AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-08, 20:43   Link #101
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Told you this would happen. No further discussion.
Huh?? What are you talking about, dude??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
I wouldn't call it incest when each member comes from a different family. Sure Oda refers to each member as brother/sister/mother/father, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are such in terms of bloodline. With some of the members, best if they hooked up within the crew rather than be raped by strangers.
LOL and someone's looking for a way to justify Luffy x Nami AGAIN?? Total BS I say. At least I'm OK with Robin being paired with someone not a Mugiwara as long as his face does not disgusts me lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
Zoro*Robin has no logic. I have yet to hear a good reason of why they should be a couple. And Vergo is funnier like that. I wonder what else will se on his face in the future. He seems to have a thing for fast-food so, maybe some crispy strips? But i admit it freaked me out at first, glad it's not actually part of his face...
It may not have a logic for you. But to me, it does. But gawd forbid the FroBin. I think it's just like Ussopp x Nami lol.

I found it disgusting when I didn't have an idea what it was. I thought it was a part of his face. Uuggh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
robin is much older than zoro, she's already 30 and zoro is only 21. besides, she treats him like a younger brother. i don't approve any straw hat pairing at all. their relationship is so familial it would seem like incest if any of them hooked up.

maybe vergo would have a hotdog stuck to his cheek next?
Age doesn't matter. I only approve of ZoRobin inside the crew. The rest disgusts me.

I wonder what entered Oda's mind to have him like that LOL.
Old 2012-07-09, 08:17   Link #102
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
The WG couldn't handle Black Beard when he betrayed them. Black Beard was given access to Level 6 and he got an extra devil fruit all thanks to the WG. Look at Croc, jinbi, and Daflamingo. They are proof that if you play with fire you can get burned. The purpose of the alliance between Law and Luffy, is to take down a Yonkou.
you have to remember that when blackbeard betrayed the WG they were currently at war with whitebeard. they could hardly handle the whitebeard pirates alone and it took them some time to recover from that war. by the time they did blackbeard had already grown too powerful for them to dispose of easily. that's why i think blackbeard had the ultimate plan, he played, schemed and manipulated everyone.

crocodile and jinbei were taken care of. they were imprisoned for their "treachery" and would have rotten in their cells if not for a kid with a straw hat. as for law and luffy planning to take down a yonkou, this would actually benefit the government if you really think about it. one less yonkou to deal with. if i were the WG, i'd rather have the pirates fight amongst themselves and just handle the ones left. it's easier than fighting all of them. this is why i think the WG may have something to do with the hostilities between the yonkou. i doubt they just stood by and watched them grow ever more powerful each day. they probably monitored the comings and goings between the yonkou and even dreaded the possibility of any of them joining forces. whitebeard and shanks may not have liked each other but among the four emperors at that time, they were probably the most likely to form an alliance. an alliance between two emperors would be a huge threat to them, especially if those two emperors rally against them in a war. i won't be surprised if they caused some ruckus in the yonkou territories and pointed the blame on one of them causing some squabbles to erupt among the emperors. i honestly believe that if the WG had fought the whitebeard and red hair pirates in the marine ford war, the results might have been more favorable towards the pirates.
Old 2012-07-09, 09:17   Link #103
Kona
Banned

Jimbei did a bad job protecting Luffy. But now he's back to his normal self.
Old 2012-07-09, 09:58   Link #104
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Copying powers is fine, but if he can copy appearances as well, then Mr 2 becomes a bit redundant.

Uh, shouldn't it be the other way around? You know, since Bentham appeared first and all?

But yeah, the whole thing about copying looks DOES sound a bit redundant. Or maybe "copying appearances" means that he'll simply copy his enemies' color schemes, Mega Man style!

But I'm more interested in the info about him permanently stealing powers, myself. Like, does it mean that he steals DF powers in general, or one specific technique related to that power? If it's the latter, then I think that would make more sense since the former makes Chameleone's ability sound TOO broken (after all, Blackbeard is the dude who's supposed to be stealing whole DF powers, remember!?).
Old 2012-07-09, 10:38   Link #105
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Uh, shouldn't it be the other way around? You know, since Bentham appeared first and all?
What?

If Chameleon's powers can copy appearances as well as powers, then Bentham's fruit has become redundant because there is another fruit that could do what he does and more.

And something can only become redundant if they were there first, so I'm not sure what your point is exactly.
Old 2012-07-09, 10:43   Link #106
marvelB

^And we were introduced to Bentham's power YEARS before Chameleone's. So my point is, wouldn't that make Chameleone's power the "redundant" one by default?
Old 2012-07-09, 14:29   Link #107
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
Huh?? What are you talking about, dude??
Your pairing not working out like you thought it would by being upstaged by a different pairing not to your liking.

Quote:
At least I'm OK with Robin being paired with someone not a Mugiwara as long as his face does not disgusts me lol.
Unfortunately, the chances coming across a face that doesn't disgust you may be slim.

Quote:
LOL and someone's looking for a way to justify Luffy x Nami AGAIN?? Total BS I say.
What part of "No further discussion" didn't you understand? That info was NOT for you because I knew you'd be calling me a villainous hypocrite. You better leave me alone about my opinions. I don't like getting infractions for arguing with people like you that get me angry. At least I don't have a problem with the Robin and Franky pairing like you do.
Old 2012-07-09, 15:49   Link #108
Mateus

If Chameleone got to keep his powers until he learned something else (ala Kirby or Rogue) then that'd be one thing but he's already quite overpowered in my book seeing as how any DF he copies is permanent, even IF the power to copy is his true base power it doesn't make it any less cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^And we were introduced to Bentham's power YEARS before Chameleone's. So my point is, wouldn't that make Chameleone's power the "redundant" one by default?
Mr. 2 really only changed his face iirc, do we even know the full extent of what Chameleon's appearance copying skills are yet? Can he copy everything perfectly from height/weight, face, voice, and mannerisms (and as I recall during the Alabasta Arc one of the kids mentioned that the King acted like a Queen - when Mr. 2 was masquerading as Cobra)? If yes then I will have to go with Mr. 2 being redundant or in this case irrelevant as the newer model is capable of doing what he could/should have done and more (and more accurately I might add).
Old 2012-07-09, 16:40   Link #109
james0246

Quote:
If it is Bentham's power that has been 'replaced', then he is the one that is now redundant. (Realistically, if this new DF is as powerful as ti is hinted to be, then all powers would become redundant, since every single one could be found in one source.)

But, that's assuming that this new character copies appearance and not just powers. I expect if this Chameleone character does actually copy abilities, then he will not copy appearances (if only because that would be an extremely hard hassle to animated, or however his character is being presented).
Old 2012-07-09, 17:01   Link #110
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
you have to remember that when blackbeard betrayed the WG they were currently at war with whitebeard. they could hardly handle the whitebeard pirates alone and it took them some time to recover from that war. by the time they did blackbeard had already grown too powerful for them to dispose of easily. that's why i think blackbeard had the ultimate plan, he played, schemed and manipulated everyone.

crocodile and jinbei were taken care of. they were imprisoned for their "treachery" and would have rotten in their cells if not for a kid with a straw hat. as for law and luffy planning to take down a yonkou, this would actually benefit the government if you really think about it. one less yonkou to deal with. if i were the WG, i'd rather have the pirates fight amongst themselves and just handle the ones left. it's easier than fighting all of them. this is why i think the WG may have something to do with the hostilities between the yonkou. i doubt they just stood by and watched them grow ever more powerful each day. they probably monitored the comings and goings between the yonkou and even dreaded the possibility of any of them joining forces. whitebeard and shanks may not have liked each other but among the four emperors at that time, they were probably the most likely to form an alliance. an alliance between two emperors would be a huge threat to them, especially if those two emperors rally against them in a war. i won't be surprised if they caused some ruckus in the yonkou territories and pointed the blame on one of them causing some squabbles to erupt among the emperors. i honestly believe that if the WG had fought the whitebeard and red hair pirates in the marine ford war, the results might have been more favorable towards the pirates.
Betrayal is a betrayal
Regardless of what happened Black Beard came out on top. He got what he wanted. The WG are fools for trusting him, they took a risk and got burned badly.

Crocodile was taken care of by Luffy and the gang. If Luffy had not done something then Croc might have pulled it off. Jinbi did not even honor his contract what was the point of giving him the title? Luffy and Law taking down a Yonkou is beneficial to the WG, but there is another side to this. If they can take down a Yonkou with this plan then who to say they will not turn this plan on the WG too?

White Beard and Shanks would have destroyed the WG even with the Shichibukai at there side. Garp mentioned during the Sabody arch that the Marines would not have enough resource to take on two legends at the same time. He was talking about Rayleigh and White Beard. If Shanks and White Beard were there, I don't thing the Marines would be standing at all.
Old 2012-07-10, 09:27   Link #111
ronin myael
lost ronin

new chapter is up! where's the new thread?
Old 2012-07-10, 10:11   Link #112
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Not to mention, Oda is taking another break. Oda you are killing me here.
Old 2012-07-10, 10:19   Link #113
marvelB

Sorry for the wait, guys! I wasn't aware that the chapter was out this early! Anyways, here ya go!

Edit: BTW, I meant to post this earlier, but here's some more pics of Chameleons (one of the pics even has his name spelled in English, which indeed proves that the "Chameleone" spelling is official):

Spoiler:

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-07-10 at 11:15.
Old 2012-07-10, 17:26   Link #114
Rainbowman

Quote:
Edit: BTW, I meant to post this earlier, but here's some more pics of Chameleons (one of the pics even has his name spelled in English, which indeed proves that the "Chameleone" spelling is official):

Spoiler:
Is this guy to be one of Luffy's opponents? I like the colors of his coat. No doubt this guy would have a zoan fruit. At first I thought it was Doflamingo after the time-skip.
Closed Thread