AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-16, 16:48   Link #561
4Tran

I've seen the majority of the shows in this thread, but while I agree that some of them, like Okusama wa Joshi Kosei, are truly bad, I think one show is heads and shoulders above (below?) them all - Lime-iro Ryuukitan X Cross. It's still the only show that I can think of with absolutely no redeeming features. I can usually think of good things to say about show that I hate, but there are no words for Lime-iro Ryuukitan.

As an aside, it's rather startling how many people listed shows that are either mediocre or even good. I get the feeling that they're lucky enough to have never seen anything really bad.
Old 2007-04-16, 16:58   Link #562
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Either that or they fall into the "don't get it" group. Some people hate Shakespeare, Douglas Adams, and Kurt Vonnegut (not that I'm implying anime is a grand masterpiece but sometimes people say something stinks because *they* don't understand it and it makes them insecure).
Old 2007-04-16, 17:16   Link #563
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
As an aside, it's rather startling how many people listed shows that are either mediocre or even good. I get the feeling that they're lucky enough to have never seen anything really bad.
I've noticed that too. I mean, I'm not exceptionally fond of Air, but I'd hardly call it the worst ever.

Though, to be honest, anytime someone posts a series in this forum I've pretty much decided that I now have to see at least an episode. Lime-iro Ryuukitan X Cross here I come!

EDIT: Interestingly, episode 1 seems to have been exercised from Animesuki's database forever - wow, this might be a real winner.

EDIT 2: An update. My fiber-optic internet is only managing 1.5 k/sec on this episode. It could take years to finish. :/

Last edited by rooboy; 2007-04-16 at 20:40.
Old 2007-04-16, 17:49   Link #564
digiboy123
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to digiboy123
I don't really have any animes that I dislike...

I usually like what I see. I'm a just a cliche-aholic. xD;

Reign kinda sucked, though. =/ Didn't interest me at all.
Old 2007-04-16, 17:55   Link #565
pirs
Yuki.N is love~

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiboy123 View Post
I don't really have any animes that I dislike...
same here, I like pretty much all animes I've ever seen.
Old 2007-04-16, 18:16   Link #566
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Yet to come across one that I hated. Soul link was weak, but okay. Really bad story, but o well.

I guess if I had to choose my least favorite it would be Shuffle! Memories. Waste of time. If you have seen season 1, just watch SM 13 and even it is nothing but fanservice.
Old 2007-04-16, 20:00   Link #567
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Let me explain why I don’t think highly of Soul Link. It was one of the shows which has a lot of hype and hoopla surrounding it. Reading the reviews I was taken in by the myth. When I did watch the show it was contrasting from what I had pictured. If you do have high hopes regarding something and when they do get shattered was the reason. That’s the major reason why I don’t like that anime. If I had seen the anime minus the hype It would have been a different story
I can understand that. Soul Link was announced as Shuffle! was at the height of it's popularity, and being based on a game from the same company, was highly anticipated. Shame it completely sucked. I'm sure many many shuffle fans felt the same way as you did.
Old 2007-04-16, 21:07   Link #568
shoggoth80

"What ff fails to realise for someone that like rpg's usualy graphics come in dead last yet it has put it as a first priority."

Bingo! Although I will say I own 1, 2, and 3 (USA releases...I know the numbering is different for Japanese continuity...and NO I don't care that much...so don't ask me to change it up to match). These do a pretty decent job overall. But, graphics pale in comparison to a good story line, and a decent interface.

Back on topic... One anime that I saw that I just could not stand, and should be used as a frisbee is Cosprayers. I watched that as a fansub, and eventhough there are elements of parody in there, I just despise it. Pokemon, and Yu-Gi-Oh need to die as well... skeet practice or something.

I don't mind Eva, as I take that into context of the times a bit. It's an interesting snapshot.
Although I did sort of wish Shinji would die.
Old 2007-04-16, 23:12   Link #569
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Either that or they fall into the "don't get it" group. Some people hate Shakespeare, Douglas Adams, and Kurt Vonnegut (not that I'm implying anime is a grand masterpiece but sometimes people say something stinks because *they* don't understand it and it makes them insecure).
True, but I'd imagine that anyone who's watch a decent amount of anime would have come across something worse than the likes of RahXephon, Cowboy Bebop, Evangelion or Kanon (to pick a few of the better known anime at random). I mean, just because a guy doesn't like it or doesn't understand it shouldn't necessarily mean that it's the worst anime he's ever seen. The title of "the worst" should go to those few anime that are well recognized for their horridness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy
Though, to be honest, anytime someone posts a series in this forum I've pretty much decided that I now have to see at least an episode. Lime-iro Ryuukitan X Cross here I come!

EDIT: Interestingly, episode 1 seems to have been exercised from Animesuki's database forever - wow, this might be a real winner.

EDIT 2: An update. My fiber-optic internet is only managing 1.5 k/sec on this episode. It could take years to finish. :/
Hah! You're really brave! If you want to, you might want to catch the prequel to it: Lime-iro Senkitan (known at Animesuki as "Raimuiro Senkitan"). While this is also heralded as one of the worst shows ever, I'd say that it's still way, way better than Lime-iro Ryuukitan is. You may want to find the Senkitan OAVs as well; they tend to be better than the actual show since they have less to do with the actual plot (the more you're familiar with early 20th century history, the less you'll like the plot)!

You know what, I'm going to commiserate! I've already seen as much of Okusama wa Joshi Kosei as I can stand, so I'm going to try out Cosmopolitan Prayers!
Old 2007-04-17, 03:31   Link #570
shoggoth80

"I've already seen as much of Okusama wa Joshi Kosei as I can stand, so I'm going to try out Cosmopolitan Prayers!"

Cosmopolitan Prayers = Cosprayers.

Sick, sick, sick... you are a rare breed of masochist.
Old 2007-04-17, 07:50   Link #571
tawiscara
*swish*swooossshhh*

i'm not sureif it's called miene liebe something... it's boring XD
Old 2007-04-18, 02:53   Link #572
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
Naruto...

I think it'd very good as frisbee since there's also hell lotsa disc of it

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Old 2007-04-18, 03:00   Link #573
Misa

I agree naruto all the way

but I don't completely hate it 0__o
Old 2007-04-19, 10:29   Link #574
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoggoth80
Sick, sick, sick... you are a rare breed of masochist.
I just finished Cosprayers, and it's definitely a very bad show, and I can see why people would put it in this thread. I'm not quite so critical of it though, and I'd place it somewhere near Ultimate Girls (the shows are similar in quite a few ways) in terms of quality (low) and entertainment level (also low). I don't think that it's a bit better than "gems" like Okusama wa Joshi Kosei or Lime-iro Senkitan, and it's a lot better than Lime-iro Ryuukitan X Cross . As for masochism, I might just check out the rest of the trilogy: Smash Hit and Love Love...

By the way, Naruto is a good example of my earlier point. While I think that it's sort of bland and uninteresting, I don't think that it's anywhere near bad enough for people to call it the "worst". At the very least, there's a huge stack of shows that are much worse out there.
Old 2007-04-19, 10:33   Link #575
rooboy
Umeboshi!

*sigh* I think you're right, I believe that I've still only managed to get 20 something % on Lime-Iro Ryuukitan X Cross (why is the series named to sound like a SF II attack? Don't answer, I want to find out ). It is coming, just sloooowly.
Old 2007-04-19, 12:50   Link #576
shoggoth80

Self Flagellation via home "entertainment."
What have you guys done that was so wrong that you have to punish yourselves so?

This thread is great, just because it shows that:
There is such a thing as bad anime.

Some people don't quite understand that...they should be directed to this thread.
It's educational.
Old 2007-04-19, 14:21   Link #577
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
As for masochism, I might just check out the rest of the trilogy: Smash Hit and Love Love...
Love Love is better than Cosprayers At least i managed to finish the former
Old 2007-04-19, 14:40   Link #578
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoggoth80 View Post
Self Flagellation via home "entertainment."
What have you guys done that was so wrong that you have to punish yourselves so?
I don't know about self-flagellation, but I felt the Cosprayers was worth checking out. Besides, it's not utterly devoid of any entertainment value, and it's bearable if you already know that it's horrid coming in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoggoth80 View Post
This thread is great, just because it shows that:
There is such a thing as bad anime.

Some people don't quite understand that...they should be directed to this thread.
It's educational.
My feelings are a little mixed about that. This is definitely true for some titles, but a lot of decent to good titles have also been listed. I think that it'd be very good if everyone would save their ire for the ones that really deserve it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy
why is the series named to sound like a SF II attack?
To be honest, I gave up too early to find out .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Love Love is better than Cosprayers At least i managed to finish the former
Heh. I've got to watch them in order, so it'll be Smash Hit first!
Old 2007-04-19, 15:19   Link #579
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I've also heard that Gun-Dou Musashi is very bad. I haven't quite felt brave enough to try that one.
Quote:
My feelings are a little mixed about that. This is definitely true for some titles, but a lot of decent to good titles have also been listed. I think that it'd be very good if everyone would save their ire for the ones that really deserve it.
I have to agree. Anime (as far as I can tell) does not have a significantly different distribution of quality than most other entertainment. A large number of the shows that have been listed (even ones that I personally do not like) I can recognize are really not bad. But then a lot depends on what someone's seen. Like, if the only things I'd ever seen were four or five really great shows, and then I watched something average - obviously the average one is the worst in my opinion. But when it comes to the really bad ones, whoa.

Now I'm jealous and am going to have to finish Cosprayers and then watch Smash Hit (which I'd never even heard of before). I've already seen Love Love (and it was awful as well).
Old 2007-04-20, 13:49   Link #580
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_AQUARE View Post
comic party, soul link , i agree but have anyone seen diversa misaki!!!
yeah comic party is awful... i somehow found a good review for this show about how the characters are so great and something about the plot being interesting with anime nerds and it turns out the characters are flatter than paper and the comedy was so lame. The colors were bright as hell not to mention the characters were so ugly and just as annoying. well that's what I got from the first episode and it just reminded me of love hina so definitely not watching anymore... It was like love hina but it aggravated me a lot less with its pointless characters and lame comedy.