AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2018-06-25, 12:50   Link #161
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Thanks. Well, it seems the Anime isn't properly following that story flow chart.
Anime is mixing multiple chapters/routes together.

Unlike the original series, where story was more liner, Zero story is divided into two different branches: PR and V&A. If they do it normally they will need to put some kind of 'reset button' after finishing one branch which is inappropriate for anime format.

Last edited by Marina2; 2018-06-25 at 13:05.
Old 2018-06-27, 13:19   Link #162
Marina2

Ep.12

Ok, anime managed to give Kagari her childhood memory without changing the world line. This Kagari is now AD Kagari. Next ep. Kagari will probably start to have Kurisu memory pop up in her head (which mean Maho will return too?)
Old 2018-06-27, 13:22   Link #163
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Not exactly because the world line didn't shift. Because of this, Kagari doesn't have Kurisu's memories there.

If they want to replicate PR, they ought to make a WL for some random reason, or make Kagari abducted for a short while.
Old 2018-06-27, 14:45   Link #164
RDNexus

Poor truck... No matter the story, it must have someone show up in front of it
Old 2018-06-27, 17:18   Link #165
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Poor truck... No matter the story, it must have someone show up in front of it
Was Kagari need for an isekai?
Old 2018-06-28, 10:47   Link #166
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Not exactly because the world line didn't shift. Because of this, Kagari doesn't have Kurisu's memories there.

If they want to replicate PR, they ought to make a WL for some random reason, or make Kagari abducted for a short while.
They could still do it without a worldline shift. It's not impossible. They just have to change a few things.

That being said, I can't say what's going to happen.
Old 2018-06-29, 06:44   Link #167
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Btw,just to make sure, during the present exchange event at the Christmas Party, Mayuri brought an orgel that plays that loop song. I assumed that that is the actual source of the song that got overwritten, because I can't remember whether she said she had it made or she just bought it at a store. I do remember the worldline conveniently shifted to Russia just as she was about to tell Okabe about it, so I think the writer made it ambiguous there purposefully. Since the Russia shift only happens in Kagari=Yuki, the loop hinges on whether Okabe met Kagari in the past just as the amnesiac Kagari route. Our Okabe doesn't remember ever learning the song, and since the Kagari=Yuki is the "default" route it is highly likely that Okabe really never met Kagari in the past in that route, so there is no loop as described in RMG. Thus is why I assumed that orgel is the true origin of that song.

Did I miss anything?
Old 2018-06-29, 08:03   Link #168
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

That's the gist of it. As I discussed before, the V&A route is most likely the "base" route and since Suzuha time travel always involve a very slight change in world line, this explain how she could learn the song outside of Kagari's loop.
Old 2018-06-29, 08:40   Link #169
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I see no reason to believe that there was ever any version of the beta worldline where Suzuha never arrived.

Unless there is some sort of source material that confirms this, but that would only raise more questions.

I also see very little reason to believe that there was ever any version of (beta) Okarin who never met Kagari. Again, that would raise a whole bunch of questions. It happened a long time ago, when Okarin was young. Is it that hard to believe that he just forgot?

Or rather, is it that impossible?
Old 2018-07-02, 06:52   Link #170
Marina2

Ep.13 Preview

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
第13話「回折叙唱のマザーグース」

かつての記憶を思い出したかがりは、 まるで子供時代に戻ったかのように、まゆりを「ママ」と呼んで甘える。 しかし、この時代にやってきた直後、鈴羽とはぐれてから現在までの記憶はいまだに戻らない。 肝心な部分が空白のままであることに、岡部は漠然とした不安を覚える
Some sort of RMG-AD hybrid???

I don't really remember that scene with Okabe and Moeka in VN.

Look like ep.14 will be postponed for one week.
https://twitter.com/SG_anime/status/1013739913349554176
Old 2018-07-04, 14:10   Link #171
Marina2

Ep.13 is mostly original. I like many things anime did in this ep. Moeka and Okabe scene for example.

I totally can't tell where is anime heading next with Kagari........two weeks will feel really long.
Old 2018-07-04, 14:19   Link #172
HtwoN

Hmm. Kagari' role might be mixed of PR and VA. She is clearly Amadeus's vessel. But I think she will return in the motorcycle suit sometime in the future.
Old 2018-07-04, 16:28   Link #173
aldw

Curiously, why did Maho stop Okabe's conversation with Amadeus in Ep 3, when that didn't happen in the VN with Okabe himself realizing it? It seems to change the story intent especially when Maho and the others were the ones who had wanted Okabe to continue interacting with Amadeus to begin with.
Old 2018-07-17, 11:22   Link #174
Marina2

YouTube

Quote:
第14話「弾性限界のリコグナイズ」 かがりが突然失踪してから数ヶ月。 岡部たちはあらゆる手を使って行方を捜したが、何の手掛かりも得られていない。 そんな中、ダルと鈴羽はかつて岡部の手で破棄されたタイムリープマシンをもう一度作るため、 真帆の協力を得ようとしていた。
Continue on Presage or Recognize...Look like months have passed since the last ep...We are in summer now.

Uh..Oh...we might get Kagari-yuuki after all.....or just total brainwashed Kagari

Could it be that anime will go to V&A first??
Old 2018-07-18, 11:33   Link #175
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I didn't say much recently considering I wasn't really convinced the way they are adapting parts after Antinomic Dual, but as I expected, they took advantage of the "time skip" so Kagari is actually brainwashed, which will justify her antagonist role in V&A, but also explains how she gets Kurisu's memories, which will be needed for the actual Antinomic Dual from PR route.
That's also why they didn't make her undergo the surgery operation at all, which is probably for the best anyway.
*Please do NOT mention this change in the anime thread, not even in spoiler tags. This might spoil them big time if they were to read the VN after the anime.

That said, the fact she could find Leskinen & co with just the music trigger is a bit far fetched, since they left Japan for a while.

What I'm actually more annoyed by that "route merge" approach is how the events stitched together fail to connect properly: Leskinen and Maho leaving Japan happily even though someone tried to hack Amadeus. Meanwhile, Okarin & co aren't supposed to know those who attacked them, yet adapting RMG was questionable because they don't even know when the bike suit woman would attack them to abduct Kagari again. All of those issues had to be addressed by the characters considering the impending dangers with these, but due to the merge approach, they are pretty much disconnected. It isn't like the adaptation is "bad" or anything, but it lacks of consistency.

In any case, the rest of the series will most likely follow V&A. The remaining question is if they will proceed with Operation Arc Light first then PR, or the other way around.
I suspect them to go through the Rajikan incident, but Kagari survives in this case. Then, soon after that, DURPA overthrows Stratfo and hunts her down. This is fine since Leskinen is pretty much MIA in the original PR, and he is pretty much retired in V&A.
Following this, Okarin & co will figure out about the brainwashing stuff and the memory overwrite, ultimately leading to the end of Antinomic Dual, then PR.

As far as it goes, Okarin will probably learn about "deceiving the world" directly in the same world line, then prepares Operation Skuld. So no D RINE in this case.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2018-07-19 at 10:21.
Old 2018-07-23, 11:41   Link #176
Marina2

You know something great is coming when they make anime original ep.

YouTube

Quote:
第15話「漸近線のリコグナイズ」

将来、ダルと由季との間に生まれる運命の鈴羽。 しかし、現在の「両親」の関係は進展しておらず、最近はあまり連絡も取っていない様子。 父のあまりにも消極的な姿勢に業を煮やした鈴羽は、一計を案じるのだが……。
Old 2018-07-23, 12:27   Link #177
RDNexus

They really seem to be trying to tell the story their own way, apparently using original material to fill holes the games may have had.
Those who played the games may know better.
Old 2018-07-30, 11:07   Link #178
Marina2

Oh, we are heading to V&A now.

YouTube
Old 2018-07-31, 11:04   Link #179
HtwoN

So VA or PR first?
Old 2018-08-16, 15:15   Link #180
RDNexus

So...about these last few episodes...anything to say about them? Folks who played the game...
Closed Thread