AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Who are your favorite characters?
Alto Saotome 202 36.59%
Sheryl Nome 388 70.29%
Ranka Lee 159 28.80%
Brera Sterne 75 13.59%
Ozma Lee 127 23.01%
Cathy Glass 62 11.23%
Klan Klan 203 36.78%
Mikhail Blanc (aka Michel) 156 28.26%
Luca Angeloni 24 4.35%
Nanase Matsuura 23 4.17%
Canaria Berstein 18 3.26%
Leon Mishima 13 2.36%
Howard Glass 6 1.09%
Grace O'Connor 41 7.43%
Bobby Margot 61 11.05%
Nene Rora 14 2.54%
Raramia Rerenia 13 2.36%
Jeffrey Wilder 18 3.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 552. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-27, 08:17   Link #481
Teletha

Quote:
as we can see that teh number of votes for sheryl does not drop much, then:

some rankaXalto shippers got converted to sherylXalto shippers
and some just lost hope in their initial choice pairing
and some just got lazy to vote again
Pretty much. Some people just don't care about the love triangle anymore. You know, how people here leave when their couple isn't working but somehow show up again when things are good? LJ has also has less votes because it's a new poll and also it's full of fangirls who don't care about hetero pairings to begin with and pick "no one" who Alto will end up with. Though seriously, LJ was freaking Ranka central until recently. The difference is pretty obvious.

I'm interested to see Newtype and other magazine rankings again when they come out. I know Ranka was ahead last month for the most part.
Old 2008-08-27, 08:23   Link #482
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Since I cant read the one posted in the Japanese site earlier, its only up to Ram Hua, eh?

If we ignore all the catch all votes at the bottom, its 185 Sheryl vs 160 every one else.. WIN!

If we took the MW poll and count up to Ran Hua's vote (ignoring the catch all) its 134 vs 110. Still win

Maybe they added some other polls? Monica got one compared to the one on MW... OK.. it did say MW poll for up to ep 10 @.@

Who the hell is Ram Hua?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-08-27, 08:27   Link #483
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Since I cant read the one posted in the Japanese site earlier, its only up to Ram Hua, eh?

If we ignore all the catch all votes at the bottom, its 185 Sheryl vs 160 every one else.. WIN!

If we took the MW poll and count up to Ran Hua's vote (ignoring the catch all) its 134 vs 110. Still win

Maybe they added some other polls? Monica got one compared to the one on MW... OK.. it did say MW poll for up to ep 10 @.@

Who the hell is Ram Hua?
One of the bridge bunnies. The one with purple hair, IIRC?
Old 2008-08-27, 08:49   Link #484
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Well, I see you and Mike. Too bad s/he didn´t look here, I think a translation of Swampys posts would be a hit. ^^
Talking about translation, I recall I have read a post in a cn forum recently. It sounds incredibly good to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 时间的守护者
歌声并不是万能的,也不是什么终极武器,歌仅仅是文化,只有有感情的智慧生物才能理解、才能感动、才能共鸣 。林明美的歌声之所以能拯救人类,是因为杰特拉帝人同样渴望着感情;Sheryl的歌声之所以无法结束战争 ,正是因为Vajra没有理性更没有感情。所以,Sheryl的歌只要为渴望爱的“人类”去唱就足够了,不 需要变成放送到全银河的Fold波。
Quote:
a rough translation
Omnipotent the song is not, neither it is an ultimate weapon by any means. The song is culture. It can only be understood, felt and communicated by beings with feelings and intellects. Lynn Minmei has saved the world because Zentradi also has longed for culture; Sheryl's songs can't end the war just because Vajra doesn't have any intellects and feelings. Hence, Sheryl can just sing the song to people who long for love, which would be sufficient. There is no need of fold-wave to broadcast it across the whole galaxy.
Old 2008-08-27, 08:52   Link #485
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Here's was the lastest popularity poll on MW

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.ph...5&#entry631385

Even more lopsided than #2 though with less votes since I guess everyone knows who was going to win anyway.

Sheryl wiped out this japanese poll as well, this was posted before but only shortly after it came up, what's Ranka's position now? She was like not even in the top ten at one stage.

http://www.vote5.net/anime/htm/1215357986.html
Old 2008-08-27, 08:55   Link #486
OSAMU41
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Oh, god. You guys need to see what I just found. It's not just we're interested in Japanese's opinions about MF, they paid some attention on us in return. This great person has posted result of Macross World's 2nd favourite girl poll (although the vote numbers don't look right) and has translated comments on girls to Japanese. I wonder if it's from some people posting here.
Hello!
Thank you for visiting my site "seichi-nippon:sacred place japan".

> This great person has posted result of Macross World's 2nd favourite girl poll (although the vote numbers don't look right)

That page is not only the result of "Macross World's 2nd favourite girl pol".
I checked the result of "Macross Frontier Girls..., Who do you like best and why?"and"Macross World's 2nd favourite girl poll",and added up them.

So the vote numbers is not a fake or a concoction.
Ahh...that's all I want to say.Sorry I'm not good at Engrish.See you Bye

Last edited by OSAMU41; 2008-08-27 at 09:14.
Old 2008-08-27, 08:59   Link #487
Westlo
Lets be reality

Where's the blog article on Suki's vote XD
Old 2008-08-27, 09:03   Link #488
glyph

Quote:
Talking about translation, I recall I have read a post in a cn forum recently. It sounds incredibly good to me.
I agree that song isn't meant to be wielded like an ultimate weapon. I am doubtful about the Vajra are mindless beasts lacking sentience and culture, though perhaps not as we understand it. Isn't it implied that Aimo was a Vajra song originally? And isn't the theme of Frontier said to be about humanity getting a "culture shock" in reversal of the original Macross?
Old 2008-08-27, 09:26   Link #489
OSAMU41
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Where's the blog article on Suki's vote XD
I saw your name in many other forums and blogs.I feel your big LOVE for MF XDDD

I'm translating the result of "Macross Frontier Girls Part 3, Who do you like best now?" now,and after that,I will make an article on Suki's vote.....maybe lol
Old 2008-08-27, 09:44   Link #490
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
One of the bridge bunnies. The one with purple hair, IIRC?
OH FARK - You mean my Haruhi? O_O
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-08-27, 09:50   Link #491
magnuskn

Quote:
OH FARK - You mean my Haruhi? O_O
Haven´t seen Haruhi, so I wouldn´t know. ^^

I could be wrong, and it could be the pink haired one, and the purple haired one is Mina.
Old 2008-08-27, 09:52   Link #492
Westlo
Lets be reality

The purple one is voiced by Aya Hirano who did Haruhi.
Old 2008-08-27, 09:54   Link #493
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletha View Post
I'm interested to see Newtype and other magazine rankings again when they come out. I know Ranka was ahead last month for the most part.
If I remember correctly they didn't ever show up on Animedia, and Ranka was leading Sheryl in Animage and Sheryl topping Ranka in Newtype So it's even.
Old 2008-08-27, 12:20   Link #494
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Oh, god. You guys need to see what I just found. It's not just we're interested in Japanese's opinions about MF, they paid some attention on us in return. This great person has posted result of Macross World's 2nd favourite girl poll (although the vote numbers don't look right) and has translated comments on girls to Japanese. I wonder if it's from some people posting here.
Some of the comments are pretty funny when translated to Japanese. I wonder how mike_s_6 feels about being mistaken for a guy again. Not only that but she now uses "ore".

Also they do some of the comments from Anime News Network for episodes 1 and 2 http://www.seichi-nippon.com/anime/macrossf_1 They used a comment from Westlo as the title 最高のワンツーパンチだった! or This was the ultimate one-two punch!

Last edited by ickem; 2008-08-27 at 12:38.
Old 2008-08-27, 12:48   Link #495
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
Interesting. Notice that first poll had 176 total votes and the last one had 97. There were decreasing as more polls came out. What happened to all the votes?
Of course I'm not surprised. Sheryl is certainly in the lead the way the series is going. Barring something terrible.
Actually if you add up the percent ratings, it's not 100% so you have to consider the other choices (I guess there was an "undecided" or "neutral" option).

I know, what I mentioned doesn't detract from the gist of the arguments, I just pointed it out for accuracy's sake
Old 2008-08-27, 12:54   Link #496
abynormal
Skull Fairy Scout

Send a message via AIM to abynormal
Finally got around to voting on this poll. Thank goodness it lets me choose more than one. I would never have been able to choose one character over the rest!
Old 2008-08-27, 12:57   Link #497
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
Some of the comments are pretty funny when translated to Japanese. I wonder how mike_s_6 feels about being mistaken for a guy again. Not only that but she now uses "ore".

Also they do some of the comments from Anime News Network for episodes 1 and 2 http://www.seichi-nippon.com/anime/macrossf_1 They used a comment from Westlo as the title 最高のワンツーパンチだった! or This was the ultimate one-two punch!
Mike a SHE???

O_O!
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-08-27, 13:05   Link #498
.Mero

Quote:
Mike a SHE???

O_O!
She's Mai from http://gabrielarobin.com/ right?
Old 2008-08-27, 13:14   Link #499
MaiHikari

Quote:
Sheryl wiped out this japanese poll as well, this was posted before but only shortly after it came up, what's Ranka's position now? She was like not even in the top ten at one stage.

http://www.vote5.net/anime/htm/1215357986.html
*woot*

#1 Sheryl
#2 Klan Klan
#3 Saotome Alto
#11 Ranka Lee

Old 2008-08-27, 14:00   Link #500
musouka

Quote:
I've seen quite a few Ranka fans say that only guys vote for Sheryl, so much for that
I was wondering about that myself. I'm more used to girls getting wild over shipping wars, so when it comes to series like Macross, it's always interesting to see guys join in the fray.

Was there a stigma amongst women against Sheryl in the beginning because she was the full figured, pushy type? Dunno. I just know I fell in love with her the second I saw the remixed version of the first ep, when she yelled at Alto to keep on flying after he knocked her over. Professionalism is a wonderful thing~
Closed Thread

Tags
characters, favorite