due to Ai's death his otaku personality seem fake.
silenceblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-13, 12:56   Link #124
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenceblade View Post
I am having a hard time understand Aqua's personality. Before he became twisted due to Ai's death his otaku personality seem fake.
He only was only a fan of Ai. It's not like he was a fan of anime or idols in general.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-13, 18:01   Link #125
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

To answer the question above, the manga has been great so far so I would definitely recommend it. Strong cast of characters and it explores some interesting stuff.
Old 2021-06-14, 08:51   Link #126
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^Thanks! I just needed some kind of affirmation that I wasn't gonna waste my time by picking this up.

I started reading last night and I'm all caught up. This has quickly become one of my favourites. I love the characters, the story is great and I've no complaints with the art either. Everything's a win imo.

Admittedly, I'd say the weakest part of the story for me is Aqua's revenge sub-plot, but I can understand why it's included since we need some kinda stakes for the main character to invest in. That's not to say that I deem it unnecessary, just that I think it the weakest part of the overall plot. The way he became so twisted is also something I didn't completely agree with. Granted, he was first responder and it would've been extremely traumatic for him, especially when we factor in his past life as a doctor and his own murder prior to reincarnation. However, even tho Ruby didn't actually see what happened, she would've still been affected by Ai's murder as well, but she handled it much better than Aqua did.

The saving grace is that Kana seems to be the tether his old self and keeps him from completely diving into the darkness, which is a little strange considering that they only have one encounter prior to reuniting in high school (it'd make more sense for Ruby, Miyako or Taishi to be his tether). Also, as far as shipping goes, I ship it!!! Akane's nice and all, but so far, Kana has her beat when it comes to having an overall impact on Aqua's characterization.

I am a little concerned that this could go the incest route tho. I'm not sure how it'll be on Aqua's side, but I feel as tho if Ruby finds out that Aqua was Dr. Gorou, it could change things. It also doesn't help that every now and then, the author teases that they could eventually find out about each other's past lives. Aqua's already a massive siscon as it is, I don't even wanna know what he'll be like if he finds out Ruby is Sarina.

Lastly, shoutout to Miyako. I really liked how she chose to adopt them following the aftermath and the gesture that she thought of them as her own kids really resonated with me. Ruby may not call her mom, but you can definitely see that she more or less considers her a mother-figure and while Aqua may not openly express it, you can see how much trust he has in her. Actually, if I'm being honest, she was more of a mother to them than Ai was, traditionally speaking. Therefore, it made a lot of sense that she be the one to adopt them after all.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2021-06-14, 09:15   Link #127
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Incest route is pretty much out of the question. Ruby might start looking at him differently if she finds out who Aqua was, but ultimately, they've spent more time being brother-sister than being doctor-patient. For Aqua, it wouldn't change much. He was protective of Sarina, he's protective of Ruby.
Old 2021-06-14, 11:01   Link #128
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^I hope that's the case because this story will not benefit from an incest sub-plot at all. The only thing it'll serve to do is unnecessarily complicate any potential romance routes and I don't need nor want that especially when there are already two excellent choices for potential romances in Kana and Akane. The reason why I got a little concerned about an incest route in the first place was seeing Aqua's reaction to Akane's Ai impression.

Also, I'm not too worried about Aqua for I feel he'll more or less remain the same as he is now, but like you said, I feel as though Ruby would the one who'll start looking at him differently and on the off chance that happens, I hope the author doesn't go all in on that idea. This story is strong enough on its own to not rely on controversial elements to bolster its relevance.
Old 2021-06-21, 12:39   Link #129
silenceblade

It seem that the difference between normal actors and genius actors is that all genius actors uses an acting style.

Aqua uses Practical Aesthetics acting (when acting seriously)
Akane uses Stanislavski acting
Kana uses Meisner acting
Lalalie's headliner Himekawa uses Method acting (guessing based on his weird personality and extremely realistic performance)

Last edited by silenceblade; 2021-07-09 at 20:18.
silenceblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-14, 17:47   Link #130
Wandering Soul

It looks like, despite starring in a few adaptions, Kana doesn't read or watch a lot of anime or manga. Otherwise, she would know being a childhood friend isn't really a plus for her.
Old 2021-07-15, 04:21   Link #131
Sixth
Nobita

It seems that MC's PTSD kicked in.

I think it is think for MC to accept the reality and move on.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-15, 16:59   Link #132
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I had forgotten what Aqua's former self looked like, it's only when he started talking that I realized who he was.
Old 2021-07-15, 23:39   Link #133
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

It's about damn time that Aqua finally get some character development! For some time now, it was starting to feel like everyone but him, were resolving their issues and moving forward. Hell, Kana especially and to a lesser extent, Akane have been hogging all the attention lately.

He really needs this too if I'm being honest. We've never really seen him be vulnerable in the presence of others because even when he's dismayed, he never outwardly shows it. Now that his PTSD's kicked in, it gives the supporting characters the opportunity to help him begin his healing process and also improve his interpersonal relationships going forward. Even if they don't help him right away, this event clues them in on potential issues that would eventually need resolving and creates a plot thread that would be addressed later.

Tl;Dr: The important thing here is that they now know Aqua has his own troubles to deal with and if the author handles this correctly, it could be a big game changer for his characterization and strengthening his relationships with others.
Old 2021-07-28, 20:53   Link #134
Shadow5YA

I noticed there was the Hoshino trademark sparkle in her Akane's eyes when Aqua mentioned Ai in his sleep. It must be intentional, since her pupils weren't like that in the earlier pages of the same chapter.

I wonder if she automatically started emulating Ai at that moment.
Old Yesterday, 02:21   Link #135
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

I didn't expect my prediction to be almost spot on. Surprised myself there tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I noticed there was the Hoshino trademark sparkle in her Akane's eyes when Aqua mentioned Ai in his sleep. It must be intentional, since her pupils weren't like that in the earlier pages of the same chapter.

I wonder if she automatically started emulating Ai at that moment.
That's her method acting at work there. The star in her eyes is probably the author's way of telling readers that her switch was flipped. Remember near the end of the Reality Show arc, she used her method acting to (accurately) recreate Ai's personality and even (correctly) deduced aspects of her private life after studying her extensively from media she was featured in.

I hope this (Akane's emulation of Ai) doesn't become a common occurrence going forward as it'd do nothing to help either Aqua or Akane with regard to their characterization and could instead have negative implications for them in-story and via readers' perception of their characters. That said, this event has confirmed her previous speculations and we can more or less be certain that she'll become a major supporting pillar for Aqua going forward.

Now that Akane's been clued in on Aqua's circumstances, it shouldn't be too long before Kana acquires a trump card of her own. As for what that trump card is, I don't know, but I look forward to seeing what the author comes up with.

If I were a betting man, I'd say that Kana's contributions towards Aqua's character development would have to do with his present or future and I'd say that Akane's contributions would deal with his past. That's the most I can speculate at the present time.
Old Yesterday, 07:34   Link #136
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Akane could be a detective.
Old Yesterday, 10:14   Link #137
Sixth
Nobita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Akane could be a detective.
At least we know what is the best and suitable next career for her when she retired from a wash-up actress in the future.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 13:37   Link #138
Wandering Soul

So it was actually Akane that figured it out first. I imagined that Kana would be the first to find out, but I guess the author wants to set up something different for her.
Old Today, 04:11   Link #139
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post

Now that Akane's been clued in on Aqua's circumstances, it shouldn't be too long before Kana acquires a trump card of her own. As for what that trump card is, I don't know, but I look forward to seeing what the author comes up with.

If I were a betting man, I'd say that Kana's contributions towards Aqua's character development would have to do with his present or future and I'd say that Akane's contributions would deal with his past. That's the most I can speculate at the present time.
"Trump card"? A relationship goes both ways. Akane may have found a reason to devote herself further to Aqua, but the same doesn't apply to Aqua towards Akane.

He still doesn't know that Akane knows.

Tags
celebrities, entertainment world, mystery, reincarnation, revenge, tragedy