AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2017-11-13, 03:11   Link #81
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Subaru dressed as Nikumi.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-14, 16:25   Link #82
grecefar
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Blue Notes Blues
Now I remember how frustrating was this part and seeing it animated is even worse.
__________________
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-14, 18:03   Link #83
MCAL
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
His voice actor makes it so much more obvious, but Etsuya Eizan really is perfect for Nakiri Azami.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-14, 18:06   Link #84
HandofFate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
I feel that the way the evil guy wants to make the place is how most culinary schools in the US actually run lol
__________________
...
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-14, 23:56   Link #85
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 29
i just hope they don't drag the battle through all of next ep and into the following week's.
__________________
Aria is the best series EVER. Rewatch Origination with me.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-15, 02:40   Link #86
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I feel that the way the evil guy wants to make the place is how most culinary schools in the US actually run lol
It's certainly closer to sane than the old Tootsuki, but it's not nearly there either.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-15, 03:00   Link #87
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
So…Azami’s plan for Totsuki is to apply cooking-facism?

Also, I wonder what would’ve happened if the one who challenged Eizan was Erina instead of Soma. Maybe it would’ve improved Polar Star’s chance to win the Shokugeki. Can that work? Could she fight for Polar Star in her current situation & status?

Anyway, I really hope Erina gets a better role in this arc and not just be the damsel in distress throughout. If that happens, that will degrade her role from "the Kaiba of the show" to "the Asuna of the show" and I'll be disappointed .
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-15, 04:58   Link #88
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Anyway, I really hope Erina gets a better role in this arc and not just be the damsel in distress throughout. If that happens, that will degrade her role from "the Kaiba of the show" to "the Asuna of the show" and I'll be disappointed .
Erina was NEVER the Kaiba of this show and with that name you should be ashamed of yourself. Erina was a princess tsundere that was as ridiculous as the Shana clones but the ONLY reason she's forgiven is because of the fact she's got big breasts. Come on now.
__________________
Trinity seven social group

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-15, 05:13   Link #89
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Erina was NEVER the Kaiba of this show and with that name you should be ashamed of yourself. Erina was a princess tsundere that was as ridiculous as the Shana clones but the ONLY reason she's forgiven is because of the fact she's got big breasts. Come on now.
Why should I be ashamed of myself for stating a not-so-serious opinion? You might wanna calm down a little bit there, buddy. Take it easy.

Well, Erina’s not a perfect Kaiba, but she has some elements of a Kaiba. I was hoping that she does something interesting as Soma's rival. Alas, looks like it's just my wishful thinking. In this arc, looks like Erina will be the Princess Peach love interest. I’ll be happy to be proven wrong though.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-15, 06:15   Link #90
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Why should I be ashamed of myself for stating a not-so-serious opinion? You might wanna calm down a little bit there, buddy. Take it easy.

Well, Erinaís not a perfect Kaiba, but she has some elements of a Kaiba. I was hoping that she does something interesting as Soma's rival. Alas, looks like it's just my wishful thinking. In this arc, looks like Erina will be the Princess Peach love interest. Iíll be happy to be proven wrong though.
Erina has absolutely ZERO elements of Kaiba. Plus she's not Soma's rival and never has been. Hayama and Kurokiba are the closest things he has to a rival but Erina's not a rival by any stretch of the word
__________________
Trinity seven social group

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-15, 07:58   Link #91
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Erina has absolutely ZERO elements of Kaiba. Plus she's not Soma's rival and never has been. Hayama and Kurokiba are the closest things he has to a rival but Erina's not a rival by any stretch of the word
Jeez man, you really do take this absolutely seriously, don’t you? So serious to the point that you used all-caps words to argue my passing comment. I’m trying hard to hold my chuckle reading your super-serious replies to my not-so-serious comments .

Anyway, as for Kaiba elements, here’s my breakdown just to (dis)satisfy you:
Spoiler for saving space:
Go ahead. Keep saying that Erina has "ZERO" Kaiba-elements. Who knows, if you keep saying that, it might come true .
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-15, 08:50   Link #92
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Jeez man, you really do take this absolutely seriously, don’t you? So serious to the point that you used all-caps words to argue my passing comment. I’m trying hard to hold my chuckle reading your super-serious replies to my not-so-serious comments .

Anyway, as for Kaiba elements, here’s my breakdown just to (dis)satisfy you:
Spoiler for saving space:
Go ahead. Keep saying that Erina has "ZERO" Kaiba-elements. Who knows, if you keep saying that, it might come true .
I'll give you 1 and 2 6 but the other points are wrong
__________________
Trinity seven social group

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-15, 08:57   Link #93
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
I'll give you 1 and 2 6 but the other points are wrong
Number 3, 4, 5 & 7 are facts that happened in the show. How can that be wrong?

That said, you're already lost and your argument is moot as I have proven to you that Erina's Kaiba-elements are not "ZERO" like you originally said (which you himself admit by acknowledging my points 1, 2 & 6 ). Good luck next time, bud.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-15, 09:05   Link #94
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Number 3, 4, 5 & 7 are facts that happened in the show. How can that be wrong?
3 is half wrong the relationship dynamic is different. Hisako is an aide who supports Erina from the side and does so because Erina badly needed it because of Azami. Kaiba doesn't need Mokuba there but he wants her there because of the fact that it's his little brother and they've fought with each other.
4 is wrong because while Erina was his first challenge when he went to Totsuki. Kaiba wasn't a hurdle for Yugi his first true hurdle is Weevil or Pegasus because you didn't need to beat Kaiba as much as you wanted to.
5 is wrong because of the idea of a rival. Erina and Soma were in the same area but they weren't rivals in the true aspect of the word the way that Kaiba and Yugi were
7 is wrong because while both fathers were on the messy side Kaiba's stepfather used him to motivate Noah before the accident. Azami pretty much mindfucked Erina to the point that she was a shell.
__________________
Trinity seven social group

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-15, 09:12   Link #95
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
^ That doesn't make them wrong. The differences are just in the details . That makes them different but the core spirit are still the same.

Also, I'll just quote myself here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
That said, you're already lost and your argument is moot as I have proven to you that Erina's Kaiba-elements are not "absolutely ZERO" like you originally said (which you himself admit by acknowledging my points 1, 2 & 6 ). Good luck next time, bud.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-15, 09:17   Link #96
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
^ That doesn't make them wrong. The differences are just in the details . That makes them different but the core spirit are still the same.

Also, I'll just quote myself here:
Actually if the details are different that makes them wrong. But back to my main complaint. Erina is not the "Kaiba of this show"
__________________
Trinity seven social group

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-15, 09:28   Link #97
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Actually if the details are different that makes them wrong. But back to my main complaint. Erina is not the "Kaiba of this show"
And this argument of yours:
"Erina has absolutely ZERO elements of Kaiba"
is even more wrong

Also, I already said that "Erina being the Kaiba of the show" is more like my wishful thinking since she has some Kaiba-elements in her that's brimming with potential. My comment about Erina being "the Kaiba of the show" is a very very loose description yet you took it very seriously like I'm insulting your mother or something. Relax, dude. This is just Japanese cartoons. We have more precious things in life worth raging for .
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-15, 09:30   Link #98
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
And this argument of yours:
"Erina has absolutely ZERO elements of Kaiba"
is even more wrong

Also, I already said that "Erina being the Kaiba of the show" is more like my wishful thinking since she has some Kaiba-elements in her that's brimming with potential. My comment about Erina being "the Kaiba of the show" is a very very loose description. And yet you took it very seriously like I'm insulting your mother or something. Relax, dude. This is just Japanese cartoons. We have more precious things in life more worth raging for .
Context on a website is rather hard to get into.
__________________
Trinity seven social group

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-15, 09:36   Link #99
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's certainly closer to sane than the old Tootsuki, but it's not nearly there either.
I mean, you could argue toning down the expulsions is certainly sane, but what is even the point if that is accompanied by completely stifling all creative and research efforts? Such a school would not produce chefs, it would produce assembly line cooking drones. You can have creativity, research and a healthy amount of competition without crazy crunch-training camps where 70% or so of the students are expelled for the lulz. Seems to me Azami's just making excuses when he says this is to give a chance to everyone - he obviously thinks most people are just shit cooks undeserving of the name so he doesn't really give a shit about those plebs (a populist dressing for actually oppressive politics, how novel).
__________________
----
What if Goku was super smart and had a thing for philosophy? Find out in The Optimised Wish Project!
----

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-15, 09:37   Link #100
Sixth
Mushroom Princess
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
I mean, you could argue toning down the expulsions is certainly sane, but what is even the point if that is accompanied by completely stifling all creative and research efforts? Such a school would not produce chefs, it would produce assembly line cooking drones. You can have creativity, research and a healthy amount of competition without crazy crunch-training camps where 70% or so of the students are expelled for the lulz. Seems to me Azami's just making excuses when he says this is to give a chance to everyone - he obviously thinks most people are just shit cooks undeserving of the name so he doesn't really give a shit about those plebs (a populist dressing for actually oppressive politics, how novel).
Might as well change Tootsuki's name to "McD academy".
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cooking

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.