AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2021-02-23, 11:41   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1005 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

That time is upon us once again! Credit for spoiler info goes to Redon and co. at AP (which is finally back online):

-Chapter title is "Devil Child". Splash features Katakuri.

-Black Maria still "urges" Sanji to call for Robin, saying she'll be trapped by her webs as soon as she enters her territory! She then proceeds to mercilessly beat the cook with brass knuckles! At first, Sanji is silence, but he suddenly decides to say something after all...... as he begs for Robin to save him! As previously established, those who wear the eye talisman share hearing and sight, so his plea is spread throughout the island!

-...And that plea for help gets answered..... not only by Robin, but Brooke, as well! As Robin targets Maria, Brooke freezes all her webs, setting the cook free! Robin tells Maria that she becomes a demon when her friends are hurt, and thanks Sanji for trusting her.

-We then cut to Yamato's group. Curiously, we learn that the spy animals wearing the talismans aren't actual animals, but cyborgs (called Merries, apparently). And it's thanks to the Merries that Kaidou's men discover where Yamato's group are hiding, and launch an assault! Finally, as Black Maria is now too preoccupied with Robin and Brooke to exterminate the Scabbards, that task falls upon a new volunteer: Jack the Draught! He recovered from the earlier battle with the Scabbards, and wants to settle things once and for all! However, Sanji says he'll go back up Kinemon and co. That leaves the duo of Robin and Brooke vs. Black Maria....!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2021-02-25 at 10:37.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-23, 15:13   Link #2
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sanji vs Jack it is then. I admit I didn't think Jack would come back.
Old 2021-02-23, 15:19   Link #3
Hoodspirit

Sanji to Robin: I wadda live!!!!

Not very excited about the spoilers.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-23, 17:14   Link #4
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Sanji vs Jack it is then. I admit I didn't think Jack would come back.
Like I said before, there was no way Jack was done before showing off his hybrid form! Now that leaves Orochi and Kanjurou as the remaining "fallen" players who've yet to make a return.....
Old 2021-02-24, 01:24   Link #5
Hoodspirit

Now that I think about it, Oda has Brook probably remain vs Black Maria so he can use him vs CP0.
Sanji just announced to them where to find her.
Old 2021-02-24, 18:08   Link #6
Itsmepatrick

Hope that after fighting Jack. He will have an additional major fight this time against Queen or King to help Marco as I don't believe Marco was capable of defeating two Yonko Commander.
Itsmepatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-24, 19:09   Link #7
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsmepatrick View Post
Hope that after fighting Jack. He will have an additional major fight this time against Queen or King to help Marco as I don't believe Marco was capable of defeating two Yonko Commander.
Marco was able to hold down King and Queen, Izo will probably joins into the fight since it will be Whitebeard Remnants vs King and Queen. If Sanji wants to join the fight, he needs to use his Raid Suit.

Though I'm expecting more unexpected guests like Katakuri to join the fight.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-24, 22:02   Link #8
judasmartel
*Author

I wonder if Robin will finally get her first serious 1v1 fight in the New World, her first one since Yama in Skypiea.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-24, 22:08   Link #9
Ramero

Isn't her first fight is with Hammond after two years? Oh wait, it was over too quick for a fight.
Old 2021-02-25, 06:40   Link #10
Hoodspirit

The translation/term for the animal-spies should be interesting. If these are robots, Tama's power will obviously not work and can be used as a trap for her, but if these are indeed cyborgs, they should work.
Could be used to give false reports to the commanders, by using manipulated gifters and/or pleasurers and waiters who will change side after Chopper is done with the antidote.
Old 2021-02-25, 09:50   Link #11
Itsmepatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Marco was able to hold down King and Queen, Izo will probably joins into the fight since it will be Whitebeard Remnants vs King and Queen. If Sanji wants to join the fight, he needs to use his Raid Suit.

Though I'm expecting more unexpected guests like Katakuri to join the fight.
That's it Yes I agree that he can hold down them down but that's it. He cannot defeat the two All Stars single-handedly so he needs some help which I think Sanji will do after his upcoming fight with Jack. Remember what the Cp-0 guy said even if the alliance can defeat Kaido as long as the executives are still there they're bound to lose.

Well the only possible guest to possibly join this war were the Big Mom pirates,Cp-0 and maybe Marines .Blackbeard is busy acquiring something.But well it'll be great if at least an Admiral join this War like maybe Greenbull.
Itsmepatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-25, 09:58   Link #12
Zolton

Oda drawing chapter 1005: "I'm going to draw like half a dozen pages of the whole Onigashima listening to Sanji's screams"
Does Oda hate Sanji or something? This is overkill.
Zolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-25, 10:47   Link #13
marvelB

Summary updated! Well, no doubt many will find Sanji's cry for help pathetic (some characters even comment as such in-chapter! ), but personally, I'm not bothered, now that it's pretty clear he'll face Jack. I see this is a situation similar to Usopp running away from Trebol/Sugar in Dressrosa, only to get a redemption moment later on (awakening his observation haki to take out Sugar for good). Yes, Sanji let himself get humiliated by Black Maria, but now he'll make up for that by taking on an all-star....
Old 2021-02-25, 13:01   Link #14
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Yea its not pathetic thats he's calling for help, its pathetic he got himself in this dire situation himself in first place
Could he have busted out and escape? Maybe but i don't think so without actually having to harm the woman and he would never do that.
Its a grand weakness of Sanji but i'm alright with it, its been there from the start and its stayed that way since and i hope it will continue to be so.
Its great to see Robin respond tho, really hope we get something good here now.
Old 2021-02-25, 14:06   Link #15
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsmepatrick View Post
That's it Yes I agree that he can hold down them down but that's it. He cannot defeat the two All Stars single-handedly so he needs some help which I think Sanji will do after his upcoming fight with Jack. Remember what the Cp-0 guy said even if the alliance can defeat Kaido as long as the executives are still there they're bound to lose.

Well the only possible guest to possibly join this war were the Big Mom pirates,Cp-0 and maybe Marines .Blackbeard is busy acquiring something.But well it'll be great if at least an Admiral join this War like maybe Greenbull.
Well.. Because the alliances are focusing their main battle strength to defeat Kaido, they will be exhausted to fight the executives. Some possible guests that I want to expect is Perospero and Katakuri. For Marines, I expect Greenbull, Issho, and Vegapunk's new arsenals.

But since we're not entering Act 4, the Alliances may withdraw once Kaido successfully drop the island on the capital.

Also, for Sanji, it's quite expected for his doctrine, yeah. But, sometimes it's good to see him weep once in a while.
Old 2021-02-26, 00:01   Link #16
Rainbowman

Funny to see Robin slap the spider lady. 😂
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-26, 00:56   Link #17
Galaxian

Chapters like this one fuel the whole "Oda hates Sanji" notions...

As for me, I do find it disappointed that Sanji's big opponent ends up being someone who is already pretty injured, though I guess Sanji is too.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-26, 03:52   Link #18
mickbis

Momonosuke you lucky bastard
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-26, 06:41   Link #19
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

I thought it was a great chapter. Its been a long while since Robin took the spotlight like this. It really does suck that Sanji's Achilles Heel gets continually exploited throughout the series but the explanation that he can't use Armament Haki against women because Haki is willpower makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
As for me, I do find it disappointed that Sanji's big opponent ends up being someone who is already pretty injured, though I guess Sanji is too.
Throughout the course of this arc, Sanji has:
  • had skirmishes with Page One, X Drake and King
  • Gotten Queen's attention due to him being a Vinsmoke
  • Gotten caught in a trap by Black Maria, and
  • is now making his way to the Scabbards to likely fend off Jack.

My point is can we all just hold our horses and not lock Sanji's big opponent as everyone he goes to encounter or shows interest in him? Everyone loves to get ahead of themselves regarding this.

IMO, the only fights that have for certain been locked in are:
  • Franky vs Sasaki
  • Nami vs Ulti
  • Ussop vs Page One
  • Robin vs Black Maria

I'm not even sure if Jinbe is the one who's ultimately supposed to fight Who's Who. Or if Yamato's going to fight anyone. Or when Chopper's going to get some action. Or if Robin is going to solo Black Maria and free Brook up for his own fight.
Old 2021-02-26, 08:06   Link #20
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sanji being willing to call Robin for help despite knowing a trap has been prepared for her shows how much he trusts her, and I'm really glad Robin understood that. They have a great bond. Nami also immediately understood that Sanji's opponent was a woman.

And damn, Momonosuke is just too lucky. Nami, Robin, and now Yamato. He gets all the tits.