AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-06-01, 22:37   Link #681
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
I hope there are original characters in the game to increase the cast.
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-01, 22:44   Link #682
Firefly00
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Ar the end of episode we do learn that there are basically two factions from the Dean's statement about the purge. Aubeste probably belongs among the ones supporting the Lords which lends some credence.
And our notional conspirators, as I understand from recent research...

Spoiler:
__________________
White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."
Arc Nova
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-02, 06:58   Link #683
Ultragunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
wait.....don't tell me the reason why Aishela get irritated with Siluca's "father" is because she likes the old guy?
__________________
Ultragunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-02, 07:16   Link #684
HtwoN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Texas, US
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
wait.....don't tell me the reason why Aishela get irritated with Siluca's "father" is because she likes the old guy?
She is also an adopted daughter of Siluca's father. The anime just didn't include that detail.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-02, 07:47   Link #685
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
wait.....don't tell me the reason why Aishela get irritated with Siluca's "father" is because she likes the old guy?
An all too common trope that I wish would die in a fire (adopted daughter having the hots for her father).
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-02, 10:20   Link #686
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Given that the writers seem to be in a bit of a rush, as criticized earlier in this thread, this being glossed over despite being not only believable, but something a good writing team can leverage for character development is an unfortunate possibility.

On another note, I'll just leave this new overview of the upcoming game treatment here...

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I see Starck girl fighting on Theo's side...
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Twitch
AC-Phoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-02, 12:13   Link #687
Wandering Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: America
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
An all too common trope that I wish would die in a fire (adopted daughter having the hots for her father).
It's a common trope? I'm probably just not consuming the same type of media as you, but I can't really recall other instances of that trope.
__________________
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-02, 13:51   Link #688
xeviouses
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Ophir
So to be clear the dean of the mage academy doesn't want chaos to go away because he would lose his magic?
...that is a surprisingly normal reason...
__________________
xeviouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-02, 14:05   Link #689
Firefly00
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I see Starck girl fighting on Theo's side...
Barring any surprises in upcoming episodes, I suspect that particular clip is from a scenario external to the campaign proper. That said, there could also be a campaign focused on Marinne and company (much like how C&C has its GDI and Nod campaigns).

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
So to be clear the dean of the mage academy doesn't want chaos to go away because he would lose his magic?
...that is a surprisingly normal reason...
Yep, this got touched on earlier in the thread - the wide-scale loss of magic might have a plethora of undesirable consequences (for example, vampires would lose their immortality). Of course, allowing chaos to remain might have its own unwelcome results... especially if, as I speculated earlier, it is a realm unto itself and figures there have their own designs for the world our characters inhabit...
__________________
White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."
Arc Nova
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-02, 16:13   Link #690
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
It's a common trope? I'm probably just not consuming the same type of media as you, but I can't really recall other instances of that trope.
Usagi Drop's basically about that. I also remember it in Mai Otome, Gate (though it's more of a footnote there...), Starship Operators...

More examples there.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-08, 12:33   Link #691
wuhugm
Salted Tiger
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hell of Cliches
Loco Girl is dead, good riddance
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-08, 12:47   Link #692
xrick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Portugal
Age: 30
It really turned my stomach seeing her die like that.
I know she did that to show the people that it was the real deal, but still...couldn't she have done it in some other way? Damn...
__________________
Looking for suggestions of Portuguese (of Portugal) Publishers that might have an interest in publishing a LN-style Original Novel Series.
xrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-08, 13:21   Link #693
frodonk
Master of Killing Time
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In the Database
It's loads better than being killed off screen though, like that lord who became an ally and was killed off screen

Basically Prescilla's character was that of a resurrection/healer priest who is kicked out of the party once the fighting has stopped, there were weeks when I even forgot that she's part of the show!

I kind of liked how she always solely appears when somebody's about to die, she'll then do her healing thing and then conveniently disappear until the plot needed her again, and then she willingly dies once her usefulness ran out, very nice!
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-08, 19:50   Link #694
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm more frustrated with Priscilla herself. So utterly accepting of her duty that she had zero qualms about throwing her life away so long as that was the plan. She read the scenario for her life, knew she had to die here, and simply accepted it. Sure it worked, but I can't believe that was the only way to get the job done.

That Pope wasn't exactly a genius or ungodly talented at public speaking. They could have won a debate battle. It might not have been as simple or easy. But neither is the option that Priscilla just went along with. The mental and emotional damage done to Theo and those around him was pretty significant.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-08, 20:26   Link #695
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
I am sure there was not much of a purpose of her dying a martyr. You can have that assassin guy say, "what the hell are you holding there?" and that will cause a bit of a disbelief of the believers and then have Siluca say, "what kind of pope would hide a dagger to kill a young girl?" or something like that.
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-08, 22:08   Link #696
xeviouses
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Ophir
The problem with zealots is that they only hear what they want to hear and follow principles and teachings that suit them. No amount of debate or evidence will shake their view unless whoever leads them wavers first...Poor Priscila.

Nobody told me that the FE anime I'm watching is in Hard Mode...
__________________
xeviouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 09:04   Link #697
ValvraveTruth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
So to be clear the dean of the mage academy doesn't want chaos to go away because he would lose his magic?
...that is a surprisingly normal reason...
Well at outsite you will think the magic association scare of losing their magic after chaos is gone, but in fact it is something more grand. They keep spout out the word pandora, and spoiler alert Pandora is actually a girl not a secret group. The magic association top leaders are just following the will of Pandora to prevent grancrest from unifying. Well no more spoilers here, everything will be explained in the last episode. Trust me, you are going to be dumbfounded by the answer.
__________________
Aikatsu Forever
ValvraveTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 10:03   Link #698
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
That Pope wasn't exactly a genius or ungodly talented at public speaking. They could have won a debate battle. It might not have been as simple or easy.
To be fair, even if they had managed to out-debate the Pope, the entire Church wouldn't have just gathered around Priscilla like that. More likely, it would have ended up creating a schism.

This way, the whole church is behind Theo now.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 10:30   Link #699
wuhugm
Salted Tiger
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hell of Cliches
Crazy girl accepted her own death so there's no problem at all
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 11:12   Link #700
pervypig
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
RIP no more free resurrection; hope they saved up those phoenix downs... oh wait, wrong game...

But resurrection gal's been a game-breaker since the episode she's introduced: she's like some convenient plot device that shows up only for the sake of drama, and is never there when they really need it though (*ahem Theo's childhood friend).
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.