AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2018-02-26, 22:35   Link #81
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
This is still going on? How much longer can they milk this junk (Star Wars in general not the show being junk)
it is owned by Disney, that alone should be enough to answer your question
Old 2018-02-26, 23:37   Link #82
Yoxall
Finest Crusade

Another fantastic two episodes before the Rebels finale next week.

Spoiler for Ep. 12 and 13 stuff:

Last edited by Yoxall; 2018-02-26 at 23:54.
Yoxall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-28, 18:30   Link #83
Chosen_Hero

Dammit Barry, stop messing with time.

Great episodes, can't wait to see the finale next week.
Old 2018-02-28, 18:50   Link #84
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

But, will she save the day?

This is Ezra's story after all, and I don't know if I see him surviving this show.

Nor do I see the Rebel Alliance winning at Lothal. At least not in a way that liberates the planet. I can see it as a defeat for the Empire as in they do not get what they want out of the planet, but I don't see them leaving it inhabitable when they leave. Base Delta Zero was designed for this sort of situation.
Old 2018-03-05, 15:47   Link #85
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Season finale in 4 hours and 45 mintes!!

I’m pretty hype - I’m so glad that Rebels has existed and have given us such great characters. I have high hopes that we’ll see these characters throughout the Star Wars canon now, leading their own stories and doing good where they can.
Old 2018-03-05, 23:17   Link #86
Chosen_Hero

Wait a minute... Did this show just confirm that Kanan and Hera were.... Oh my, Kanan you sly dog you. Heras' ending just answered a question I had for a long long time.
Old 2018-03-06, 10:37   Link #87
Yoxall
Finest Crusade

A great finale to another part of the Star Wars Universe.

Spoiler for Finale blurb:
Old 2018-03-06, 11:52   Link #88
Wandering Soul

It's nice to see that this series got to have a proper ending unlike it's predecessor.

Ezra's character development was one of the highlights of the series, but I also liked hearing each of the other characters ended up. Kallus got to end things on good terms with the Lasat, Hera is still piloting with her new son( Kanan really did leave behind a piece of himself with her), Rex is confirmed to have taken part in Endor, and Sabine goes off to find Ezra with Ahsoka, who apparently has become Gandalf.

I didn't think the last episode was great or anything, but this is a more than satisfying ending.
Old 2018-03-06, 13:36   Link #89
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The "old" sage that isn't quite a Jedi, but was basically a Jedi before she walked way. She should be I think....40(?) by the time of the Battle of Jakku.

I do like that this animation team, producers, and writers have manage to take completely unknown characters that start off as not terribly likeable or even annoying, and make you love them by the end of the show (or even half way through the show). Even taking a character or two from the movies that may or may not have been as well executed or had little time to be developed and give them a wonderful story or arc (Anakin Skywalker is a much better character in the Clone Wars than he was in the films, and Darth Maul got a huge amount of story in animation, as did Obi-wan and even Yoda). Take the original reactions to both Ahsoka and Ezra and than look at the reaction to them now. There is quite a difference in the fan base for just these two characters.

Also they gave us Thrawn back....that's worth a lot right there.
Old 2018-03-06, 15:46   Link #90
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
It's nice to see that this series got to have a proper ending unlike it's predecessor.

Ezra's character development was one of the highlights of the series, but I also liked hearing each of the other characters ended up. Kallus got to end things on good terms with the Lasat, Hera is still piloting with her new son( Kanan really did leave behind a piece of himself with her), Rex is confirmed to have taken part in Endor, and Sabine goes off to find Ezra with Ahsoka, who apparently has become Gandalf.

I didn't think the last episode was great or anything, but this is a more than satisfying ending.
So Ashoka the grey (jedi)?
Old 2018-03-06, 19:29   Link #91
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Interesting. So humans and aliens like Hera can mate and have kids.
I wonder where Ezra and Thrawn will be by the time of The Force Awakens?
Old 2018-03-06, 23:59   Link #92
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well it is something like 35 years between the events at the end of Rebels until The Force Awakens, and probably five years before the search begins. That's about 30 years to locate them before Starkiller comes online.
Old 2018-03-07, 03:19   Link #93
colder

Is this the one on Disney?
colder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-07, 07:10   Link #94
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Disney XD channel, yes. Four seasons worth.
Old 2018-03-09, 04:43   Link #95
Tenzen12

So Kanan son is named Jacen, huh. Shame he is not out of twins for even more fun.

I liked Rebels, it had it's flaws, but it was much more fun than third trilogy. It would be great if we got another animated show that would follow up in it's (and Clone wars) footstep. Given expanded universe is not thing anymore, we need it IMHO.
Old 2018-03-09, 11:16   Link #96
Slayerx

I enjoyed rebels, though if i had one major criticism... Its that we kind stopped seeing the rebellion growing

I actually really liked seeing the rebellion gradually growing. We start off with nothing but a small band of rebels; they join up with more rebels, they acquire ships, bases and so on, gradually growing in size, even starting significant rebellions on whole planets... But then when they returned to Lothal, they went back to the small band of rebels

I like that it ended with Lothal, but i think I would have preferred it if the whole rebellion was involved and not just the main crew with a small band of locals. Heck it even feels a bit contrived that a small band of rebels could get rid of the imperial occupation with nothing more than a fake call for evacuation. I just think it would have felt a lot more satisfying to get a nice big battle between the rebellion and the empire to free the planet. Perhaps the space whales are mainly just to break the blockade and its up to the actual rebels to fight and clear out the empire from lothal. The rebellion doesn't quite have what it takes to fight the whole empire, but they prove they have enough to take a planet from them.
Old 2018-03-09, 16:00   Link #97
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

They were stuck by one of the basic premises that Star Wars provides. The Battle of Scarif is the Rebel Alliance's first major victory, which happens just before the Battle of Yavin, when we add Luke Skywalker to the picture.

The only way to gain this massive victory at Lothal would be to either wait until after the OT starts, than have this battle, or to have the Lothal rebels go back to operating independently, thus it isn't a Rebel Alliance victory.

Had this been a Rebel Alliance operation, I would have thought the series would end with a pyrrhic victory, as the Rebels would manage to drive the Empire off Lothal, but Thrawn or Tarkin would than issue Base Delta Zero and wipe out all life on the planet. No one would really win there. The Rebels would have defeated the Empire's TIE Defender project, killed a lot of Imperials, and prevented the Emperor from gaining any Jedi secrets, but everyone on the planet would be dead or have been forces to flee.

This almost happened actually, though Thrawn I think is a more fair Imperial and wouldn't kill the entire population unless their was an advantage to it. Once the Ghost crew and their operatives were dealt with, Lothal would eventually return to being a TIE fighter producing world with Thrawn's TIE Defender project coming around eventually (especially once the Death Star was destroyed). But Ezra has more tricks up his sleeve than expected, so he manages to take the pieces that would have been in question for the OT off the table until at least after the Battle of Endor and likely after the Battle of Jakku.

The only random piece still on the table is Ahsoka.
Old 2018-05-06, 02:50   Link #98
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Semi-related news. Star Wars: Resistance will be the next animated Star Wars series to come out this fall.

Also Forces of Destiny came out with another set of seven short episodes for May the Fourth (on Disney's YouTube channel), which includes some stories related to Rebels...but also the old Ewoks cartoon, Return of the Jedi, The Force, Awakens, The Last Jedi, and the Phantom Menace (well sometime after that, but before Attack of the Clones...while Padme is still Queen of Naboo).
Old 2018-07-19, 16:04   Link #99
Yoxall
Finest Crusade

THE CLONE WARS IS FINALLY COMING BACK!!!

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-07-19, 16:28   Link #100
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well.

That was unexpected.

But welcome.

So a completion of the animatics episodes and the remaining stories they had planned out leading into the Siege of Mandalore and the end of the Clone Wars?