AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-27, 19:02   Link #4081
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

^On top of that, Kiba doesn't need a sword that increases speed to have God-speed close to Okita's. It would be a serious hit to his pride as a swordsman if that were the case.
Old 2014-03-27, 19:13   Link #4082
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBernax2814 View Post
No chance, Okita is a demon. Kusanagi is mentioned in the story as a holy sword.
Do the math.
by chance he got it in the war of his time, or as a gift from sirzech
Old 2014-03-27, 19:51   Link #4083
aw454wtr

wonder if Ajuka checked Kiba's knight piece, would it have become a mutation piece by now to support kiba having the two balance breakers for two sacred gears.
Old 2014-03-27, 19:56   Link #4084
aw454wtr

Quote:
Who knows, maybe there are other sword masters that are stronger. Don't forget, for example, that many of the Japanese gods are portrayed as master swordsmen.

Actually we know next to nil about the life of Xenovia before joining Rias peerage.

That's because her master is Kiba.
She's only practicing using techniques on kiba something she is no used to,

if she went full force with durandal+excalibur destruction she can blow up the whole area that they practice and KO kiba in one shot (kiba did admit to this in vol 14) in the gremory group only Ise's longinus smasher and crimson blaster can do more widespread destruction than xenovia

so its more appropriate to call kiba xenovia's crash test dummy XD
Old 2014-03-27, 22:12   Link #4085
teejmo

Quote:
No chance, Okita is a demon. Kusanagi is mentioned in the story as a holy sword.
Do the math.
Well, Xenovia is a devil. And Ex-Durandal is a holy sword. Okita could have easily taken it before he became a devil. Though I know he didn't. It has already been said that its with the Imperial family.

Anyway, I don't know about anyone else, but I was disappointed a bit when I learned Saji's Balance Breaker was armor. I mean, it looks amazing and all, but after hearing how Balance Breaker began activating once Saji claimed he would be himself and not Ise, to find out it was armor... ugh. Saji's type is mostly technique, and instead of a sick barrier and traps type, it turns out to be something mostly used for power types.

Personally, my favorite balance breaker in the series so far has been Cuo Cuo's. I love his "as long as they don't touch me, I win" mentality, and his Balance Breaker's various forms are so dangerous, no one really had an answer to it. I was so hoping Saji's would be along the lines of this.
Old 2014-03-27, 23:02   Link #4086
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Do the math.
Zenovia is a devil. Durandal and Excalibur are holy swords. Do the math.
Old 2014-03-27, 23:18   Link #4087
Tbolt

LOL, that's Saji for you no luck with girls and really no luck with his BB.
Old 2014-03-27, 23:26   Link #4088
whitecloud

Thanks to vritra...he is cursed...hahaha
Old 2014-03-28, 01:09   Link #4089
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
LOL, that's Saji for you no luck with girls and really no luck with his BB.
ooh god, i hope that when issei sees saji's BB he'll go ... so i can call you tentacle rape-man now right?
Old 2014-03-28, 03:18   Link #4090
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Heh. I never notice it before the connection between albion and vali lucifer, because lucifer is bringer of light and albion base/bb is white dragon emperor/emperio juggernaut overdrive which is white/silver white and has power/similarity to light "wings of light + divine dividing (white and silver white)" why didn't I notice this before how silly of me I been reading this ln for long time and I never notice it before
Old 2014-03-28, 03:35   Link #4091
sky black swordman

Quote:
Do the math.
Does Okita even possess the ability to wield Holy Swords? AFAIK, nothing has been mentioned that he can wield Holy Swords. To wield Holy Swords one must be born with the ability to wield them (Xenovia) or given the ability to wield them through artificial means (Irina).The latter only being an option for those on Heaven's side.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2014-03-28 at 06:54.
Old 2014-03-28, 04:02   Link #4092
vlade

how about okita use japanese demonic sword like muramasa/masanune
Old 2014-03-28, 05:12   Link #4093
lived_1714

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
Well, Xenovia is a devil. And Ex-Durandal is a holy sword. Okita could have easily taken it before he became a devil. Though I know he didn't. It has already been said that its with the Imperial family.

Anyway, I don't know about anyone else, but I was disappointed a bit when I learned Saji's Balance Breaker was armor. I mean, it looks amazing and all, but after hearing how Balance Breaker began activating once Saji claimed he would be himself and not Ise, to find out it was armor... ugh. Saji's type is mostly technique, and instead of a sick barrier and traps type, it turns out to be something mostly used for power types.

Personally, my favorite balance breaker in the series so far has been Cuo Cuo's. I love his "as long as they don't touch me, I win" mentality, and his Balance Breaker's various forms are so dangerous, no one really had an answer to it. I was so hoping Saji's would be along the lines of this.
I believe you mean Cao Cao, not Cuo Cuo, right?
Old 2014-03-28, 08:37   Link #4094
aw454wtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Does Okita even possess the ability to wield Holy Swords? AFAIK, nothing has been mentioned that he can wield Holy Swords. To wield Holy Swords one must be born with the ability to wield them (Xenovia) or given the ability to wield them through artificial means (Irina).The latter only being an option for those on Heaven's side.
You do not need to be on heaven's side to become an artificial holy sword user, Kiba can use holy swords after recieving the holy sword genes from Balpa Galiel in vol 3, just not the legendary ones unless their owner grants temporary permission

Does the same theory apply to demonic swords? do you need to be born with the ability to use then if you are human, (I'm assuming all angels/fallen angles can use holy swords and all devils can use demonic swords by nature)
Old 2014-03-28, 09:04   Link #4095
G147

Kiba didn't gain it from Valper, the spirits of his friends who were in the crystal made it possible.
Old 2014-03-28, 11:24   Link #4096
aw454wtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
Kiba didn't gain it from Valper, the spirits of his friends who were in the crystal made it possible.
In the anime Valper tossed one crystal that had the genes for holy sword usage in it, from it the spirits came out and sort of fused into kiba
Old 2014-03-28, 12:29   Link #4097
Tbolt

Ise's sword Ascalon is a holy dragon slayer and Irina's sword is a mass produced holy-demonic.

They just have to undergo ritualistic modifications.
Old 2014-03-28, 12:39   Link #4098
Moeterum

Will we get a Harem ending?

And if so do you think Kiba also has a chance to be a part of it and be with Isse I mean He's in love with him too after all
Old 2014-03-28, 12:57   Link #4099
DocBernax2814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeterum View Post

And if so do you think Kiba also has a chance to be a part of it and be with Isse I mean He's in love with him too after all
I don't think so, I mean, Kiba has Tsubaki.

And the term for Kiba would be "Fraternal Love" (I hope is this and not the other kind)
Old 2014-03-28, 13:03   Link #4100
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeterum View Post

Yes, Rias's mom already has told her to start managing Ise's harem. And all the rest of the girls are jockeying for position. The harem is set.
As for Kiba, the author had done a lot of BL jokes with him - he even got him to turn into a girl for a short story, which Ise admitted to himself was a type of girl he liked, and looked good in a nurse's uniform. However, lately the author seems to be pushing the BL away from Ise (well, other than Vali). Gasper has a girl he's fighting for, and lately Kiba is being pushed to Sona-kaichou's queen, Tsubaki. So it looks like Kiba and Gasper are out of the running for Ise's harem, which I'm sure Ise is ecstatic over.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, echii, harem, oppai, romance, school life