AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-24, 10:43   Link #441
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Shoko's character growth will be among the most complex in this series.
  • Her love life is complex. (Triangle between Haruto & Saki)
  • Her stress is piling. (Prime Ministerial responsibilities & Loss of her father)
  • She's been forced to grow up. (Everything is no longer fun & games)

Her relationships will also change over the course of the series, she will now have to balance her professional relationships with her personal relationships. She will have to keep her personal feelings from affecting her ability to make decisions.

This is why I see her becoming close to L-Elf in the "long-run". Being her advisor, they'll have more contact than all of her other relationships, they'll come to mutually understand each other, she'll see what it's like to be in his shoes (Note: he's been making tough decisions his entire life [being a child soldier is a hard life]).

Haruto being a member of N Jior's military will be in constant warfare, therefore will barely be in contact with her. Saki on the other hand, also being military power, will get Haruto during professional & personal time.

Eventually, both will fall in love with other people, due to exposure. Remember in school, they were in constant contact, so the mutual feelings were maintained. But now that they have new interactions & duties, their feelings will most definitely change.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-09-24, 13:15   Link #442
Destined_Fate

Don't forget that Akira and Shoko may end up spending more time together as Akira adjusts to being a pilot. They are friends and I can see Akira actively seeking out Shoko to spend time with her while Haruto wont as he has other things to worry about that he'll simply not notice how far Shoko and him have become til it's too late and she's moved on to perhaps L-Elf by than as they've gotten to know each other.
Old 2013-09-24, 15:02   Link #443
Divino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Don't forget that Akira and Shoko may end up spending more time together as Akira adjusts to being a pilot. They are friends and I can see Akira actively seeking out Shoko to spend time with her while Haruto wont as he has other things to worry about that he'll simply not notice how far Shoko and him have become til it's too late and she's moved on to perhaps L-Elf by than as they've gotten to know each other.
Actually I read in one of the magazines that Marie will become Akira's support character in the new season, and that the two will be interacting a lot. Dunno if that will leave room for her to interact with Shoko as much as we want her to.
Old 2013-09-24, 15:37   Link #444
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divino View Post
Actually I read in one of the magazines that Marie will become Akira's support character in the new season, and that the two will be interacting a lot.
This might really explain as to why Rion will either probably die or just change sides, considering Marie did touch her inappropriately for fun once back in season one (by the way I think Marie is cute and I don't want her to suffer too much).
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-09-24, 17:50   Link #445
Kurohane

How and why would Rion change sides?
Old 2013-09-24, 18:37   Link #446
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Actually I read in one of the magazines that Marie will become Akira's support character in the new season, and that the two will be interacting a lot. Dunno if that will leave room for her to interact with Shoko as much as we want her to.
Well, Marie is also Shoko's friend so in turn she would warm to Akira as well as she seems like the type that doesn't judge others. Especially with how she just goes with the tides when Shoko does crazy stuff.
Old 2013-09-24, 19:25   Link #447
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
No way it will be that simple knowing that it Okouchi is the writer. He almost make the impossible possible such as Euphemia killing the Japanese and turn Shu into a asshole in the later half of GC. I'll say prepared for a drama of unparalleled proportion that ever unleashed!
The Valvrape is already over.
Old 2013-09-24, 19:31   Link #448
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterson View Post
The Valvrape is already over.
It always the second half where the shit hit the fan in Okouchi's anime.
Old 2013-09-24, 20:47   Link #449
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
For better or for worse
Old 2013-09-24, 20:58   Link #450
Divino

Quote:
Well their nation is suppose to go from a democracy to a monarchy, so yeah things should get pretty crazy.
Old 2013-09-24, 21:57   Link #451
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Well their nation is suppose to go from a democracy to a monarchy, so yeah things should get pretty crazy.
I still think New JIOR will be a democratic nation that led by Shoko, since if she can't even accept nation's development plan by L-elf no way she will agree turning it into a dictatorship. Shoko and New JIOR serve more of Funeral Parlor and Black Knight type who once a former allies turned enemies. But she may be that evil empress, because who know . But one thing I do know is that something must be terribly, despairingly, and absolutely kicking the puppy wrong for her to become like that. So yeah, I'm fully prepared for any upcoming shitstorm.
Old 2013-09-24, 23:01   Link #452
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I'm game for all hell breaking loose. As long as the writing doesn't take a complete nosedive in terms of quality. That's what worries me the most.
Old 2013-09-24, 23:07   Link #453
Kurohane

Quote:
I still think New JIOR will be a democratic nation that led by Shoko, since if she can't even accept nation's development plan by L-elf no way she will agree turning it into a dictatorship. Shoko and New JIOR serve more of Funeral Parlor and Black Knight type who once a former allies turned enemies. But she may be that evil empress, because who know . But one thing I do know is that something must be terribly, despairingly, and absolutely kicking the puppy wrong for her to become like that. So yeah, I'm fully prepared for any upcoming shitstorm.
However, the founder is a "he" according to future Saki. Isn't the founder usually the first leader?

Last edited by Kurohane; 2013-09-24 at 23:20.
Old 2013-09-24, 23:18   Link #454
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
However, the founder is "he" according to future Saki. Isn't the founder usually the first leader?
The "founder" she refer to is Haruto, Shoko is sill leading New JIOR it just that Haruto leading another totally different nation than her.
Old 2013-09-24, 23:19   Link #455
Fjoergyn

Is more possible a revolution with the violent death of Shoko and assemble the slaughter and madness of the protagonists. A division of the country in the situation they are in is problematic. First need to establish partnerships and grow the country, before reaching the monarchy. Saki can be referring to either, although it seems to speak of Haruto.
Old 2013-09-24, 23:22   Link #456
Kurohane

Shoko has the most plot armor out of everyone. No way her death is more likely. I can't believe I used plot armor. I hate that term.
Old 2013-09-25, 07:15   Link #457
~BC~

Quote:
However, the founder is a "he" according to future Saki. Isn't the founder usually the first leader?
The "he" was added in the official subs but there was no gender mentioned in the original dialogue, if I remember correctly.
Old 2013-09-25, 07:23   Link #458
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:

Not always the case. *------ of Naruto founded the Akatsuki but *------- was the acknowledged leader.
Old 2013-09-25, 07:27   Link #459
Divino

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
The "he" was added in the official subs but there was no gender mentioned in the original dialogue, if I remember correctly.
It could be referring to either Shoko or Haruto. Haruto used the Valvrave to give independance to Module 77 (and like future Saki said it all started in a small module). But she could also be referring to Shoko who is the Prime Minister of the nation and the one that came up with the plan for independance in the first place.

I also have a feeling that the promise Saki is talking about in the timeskip is to Shoko and not Haruto like everybody seems to believe.
Old 2013-09-25, 11:02   Link #460
Destined_Fate

It is a possibility that Shoko and Saki become friends and Saki promises to Shoko that she will take care of Haruto and/or save him from whatever.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters