AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-01, 04:00   Link #101
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Sheryl needs to sing another concert. That was my fave part so far.
just buy the album, that's what i did for Macross 7, since they only ever let you listen to a FULL SONG every 10 episodes or so.

prepare for lots of songs being cut short in Macross, unless it's a very vital scene that needs the music.

well, i guess all these frustrating cut-off fuels the desire to buy the songs.

Old 2008-05-01, 04:34   Link #102
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Spoiler:
Um..Whats a "Riber"?
Old 2008-05-01, 08:52   Link #103
Westlo
Lets be reality

Oh I'm comparing her to Hayase from the original series, Riber being Hayase's first love.

Also for people thinking Ranka wll take Sheryl's idol spot.. I was showing a friend episode 1 and they mention Sheryl being in the #1 spot for 17 weeks in a row (Frontier only or Galaxy wide though?).. her career isn't going to disappear. You don't lose that type of popularity just because another artist comes out..

Last edited by Westlo; 2008-05-01 at 09:18.
Old 2008-05-02, 17:19   Link #104
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Sheryl needs to sing another concert. That was my fave part so far.
Going by the track list from the first OST
Spoiler:
Old 2008-05-03, 19:38   Link #105
Westlo
Lets be reality

Playful Sheryl was pretty awesome in episode 5, going by most forums she's won over a lot of people from this episode alone and that should continue next episode. Also Alto's phone was lucky!

Manga Chapter 5/Episode 6

Spoiler:
Old 2008-05-03, 20:30   Link #106
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Should get a classic tsundere scene from Sheryl when Grace asks if she's infatuated with that boy.[/spoiler]
Ha! I had the impression from Episode 1 that Sheryl was much older than Alto, but later, after reading official materials, it turns out Sheryl and Alto are about the same age.

I was expecting tsundere too, but that was ruined man, RUINED.

- Tak
Old 2008-05-06, 00:55   Link #107
vision33r
Oldskool Otaku

Sheryl is a complicated char, she's the modern day singer. She appears business like at the Miss Macross thing then she settles down as a big tease with Altoh in episode 5. So far I'm guessing more tease while I'm feeling Ranka is touched with jealousy by the little affair.

Big difference between Sheryl, Altoh, and Ranka is Sheryl is the only char who is in control of their life. This is why she appears to be older, she seems to know her priorities. While she appears she's sheltered from civilian life but she's not totally clueless like Ranka.

Musically, I guess she's not only a singer, she can also write so she really does have a muscial talent similar to how Basara would get into a song writing state.

I just hope they don't make her into some love possessive freak like Minmei down the road.
Old 2008-05-06, 06:21   Link #108
Westlo
Lets be reality

I don't get Ranka fans using words like boyfriend and affair.. Alto adamantly denied they were boyfriend and girlfriend and he's 100% right. Heck in the manga version of episode 5 Alto states they aren't girlfriend boyfriend right in front of Ranka as well.

Spoiler:

Also if anyones going to be a love possessive freak like Minmei I'll be betting on Ranka atm.. most I see Sheryl losing it over Alto at this stage is something similar to when Hayase walks in on Hikaru and Minmei near the end of DYRL.

Anyone next episode will be good for Sheryl and Sheryl fans.
Old 2008-05-07, 17:57   Link #109
Westlo
Lets be reality

They launched a Sheryl Nome "blog", anything of note in it?

http://ameblo.jp/sherylnome/
Old 2008-05-11, 05:03   Link #110
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Quote:
They launched a Sheryl Nome "blog", anything of note in it?

http://ameblo.jp/sherylnome/
yea, went to take a look... the "blog date" seems to be rather confusing...
Old 2008-05-11, 15:08   Link #111
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

I really liked Sheryl in ep 6. In all honestly now she and Alto make a much better couple than him and Ranka.

Loved the sass she had in the press conference telling that reporter off
Old 2008-05-12, 08:07   Link #112
Zap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Misa is another example, she looks like she's in her 30s.
That's from her 80s "professional" hairstyle and penchant for wearing sweaters while off-duty.
Old 2008-05-13, 01:27   Link #113
vision33r
Oldskool Otaku

For some reason I am not digging the animation in ED6, several scenes with Sheryl sitting next to Altoh and in the press conference the animation is very messy or inconsistent. Sheryl sometimes appear bloated while the 1st three episodes she looks fine, suddenly she looked very bloated due to the poor artwork I believe.
Old 2008-05-13, 01:30   Link #114
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yeah episode 6 had some outsourcing to a studio in the Philippines.. I'm hoping for some scenes in this episode to get redrawn for the dvd/blueray release.
Old 2008-05-13, 10:05   Link #115
Wesley84

I was hoping they'd keep using that "rough" style of animation, where they dropped the detail, but kept up the characters animated and expressionable. I'd rather have a character be alive than be animatronic.
Old 2008-05-13, 16:27   Link #116
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
I was hoping they'd keep using that "rough" style of animation, where they dropped the detail, but kept up the characters animated and expressionable. I'd rather have a character be alive than be animatronic.
me too.

as long as they keep the REAL stars (Valkyris/Meltrandi/bridge bunnies) all pretty i don't mind.

Old 2008-05-14, 15:14   Link #117
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Yeah I didn't mind episode 4 because while the designs were rough/lacking at times the actual animation was just as good as normal and even better in some scenes. While episode 6 took a hit in the designs as well as the animation... but at least the backgrounds and cg work were still stellar... probably because they were handled by whoever usually does them while that Filipino company did everything else.
Old 2008-05-16, 18:20   Link #118
Westlo
Lets be reality

So yeah Sheryl's earring in episode 7....

Spoiler for 7:
Old 2008-05-17, 00:50   Link #119
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Quote:
So yeah Sheryl's earring in episode 7....

Spoiler for 7:

Is that the song while Alto infiltrated that Mothership/bug thing that captured Luca? I though it sounds like some certain(forgot the title) in SEED. Or was it on Destiny?
Old 2008-05-17, 01:18   Link #120
Wesley84

Whatever song she was singing while wearing the red dress. Shame we didn't see more of that sequence, especially considering what we got instead.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters