AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku - Episode 31 Rating
Perfect 10 10 16.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 25.42%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 37.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 11.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.08%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.69%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-31, 08:37   Link #21
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldAlchemist View Post
Around 9:32, it's Ink-chan of Moetan, right?
03:42 is the lolicon duck and cat!

Can someone explain the butler battle to me please!

Last edited by grey_moon; 2007-10-31 at 08:50.
Old 2007-10-31, 16:31   Link #22
Zython
Card-carrying Hunter

Can anyone tell me what anime the butler battle for this episode was from? I'd really appreciate it.
Old 2007-10-31, 19:33   Link #23
CrazyPerson

Oh my God! This week's butler battle is something out of my childhood! I don't remember the series that well, but after a bit of searching it seems to be called "Let's & Go". It's a shounen like series about model 4 wheel drive race cars that run on tracks. They run with only a motor and turning is completely based off bumpers on the corners of the frame with wheels. It's a manga/show like Beyblade (I think), but a million times better. If I remember correctly, it's racing with model cars that are modified and enhanced with technology to an epic level. Instead of in Beyblade where ridiculous spinning tops somehow follow the orders of people yelling at them, it's racing in the crazy courses where pre-modifying and how well built a model is wins. The crazy race courses for example, would be like an underground cavern where stalactite fall down and damage/crush cars if they weren't fast enough or something. That course was a duel race between the main character brothers racing against a shadowy underground racing team bent on... was it world domination or racing champion trophy? Can't remember. Anyway, the characters would always run beside their cars like this episode and exchange banter while the cars would perform incredible stunts (and yes, like Beyblade, follow orders somehow, but not to such an extreme...).

Hell, I even bought the model cars of the two main characters when I was a kid, and built them up myself from the part kits that were sold in stores. One of the brothers had a car that would be upgraded and called "(something) Magnum" and Hayate's car was a reference to it too!

That was nostalgic... I have some of the manga for it I think. This stuff if old school, maybe a decade or more I think. It's awesome, I haven't thought about the cars for a long time... I should build up a track and race the two cars again sometime. Dang... that was a ramble and a half.
Old 2007-10-31, 20:21   Link #24
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Sakuya has won overwhelming preference votes from my part.

The 31st episode disclosed very much her maturity, particularly how to properly raise kids correctly by letting to play outdoors or reading them interesting tales, unlike Nagi who just wanted to fed them up with manga and doujinshi that was way too advanced for the kid's level.

And Nagi making another of her toxic stews again!!? May god have pity for their souls.

Hayate even if you were impersonating as Nagi's imouto-san take into account that she still thought of you as a boy on the inside, so you were careless to accidentally touch her on that spot.

Anime references:
1. Yep, Itsuki and Shunji are parody play on Ikki and Shun from Saint Seiya. Very obvious at first glance.

2. The face that everyone overlooked. When Nagi turned to Saku she did the Shinnosuke "Shin-chan" Nohara face.

3. This week's buttler battle parodied "Let's & Go".

Someone earlier posted what else is on the next buttler battle. My answer is that they'll likely would be parodying Beyblade.
Old 2007-10-31, 21:56   Link #25
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

I love this episode. You know why guys??? I am pretty sure you know why... SAKUYA FINALLY GOT SOME DAMN SCREENTIME!!!!. Dammit... what took them so long >_>
Old 2007-11-01, 00:16   Link #26
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Hayate even if you were impersonating as Nagi's imouto-san take into account that she still thought of you as a boy on the inside, so you were careless to accidentally touch her on that spot.
I think we should be grateful that he wasn't playing the baby and Nagi the mum. Dinner time could have been censored followed by an epic beating
Old 2007-11-01, 02:40   Link #27
Jer
(((( _°Д°)))~hwat!?

Send a message via MSN to Jer
Well for those of you who wonder, the butler battle in this episode is in reference to Dash Yankuro. I remember watching it on TV while I was still in elementary school. And I used to own a few 4wd mini racing cars made by TAMIYA. Man, those were the days.
Old 2007-11-01, 04:09   Link #28
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I have a newfound respect and love for Sakuya. It propelled her right up there with Isumi...
Old 2007-11-01, 07:20   Link #29
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Oh dear god Nagi raising children *shivers in a corner* i mean look at what she tried to make Tama do. Can you imagin what would happen given enough time alone with kids Nagi they would be broken beyond repair. Funny episode and from the looks of it we will see a very familiar butler next week i wonder who it could it be
Old 2007-11-01, 08:06   Link #30
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Nagi's out of question, but would you consider hiring Sakuya as a baby sitter?

I mean, she's caring, clever, knows children, and is sort of responsible, part of the time. (Her interactions with Gilbert are less than responsible, but let's ignore them for now...)

But she still has that whacky side everyone is HnG has, and she might force the kids to become comedians...

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2007-11-01 at 13:25.
Old 2007-11-01, 08:34   Link #31
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Nagi's out of question, but would consider hiring Sakuya as a baby sitter?

I mean, she's caring, clever, knows children, and is sort of responsible, part of the time. (Her interactions with Gilbert are less than responsible, but let's ignore them for now...)

But she still has that whacky side everyone is HnG has, and she might force the kids to become comedians...
I guess it depends on how you look at it some of the most successful stars are some of the weirdest. But i do agree with you Sakuya as a babysitter would be a great option.
Old 2007-11-01, 10:49   Link #32
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

return of the puni afro
and now i know what that battle was about thx
Old 2007-11-01, 18:01   Link #33
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Nagi is definitely not fit to raise children, this is even more indication that Hayate shouldn't end up with Nagi..

Overall this show felt average, although i did enjoy some of the comedic moments i felt there was no progress in any of the plot, also the lack of Hinagiku made me angry so meh.
Old 2007-11-01, 18:31   Link #34
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Oh, come on. Her lack of fitness at raising children when she's thirteen means jack about what kind of wife she'll make at twenty.
Old 2007-11-01, 18:33   Link #35
Midonin
Last Engage

I wonder how Maria would've reacted if Hayate had been dressed forced into the baby outfit.
Old 2007-11-01, 18:42   Link #36
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Oh, come on. Her lack of fitness at raising children when she's thirteen means jack about what kind of wife she'll make at twenty.
You know Nagi was born into a life of luxury, those types aren't usually good at household chores and the likes, especially raising children.

There is a big difference in attitude to those who made their own wealth and those who were born into wealth. Nagi's general attitude and spontaneity indicate that when or if she has children, they'll either be looked after by Maria or the army of SP's...

Now compare that to Sakuya whose around the same age (maybe a bit older), she shows an aptitude at raising kids. Using those two as comparisons Nagi obviously is incapable of raising kids.
Old 2007-11-01, 19:04   Link #37
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Sakuya's about as rich as Nagi, by the way...

And, as I said, what she is at thirteen is a poor indicator of what she'll be as an adult. How many people, in our modern world, are any good at raising kids, when they're thirteen?

Even Sakuya. Sure, she can play with them a few hours, but raise them? Probably not, and it's normal. Jeez, what kind of guy expects a thirteen years old girl to be ready to be a wife and mother?

And raising kids isn't all there is to being a wife anyway. She already has breadwinner qualities (I don't remember if it was mentioned in the anime, but she can make loads of money trading stocks).
Old 2007-11-01, 19:31   Link #38
Hikikomori Ja nai
Pony-tails Turn me on >_<

Send a message via AIM to Hikikomori Ja nai
Yes they do mention her proficiency in stocks, however while I don't totally disagree with you about 13 being a much different mind set from 20+, Nagi doesn't seem to have an older figure that she is willing *keyword 'willing' to learn how to be a respectable adult female and take responsibilities such as parenting.
That is why she is her current temperament and not as 'mature' as other characters like Sakuya or Isumi. Can she change and mature? Ofcourse, is she 'willing'? Hell if I know.

In the mean time i'll enjoy more Tama goodness in my HnG

Two other things on Sakuya....

1. I don't think she is as rich as Nagi, not Video store poor, but second tier rich.
2. some decent Zettai Ryouiki from her in this episode...... >_<

Last edited by Hikikomori Ja nai; 2007-11-01 at 19:35. Reason: addittions.....
Old 2007-11-01, 21:10   Link #39
Fruitfly

I would have given this episode an 8, but the ending made up for it when the kids put on the golden armor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikikomori Ja nai View Post
1. I don't think she is as rich as Nagi, not Video store poor, but second tier rich.
Sakuya's family isn't as rich as Nagi's, but calling her fortune second tier is probably an understatement. She owns her own private jet (and some more really expensive things if you read the manga)
Old 2007-11-02, 01:07   Link #40
anselfir
Style Über Alles

well if they decided to make nagi good with children, all that luxury etc does not apply. basically what we have here is a coat of development that only goes so far.